Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 26 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I can't believe we didn't get another patch yet. The 1.08 code has game ending bugs.

It's almost assuredly been held up to come with the Insider Connected update

#652 26 days ago
Quoted from Yuuichi:

It's almost assuredly been held up to come with the Insider Connected update

I feel that a bug of that magnitude should be addressed immediately. We should have had an immediate 1.09 patch on this one and then wait on the insider 1.10

#653 25 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I had set difficulty to HARD, saved it, then exited menu and played a 3 ball game. Turned off pin then back on. Went to the installs menu and it was back to extra easy! How can I make it stay on HARD setting? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Please try and let me know if it's me or the game.

This menu doesn't show what has been installed. It's a utility that lets you install pre-sets. What you're seeing is normal. You should be able to look in Game Adjustments and see some specific changes that are affected by using this utility -- I'd guess stuff like timers and starting Eddie letters as some examples. You can go back and forth between the utilities -- try installing, for example, EASY, then looking at these settings in Game Adjustments. Then install Hard and look at these setting in Game Adjustments.

#654 24 days ago
Quoted from stevevt:

This menu doesn't show what has been installed. It's a utility that lets you install pre-sets. What you're seeing is normal. You should be able to look in Game Adjustments and see some specific changes that are affected by using this utility -- I'd guess stuff like timers and starting Eddie letters as some examples. You can go back and forth between the utilities -- try installing, for example, EASY, then looking at these settings in Game Adjustments. Then install Hard and look at these setting in Game Adjustments.

Something still is screwy here. I've played this game at a brewery over 30 times and got a high score of !86,000,000. I put mine on HARD and I get 300,000,000 on my third game.

Seems like the multiballs are starting within 15 seconds of the first ball. Something isn't right. I don't like the fact that when you go back into INSTALLS, it doesn't show what your current mode is. Mine is always sitting on EXTRA EASY when I go back into the menu.

#655 24 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Mine is always sitting on EXTRA EASY when I go back into the menu.

I don't know how to explain it any better. Sorry.

Try looking at a specific setting in Game Adjustments before and after you use a different selection in the Installs Utility.

#656 24 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Something still is screwy here. I've played this game at a brewery over 30 times and got a high score of !86,000,000. I put mine on HARD and I get 300,000,000 on my third game.
Seems like the multiballs are starting within 15 seconds of the first ball. Something isn't right. I don't like the fact that when you go back into INSTALLS, it doesn't show what your current mode is. Mine is always sitting on EXTRA EASY when I go back into the menu.

Lots of other variables. How wide are the outlanes set on the brewery one? The pitch? Amount of wax? There are a million reasons for the disparity you're seeing that have nothing to do with the settings in the software.

#657 24 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Lots of other variables. How wide are the outlanes set on the brewery one? The pitch? Amount of wax? There are a million reasons for the disparity you're seeing that have nothing to do with the settings in the software.

My girlfriend topped my GC score last night on the first game with 288,000,000. I had 282,000,000.
It's seems way too easy. I appreciate the help.
I'm no pinball dummy but this is my first Spike based pin.
Maybe you can mention one adjustment to check in EASY and XHARD mode.
There are so may possible changes in the adjustments it's mind boggling.
I just set it again for XHARD so if you can mention one setting to check, I'll do it. If not, thanks anyhow for the assist.

The one at the brewery was definitely needing some love but the play times I had there were long, it just didn't seem to start up multiballs as fast and score as high.

MY GF and I def notice the diff.

Great Game!

#658 24 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

My girlfriend topped my GC score last night on the first game with 288,000,000. I had 282,000,000.
I just set it again for XHARD so if you can mention one setting to check, I'll do it. If not, thanks anyhow for the assist.
The one at the brewery was definitely needing some love but the play times I had there were long, it just didn't seem to start up multiballs as fast and score as high.
Great Game!

What multiball mode are you getting within 15 seconds of starting?

I don't have maiden anymore, but I'm guessing you may have it set to spot you a mode from the start and then are hitting the mode start, which gives you a multiball.

#659 21 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Great Game!

As with any pin, learn the rules and make adjustments for specific rules to suit your abilities.

This is the only game aside from Shadow that I use stock rules. They are tough!

For the record, 280 Mill isn't a great score. When you're consistently topping a billion, your game might be set too easy.

#660 20 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As with any pin, learn the rules and make adjustments for specific rules to suit your abilities.
This is the only game aside from Shadow that I use stock rules. They are tough!
For the record, 280 Mill isn't a great score. When you're consistently topping a billion, your game might be set too easy.

The have it set for XHARD and got 330,000,000 pretty easily.
This is my first Stern game since I bought ST:PRO.
It's a fast playing pin compared to ST but scoring is like 10X fold on IM.

#661 20 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

330 million is not a great score on Maiden. It would put you at the very bottom of the top 100 high scores on pinside. If I don't get at least that kind of score on the first ball, I'm disappointed.

#662 20 days ago
Quoted from CUJO:

You get that every game scores completely differently, right? Play AFM and get a few billion on ball one then go over to a machine like Hobbit and be happy to get a few million on a 30min game.
FWIW I can pretty easily score 200M/ball on Maiden

#663 20 days ago

Keep practicing

Screenshot_20210929-075135_Chrome (resized).jpg
#664 18 days ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You get that every game scores completely differently, right? Play AFM and get a few billion on ball one then go over to a machine like Hobbit and be happy to get a few million on a 30min game.
FWIW I can pretty easily score 200M/ball on Maiden

Yeah, not used to the pins that score this high..Even ST:PRO MET PRO FGY are down to scores that GC would normally reach 150 Million up like I have.
I got 220 Million on one ball on IM in XHARD mode. And I haven't even had the pin a week. It's all relative to the game's scoring algorithm at this point...
It's a wild ride...

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside