Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

On my premium:
Not sure if I'm running into a bug or a switch problem: If a game ends with a ball in the sarcophagus lock, it will dump the ball down into the underworld VUK and then not eject it. When I try to start a new game, this causes a ball search (which kicks the ball out of the VUK). The underworld scoop is working fine during gameplay, and I haven't had any issues with locks registering in the sarcophagus. Bug? Switch need adjusting?

I have a Premium and have never seen this, but I didn’t upgrade to 1.02 yet. I will upgrade and check today.

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I have a Premium and have never seen this, but I didn’t upgrade to 1.02 yet. I will upgrade and check today.

Not that Im aware of. Pretty sure it shoots the ball out of the vuk. Never noticed a ball search at the beginning of a game.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Bump for a great thread,
Thanks Vic for maintaining
So I guess this confirms no true Stereo 2.1 ?
I really would like to see the next Spike 3 ? with Stereo and Bluetooth
Would be nice to have the option pair headphones and other devices
and to complete the package WiFi. These features will bring Pinball to the current age
So surprised this has not happened sooner.

THIS PLEASE

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not that Im aware of. Pretty sure it shoots the ball out of the vuk. Never noticed a ball search at the beginning of a game.

I have noticed that at the end of a game it sometimes leaves a ball in the sarcophagus (probably due to the oft-mentioned microswitch issue) which can result in a ball search at the start of the next game. This will cause the sarcophagus to dump the ball successfully and shoot it back out of the ramp.

#155 5 years ago

Updated to 1.02 on my LE. The shaker now seemingly rumbles at maximal on about half of the switches that trigger it no matter what setting I put it on. So when I put it to minimal - half rumble minimal, half rumble maximal. It was working perfectly for me on moderate (all triggers) before this change. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#156 5 years ago

Thanks guys. I’ll do some tests with the VUK switch. Also possible the ball is getting caught on something in the subway.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

On my premium:
Not sure if I'm running into a bug or a switch problem: If a game ends with a ball in the sarcophagus lock, it will dump the ball down into the underworld VUK and then not eject it. When I try to start a new game, this causes a ball search (which kicks the ball out of the VUK). The underworld scoop is working fine during gameplay, and I haven't had any issues with locks registering in the sarcophagus. Bug? Switch need adjusting?

That’s strange. Haven’t seen that issue yet.

My mech won’t go quite all the way down to drop ball into underworld

Have to slide glass and give it a slight push down

#158 5 years ago

What's everyone's Sound setting at? Backbox? Cabinet? It sounds great with my new flipper fidelity speakers but trying to dial them in. I did try to do from 8ohms to 4ohms as some suggested but that just makes it sound low and muffled.

#159 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

What's everyone's Sound setting at? Backbox? Cabinet? It sounds great with my new flipper fidelity speakers but trying to dial them in. I did try to do from 8ohms to 4ohms as some suggested but that just makes it sound low and muffled.

What ohms are the FF speakers rated for? Set it to that.

On my LE it’s all 4ohm and my settings are:

Backbox speakers:
Treble: 77
Bass: 60

Cabinet speaker:
Treble: 20
Bass: 125

Typical volume: 40 to 45 with Music Attenuation at -20.

I also have a Polk 10” powered sub on the game to help with the low-end grunt.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Updated to 1.02 on my LE. The shaker now seemingly rumbles at maximal on about half of the switches that trigger it no matter what setting I put it on. So when I put it to minimal - half rumble minimal, half rumble maximal. It was working perfectly for me on moderate (all triggers) before this change. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I only played a couple games after 1.02, but it didn't seem to be overly active compared to 1.01. I'll pay more attention next time.

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

As a guy that does audio for a living, the thing that bothers me greatly is the lack of adjustments that can be made to the audio. You can't turn up the music for fuck sake..... you can slightly turn it up with the
-attenuation, but no where near enough. Attenuation is not volume! Totally different..... Google it. If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, next ball starts with the song at a lower volume.... that is a bug. The attenuation sounds like they are using compression to attenuate and it blows. The whole audio menu is a bug. Everything is being attenuated behind the sound effects.....Ideally, VOLUME control for all three settings.... voice, sfx, and music. I want to be able to turn the music up on my music pins. I had more control of music volume on .97 Rant over

The music attenuation bug is still there in 1.0.2. It is really starting to bother me.

The stock sound mix is backwards from what a music pin should have. If I crank the volume it sounds like some *sshole is turning the music down everytime a sound effect is being played, and then back up. Super annoying. It should sound like a loud bar where Maiden is cranking at a nice steady level and you can hear the SF and speech “behind” the music, not in front of it.

Setting music attenuation to -25 is a nice setting for me but the lowering volume every ball is killing me. I have an LE in a home environment, details matter.

I feel like I could fix this bug in 15 mins. If I could access the code...

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The music attenuation bug is still there in 1.0.2. It is really starting to bother me.
The stock sound mix is backwards from what a music pin should have. If I crank the volume it sounds like some *sshole is turning the music down everytime a sound effect is being played, and then back up. Super annoying. It should sound like a loud bar where Maiden is cranking at a nice steady level and you can hear the SF and speech “behind” the music, not in front of it.
Setting music attenuation to -25 is a nice setting for me but the lowering volume every ball is killing me. I have an LE in a home environment, details matter.
I feel like I could fix this bug in 15 mins. If I could access the code...

Added that as an issue to be addressed, but I'm not holding my breath. The whole attenuation scheme needs to be trashed, but not sure if that's happening.

#163 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Added that as an issue to be addressed, but I'm not holding my breath. The whole attenuation scheme needs to be trashed, but not sure if that's happening.

Agree on the whole redesign probably not being on the table, but I hope they fix the simple bug that causes it to not reset to the original attenuation between balls if you keep the same song playing.

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Agree on the whole redesign probably not being on the table, but I hope they fix the simple bug that causes it to not reset to the original attenuation between balls if you keep the same song playing.

Somehow I missed understanding that the attenuation was changing between balls. I'll move that one up to the bug list.

#165 5 years ago

Is it possible to add songs and have a setting on which songs can be chosen? The songs not picked would still be in memory if decided to change up the selection .

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Is it possible to add songs and have a setting on which songs can be chosen? The songs not picked would still be in memory if decided to change up the selection .

You mean add songs to the game that aren't in there now?

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean add songs to the game that aren't in there now?

Yes. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yes. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

You can replace existing songs by hacking the data, but you can't extend the roster of songs available AFAIK.

#169 5 years ago

Updated my LE yesterday the knock is totally faded. I hear a prrrt instead of a loud knock. All other sounds are fine. Bass is at 110 by the way.

#170 5 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

Updated my LE yesterday the knock is totally faded. I hear a prrrt instead of a loud knock. All other sounds are fine. Bass is at 110 by the way.

That's the new "polite knock" they've implemented for the Netherlands.

#171 5 years ago

I will play some more games tomorrow however this knock sucks. It is more like a muffled thumb. Very strange.

However nothing polite over here in the Netherlands. up the irons!

By the way went to see maiden two weeks ago bruce was better then ever before great vocals and what a show!! Fantastic.

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

Stern's joke of a fake replay knocker has sucked donkey balls from the day ol' cheap-ass thought it was a great idea to implement in order to save a wooden nickel. It cuts out half the time on every stern that has it. I just save up a loud fart for when I score a replay.

#173 5 years ago

In addition to which machine the bug was reported on, I also started reporting the software version the bug was reported on so there's a way of seeing when they started (and hopefully) when they were fixed.

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Stern's joke of a fake replay knocker has sucked donkey balls from the day ol' cheap-ass thought it was a great idea to implement in order to save a wooden nickel. It cuts out half the time on every stern that has it. I just save up a loud fart for when I score a replay.

#175 5 years ago

hello

at your house ? does the shaker work when bonuses count?

on my LE that does not shake

#176 5 years ago
Quoted from Dirk:

I solved that by doing this....

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5023

#177 5 years ago

Hmm, interesting! How hard is the install?

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Hmm, interesting! How hard is the install?

very easy.

screw the plate in and the knocker down with the provided template.

screw the add on board under the cabinet board.

run wires and plug it in

2 menu options in adjustments 1. turn off digital knocker 2. Use knocker accessory

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

very easy.
screw the plate in and the knocker down with the provided template.
screw the add on board under the cabinet board.
run wires and plug it in
2 menu options in adjustments 1. turn off digital knocker 2. Use knocker accessory

SOLD! Thanks, I'll be picking one of these up soon.

#180 5 years ago

It's ridiculous that this is another hidden cost Stern has squeezed out of their machines that you have to pony up for after the sale to make the machine complete.

#181 5 years ago

During multi player, if you take too long to plunge you will get abuse like " i am waiting" or " are you dead or something". You dont get this in single player mode. I dont mind a bit of abuse occasionally ... I have the pro.

#182 5 years ago

Bug on Prem/Le - Sometimes my mummy multi ball tries to load another ball after it’s already locked. The ball rolls off the top of the mech and often SDTM.

Seems like a bug for the left ramp to go litand drop the diverter when closed and locked?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's ridiculous that this is another hidden cost Stern has squeezed out of their machines that you have to pony up for after the sale to make the machine complete.

It's ridiculous that some people consider a machine incomplete if it notifies you of a replay by making sound X instead of sound Y.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

It's ridiculous that some people consider a machine incomplete if it notifies you of a replay by making sound X instead of sound Y.

The knock is iconic. The annoying screech is BS

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

It's actually a robot fart.

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Bug on Prem/Le - Sometimes my mummy multi ball tries to load another ball after it’s already locked. The ball rolls off the top of the mech and often SDTM.
Seems like a bug for the left ramp to go litand drop the diverter when closed and locked?

I got a Prem and there is a clear plastic diverter on top that directs those to the small flipper.

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

The screech is iconic by now, it's been around a decade or so.., But anything to complain about I guess.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

I got a Prem and there is a clear plastic diverter on top that directs those to the small flipper.

Ok, maybe I’m an idiot. But the way it bounces off seems like a bug to me. Thanks.

#189 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Ok, maybe I’m an idiot. But the way it bounces off seems like a bug to me. Thanks.

Lol. That's "kinetic ball action" in motion.

I have to admit I was a little surprised the first time the ball dropped off the top of the sarcophagus lock like that too.

It's a feature, not a bug!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

The screech is iconic by now, it's been around a decade or so.., But anything to complain about I guess.

Screech sucks balls

#191 5 years ago

quick question, is there enough new stuff from 1.01 to 1.02 to make it worth updating? I don't want to lose all the songs I changed in pinball browser unless its really worth it.

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

quick question, is there enough new stuff from 1.01 to 1.02 to make it worth updating? I don't want to lose all the songs I changed in pinball browser unless its really worth it.

Contemplating it myself....seems like a new update every other week. No complaints, just not sure if I should wait for the NEXT one or do it now...

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Resurrecting Multiball w add-a-Ball seems worth enough to me.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Screech sucks balls

Hell, I'll even give you a thumbs up on that.
Just not worth complaining about, it will not change.
Now if the sound isn't the "iconic" screech, that is a problem.
I prefer the screech over some knockers I've heard, or not heard cuz they are so weak. (Data East, a lot of other cabinet knockers)
Mousin' around always seemed to have particularly loud knocker, along with most of that era.
The "Golden Knocker Years""?

#195 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Hell, I'll even give you a thumbs up on that.
Just not worth complaining about, it will not change.
Now if the sound isn't the "iconic" screech, that is a problem.
I prefer the screech over some knockers I've heard, or not heard cuz they are so weak. (Data East, a lot of other cabinet knockers)
Mousin' around always seemed to have particularly loud knocker, along with most of that era.

when I had a BOP it sounded like a gun shot, it was awesome when people heard it for the first time and scared the crap outta them.

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

1979-81-ish Bally had the best knockers by far IMHO

#197 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Screech sucks balls

Don't know why they just didn't use a sound clip of a real knocker and decided that screech was better?

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Don't know why they just didn't use a sound clip of a real knocker and decided that screech was better?

Just use the screaming ghost from Ghostbusters for all knockers.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I would say yes. Some of the more annoying bugs are fixed and there are a number of general improvements. But they still have over 10 bugs to fix (including the lockup one they just kludged around in 1.01), so pretty sure 1.03 isn't far off.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just use the screaming ghost from Ghostbusters for all knockers.

UGGGGHHH You are right about the knocker sound. Just complete weak sauce... I might buy a knocker kit for my game. Only about 50 dollars and should only take a few minutes to mount. The only thing is right now the knocker only activates when I match. But, I wonder if I can turn it on, and if it could knock when I reach the extra ball requirements. What i mean is when I score the replay reward. Which I have set to extra ball.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanted
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/4?hl=metwurcht and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.