Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
#101 5 years ago

1.01 bug - PRO:
I believe we had this on the list already or I mentioned on tilt forums but...

If you crank up the volume with sterns spike 2 external volume controller during the trooper multiball animation, it will release the locked ball and not shoot the other balls into play and continue trooper as a 1 ball multiball.

#102 5 years ago

Premium with 1.0 code. All the rgb shot arrows went dark on ball three. It still counted shots towards eddie. There rest of the lights were fine. Just the major shot arrows stopped working. Drained, next game was fine. Didn’t even power cycle.

#103 5 years ago

I received and set up my LE yesterday.
It plays well with no apparent switch issues. The plunge is somewhat random at times though.
I updated the code to last night's drop. I have to say: The playfield lighting during modes and general play is exceptional. Amazing attention to detail. Kudos to Keith and everyone involved with this pin!

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Had a 4 ball Trooper multiball and both left and right revive lit. In one fell swoop, a ball went down the left outlane and a second ball went down the right! The revive lights both turned off but the balls never came back to the playfield.

Confirmed bug. Happened to me this week. Had Trooper going. Dual simultaneous drains with Revive on both. No balls saved.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

As a guy that does audio for a living, the thing that bothers me greatly is the lack of adjustments that can be made to the audio. You can't turn up the music for fuck sake..... you can slightly turn it up with the
-attenuation, but no where near enough. Attenuation is not volume! Totally different..... Google it. If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, next ball starts with the song at a lower volume.... that is a bug. The attenuation sounds like they are using compression to attenuate and it blows. The whole audio menu is a bug. Everything is being attenuated behind the sound effects.....Ideally, VOLUME control for all three settings.... voice, sfx, and music. I want to be able to turn the music up on my music pins. I had more control of music volume on .97 Rant over

My brief test last night with 1.0.1 code seemed to show this music attenuation bug has been fixed!

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's not a newspaper. A large amount of videogames use custom themed fonts, and have for decades. Pinball is moving that direction.
I get that you don't like it, but the wishlist section is just that, a wish. There are a few in there I'm not down with, but I'm not going to tell someone they can't wish for it, so I put them up.

I guess you misunderstood what I was saying: typography has a deep history and applies to all media in which text (font) is used. This is not something I'm making up. However, it is your thread, so feel free to leave it up. My point is that the request is like a pinsider asking for flying, pink pixies on the IMDN LCD, which would not be an idea worth promoting. If Stern is taking note, someone in their LCD department might have little experience with typography and might get the wild idea that they should head down to fontsfontsfonts.com and find some killer metal fonts. Just sayin'.

Now that I think of it, pixie dust sparkling down the LCD might work for Can I Play With Madness.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I guess you misunderstood what I was saying: typography has a deep history and applies to all media in which text (font) is used. This is not something I'm making up. However, it is your thread, so feel free to leave it up. My point is that the request is like a pinsider asking for flying, pink pixies on the IMDN LCD, which would not be an idea worth promoting. If Stern is taking note, someone in their LCD department might have little experience with typography and might get the wild idea that they should head down to fontsfontsfonts.com and find some killer metal fonts. Just sayin'.
Now that I think of it, pixie dust sparkling down the LCD might work for Can I Play With Madness.

I know about typography, and we've used custom fonts that weren't Helvetica or Times New Roman in probably half the almost 40 commercial games I've published. They can add to the mood of the game and don't have to be as extreme as the example, but don't have to be as boring and vanilla as the current implementation on Iron Maiden's screen, either.

I'm glad you finally realized your error. Pink pixies on Can I Play With Madness messing with the screen would indeed be awesome. Sometimes one has to just talk things out to get to the conclusion.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

"Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL.
Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".

Which setting is correct for the 10“ SPIKE FLIPPER FIDELITY Set?

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from switol:

Which setting is correct for the 10“ SPIKE FLIPPER FIDELITY Set?

Specs say they're 8 Ohm speakers wired in parallel to have a 4 Ohm load at the amp. So I'm *guessing* you want to set it to 4 Ohm because that's what the amp on the Spike board will see.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What’s frustrating is when I go pull the mech, which is a PITA and adjust those switches it’s not like you can go right back in if you don’t get it right
In switch test mode I rolled a ball into lock and both registered BUT it has to be what you said. No other explanation imo
And I’m not sure how it starts working unless maybe a hit rolls the ball far enough back to depress
Aha, I’ll take glass off and depress the back switch after lock and see if that is the issue!

I agree with fytr. Once I replaced the rear switch with a roller ball switch and got it adjusted (as discussed in the “issues” thread), it has never happened again.

#111 5 years ago

Might be off topic, but Flight of Icarus, how do you know when you have made enough shots to complete the mode and light a soul shard?

#112 5 years ago

WISH LIST: Please Stern, add MUSIC VOLUME ADJUSTMENT. Forget this silly attenuation stuff, it doesn't work well.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Might be off topic, but Flight of Icarus, how do you know when you have made enough shots to complete the mode and light a soul shard?

Looking forward to the answer.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

WISH LIST: Please Stern, add MUSIC VOLUME ADJUSTMENT. Forget this silly attenuation stuff, it doesn't work well.

Already on the list practically since the beginning. Attenuation sucks.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Haven't yet updated .. but... this?
- removed 'SONG SELECT EVERY BALL'
I hope it isn't forcing me to select a new song each ball. That would be stupid.

I updated to 1.0.1 and now I can't find the menu option to keep the same song all game... Did they really remove it? Or was I looking in the wrong place?

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I updated to 1.0.1 and now I can't find the menu option to keep the same song all game... Did they really remove it? Or was I looking in the wrong place?

They removed it.

And I the music attenuation bug is still there in v1.0.1 as well. I must have been wishfully hallucinating when I initially thought it was fixed.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

They removed it.
And I the music attenuation bug is still there in v1.0.1 as well. I must have been wishfully hallucinating when I initially thought it was fixed.

That's so stupid....

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's so stupid....

It is, I literally am not updating to 1.01 because they remove the ability to keep the same song in the game. I don't get that at all, who got bored and thought to do that?

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It is, I literally am not updating to 1.01 because they remove the ability to keep the same song in the game. I don't get that at all, who got bored and thought to do that?

You can keep the same song all game in 1.01, or do you mean you don't want you to give you the option to change it every ball?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can keep the same song all game in 1.01, or do you mean you don't want you to give you the option to change it every ball?

You are forced to enter the song selection menu each ball - meaning you can easily accidentally change the song.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You are forced to enter the song selection menu each ball - meaning you can easily accidentally change the song.

Really? I've literally never accidentally changed a song once I select it on ball 1.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Well that's dumb.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really? I've literally never accidentally changed a song once I select it on ball 1.

I had this problem (ie. accidentally changing song) before fixing the switch in the shooter lane, because it didn’t lock the song in when the ball left the plunger. Fezmid, are you having this problem?

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I had this problem (ie. accidentally changing song) before fixing the switch in the shooter lane, because it didn’t lock the song in when the ball left the plunger. Fezmid, are you having this problem?

No - the issue is when you push the flipper for the super skill shot, and then either decide not to attempt that or just taken your finger off for some other reason.

Regardless, many people want the same song all game - it was an option in the menus and now it's not, which is really dumb.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No - the issue is when you push the flipper for the super skill shot, and then either decide not to attempt that or just taken your finger off for some other reason.
Regardless, many people want the same song all game - it was an option in the menus and now it's not, which is really dumb.

Some of the super secret skill shots are worth more than the Super Skill shot now, so why bother with the plain super? Problem solved.

#126 5 years ago

Gives you 2x whereas the secrets don't?

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Gives you 2x whereas the secrets don't?

Is that a permanent 2x or a timed 2x? I didn't realize that.

#128 5 years ago

All 2x are timed once started

#129 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Some of the super secret skill shots are worth more than the Super Skill shot now, so why bother with the plain super? Problem solved.

That's not solving the problem, that's telling me I can't play my machine the way I want to. Not cool. Why didn't hey remove a feature that was literally already programmed?

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

That's not solving the problem, that's telling me I can't play my machine the way I want to. Not cool. Why didn't hey remove a feature that was literally already programmed?

This is really trivial, and borderline whiney.
If you change the song, simply change it back?
And who knows, maybe the songs will interact with gameplay in a future update, and you could NEED to change songs, and it didn't make sense to prohibit it?
But yes, everyone rip on the team for this one, lol.

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

This is really trivial, and borderline whiney.
If you change the song, simply change it back?
And who knows, maybe the songs will interact with gameplay in a future update, and you could NEED to change songs, and it didn't make sense to prohibit it?
But yes, everyone rip on the team for this one, lol.

I thought this thread was about "bugs, issues, and wishlist?" Please explain what criteria must be met for something to not be whiny.

To add to the whine for you, when you change the song accidentally, it starts over.

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't understand what the problem is. If you want to do the super skill shot and hit the button, then change your mind and release, simply re-select the song before launching the ball. All the tools to play the game you want are already there. However, wishlist being a wishlist, I'll add your request to put back the system option they took out.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't understand what the problem is. If you want to do the super skill shot and hit the button, then change your mind and release, simply re-select the song before launching the ball. All the tools to play the game you want are already there. However, wishlist being a wishlist, I'll add your request to put back the system option they took out.

If you reselect the same song it starts it from the beginning again. Iron Maiden songs are 12 minutes long. I want to hear the whole song not just the beginning over and over.

Basically, it comes down to this. If you are going to make a "music pin", then do it well and support the kinds of features a fan of the band would appreciate.

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I thought this thread was about "bugs, issues, and wishlist?"

Never mind, I hope they change back this major bug, issue, or wish for you.

#135 5 years ago

If you add a player to the game, while starting Trooper-Multiball. You are playing a single ball multiball (Prem/Le)

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

If you add a player to the game, while starting Trooper-Multiball. You are playing a single ball multiball (Prem/Le)

Added to the OP, thanks.

#137 5 years ago

WISH LIST: Awards for "sneak" shots on the prem/LE during single ball play.

1) Underworld dunk: You shoot the ball immediately back into the ramp hole before the ramp has a chance to close. Gravestone target award would be good here.

2) Sarcophagus sneak: You shoot the sarcophagus lock ramp when lock is lit before the diverter opens fully, or you shoot the ramp when the diverter is fully open but soft enough that it doesn't lock and rides the full ramp instead. This one is far more difficult to achieve, so I'd say maybe an extra ramp hit toward super ramps and/or maybe an eddie letter?

I'd say I make one of these two shots about every second game, so they are pretty rare but do happen. The lift-ramp shot can be easily attempted with a drop catch. The lock ramp would be tougher to nail on purpose, but you could try to nail the ramp as the diverter is raising. I usually trap and wait to avoid just getting a ramp and not a lock.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

WISH LIST: Awards for "sneak" shots on the prem/LE during single ball play.
1) Underworld dunk: You shoot the ball immediately back into the ramp hole before the ramp has a chance to close. Gravestone target award would be good here.

Sort of like a "You cheat, Mr. Eddie!" shot.

#139 5 years ago

whatever you do please dont change the font, we need a clear font for streaming!

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

whatever you do please dont change the font, we need a clear font for streaming!

They should have a settings option where it solely uses the egyptian font like in the high score table.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

They should have a settings option where it solely uses the egyptian font like in the high score table.

Everything comic Sans please!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Specs say they're 8 Ohm speakers wired in parallel to have a 4 Ohm load at the amp. So I'm *guessing* you want to set it to 4 Ohm because that's what the amp on the Spike board will see.

Bump for a great thread,

Thanks Vic for maintaining

So I guess this confirms no true Stereo 2.1 ?

I really would like to see the next Spike 3 ? with Stereo and Bluetooth

Would be nice to have the option pair headphones and other devices

and to complete the package WiFi. These features will bring Pinball to the current age

So surprised this has not happened sooner.

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Option A

Option B

Solved

#144 5 years ago

New code has arrived!

V1.02.0 - July 3, 2018
======================
- Trooper Multiball - fixed issues with Trooper intro not launching balls into play and sometimes ending the ball without ever launching balls or starting ball save
- Trooper Multiball - fixed an issue where the 3rd lock would conflict with the Number of the Beast lit shots when you have Up/Down Ramp disabled, the Number of the Beast will be started in this case
- Trooper Multiball - hitting Add-A-Ball during the grace period will now restart the mode
- Trooper Multiball - fixed an issue where starting the mulitball stacked with a single ball mode doesn't award you the shot for the stacked mode if it is lit on the orbit
- Mummy Multiball - fixed an issue with Sarcophagus Jackpots not awarding playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - adding callouts for Sarcophagus Jackpots for Triple and Quintuple Jackpots when multiplied by playfield multiplier
- Mummy Multiball - hitting Add-A-Ball during the grace period will now restart the mode
- Mummy Multiball - Super Jackpot now blinks center arrow red (along with Pharaoh Target and under ramp flasher light show)
- Timed Battle Modes - fixed an issue with timed modes that are killed by restarting the game (via long press of the start button), would not completely kill their timers
- Can I Play with Madness - fixed an issue where grace period shots to the scoop will bring up the lock timer to countdown and the panel never goes away when it expires
- Can I Play with Madness - hitting Add-A-Ball during the grace period will now restart the mode
- Guardian Diverter - fixed an issue where disabling only the Sarcophagus Motor would not allow the diverter to open to make the shot into the tomb
- Revive - fixed issues with revive taking a ball away when the ball saver was running during certain modes
- Skill Shot - fixed an issue where it was possible to hit 2 Secret Skill Shots on the same ball, only one allowed
- Super Skill Shot - hitting the mini loop can now extend the Super Skill Shot timer and increases the award for finishing the shot
- Secret Skill Shots - fixed an issue where plunging the Big Loop would not invalidate Secret Skill Shots from the inlane / outlane
- Center Up/Down Ramp - now formatting tech alerts properly, showing disabled status in test, and allowing operator to change disabled adjustment within test
- Sarcophagus Motor - now formatting tech alerts properly, showing disabled status in test, and allowing operator to change disabled adjustment within test
- Guardian Diverter Motor - now formatting tech alerts properly, showing disabled status in test, and allowing operator to change disabled adjustment within test
- Score Frame - fix credits overlap with the score frame when you have partial credits
- Sound - updated Big Loop and Mini Loop entry sound effects
- Speech - added more callouts to the game as well as the sound test
- Balanced skill shot scoring
- Added "dirty pool" callout and effect for aiballs landing in sarcophagus. It will also credit the player for an instant lock.

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'BONUS COUNTDOWN USES SHAKER' - defaults to NO, turn to YES for a shaker effect during bonus countdown
- added 'SECRET SKILLSHOTS' - defaults to YES, turn to NO to disable all secret skill shots (defaults to NO in competition mode)
- changed 'AUTO REPLAY START' - maximum value to 1B
- changed 'DYNAMIC REPLAY START' - maximum value to 1B
- changed 'REPLAY LEVEL #1' - maximum value to 1B
- changed 'REPLAY LEVEL #2' - maximum value to 1B
- changed 'REPLAY LEVEL #3' - maximum value to 1B
- changed 'REPLAY LEVEL #4' - maximum value to 1B

#145 5 years ago

Updated the bugs/issues/wishlist items that were taken care of in 1.02 in the OP and pulled the version number forward. If you confirm any I didn't move from active to fixed/addressed are actually fixed/addressed, let me know and I'll update the list of bugs.

#146 5 years ago

I updated and had the issue occurr where both outlane saves were lit and two balls drained at the same time, one in each outlane. Neither were saved.

#147 5 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I updated and had the issue occurr where both outlane saves were lit and two balls drained at the same time, one in each outlane. Neither were saved.

I'll put it back up to the bugs again, with a little more information, hopefully. What multiball mode were you in? Still Trooper? Stacked with a game mode, too?

#148 5 years ago

On my premium:
Not sure if I'm running into a bug or a switch problem: If a game ends with a ball in the sarcophagus lock, it will dump the ball down into the underworld VUK and then not eject it. When I try to start a new game, this causes a ball search (which kicks the ball out of the VUK). The underworld scoop is working fine during gameplay, and I haven't had any issues with locks registering in the sarcophagus. Bug? Switch need adjusting?

#149 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

On my premium:
Not sure if I'm running into a bug or a switch problem: If a game ends with a ball in the sarcophagus lock, it will dump the ball down into the underworld VUK and then not eject it. When I try to start a new game, this causes a ball search (which kicks the ball out of the VUK). The underworld scoop is working fine during gameplay, and I haven't had any issues with locks registering in the sarcophagus. Bug? Switch need adjusting?

I don't have a Prem so I can't check, but this is very easy to reproduce since it likely happens at the end of a fair amount of games, so if it WAS a bug, I would think a LOT more people would be complaining about it. I would think it's a switch issue. I'd check that first.

#150 5 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

On my premium:

I don’t get that problem on my LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.