Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What is current status of 1.03 and 1.04 in regards to DBV? I was gone on vacation and want to update our route game today but same a post on a FB group that both 1.03 and 1.04 cause issues with DBV working correctly?
Any idea/ experience with this?
Should I update code or wait till 1.05?

bueller?

#352 5 years ago

Not bad? The jbl speakers were a feature that some people purchased an le to get. I would hope they sound great with some adjustments

Quoted from pkrobin:

No, but if you add an external subwoofer its not bad.

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is it possible to get great sound out of the LE's stock JBL speakers with equalizer adjustments? Currently running 1.04 on factory settings and the sound is not great.

From what I’ve heard, the amp is cheap Chinese garbage. Until it is replaced, it will sound like garbage. Can’t polish a Ster... I mean turd.

#354 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is it possible to get great sound out of the LE's stock JBL speakers with equalizer adjustments? Currently running 1.04 on factory settings and the sound is not great.

If you put a small external amp in the head and use the line out you can get more control over the sound and more power for the speakers.

#355 5 years ago

Have no idea what those issues might be. We've had a Mars DBV installed since it launched and it works fine.

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you put a small external amp in the head and use the line out you can get more control over the sound and more power for the speakers.

That sounds do-able. Can you or anybody recommend an amp? I haven't seen one of these before.

#357 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

That sounds do-able. Can you or anybody recommend an amp? I haven't seen one of these before.

There's a whole thread with instructions about using the line out with a cheap external amp (that's better than what's on board in Spike 2:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#358 5 years ago

I'd like to see some Easter Eggs. Serious there has got to be some. I've been plunking in High Score codes for awhile now with no dice.

#Stern Bring back the easter egg features.

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

I don't know. I guess "great sound" is always going to be subjective but I'm pretty happy with my LE at the moment.

My Settings (under Utilities->Volume):

4 ohm for both speakers (LE)
Backbox Bass Gain: -5dB
Backbox Treble Gain: Default/Factory
Backbox Treble Frequency: 8 khz
Cabinet Bass Gain: +9dB
Cabinet Treble Frequency: Disabled
Cabinet Treble Gain: Factory/Default

For what's it's worth I'm using a 10" Polk external powered sub under the game as well. I have it adjusted to filter freq. 1/4 and volume 1/2 ish.

Game volume is set to 40, and I much prefer a more present music track so I also use the Sound Attenuation = -20 dB.

Feels and sounds great imho.

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I don't know. I guess "great sound" is always going to be subjective but I'm pretty happy with my LE at the moment.
My Settings (under Utilities->Volume):
4 ohm for both speakers (LE)
Backbox Bass Gain: -5dB
Backbox Treble Gain: Default/Factory
Backbox Treble Frequency: 8 khz
Cabinet Bass Gain: +9dB
Cabinet Treble Frequency: Disabled
Cabinet Treble Gain: Factory/Default
For what's it's worth I'm using a 10" Polk external powered sub under the game as well. I have it adjusted to filter freq. 1/4 and volume 1/2 ish.
Game volume is set to 40, and I much prefer a more present music track so I also use the Sound Attenuation = -20 dB.
Feels and sounds great imho.

Your sub is covering up the cab speaker sound. Without the added sub, it sounds like Garbage Pail Kid farts. The only tweaking that will make it sound decent is to turn bass and treble down to zero. You won't hear much, but at least it won't be distorted at high volumes. I've heard blown speakers that sound better. It's seriously that bad.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Waste of time. External sub is still going to blow it away I bet. Or do both i guess.

#362 5 years ago

1.04 reallly added alot of new lighting and my sound is way way better now.

#363 5 years ago

hello
i have 1.04 on my LE
have you also noticed that the call out of the skillshot is bad, sometimes he says "bulleyes"?

regards

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
i have 1.04 on my LE
have you also noticed that the call out of the skillshot is bad, sometimes he says "bulleyes"?
regards

Which skillshot? The standard or any of the secret skillshots?

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which skillshot? The standard or any of the secret skillshots?

hello , the standard skillshot .

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello , the standard skillshot .

So are you saying that it saying "bullseyes" (plural) is wrong, or that you're not expecting "bullseye" (singular) as a callout when you hit the standard skillshot?

#367 5 years ago

hello

i maked a little video . i hear bullseye

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

hello
i maked a little video . i hear bullseye

I've heard this from time to time, but it's really not out of place as a response to making the skill shot. Bullseye is an acceptable comment on hitting the mark.

