Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

UGGGGHHH You are right about the knocker sound. Just complete weak sauce... I might buy a knocker kit for my game. Only about 50 dollars and should only take a few minutes to mount. The only thing is right now the knocker only activates when I match. But, I wonder if I can turn it on, and if it could knock when I reach the extra ball requirements. What i mean is when I score the replay reward. Which I have set to extra ball.

It'll knock when you hit replay. Doesn't care what you have the reward set to.

#202 5 years ago

I'll add a request. One of the criticisms that I have seen several times is that the light show is not dynamic enough compared to other newer pins. With a little more programming, it probably could pop a lot better. Might be worth a try at a little more coding on the lights, especially on the Premium and LE's. The beacon may have sounded like a big lighting bonus, but it really adds very little to the lighting effects. Now if it were to really project light around the play field, that would be very cool.

#203 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It'll knock when you hit replay. Doesn't care what you have the reward set to.

You might be right, and probably are. But, I don't think my machine makes that god awful fake knocker sound when I get the replay. Which is alright by me, as that sound is annoying and sounds like garbage.

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You might be right, and probably are. But, I don't think my machine makes that god awful fake knocker sound when I get the replay. Which is alright by me, as that sound is annoying and sounds like garbage.

Weird. So maybe if the replay award is not a game, it doesn't knock? Because it definitely knocks during the game if you get a score replay with a game as the award.

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

1979-81-ish Bally had the best knockers by far IMHO

My totan knocker is over-the-top, insane, hurt-your-ears-everytime loud. I love it. Every time it fires, I laugh maniacally and yell, HAHAHAHAHA! F@CK YOU GARY!!

#206 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

My totan knocker is over-the-top, insane, hurt-your-ears-everytime loud. I love it. Every time it fires, I laugh maniacally and yell, HAHAHAHAHA! F@CK YOU GARY!!

I feel this way about my taf. It’s so LOUD! And integrated in gameplay is also a big bonus I wish more games added the knocker into gameplay

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I feel this way about my taf. It’s so LOUD! And integrated in gameplay is also a big bonus I wish more games added the knocker into gameplay

1951 Chicago Coin's "thing" - first pin to use the knocker in gameplay.......
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2531

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird. So maybe if the replay award is not a game, it doesn't knock? Because it definitely knocks during the game if you get a score replay with a game as the award.

Mine doesn’t sound bad either, certainly not screechy. It sounds like an electronic version of the physical knock.

Is it possible you guys have damaged speakers? (I never turn my IMDN up very loud)

#209 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

1951 Chicago Coin's "thing" - first pin to use the knocker in gameplay.......
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2531

Didn’t know that, thanks for the info!

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Mine doesn’t sound bad either, certainly not screechy.

^ This. As bad as Stern's fake knocker has been in the past, the one on Iron Maiden is definitely the closest sounding to a real knocker. I turn it off by default because I play late at night and don't want to wake people, but I tested it a bunch of times in diag and it sounds good (for a fake knocker), to be honest. Much better than past efforts.

#211 5 years ago

Has anyone experienced any non-registering with the right outlane REVIVE after the 1.02 update? I had a few games where REVIVE was lit, and the ball drained right and the switch did not register. It did this multiple times over a few games. I took the glass off, went into switch test and ran balls down the lane...each one registered every time regardless of speed. So it can't be the switch, but nobody else is reporting it here. Just curious. There is a bug where double drains with REVIVE don't register and give you the balls back, but this is just a single drain to the right outlane.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Has anyone experienced any non-registering with the right outlane REVIVE after the 1.02 update? I had a few games where REVIVE was lit, and the ball drained right and the switch did not register. It did this multiple times over a few games. I took the glass off, went into switch test and ran balls down the lane...each one registered every time regardless of speed. So it can't be the switch, but nobody else is reporting it here. Just curious. There is a bug where double drains with REVIVE don't register and give you the balls back, but this is just a single drain to the right outlane.

If you're in a mode, single drains seem to have a bug with revive, too, but I haven't narrowed it down to add to the bug report. Pretty sure it's not the switch in your case.

#213 5 years ago

1.02 they re added the sound effect for the tomb open. I was missing that on the Pro. So flipping cool they realized that and re added it. Thank you! The maiden team is seriously kicking ass with all the attention to detail.

#214 5 years ago

Has anyone had the ball fly off the right rail? Sometimes I’ll hit it perfectly up the rail and it is flying up that right ramp it’ll then make it to the rail and fly off the rail mostly going directly to the drain in the air. Just curious if anyone else has run into this. Thanks!

