2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 620 posts
  • 142 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 minutes ago by DNO
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CIPM (resized).jpg
Ramp Switch (resized).png
iron-maiden-pinball-egyptian-archway-1_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 2 years ago

Has anyone complained that it doesn't say "Up the Irons" when you get a high score anymore? Not really a bug I guess but was sad to see it go.

#63 2 years ago

Minor bug, but still annoying. I just set the game to play only one song instead of picking a new song each ball. Now when you get ready to launch the ball, the song is at the beginning, and when you launch, it goes back to where it was previously. In addition, frequently the screen flashes something after you launch (can't tell what it is because I'm watching the playfield...). Hope they fix this one.

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Or just plunge the ball, and stay on the song you're on?

That's the way I read it - like Metallica does it. Would like confirmation before I upgrade though...

#92 2 years ago

I ran into this bug on 1.0 and see nothing in the changelog that it is fixed:

Had a 4 ball Trooper multiball and both left and right revive lit. In one fell swoop, a ball went down the left outlane and a second ball went down the right! The revive lights both turned off but the balls never came back to the playfield.

#96 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did this happen on a Pro or Prem/LE?

It's a Pro.

Quoted from imharrow:

Was it 4 balls via grazing the captive ball while locking ball 3, or via AAB.

I'm not sure what AAB is... :/

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Sorry. Add a ball.

Hmmm, I don't recall. I *think* it was add a ball though.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Haven't yet updated .. but... this?
- removed 'SONG SELECT EVERY BALL'
I hope it isn't forcing me to select a new song each ball. That would be stupid.

I updated to 1.0.1 and now I can't find the menu option to keep the same song all game... Did they really remove it? Or was I looking in the wrong place?

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

They removed it.
And I the music attenuation bug is still there in v1.0.1 as well. I must have been wishfully hallucinating when I initially thought it was fixed.

That's so stupid....

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

You can keep the same song all game in 1.01, or do you mean you don't want you to give you the option to change it every ball?

You are forced to enter the song selection menu each ball - meaning you can easily accidentally change the song.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I had this problem (ie. accidentally changing song) before fixing the switch in the shooter lane, because it didn’t lock the song in when the ball left the plunger. Fezmid, are you having this problem?

No - the issue is when you push the flipper for the super skill shot, and then either decide not to attempt that or just taken your finger off for some other reason.

Regardless, many people want the same song all game - it was an option in the menus and now it's not, which is really dumb.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Some of the super secret skill shots are worth more than the Super Skill shot now, so why bother with the plain super? Problem solved.

That's not solving the problem, that's telling me I can't play my machine the way I want to. Not cool. Why didn't hey remove a feature that was literally already programmed?

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

This is really trivial, and borderline whiney.
If you change the song, simply change it back?
And who knows, maybe the songs will interact with gameplay in a future update, and you could NEED to change songs, and it didn't make sense to prohibit it?
But yes, everyone rip on the team for this one, lol.

I thought this thread was about "bugs, issues, and wishlist?" Please explain what criteria must be met for something to not be whiny.

To add to the whine for you, when you change the song accidentally, it starts over.

2 weeks later
#177 2 years ago

Hmm, interesting! How hard is the install?

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

very easy.
screw the plate in and the knocker down with the provided template.
screw the add on board under the cabinet board.
run wires and plug it in
2 menu options in adjustments 1. turn off digital knocker 2. Use knocker accessory

SOLD! Thanks, I'll be picking one of these up soon.

3 weeks later
#248 1 year ago

I was in Fear of the Dark mode when the ball drained, and it was my last ball of the game. I'm not sure what conditions I hit, but after the drain, the screen went nuts (see video). It wouldn't stop until I pressed the start button, at which time everything was back to normal. Weird....

#250 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wow. Awesome! Added to the bug list! That was a Pro running 1.02?

Yup.

1 week later
#283 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Dunno if this is a bug or a feature, but with 1.03 somehow I was able to start Rime of the Ancient Mariner right as Trooper was ending.

Something similar here -- Flight of Icarus completed, but I never actually started the mode... Not sure what happened (whether it was related to Trooper multiball or something else), I just looked down and saw it was already done, even though I never got to play it. Odd...

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Was yours a Pro or Prem/LE?
I wonder if they changed the behavior of The Trooper in 1.03 so you can start modes when you're in it. Everyone, please investigate! (I will, too!)

It was on a Pro. (I apparently screwed up my collection and saif I have a premium - whoops!).