#369 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I've heard this from time to time, but it's really not out of place as a response to making the skill shot. Bullseye is an acceptable comment on hitting the mark.

but , i hit the little target " skillshot" ( standard) near the bumper . when the clairvoyante talk , she say " skillshot" . before ,with 1.02 , the devil say "skillshot " .

#370 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

ok , it's my fault , my english is poor ,it's a translation problem english / french. in France the term bulleye is not known.

in France we say "dans le mille" (in the thousand) , the center of target .

for me , the bulleye is only the big target behind the ramp.

I would sleep less stupid tonight

regards

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Your sub is covering up the cab speaker sound. Without the added sub, it sounds like Garbage Pail Kid farts. The only tweaking that will make it sound decent is to turn bass and treble down to zero. You won't hear much, but at least it won't be distorted at high volumes. I've heard blown speakers that sound better. It's seriously that bad.

Well not sure what's going on for you then. The cabinet woofer certainly sounds poor if you pump treble freq. through it, which is why I detune it in my settings. Do you have the speaker ohms set correctly? What kind of game volume are you using? At 40-50 I don't hear any obvious clipping or distortion.

EDIT>>
"It's by far the best sounding pinball machine I've ever owned." Scratch that. Forgot about TNA!

#372 5 years ago

With as jacked up as the plunger situation is would it be possible to get a test mode that feeds a ball but does not auto plunge like the trough coil does?

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

With as jacked up as the plunger situation is would it be possible to get a test mode that feeds a ball but does not auto plunge like the trough coil does?

I just turn the game off. If you are making adjustments the glass is off anyway and you can just grab the ball after you manually plunge.

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Well not sure what's going on for you then. The cabinet woofer certainly sounds poor if you pump treble freq. through it, which is why I detune it in my settings. Do you have the speaker ohms set correctly? What kind of game volume are you using? At 40-50 I don't hear any obvious clipping or distortion.
EDIT>>
"It's by far the best sounding pinball machine I've ever owned." Scratch that. Forgot about TNA!

Agree, my LE sounds great.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from Troutfarm:

I just turn the game off. If you are making adjustments the glass is off anyway and you can just grab the ball after you manually plunge.

But then I have to put some shit in front of the outsole and move the ball manually instead of just hitting start. And chances are I'm working on the auto plunger too because they both suck.

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

EDIT>>

I have it set to 4 ohms, but I've tried all various settings to get the cab to sound better. As far as I can tell, there is no crossover going to the speaker, so having a normal treble volume should not effect clarity. With stock settings at about 40, I hear megga distortion from the cab. I turned the backbox right down so that I could hear the cab speaker better. Turning down the treble just leaves distorted bass, and turning both down sounds much better. But if you can't have the cab speaker loud, it won't add anything. It's just a crap speaker connected to a crap amp. From Stern, this is no surprise, even with an LE.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have it set to 4 ohms, but I've tried all various settings to get the cab to sound better. As far as I can tell, there is no crossover going to the speaker, so having a normal treble volume should not effect clarity. With stock settings at about 40, I hear megga distortion from the cab. I turned the backbox right down so that I could hear the cab speaker better. Turning down the treble just leaves distorted bass, and turning both down sounds much better. But if you can't have the cab speaker loud, it won't add anything. It's just a crap speaker connected to a crap amp. From Stern, this is no surprise, even with an LE.

There's some kind of crossover on the system board. The newer ones have a separate line out for the sub if you're using an external, so some crossover action is happening. Maybe you just have a blown cab speaker it DOES happen.

2 weeks later
#378 5 years ago

new code

V1.05.0 - September 7, 2018
===========================
- Pharaoh Award - increased scoring for each ring of the bullseye target from 150K, 300K, 450K to 500K, 1M, 2M
- Aces High - fixed an issue where draining out of the mode during the bomber phase would result in the bullseye flashing non stop until the next Aces High start.
- Instant Info - instant info was incorrectly reporting the 'Can I Play with Madness' mode as the Tomb Award if you had the MADNESS MODE ENABLED turned off.
- Speech - added a few more callouts
- Custom Message - show every time through the attract loop instead of every 10th time through, increase duration from 2 to 3 seconds

- System - Updated to V2.10
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

#379 5 years ago

Looks like 1.05 is up...

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from metwurcht:

new code
V1.05.0 - September 7, 2018
===========================
- Pharaoh Award - increased scoring for each ring of the bullseye target from 150K, 300K, 450K to 500K, 1M, 2M
- Aces High - fixed an issue where draining out of the mode during the bomber phase would result in the bullseye flashing non stop until the next Aces High start.
- Instant Info - instant info was incorrectly reporting the 'Can I Play with Madness' mode as the Tomb Award if you had the MADNESS MODE ENABLED turned off.
- Speech - added a few more callouts
- Custom Message - show every time through the attract loop instead of every 10th time through, increase duration from 2 to 3 seconds
- System - Updated to V2.10
- Added USA_13 Coinage 1/$1.00, 7/$5.00
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.25.0

The Pharaoh award is a nice change... Always good when the score gets increased...
Would still like aces high to be increased as that is a mode I get 3-21 million. Rhyme I actually like as you can set the jackpot value, and so its possible to blow that mode up... Just a lot of work to blow up aces... And you really got to earn it... Its a fun mode to play. Just the points suck, and while on the surface it doesn't appear dangerous as its a multiball. But, the amount of double and triple drains I get can be frustrating. I guess I just need to dial it back and play it a bit more conservative, but that takes away the fun.

Also, the new call outs will be really cool...
But, I do hope for more...

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Looks like 1.05 is up...

Since they didn't call any of the bugs out on the list as fixed, I'll have to go through them to see if any are silent fixes. I DO hope they at least addressed SOME of them...

#382 5 years ago

A few minor things might be nice:

An option to turn off sarcophagus lock auto launch (premium/LE) so another skill shot can be performed. Same as Metallica Premium/LE after a casket lock. This is a great adjustment on Metallica!

Shaker effects synced to gunfire in Aces High and match sequence. Moderate effect for gunfire, bigger effect for explosion.

Option so Ancient Mariner can randomly start left or right, if the callouts and video would support that.

Option to randomize Hallowed Be Thy Name shots.

Option to also add time, 0-3 (?) seconds on successful mission shots, if time isn't added already? Maybe only during single ball play?

Rob

#383 5 years ago

Just got mine, came loaded with 1.00 code. Ugh, what a dud..... thank God when I loaded 1.05 the machine came alive!!! Machine is great fun with a ton of shots.
My big complaint is where are all the great animation clips? Seems to be alot of static clips. Why isnt the trooper moving during trooper multiball? Seems with the subject matter there should be alot of cool animations to go with it instead of static pictures. Hopefully code will bring this in the future.

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Just got mine, came loaded with 1.00 code. Ugh, what a dud..... thank God when I loaded 1.05 the machine came alive!!! Machine is great fun with a ton of shots.
My big complaint is where are all the great animation clips? Seems to be alot of static clips. Why isnt the trooper moving during trooper multiball? Seems with the subject matter there should be alot of cool animations to go with it instead of static pictures. Hopefully code will bring this in the future.

Sadly... I think all the animations that will be there will be there. And for me the animations really are hit and miss.
Some look great, some look okay, and some are just bad... I like cyborg multiball start, I like Rhyme, and the aces high stuff. Hallowed is a bit in the middle for me.
But, anyway... I was thinking about animations in modern pinball, and I think I prefer the old dmd type animations to this current state.
I think keeping it short and repetitive works better. I don't mind a longer animation for when I complete something or a lock. But, I really think modern lcd displays lack the energy of the old dmd games. And I would love to see someone make the animations for an lcd game as if they were still making them for a dmd. Still make them detailed and color. But, just the kind of stuff that constantly flashes. It just seems games are more devoid of animations now. Just my opinion.

#385 5 years ago

in V1.05 Audits 94-96, relating to RotAM all read zero.

#386 5 years ago

Also in V1.05

While looking at status info (with a ball trapped on flipper) Replay value actually shows current bonus value

#387 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Sadly... I think all the animations that will be there will be there. And for me the animations really are hit and miss.
Some look great, some look okay, and some are just bad... I like cyborg multiball start, I like Rhyme, and the aces high stuff. Hallowed is a bit in the middle for me.
But, anyway... I was thinking about animations in modern pinball, and I think I prefer the old dmd type animations to this current state.
I think keeping it short and repetitive works better. I don't mind a longer animation for when I complete something or a lock. But, I really think modern lcd displays lack the energy of the old dmd games. And I would love to see someone make the animations for an lcd game as if they were still making them for a dmd. Still make them detailed and color. But, just the kind of stuff that constantly flashes. It just seems games are more devoid of animations now. Just my opinion.

Even more importantly, why is the battlefield animations and setting for trooper multiball not The charge of the light brigade? :O it has nothing to do with the civil war.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Even more importantly, why is the battlefield animations and setting for trooper multiball not The charge of the light brigade? :O it has nothing to do with the civil war.

Well... I kind of like the ball locked and the firing of the canon... But, the actual trooper artwork leaves a lot to be desired.

Honestly if it were me. I'd take the Original Trooper artwork. Import that into photoshop. Remove all the layers from it. Import it into an animation program. And bone it and just use that to give it a little movement... Maybe even use some morphing technology on top of it. Like they do for motion comics...
Maybe you'd have to pay derek riggs... So maybe they wouldn't like that.

But, they hired Zombie Yeti... So get him to do a few and give it the type of treatment I said... I understand not fully animating, but they could have cheated and done what I said, and sometimes that effect would have been better.
Again, I do like some of the animations. And I think some work just fine. But, some do suck... All in all still a great game.
And lets be honest. Pinball always have had great and crap animations in the games. Its part of the charm.

#389 5 years ago

One more thing I wish could be tweaked: Change Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure blinking RGB insert to something other than red. This way it's not confused with Pharaoh's Sarcophagus lock on Premium/LE. At least I think both of these blink the insert the same red? I almost never know when the darn thing is lit if I missed the callout.

Oh, almost forgot, there's no combo chain insert lighting - wish there was. But maybe this was a design decision to avoid too much work cycling insert colors or it just didn't look right.

Rob

1 week later
#390 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

One more thing I wish could be tweaked: Change Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure blinking RGB insert to something other than red. This way it's not confused with Pharaoh's Sarcophagus lock on Premium/LE. At least I think both of these blink the insert the same red? I almost never know when the darn thing is lit if I missed the callout.

There's a yellow and red LED near the top of the ramp. I think red is for lock, yellow is for tomb treasure? I really love the ramp diverter and sarcophagus lock in the game!

I have noticed sometimes you think immediately something is a bug, but then if you test it more you realize there's been a lot of thought put into how parts of the game interact with each other. For example, you can get a sarcophagus lock and Tomb Treasure on 1 left ramp shot, but if a mission is running you won't get the Tomb Treasure. I originally thought this could be a bug, but then I realized the tomb treasures were most likely designed to not award during a mission (because of what some treasures are). After the mission is over, the Tomb Treasure is lit for collecting.

Rob

1 week later
#391 5 years ago

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there seems to be a bug with the "shoot again" lamp whereby on ball 2 and 3 it won't light until you hit a switch. I also may have noticed the drop targets not resetting at end/start of game... maybe...

#392 5 years ago
Quoted from nath2099:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but there seems to be a bug with the "shoot again" lamp whereby on ball 2 and 3 it won't light until you hit a switch.

I dn't think that's a bug, it's a feature -- if you plunge the ball and it drains without hitting anything, it doesn't count -- you get a do-over.

#393 5 years ago

More thoughts:

If you start a mode that matches the song you are currently playing, it doesn't start the song over, rather it continues on.

Rob

1 week later
#394 5 years ago

Not major bugs, but it goes back to the audits.
I got a Soul Shard from a mystery award.

Went into audits to see how many times that had happened, but it wasn't listed as an audit. I thought I'd check what the sum of the mystery awards listed (5mil, add a ball, more time, etc. etc. )was and work backwards to calculate it.

However the audits said I had collected 551 mystery awards, but the sum of the individual mystery awards was actually 670, with certain awards missing altogether! Just makes no sense at all

1 week later
#395 5 years ago

Rarely, the game code seems to get into a traffic jam in how it responds to what is going on. For example, you can get a mystery award and actual animation won't show for 10 seconds (or more?) after you make the shot. Other things start getting delayed too.

Rob

#396 5 years ago

Wish: It would be nice if the letter selection for high scores moved faster.

Rob

#397 5 years ago

I just downloaded and installed 1.05. Had the verification run, successful install.
Powered the game off, removed the USB, and it booted up, but-

Got a message indicating that node board 10 not found. Game comes all the way up after a few seconds.

Opened coin door, service menu, technician alerts (not there before update)-
one is 'Check Node Board 10 not initialized. all test ok except 10 which is not responding. just above it is WS2812 Lamps only
Run the test but it's not responding.
Looked at the online manual- where is node board 10?

Played a few games and ran lamp tests. Everything appears to be running fine.
Turned the game off, came back a bit later, turned it on and same message.

I am missing something here?

This is the Pro Version FWIW....

#398 5 years ago

Nevermind, figured it out- I've got the Premium code running in the Pro - and yes it can be done!

Time to fix that.....

#399 5 years ago

Wish: finish the textures on the animations. Eddie does not have a black and white face. I'm not expecting Stern to finish them though. We're lucky to have decent code from them, so maybe I shouldn't complain.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

Nevermind, figured it out- I've got the Premium code running in the Pro - and yes it can be done!
Time to fix that.....

I did that once! There's some other issues like the lights don't quite work right and some other stuff I don't recall.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.