#215 5 years ago

Coding is coming close to Twd's greatness

My wish is better lighting (light show)
I think it needs some TLC in that departement.

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Has anyone had the ball fly off the right rail? Sometimes I’ll hit it perfectly up the rail and it is flying up that right ramp it’ll then make it to the rail and fly off the rail mostly going directly to the drain in the air. Just curious if anyone else has run into this. Thanks!

Yeah once in awhile. Usually lands in the shooter lane so no biggie.

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Mine doesn’t sound bad either, certainly not screechy. It sounds like an electronic version of the physical knock.
Is it possible you guys have damaged speakers? (I never turn my IMDN up very loud)

It's not that crappy fake knock sounds bad on its own; it's that when crossed with other sounds in the game, it sometimes cuts out, either all the way or part way. This is where you'll get distorted sound via the downgraded knocker. All Sterns with this downgrade have this issue, including IMDN. In game test mode, it will work as it is supposed to.

#218 5 years ago

Having all kinds of issues unpacking the update SPK file.

I'm in a windows 7 home premium edition WINzip says its not a valid archive and 7zip also reports 1 error.

HELP!

How can i get this done?

*EDIT - it appears i dont need to unpack it for an update (according to README) ?

I just got a premium, maybe its a USB issue.*

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm in a windows 7 home premium edition WINzip says its not a valid archive and 7zip also reports 1 error.
HELP!
How can i get this done?

It doesn't need to be unpacked. Should be an .spk file, not a .zip or .7z.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

HELP!
How can i get this done?

You don‘t have to unpack anything. You only have to copy the file from Stern directly to an USB Stick and update the game.

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

disregard - I'm in a windows 7 home premium edition WINzip says its not a valid archive and 7zip also reports 1 error.
HELP!
How can i get this done?
*EDIT - it appears i dont need to unpack it for an update (according to README) ?
I just got a premium, maybe its a USB issue.*

Didnt work when my tech was here . He lead me to believe it needed to be unpacked . Got it working!

thanks for replies.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Didnt work when my tech was here . He lead me to believe it needed to be unpacked . Got it working!
thanks for replies.

Time for a new "tech".

1 week later
#223 5 years ago

Was playing a LE on location. Played like 3-4 games. Achieved a replay once. But then i noticed a bug at my very last game. The replay value was at 175M I ended the game wit 298M without getting one. So I guess replays aren't awarded correct sometimes.

#224 5 years ago

Would like to see better tilt warning displays and call outs. Seem kinda lame compared to everything else.

#225 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Achieved a replay once. But then i noticed a bug at my very last game. The replay value was at 175M I ended the game wit 298M without getting one. So I guess replays aren't awarded correct sometimes.

When you get the replay, is will be double the next game (350m)
Then triple the next (475m), then when replay is not achieved, it goes back to the original value, or raises slightly to adjust every so often .
So perhaps you didn't notice the bump, ended your 298m game, then looked up to see the 175m value again?
This is normal behavior, all Sterns do it, easy to look up and see a replay value lower than your score,but not have gotten one.

#226 5 years ago

Pro here. Upgraded from 1.00 to 1.02 last night, and the very first game I noticed that the pharaoh lights wouldn’t stop (blue/red) didn’t stop flashing for the remainder of the game, and it was telling me to shoot up the middle while entering my high score initials. Something is definitely wacky there

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

So perhaps you didn't notice the bump, ended your 298m game, then looked up to see the 175m value again?

I checked to be sure, it still said 175m on the screen, but I definitely haven't achieved it. I ended the game with 298m and 0 credits.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I checked to be sure, it still said 175m on the screen, but I definitely haven't achieved it. I ended the game with 298m and 0 credits.

Did you check during your game, or after completed?

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Did you check during your game, or after completed?

After.

#230 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Was playing a LE on location. Played like 3-4 games. Achieved a replay once. But then i noticed a bug at my very last game. The replay value was at 175M I ended the game wit 298M without getting one. So I guess replays aren't awarded correct sometimes.

It just dawned on me that you may have been at a location game that had the replay award set to points or an extra ball. It doesn't have to always give a credit but can give points or extra balls instead, and that can be set in the system menu on menu option 3 "Replay Award".

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It just dawned on me that you may have been at a location game that had the replay award set to points or an extra ball.

I know the operator, I take care of his games. I clean and fix them and do code updates. Everything is set to standard settings except for the coin/credit settings. It must definitely be some bug. I won replays earlier that day. But at my very last game I didn’t.

#232 5 years ago

Is there any opportunity to earn more than 1 extra ball since this last update? That's the only thing missing from the pin to me. Most pins if you have a good enough game, you can have at least a couple of chances to win an extra ball. Never seen a second opportunity from my premium, and that includes a game where I got 2 Min to Midnight

#233 5 years ago

I believe I encountered a bug this morning that's not been mentioned in this thread yet, on a pro.

Got loop jackpot going, and then hit the right orbit to lock ball three fr trooper multiball. It loaded two more balls for trooper multiball, and then sat there on the trooper status screen with the three balls trapped by the post until the ball search kicked in and dropped the post.

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I know the operator, I take care of his games. I clean and fix them and do code updates. Everything is set to standard settings except for the coin/credit settings. It must definitely be some bug. I won replays earlier that day. But at my very last game I didn’t.

It's on the bug list so hopefully they can reproduce it...

#235 5 years ago

Came to Can I Play With Madness yesterday. What a great video content to accompany that mode

#236 5 years ago

Updated yesterday to 1.02 and now i have no display anymore
Cant go back as i dont have other software

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is there any opportunity to earn more than 1 extra ball since this last update? That's the only thing missing from the pin to me. Most pins if you have a good enough game, you can have at least a couple of chances to win an extra ball. Never seen a second opportunity from my premium, and that includes a game where I got 2 Min to Midnight

There is at least one earned via tomb award.

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

What were you on before? I have all the revisions.

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What were you on before? I have all the revisions.

I believe 0.97

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

I believe 0.97

Here's the link to 0.97 for the Pro:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/iron_maiden_pro-update-0_97_0-05102018.spk.zip

Here's the link to 0.97 for the Prem/LE:
http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/iron_maiden_le-update-0_97_0-05102018.spk.zip

Be sure to unzip it (using 7zip NOT the built-in windows unzipper) - the early updates were zipped and you had to take the file out before putting it on your USB.

You'll have to go through the update process blind if you have no screen, though.

#241 5 years ago

Thank you,will try that and wait for another update

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

Thank you,will try that and wait for another update

Definitely report back if you get it back to 0.97 and your screen comes back.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

If it plays fine but blind then it isn't going to be software i don't think. Check connections.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Not a bug, as DNO said. Stern machines are set to do this by default. When you win a replay, the replay value will double. If you then don't win a replay on the next game, the replay value will go back down to the original value. This is exactly what happened in your game.

Game 1: Replay 175 million - You score 200 million and get the replay.
Game 2: Replay goes up to 350 million (175 million x 2) - You score 400 million and get the replay again.
Game 3: Replay goes up again to 525 million (175 million x 3) - You score 200 million and do NOT get the replay.

After the game ends, the replay value will go back down to 175 million because you did not get a replay on the last game. Your score will show as 200 million but the game will show the current replay value of 175 million, which will make it SEEM like you should've gotten the replay, but no - on that game the replay was 525 million so you did not earn it.

Kevin

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from pkrobin:

If it plays fine but blind then it isn't going to be software i don't think. Check connections.

I checked the connections,didnt work
It came with 0.97 and played fine,straight afer the update i lost my display so i think the update did go wrong although i says it was succesfull

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevkat:

Not a bug, as DNO said. Stern machines are set to do this by default...
Kevin

Does make sense. Well im not that familiar with Stern. As I mostly own WMS games and my only Stern is GB. I never noticed that on my GB... I thought Sterns replay system is exactly the same as WMS. WMS is using some sort of dynamic replay boost.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from Vreuls:

I checked the connections,didnt work
It came with 0.97 and played fine,straight afer the update i lost my display so i think the update did go wrong although i says it was succesfull

I’m pretty sure I remember this happening to someone else here on Pinside. Do a little searching and see if you can find it.

#248 5 years ago

I was in Fear of the Dark mode when the ball drained, and it was my last ball of the game. I'm not sure what conditions I hit, but after the drain, the screen went nuts (see video). It wouldn't stop until I pressed the start button, at which time everything was back to normal. Weird....

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I was in Fear of the Dark mode when the ball drained, and it was my last ball of the game. I'm not sure what conditions I hit, but after the drain, the screen went nuts (see video). It wouldn't stop until I pressed the start button, at which time everything was back to normal. Weird....

Wow. Awesome! Added to the bug list! That was a Pro running 1.02?

#250 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow. Awesome! Added to the bug list! That was a Pro running 1.02?

Yup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/5?hl=pkrobin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.