Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just use the screaming ghost from Ghostbusters for all knockers.

UGGGGHHH You are right about the knocker sound. Just complete weak sauce... I might buy a knocker kit for my game. Only about 50 dollars and should only take a few minutes to mount. The only thing is right now the knocker only activates when I match. But, I wonder if I can turn it on, and if it could knock when I reach the extra ball requirements. What i mean is when I score the replay reward. Which I have set to extra ball.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It'll knock when you hit replay. Doesn't care what you have the reward set to.

You might be right, and probably are. But, I don't think my machine makes that god awful fake knocker sound when I get the replay. Which is alright by me, as that sound is annoying and sounds like garbage.

1 month later
#332 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was very common on early builds. I haven't seen it in a while.

This happens quite frequently to me... And I had a very early build as I was one of the first in the chicagoland area to get a prem... Anything that I can do... The switch seems to be registering when the ball plunges out.

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Yes! Stern definitely should follow JJPs footsteps in regards to the ability to upload a JPEG. It definitely a wow factor when people see the locations logo on the LCD, or as you've suggested a special perk. Please Stern!

Ohhhh that be cool... Could be a Dio's Arcade Banner picture up for my game... I think Maiden wouldn't mind.

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On a premium it's probably not the lane switch, but the newton ball. Have you upgraded yours so they don't misfire with vibration?

HEHEHEHEHEH... I like it when they misfire from the vibration... The bottom one does misfire from time to time. But, is actually pretty accurate with the hits... So I think I'd like to leave that well enough alone...
The top one in the sarcophagus lock probably needs to be tweaked... As most direct blows don't register.

And what goes into upgrading them?????

3 weeks later
#380 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

new code
V1.05.0 - September 7, 2018
===========================
- Pharaoh Award - increased scoring for each ring of the bullseye target from 150K, 300K, 450K to 500K, 1M, 2M
- Aces High - fixed an issue where draining out of the mode during the bomber phase would result in the bullseye flashing non stop until the next Aces High start.
- Instant Info - instant info was incorrectly reporting the 'Can I Play with Madness' mode as the Tomb Award if you had the MADNESS MODE ENABLED turned off.
- Speech - added a few more callouts
- Custom Message - show every time through the attract loop instead of every 10th time through, increase duration from 2 to 3 seconds
- System - Updated to V2.10
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

The Pharaoh award is a nice change... Always good when the score gets increased...
Would still like aces high to be increased as that is a mode I get 3-21 million. Rhyme I actually like as you can set the jackpot value, and so its possible to blow that mode up... Just a lot of work to blow up aces... And you really got to earn it... Its a fun mode to play. Just the points suck, and while on the surface it doesn't appear dangerous as its a multiball. But, the amount of double and triple drains I get can be frustrating. I guess I just need to dial it back and play it a bit more conservative, but that takes away the fun.

Also, the new call outs will be really cool...
But, I do hope for more...

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Just got mine, came loaded with 1.00 code. Ugh, what a dud..... thank God when I loaded 1.05 the machine came alive!!! Machine is great fun with a ton of shots.
My big complaint is where are all the great animation clips? Seems to be alot of static clips. Why isnt the trooper moving during trooper multiball? Seems with the subject matter there should be alot of cool animations to go with it instead of static pictures. Hopefully code will bring this in the future.

Sadly... I think all the animations that will be there will be there. And for me the animations really are hit and miss.
Some look great, some look okay, and some are just bad... I like cyborg multiball start, I like Rhyme, and the aces high stuff. Hallowed is a bit in the middle for me.
But, anyway... I was thinking about animations in modern pinball, and I think I prefer the old dmd type animations to this current state.
I think keeping it short and repetitive works better. I don't mind a longer animation for when I complete something or a lock. But, I really think modern lcd displays lack the energy of the old dmd games. And I would love to see someone make the animations for an lcd game as if they were still making them for a dmd. Still make them detailed and color. But, just the kind of stuff that constantly flashes. It just seems games are more devoid of animations now. Just my opinion.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Even more importantly, why is the battlefield animations and setting for trooper multiball not The charge of the light brigade? :O it has nothing to do with the civil war.

Well... I kind of like the ball locked and the firing of the canon... But, the actual trooper artwork leaves a lot to be desired.

Honestly if it were me. I'd take the Original Trooper artwork. Import that into photoshop. Remove all the layers from it. Import it into an animation program. And bone it and just use that to give it a little movement... Maybe even use some morphing technology on top of it. Like they do for motion comics...
Maybe you'd have to pay derek riggs... So maybe they wouldn't like that.

But, they hired Zombie Yeti... So get him to do a few and give it the type of treatment I said... I understand not fully animating, but they could have cheated and done what I said, and sometimes that effect would have been better.
Again, I do like some of the animations. And I think some work just fine. But, some do suck... All in all still a great game.
And lets be honest. Pinball always have had great and crap animations in the games. Its part of the charm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider diospinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features?tu=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.