#287 1 year ago
Quoted from Oxidus:

Same issue at my Pro - Fear of the dark was suddenly completed, but it wasn't neither started nor played previously.
This happened in the first game after updating to 1.03. Odd..will watch if it occurs again

Same here on the first game - I've played 5 or 6 since, and haven't seen it happen again.

#311 1 year ago
Quoted from andre060:

Good to hear it's not just me.
Since the song selection screen is disappearing consistently after I plunge, I'm thinking it's not the shooter lane switch... I'll check it to be sure, though.

You know how this problem could be easily fixed? If Stern removed the ability to change songs after the game starts like they used to!

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

Actually they removed the ability TO remove the ability, to change the song

True - but I wish they hadn't taken away the option. I don't get it.

1 month later
#392 1 year ago
Quoted from nath2099:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there seems to be a bug with the "shoot again" lamp whereby on ball 2 and 3 it won't light until you hit a switch.

I dn't think that's a bug, it's a feature -- if you plunge the ball and it drains without hitting anything, it doesn't count -- you get a do-over.

3 weeks later
#400 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Nevermind, figured it out- I've got the Premium code running in the Pro - and yes it can be done!
Time to fix that.....

I did that once! There's some other issues like the lights don't quite work right and some other stuff I don't recall.

1 week later
#414 1 year ago

And the ability to remove song selection after the first ball. Like they used to have.

3 weeks later
#433 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Maybe related or not, but I notice sometimes that some display effects or callouts can get way behind in processing. For example, I could hit a mystery and not see the animation or callout for 5 - 15 seconds after I've hit it. I suppose if things got far enough behind that it could lead to other issues.
Rob

Yeah, I've seen that too. Not often, but from time to time.

2 weeks later
#434 1 year ago

Revive is still bugged. I was in a mode (Aces High, I think, but can't remember). Revive was active on both outlanes, and the ball save was also active because it was the start of the mode. The ball went down one of the outlanes, and the callout indicated that I was getting the ball back, so I lost my Revive. That should be fixed because Revive is hard to get as it is (for me, anyway).

#436 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Added this to the bug list in the OP. It's an ongoing problem they've improved, but it sounds like they haven't conquered. Just to be sure, you're running 1.04, right?

No, 1.05

4 weeks later
#447 1 year ago
Quoted from GatoDelFuego:

Had a weird game. Had a ball locked for mummy, then got a stuck ball so ball searched. While the search was happening I was able to hit the captive ball which released the mummy locked ball but did not start mummy.
Then, I hit the captive ball with these two balls flailing everywhere enough times to actually start mummy. Game kicked out a third ball, and went to bonus after 2/3 of the balls were drained. Pesky! I'm sure if I drained one while I had two on the field it would have gone to bonus as well.
Later, during a trooper multi ball auto plunge, I soft plunged the third ball (2nd of the auto plunges) to try and hit the skill shot target. Accidentally plunged it to the left outlane instead (like a super secret skill shot). Game kicked out a replacement third ball...and then gave me the ball back from the outlane, so started trooper with 4 balls. Hit the cannon shot for a 5th. When I went back to 1 ball, it didn't go to bonus. This isn't intended, is it???

Yeah, there's definitely a bug in 1.06 related to that as I had something similar happen. Details are sketchy for me, but I was in a mode (Trooper I think but can't guarantee it). A ball auto-launched, and went out the left drain while Revive was active. I paid attention to see if I'd lose my Revive even though the timer was still on for free balls -- I was happy to see that Revive stayed lit, but then two balls launched instead of one. I'm pretty sure it's a bug, but will try to recreate it later in order to confirm.

#451 1 year ago

For me, it was a Pro.

2 weeks later
#495 1 year ago

Most will probably find this silly, but it's "wishlist" so here goes.

I installed a knocker in IMDN, and I set the Grand Champion score to receive 2 credits. In Terminator 2, for example, that causes the knocker to go off twice - once per credit. In IMDN, the knocker still only goes off once, regardless. I'd like the knocker to match the number of credits earned, just like T2 does.

#499 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Yeah, that's more a straight up bug, not a wishlist item. Added.

I felt a little silly asking, but thanks to both of you for validating.

8 months later
#578 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Supposedly updated code coming in Dec/Jan, so lots of stuff on the bug list should be taken care of.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the "lock song between balls" option back... I hate the ability to change songs between balls.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 73.99
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 26.50
5,100 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
South Milford , IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Jordan, UT
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside