Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.
#301 5 years ago

New (?) bug in 1.03/4. I did a five way combo with the tomb treasure lit and the tomb treasure shot was the last shot. When I made the 5th shot to the orbit, it took the red tomb treasure arrow away, didn't put up the post or the tomb treasure animation, only showing the 5-way combo animation. I lost the Tomb Treasure.

#302 5 years ago

New issue I am first seeing in 1.04 (skipped 1.03!) - sometimes after the song selection is done and I plunge the ball, the song changes on me suddenly. It definitely didn’t used to do this, and when it does the screen is just showing the Eddie letter completion state, so it definitely feels weird/like a bug.

#303 5 years ago

My premium w/ flipper fidelity speakers sounds amazing now on 1.04, btw!!! On the old software I needed to put the balance way towards the cabinet speaker to get any bass, and to tweak the bass/treble settings, but no longer! Sounds great on default settings with minimal tweaks needed and the bass is rockin’ clear now. Looking forward to getting the same updates to my Aerosmith as well. If only the headphone output was as good - it’s definitely not super great sounding.

#304 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

New issue I am first seeing in 1.04 (skipped 1.03!) - sometimes after the song selection is done and I plunge the ball, the song changes on me suddenly. It definitely didn’t used to do this, and when it does the screen is just showing the Eddie letter completion state, so it definitely feels weird/like a bug.

Pro or premium/LE? This sounds more like a switch issue. I've been playing 1.04 extensively on a Pro and haven't seen this at all.

Nevermind. Saw the answer in your next post. I'd put it in switch test mode with the glass off and check for switches closing from vibration by smacking your open palm on the playfield firmly in different areas, then check that the shooter lane switch isn't triggering another somehow.

Then again, Prem/LE is different code than Pro. Do report back. Anyone else seeing this in a Prem/LE 1.04?

#305 5 years ago

This ...... love the game, like the band but am really tired of the same few songs to choose from

Long-shot Wishlist item:

Add 6 more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc. this should be easy.

need to add at least 10 -12 more songs just for the gameplay selections

#306 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Nevermind. Saw the answer in your next post. I'd put it in switch test mode with the glass off and check for switches closing from vibration by smacking your open palm on the playfield firmly in different areas, then check that the shooter lane switch isn't triggering another somehow.

Will do. Seems really strange though, had no problems at all before the update, and after the plunge the song should be "locked in", so I'm not sure what switch would ever trigger the code to change songs... Anyway, I'll continue to investigate and report back.

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Will do. Seems really strange though, had no problems at all before the update, and after the plunge the song should be "locked in", so I'm not sure what switch would ever trigger the code to change songs... Anyway, I'll continue to investigate and report back.

If the shooter lane switch is not working right, you'd be able to change songs while the ball is in play with the flippers until the first thing is hit on the PF.

If your shooter lane switch is bad, check the diagnostics to see if it's listed as bad in tech alerts and if so, what number switch is it saying the shooter lane switch is?

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

I've also seen song selection change after the ball has been plunged once or twice in 50+ games. I'm on 1.03 still on my Premium. I'm not sure if it's a new bug or just rare.

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

I've also seen song selection change after the ball has been plunged once or twice in 50+ games. I'm on 1.03 still on my Premium. I'm not sure if it's a new bug or just rare.

Good to hear it's not just me.

Since the song selection screen is disappearing consistently after I plunge, I'm thinking it's not the shooter lane switch... I'll check it to be sure, though.

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from Maide:

It was very common on early builds. I haven't seen it in a while.

#311 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Good to hear it's not just me.
Since the song selection screen is disappearing consistently after I plunge, I'm thinking it's not the shooter lane switch... I'll check it to be sure, though.

You know how this problem could be easily fixed? If Stern removed the ability to change songs after the game starts like they used to!

#312 5 years ago

Pro v1.04

Stack Icarus and Mummy MB.....Add a ball is not awarded. Mummy MB alone awards add a ball after hitting both ramps

#313 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

? If Stern removed the ability to change songs after the game starts like they used to!

Actually they removed the ability TO remove the ability, to change the song, and factory setting has never been to not have it.
Personally, I could tire of a shorter song, if you are having a long game. They would just keep playing again and again.
I'm sure if it was just causing problems, and someone that has say in it really cares, it will be added back.
This reminds me of the AC/DC "why does the song always start over!!!" complaining.
In the end, it's gonna be whatever they want it to be, cause they made the game, lol

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

Add 6 more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc. this should be easy.

That would be an awesome move by Stern. I wonder how much or if Iron Maiden would charge Stern for that. Might be cost prohibitive, but my goodness that would kick butt.

#315 5 years ago

I've said it before, sorta, but I wish they would make it easy to put YOUR music on YOUR machine. Especially when the music has no effect on the gameplay. Could be like a MAME or VP front end, a folder for songs and a folder for wheel images. And while we're daydreaming, I'd like a 3rd folder for playlists. Would LOVE to pick and album instead of a song.

And there's already USB connection.

#316 5 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Pro v1.04
Stack Icarus and Mummy MB.....Add a ball is not awarded. Mummy MB alone awards add a ball after hitting both ramps

I do this all the time and it works to get the 3rd ball. However, I have had what you're describing happen once. Start Icarus, Stack Mummy, hit both ramps, no third ball. Is that what you're saying happened to you?

#317 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I do this all the time and it works to get the 3rd ball. However, I have had what you're describing happen once. Start Icarus, Stack Mummy, hit both ramps, no third ball. Is that what you're saying happened to you?

Yes that is what i am saying. So maybe an intermittent bug.

#318 5 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Yes that is what i am saying. So maybe an intermittent bug.

I'll put it back on the live bug list then.

#319 5 years ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I've said it before, sorta, but I wish they would make it easy to put YOUR music on YOUR machine. Especially when the music has no effect on the gameplay. Could be like a MAME or VP front end, a folder for songs and a folder for wheel images. And while we're daydreaming, I'd like a 3rd folder for playlists. Would LOVE to pick and album instead of a song.
And there's already USB connection.

Try this:

Put music attenuation at 60 and speech attenuation at -60. Then just crank up your stereo with whatever you like.

#320 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Actually they removed the ability TO remove the ability, to change the song

True - but I wish they hadn't taken away the option. I don't get it.

#321 5 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

Long-shot Wishlist item: Add 6 more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc. this should be easy. need to add at least 10 -12 more songs just for the gameplay selections

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That would be an awesome move by Stern. I wonder how much or if Iron Maiden would charge Stern for that. Might be cost prohibitive, but my goodness that would kick butt.

Would be amazed if Stern thought of this... and thus had the "background music" point to a different music file than the "Eddie Mode" music file. If so, then you could use Pinbrowser to change the "background" music however you'd like without affecting Eddie Modes.... Anyone know?

#322 5 years ago

Went from 1.0 to 1.4 this weekend and so far no issues.
Other posts have stated how much better the sound is but I wish I could agree.
While it has more bass, the rest isn't so great. Is there a adjustment feature I'm missing?

#323 5 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Would be amazed if Stern thought of this... and thus had the "background music" point to a different music file than the "Eddie Mode" music file. If so, then you could use Pinbrowser to change the "background" music however you'd like without affecting Eddie Modes.... Anyone know?

All the mode music is shared with the background music, except for Aces High.

#324 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Went from 1.0 to 1.4 this weekend and so far no issues.
Other posts have stated how much better the sound is but I wish I could agree.
While it has more bass, the rest isn't so great. Is there a adjustment feature I'm missing?

Pro or Prem/LE?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 5 years ago

What is current status of 1.03 and 1.04 in regards to DBV? I was gone on vacation and want to update our route game today but same a post on a FB group that both 1.03 and 1.04 cause issues with DBV working correctly?

Any idea/ experience with this?

Should I update code or wait till 1.05?

#327 5 years ago

Pro has dinky speakers compared to the LE. It's never going to sound better than okay/good. Change out the speakers and you'll hear an improvement.

#328 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro has dinky speakers compared to the LE. It's never going to sound better than okay/good. Change out the speakers and you'll hear an improvement.

Thanks for clarifying that.
On another note...really liking the visual instructions in the attract mode. Thinking they shouldn't break it up with the high scores. It'd be better to get a complete breakdown on the objectives.

#329 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

On another note...really liking the visual instructions in the attract mode. Thinking they shouldn't break it up with the high scores. It'd be better to get a complete breakdown on the objectives.

I wonder if there will be a way for locations to put advertising in the new LCD screen. Like advertising for a discounted food combo if the pin is at a restaurant, etc.

#330 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I have a tutorial on hooking an inexpensive external amp in the backbox of an Iron Maiden, and then hooking those to the larger speakers to give better sound, but I'm still waiting for some parts to finish the speaker install on a pro. The portion that shows how to make a connector to pull line-out audio off the CPU board to feed to the amp is up here already, though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacing-on-board-amp-with-external-amp-for-iron-maiden

#331 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I wonder if there will be a way for locations to put advertising in the new LCD screen. Like advertising for a discounted food combo if the pin is at a restaurant, etc.

Yes! Stern definitely should follow JJPs footsteps in regards to the ability to upload a JPEG. It definitely a wow factor when people see the locations logo on the LCD, or as you've suggested a special perk. Please Stern!

#332 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was very common on early builds. I haven't seen it in a while.

This happens quite frequently to me... And I had a very early build as I was one of the first in the chicagoland area to get a prem... Anything that I can do... The switch seems to be registering when the ball plunges out.

#333 5 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Yes! Stern definitely should follow JJPs footsteps in regards to the ability to upload a JPEG. It definitely a wow factor when people see the locations logo on the LCD, or as you've suggested a special perk. Please Stern!

Ohhhh that be cool... Could be a Dio's Arcade Banner picture up for my game... I think Maiden wouldn't mind.

#334 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

This happens quite frequently to me... And I had a very early build as I was one of the first in the chicagoland area to get a prem... Anything that I can do... The switch seems to be registering when the ball plunges out.

On a premium it's probably not the lane switch, but the newton ball. Have you upgraded yours so they don't misfire with vibration?

#335 5 years ago

I'd like to see profiles for settings.

Profile 1 - Tournament settings
Profile 2 - Free Play day, kids and rookies
Profile 3 - 2 for 1 day
Profile 4 - Other route location

3 button presses and done.
I do all of the above to several machines every week. Would save me some time for sure!

#336 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'd like to see profiles for settings.
Profile 1 - Tournament settings
Profile 2 - Free Play day, kids and rookies
Profile 3 - 2 for 1 day
Profile 4 - Other route location
3 button presses and done.
I do all of the above to several machines every week. Would save me some time for sure!

I'll put it on the wishlist, but it would require a fair amount of reprogramming of the shared system-level stuff.

#337 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'll put it on the wishlist, but it would require a fair amount of reprogramming of the shared system-level stuff.

For sure. It would be awesome though.

#338 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

For sure. It would be awesome though.

I've been asking for timed pricing for quite a while now, and that's a whole lot easier to implement. I think we'll both be waiting a while...

#339 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On a premium it's probably not the lane switch, but the newton ball. Have you upgraded yours so they don't misfire with vibration?

HEHEHEHEHEH... I like it when they misfire from the vibration... The bottom one does misfire from time to time. But, is actually pretty accurate with the hits... So I think I'd like to leave that well enough alone...
The top one in the sarcophagus lock probably needs to be tweaked... As most direct blows don't register.

And what goes into upgrading them?????

#340 5 years ago

Upgraded to 1.04 tonight, and now it's randomly/occasionally spitting two balls into the shooter lane.

#341 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

HEHEHEHEHEH... I like it when they misfire from the vibration... The bottom one does misfire from time to time. But, is actually pretty accurate with the hits... So I think I'd like to leave that well enough alone...
The top one in the sarcophagus lock probably needs to be tweaked... As most direct blows don't register.
And what goes into upgrading them?????

There's a whole section in the Iron Maiden issues thread about it. You need to get a part from Stern and replace it on the newton ball. And, while you're there, replace the top switch in the lock with a rollover wheel trough-style switch (also discussed there).

#342 5 years ago
Quoted from Talon2000:

Upgraded to 1.04 tonight, and now it's randomly/occasionally spitting two balls into the shooter lane.

Likely a shooter lane switch on the edge. Try turning down your Trough Eject power to around 200.

#343 5 years ago

After a few tweaks my Iron Maiden LE plays perfect and I am very happy with the code.
This game is based on the Maiden comics and the handy game. With the battle against the beast it has an great end fight. And with it's ruleset and the game code it has a good story that connects all the different modes together. The story and animations reminds me of old arcade games like the old Mortal Kombat games. But why is there no intro for this story in the attract mode? Something that puts you in the world. After a defeat the hero Eddie has to collect his soul shards to fight again the beast. He got help from the clairvoant. There should be a text that explains the story just like the intro of old arcade games. It could be a comercial for the comics or the handy game in the attract mode. I think that would be realy cool or they could use the trailer for the handy game:

Or they could ask if they could use the first seven pages of the comic book as an intro. All this could be a good way to promote the comic and the handy game. And there won't be anymore asking of new players what this chick (clairvoant) has to do with Iron Maiden. It's a franchise, why don't they use it more?

#344 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

After a few tweaks my Iron Maiden LE plays perfect and I am very happy with the code.
This game is based on the Maiden comics and the handy game. With the battle against the beast it has an great end fight. And with it's ruleset and the game code it has a good story that connects all the different modes together. The story and animations reminds me of old arcade games like the old Mortal Kombat games. But why is there no intro for this story in the attract mode? Something that puts you in the world. After a defeat the hero Eddie has to collect his soul shards to fight again the beast. He got help from the clairvoant. There should be a text that explains the story just like the intro of old arcade games. It could be a comercial for the comics or the handy game in the attract mode. I think that would be realy cool or they could use the trailer for the handy game:
Or they could ask if they could use the first seven pages of the comic book as an intro. All this could be a good way to promote the comic and the handy game. It's a franchise, why don't they use it more?

Added the suggestion to the wishlist!

#345 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Or they could ask if they could use the first seven pages of the comic book as an intro. All this could be a good way to promote the comic and the handy game. It's a franchise, why don't they use it more?

Agree..

#346 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Or they could ask if they could use the first seven pages of the comic book as an intro. All this could be a good way to promote the comic and the handy game. And there won't be anymore asking of new players what this chick (clairvoant) has to do with Iron Maiden. It's a franchise, why don't they use it more?

Now this is a really cool idea!

#347 5 years ago

This may be a dumb question but where are you finding bass and treble adjustments in 1.04?

#348 5 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

This may be a dumb question but where are you finding bass and treble adjustments in 1.04?

Go to “utilities”, then select the “volume” menu. There are separate controls for the head speakers and bass speaker in the lower cabinet.

#349 5 years ago

Is it possible to get great sound out of the LE's stock JBL speakers with equalizer adjustments? Currently running 1.04 on factory settings and the sound is not great.

#350 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Is it possible to get great sound out of the LE's stock JBL speakers with equalizer adjustments? Currently running 1.04 on factory settings and the sound is not great.

No, but if you add an external subwoofer its not bad.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/7?hl=vader77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.