Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 5 years ago

Suggestion/wishlist item:

Make the sacophagus lock flasher (under the PF facing up through the mech) pulsate when a ball is being loaded into it. Basically start pulsating when a ball is detected at the "gate" until it's been loaded and the mech has returned to level. Let's throw some attention/light onto the cool stuff!

Long-shot Wishlist item:

Add 6 more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc. this should be easy.

1 week later
#72 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern seems to think this is some sort of software programming issue.
Hit Mummy captive ball twice to open Sarcophagus lock.
Shoot ball behind the tomb wall and into the lock.
Now Mummy Captive ball is flashing red and letter M is flashing with the ball resting against the captive ball.
Hits to the captive ball won't register now until it gets triggered later somehow after a mode or Trooper MB. Seems random.
Taking a video and sending to Stern, will update.

Sounds like your Captive Ball Hit switch at the back of the sarcophagus trough isn't registering. Several/many folks had the same issue. I think Stern is using the wrong switch on these, the ones they put in are way too difficult to close.

See https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-issues/page/5#post-4432426.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s frustrating is when I go pull the mech, which is a PITA and adjust those switches it’s not like you can go right back in if you don’t get it right
In switch test mode I rolled a ball into lock and both registered BUT it has to be what you said. No other explanation imo
And I’m not sure how it starts working unless maybe a hit rolls the ball far enough back to depress
Aha, I’ll take glass off and depress the back switch after lock and see if that is the issue!

I hear you, it's a major PIA to try to adjust and test. Worth trying to recreate the problem with the glass off as you suggest.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

We shouldn't have to do this--Stern should be sending us all new switches unless they come up with a better solution.

I would contact Stern support or your distributor. I kind of have a feeling that the initial run at least used the wrong spec switch on that mech that require too much compression force to activate. They are probably aware of this by now.

I suspect they'd just send you out a new mech to install and send the old one back, but don't know for certain obviously.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Don’t think they posted yet, but Stern just dropped new Iron Maiden code 1.01. Looks like big fixes. Enjoy

Release Notes:

V1.01.0 - June 20, 2018
=======================
- Playfield Validation - motor switches are no longer causing playfield to be validated early (causing early autolaunch / ball search)
- Playfield Validation - clairvoyant ball changed from setting valid playfield to add valid playfield switch
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where draining while loop jackpots hasn't timed down yet causes no big loops to be registered for the rest of the game for all players
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where when loop jackpots are lit and ball jumps the right up post you are no longer awarded 2 loop jackpots
- Mystery Award - 3M points award changed to 5M
- Mystery Award - 5M points award changed to 10M
- Mystery Award - 250K power jackpot boost changed to 1M
- Mystery Award - 1M power jackpot boost changed to 3M
- Mystery Award - 5M power jackpot boost changed to 6M
- Mystery Award - Level 3 award added 'Spot Soul Shard' which can be awarded once after completing 2 mins to midnight
- Tomb Award - collecting the award now awards a left ramp shot as well
- Tomb Award - add number of possible tomb awards to the tomb award title (Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure #n / 10)
- Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots
- All Mode Grace Periods - grace period shots are now still available if you do not qualify for soul shard
- Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the wrong icons on the LCD changing to solid when those shot types were hit on the playfield
- Cyborg Multiball - icon layout on the LCD now matches the playfield inserts
- Number of the Beast - add sound effect on total screen for total reveal
- Sound / Speaker Test - added all music and speech to test
- Enter Initials - can now skip display of all high score awards by pressing both flipper buttons
- High Score Tables - change 'Supersling Champion' from hit based to score based numbers
- High Score Tables - change '? Master' to say 'Hits' instead of 'Combos'
- High Score Tables - screen optimized to fit better into memory
- Topper - added topper light shows
- Competition Mode does not alter TILT DEBOUNCE time from default 1000ms
- Improved font drawing performance

- System - Updated to V2.04
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL.
Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has
been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle for at least 15
minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be
postponed by pressing both flipper buttons, inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated 'TILT DEBOUNCE' minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'TOP EJECT KICK CLEAR FREQUENCY' - defaults to 4 repeated kicks without clearing the scoop results in a 5 kick clear from the scoop, setting to OFF reverts to old behavior
- changed 'SUPERSLING CHAMPION' - to reflect scores instead of sling hits
- removed 'SONG SELECT TIMEOUT'
- removed 'SONG SELECT EVERY BALL'

Code: http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-iron-maiden-le

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

As a guy that does audio for a living, the thing that bothers me greatly is the lack of adjustments that can be made to the audio. You can't turn up the music for fuck sake..... you can slightly turn it up with the
-attenuation, but no where near enough. Attenuation is not volume! Totally different..... Google it. If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, next ball starts with the song at a lower volume.... that is a bug. The attenuation sounds like they are using compression to attenuate and it blows. The whole audio menu is a bug. Everything is being attenuated behind the sound effects.....Ideally, VOLUME control for all three settings.... voice, sfx, and music. I want to be able to turn the music up on my music pins. I had more control of music volume on .97 Rant over

My brief test last night with 1.0.1 code seemed to show this music attenuation bug has been fixed!

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I updated to 1.0.1 and now I can't find the menu option to keep the same song all game... Did they really remove it? Or was I looking in the wrong place?

They removed it.

And I the music attenuation bug is still there in v1.0.1 as well. I must have been wishfully hallucinating when I initially thought it was fixed.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't understand what the problem is. If you want to do the super skill shot and hit the button, then change your mind and release, simply re-select the song before launching the ball. All the tools to play the game you want are already there. However, wishlist being a wishlist, I'll add your request to put back the system option they took out.

If you reselect the same song it starts it from the beginning again. Iron Maiden songs are 12 minutes long. I want to hear the whole song not just the beginning over and over.

Basically, it comes down to this. If you are going to make a "music pin", then do it well and support the kinds of features a fan of the band would appreciate.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

whatever you do please dont change the font, we need a clear font for streaming!

They should have a settings option where it solely uses the egyptian font like in the high score table.

1 week later
#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

What's everyone's Sound setting at? Backbox? Cabinet? It sounds great with my new flipper fidelity speakers but trying to dial them in. I did try to do from 8ohms to 4ohms as some suggested but that just makes it sound low and muffled.

What ohms are the FF speakers rated for? Set it to that.

On my LE it’s all 4ohm and my settings are:

Backbox speakers:
Treble: 77
Bass: 60

Cabinet speaker:
Treble: 20
Bass: 125

Typical volume: 40 to 45 with Music Attenuation at -20.

I also have a Polk 10” powered sub on the game to help with the low-end grunt.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

As a guy that does audio for a living, the thing that bothers me greatly is the lack of adjustments that can be made to the audio. You can't turn up the music for fuck sake..... you can slightly turn it up with the
-attenuation, but no where near enough. Attenuation is not volume! Totally different..... Google it. If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, next ball starts with the song at a lower volume.... that is a bug. The attenuation sounds like they are using compression to attenuate and it blows. The whole audio menu is a bug. Everything is being attenuated behind the sound effects.....Ideally, VOLUME control for all three settings.... voice, sfx, and music. I want to be able to turn the music up on my music pins. I had more control of music volume on .97 Rant over

The music attenuation bug is still there in 1.0.2. It is really starting to bother me.

The stock sound mix is backwards from what a music pin should have. If I crank the volume it sounds like some *sshole is turning the music down everytime a sound effect is being played, and then back up. Super annoying. It should sound like a loud bar where Maiden is cranking at a nice steady level and you can hear the SF and speech “behind” the music, not in front of it.

Setting music attenuation to -25 is a nice setting for me but the lowering volume every ball is killing me. I have an LE in a home environment, details matter.

I feel like I could fix this bug in 15 mins. If I could access the code...

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Added that as an issue to be addressed, but I'm not holding my breath. The whole attenuation scheme needs to be trashed, but not sure if that's happening.

Agree on the whole redesign probably not being on the table, but I hope they fix the simple bug that causes it to not reset to the original attenuation between balls if you keep the same song playing.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern's joke of a fake replay knocker has sucked donkey balls from the day ol' cheap-ass thought it was a great idea to implement in order to save a wooden nickel. It cuts out half the time on every stern that has it. I just save up a loud fart for when I score a replay.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ok, maybe I’m an idiot. But the way it bounces off seems like a bug to me. Thanks.

Lol. That's "kinetic ball action" in motion.

I have to admit I was a little surprised the first time the ball dropped off the top of the sarcophagus lock like that too.

It's a feature, not a bug!

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Has anyone had the ball fly off the right rail? Sometimes I’ll hit it perfectly up the rail and it is flying up that right ramp it’ll then make it to the rail and fly off the rail mostly going directly to the drain in the air. Just curious if anyone else has run into this. Thanks!

Yeah once in awhile. Usually lands in the shooter lane so no biggie.

1 month later
#268 5 years ago

I just noticed this post by Mr. Elwin himself on the www.tiltforums.com site where he list differences in the IMDN sw between 1.02 and the build at pinburgh. Should provide a nice preview of the fixes we can expect in the next public release:

-----------------------------------
FYI Iron maiden code that will be running at Pinburgh will have the following changes from the current 1.02.

Aces High - fixed an issue where destroying the 2nd bomber during the grace period will start a roving shot in the mode that never ends for all players
Aces High - initial jackpot scores are boosted by 500K
Aces High - fixed a display issue where the playfield multiplier was being applied to the base value instead of the total (no effect on final scoring)
Aces High - fixed a display issue where jackpot scoring equation would not be correct after first Super Jackpot (no effect on final scoring)
Soul Shard - fixed an issue where the Tomb Award would not light after spotting a random Soul Shard through Mystery Orb Level 3 (after 2 Minutes to Midnight)
Trooper Multiball - added missing Beast 1x Jackpot callouts
Trooper Multiball - boosted volumes of selected trooper speech
Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the ‘Showtime’ speech was getting called when you drain into lighting Cyborg Multiball
2 Minutes to Midnight - changed background font color to red for more contrast
Mode Totals - fixed an issue where mode totals were excluding the values of shots made in the grace period
Eddie Cards - Trooper Level 2 card is easier, can now be collected by making any 5x Jackpot shot OR lighting all shots for 3x Jackpot
Revive - when balls are being launched into play and Revive triggers, no revive will be taken and ball saver will be extended 4 seconds with no grace period
Score Frame - fixed a rare issue when adding a player during Bonus countup results in temporarily displaying 0000 scores for all players and overlapping text
Music - fixed an issue with the attenuation getting set back to ‘0’ between balls, now it resets it to whatever the adjustment says
-------------------

The most awesome of these is the "Music - fixed an issue with the attenuation getting set back to ‘0’ between balls, now it resets it to whatever the adjustment says" which has been my nemesis since I got my LE!

So happy!

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Awesome !
Thanks Team IMDN

V1.03.0 - August 9, 2018
=======================
- Playfield Validation - "LOAD RAMP" switch will now set valid playfield
- Attract Mode - added tutorial videos that explain how to start Battle Mode, Mummy Multiball, and Trooper Mulitball
- Mainplay - added additional text that tells players to shoot for white arrrows when EDDIE is not spelled yet
- Combos / Deathblows - base score changed from 250K to 500K
- Combos / Deathblows - active combos are indicated by a pulsing right side flasher (faster pulses for higher combo active)
- Combos - making a 6-way combo can now light the Tomb Award once per game
- Deathblows - added flasher light effect when you collect a deathblow
- Aces High - fixed an issue where destroying the 2nd bomber during the grace period will start a roving shot in the mode that never ends for all players
- Aces High - initial jackpot scores are boosted by 500K
- Aces High - fixed a display issue where the playfield multiplier was being applied to the base value instead of the total (no effect on final scoring)
- Aces High - fixed a display issue where jackpot scoring equation would not be correct after first Super Jackpot (no effect on final scoring)
- Fear of the Dark - fixed an issue where the Spinner Bank display effect would sometimes show up when the mode is not running
- Soul Shard - fixed an issue where the Tomb Award would not light after spotting a random Soul Shard through Mystery Orb Level 3 (after 2 Minutes to Midnight)
- Mummy Multiball - fixed an issue when the mode ends with a ball in the sarcophagus, it will no longer trigger M-U-M-M-Y letters or Cyborg Multiball if it is lit when unloading
- Trooper Multiball - added missing Beast 1x Jackpot callouts
- Trooper Multiball - boosted volumes of selected trooper speech
- Trooper Multiball - added flasher light show when Super Jackpot is hit
- Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the 'Showtime' speech was getting called when you drain into lighting Cyborg Multiball
- Cyborg Multiball - added flasher light show when Cyborg Jackpot is hit
- 2 Minutes to Midnight - changed background font color to red for more contrast
- 2 Minutes to Midnight - instructions text for Super Jackpot is now broken into two lines to make it larger on-screen, text color changed to yellow for contrast
- 2 Minutes to Midnight - added flasher light show when Super Jackpot is hit
- Number of the Beast - instructions text now added to explain rules during intro and during the mode
- Number of the Beast - score for defeating the Beast changed from 50M to 100M
- Mode Totals - fixed an issue where mode totals were excluding the values of shots made in the grace period
- Eddie Cards - Trooper Level 2 card is easier, can now be collected by making any 5x Jackpot shot OR lighting all shots for 3x Jackpot
- Revive - when balls are being launched into play and Revive triggers, no revive will be taken and ball saver will be extended 4 seconds with no grace period
- Score Frame - fixed a rare issue when adding a player during Bonus countup results in temporarily displaying 0000 scores for all players and overlapping text
- Sound - added playfield multiplier activate sound
- Sound - added 2 Minutes to Midnight clock sounds for adding time
- Sound - added custom tilt sound
- Sound - increased tilt warning sound volume
- Sound - changed X targets complete sound
- Sound - added X targets add time sound when multiplier is active
- Music - fixed an issue with the attenuation getting set back to '0' between balls, now it resets it to whatever the adjustment says
- System - Updated to V2.07
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.23.0
- Enhanced center channel clarity.
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range is 64 to 255.
- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS' - defaults to YES, turn to NO to remove the tutorial videos from the attract mode

Simply incredible! Sincere thanks to Stern and everyone involved on continuing to refine this masterpiece.

1 week later
#359 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is it possible to get great sound out of the LE's stock JBL speakers with equalizer adjustments? Currently running 1.04 on factory settings and the sound is not great.

I don't know. I guess "great sound" is always going to be subjective but I'm pretty happy with my LE at the moment.

My Settings (under Utilities->Volume):

4 ohm for both speakers (LE)
Backbox Bass Gain: -5dB
Backbox Treble Gain: Default/Factory
Backbox Treble Frequency: 8 khz
Cabinet Bass Gain: +9dB
Cabinet Treble Frequency: Disabled
Cabinet Treble Gain: Factory/Default

For what's it's worth I'm using a 10" Polk external powered sub under the game as well. I have it adjusted to filter freq. 1/4 and volume 1/2 ish.

Game volume is set to 40, and I much prefer a more present music track so I also use the Sound Attenuation = -20 dB.

Feels and sounds great imho.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Your sub is covering up the cab speaker sound. Without the added sub, it sounds like Garbage Pail Kid farts. The only tweaking that will make it sound decent is to turn bass and treble down to zero. You won't hear much, but at least it won't be distorted at high volumes. I've heard blown speakers that sound better. It's seriously that bad.

Well not sure what's going on for you then. The cabinet woofer certainly sounds poor if you pump treble freq. through it, which is why I detune it in my settings. Do you have the speaker ohms set correctly? What kind of game volume are you using? At 40-50 I don't hear any obvious clipping or distortion.

EDIT>>
"It's by far the best sounding pinball machine I've ever owned." Scratch that. Forgot about TNA!

4 months later
#475 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Yeah, all they do is activate one of the most important features of the game, "activate X"
….and there is a callout for that

Yeah but I am surprised by how often I notice no sound when the ball goes over the inline switches. Makes me sad inside.

They could add a little something to fill the void...

For example STTNG with the shuttle-craft swooshing sound the inlanes make. It's like total muscle memory now ball comes down inlane = cool swooshing sound. It needs something.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't want all scores called out, but power jackpot is relatively important and sometimes I accidentally collect it, but can't look up to see what it was. Having it called out would be helpful. Or maybe only call it out if it's over 10 million. That would reduce the frequency, and I'd be fine with that.

Yeah I agree it would be nice if it would change it up a bit when you collect a really large power jackpot. Also we really can only have one callout for collecting an extra ball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fytr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features?tu=Fytr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.