Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

There’s a setting to display the tour dates or not, so I would think they let them stay. And the game doesn’t really need another update anyway.

Good to know. I couldn't care less about old tour dates. Can anything else be turned off for attract mode?

#602 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Good to know. I couldn't care less about old tour dates. Can anything else be turned off for attract mode?

I think the instructions on how to play can also.

#603 3 years ago

And attract sound, I would think

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

And attract sound, I would think

There is when you hit the flippers buttons. some Beast and Clair callouts anyway.

It would be great if there was some random attracts, like ol school B/W. I think many pinheads have a line up sitting idle and flashing away, to hear some random call out see some random strobe type light show, like AFM attract is really cool. Fear of the Dark comes to mind.

3 types of random attract would be awesome.

1 callouts
2 light show
3 short riff

I believe random attracts would be easy to code in, someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Little things like this can make a game extra special.

The icing on the cake would be Jukebox

Attract and Jukebox could easily be disabled in settings if not required.

Sure is great that such an epic set list was chosen for maiden, provides a lot of opportunity for expansion.
12 of Maidens greatest tracks.......

Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Powerslave
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Fear of the Dark

A few finishing touches for IMDN will be one of Sterns biggest hits and if license was set up correctly I can see a couple of re-runs down the track.

#605 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

There is when you hit the flippers buttons. some Beast and Clair callouts anyway.
It would be great if there was some random attracts, like ol school B/W. I think many pinheads have a line up sitting idle and flashing away, to hear some random call out see some random strobe type light show, like AFM attract is really cool. Fear of the Dark comes to mind.
3 types of random attract would be awesome.
1 callouts
2 light show
3 short riff
I believe random attracts would be easy to code in, someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Little things like this can make a game extra special.
The icing on the cake would be Jukebox
Attract and Jukebox could easily be disabled in settings if not required.
Sure is great that such an epic set list was chosen for maiden, provides a lot of opportunity for expansion.
12 of Maidens greatest tracks.......
Aces High
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Trooper
Wasted Years
Can I Play With Madness
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Powerslave
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Flight of Icarus
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Fear of the Dark
A few finishing touches for IMDN will be one of Sterns biggest hits and if license was set up correctly I can see a couple of re-runs down the track.

With one exception: can I play with madness is one of the worst songs ever written. The lyrics sounds like someone in grade six wrote them.

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

With one exception: can I play with madness is one of the worst songs ever written. The lyrics sounds like someone in grade six wrote them.

As soon as new code is released, that is the only song I'm planning to swapping out. I have a pro so it has no business being there

#607 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

As soon as new code is released, that is the only song I'm planning to swapping out. I have a pro so it has no business being there

If Stern adds tracks they should add Where Eagles Dare, Children of the Damned or the Clansman. I also really like the Bruce version of Phantom of the Opera.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If Stern adds tracks they should add Where Eagles Dare, Children of the Damned or the Clansman. I also really like the Bruce version of Phantom of the Opera.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

#609 3 years ago

Losfer words. Happily pay $10-$20 for some extra song DLC.

#610 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah will admit its the weakest track on the set list.

The art is cool though

CIPM (resized).jpgCIPM (resized).jpg
#611 3 years ago

Any rumors of a Nublar like mini game? What would you suggest if one was put in?

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

Any rumors of a Nublar like mini game? What would you suggest if one was put in?

IF it were to happen, I would think it would be Battle the Beast, or Run to the Hills Wizard mode

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

IF it were to happen, I would think it would be Battle the Beast, or Run to the Hills Wizard mode

At least Battle the Beast is achievable. I will never see run to the hills though

#614 3 years ago

Keith did say he was going to do this on every game. Hmmm. Could happen as this is his first.

I would think some sort of speed version of RTTH as only the top elite players are ever going to get it.

Would be nice to see it in a slightly different iteration.

#615 3 years ago

Has been mentioned before
The vote/option for 2 extra tracks would be Amazing !

The Met vote was one of my favorites !

I'll try again bbbb

One of the Best things Stern Pinball ever did !

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/metallica/index6.html

#616 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah will admit its the weakest track on the set list.
The art is cool though[quoted image]

Yeah, Maiden is the king of cool art. I always felt the art was way better than the music. Not that I hated or hate Maiden, I just think their art and live shows supercede their tunes.

2 months later
#617 3 years ago

LE 1.06 Can Revive be activated quicker please, Instant ?
As in, I earned Revive but takes a second or 2 to work ( light up ) . I understand a second or 2 is a trivial number however it can make a difference.

#618 3 years ago

Ok ive owned my game for well over a year and a half and this is hands down the weirdest thing to happen so far. I will try to remember everything in the order it happened.
I got loop jackpot going but wasn't hitting it for the life of me. I then got FOTD going and still wasnt hitting those loops but was surprised but how long it was staying lit (no i wasnt adding time with mini loops)
I then got trooper going and loop jackpot was STILL LIT. I played through some trooper, got 4 balls going. Managed to cradle them with some luck. Loop jackpot STILL LIT. Its been about a minute. As im staring at the loop lights the games suddenly goes Danger1, Danger2, Tilt all together immediately. My tilt is actually pretty generous and i was cradled up. Weird. Ball 2 back to normal.

#619 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ok ive owned my game for well over a year and a half and this is hands down the weirdest thing to happen so far. I will try to remember everything in the order it happened.
I got loop jackpot going but wasn't hitting it for the life of me. I then got FOTD going and still wasnt hitting those loops but was surprised but how long it was staying lit (no i wasnt adding time with mini loops)
I then got trooper going and loop jackpot was STILL LIT. I played through some trooper, got 4 balls going. Managed to cradle them with some luck. Loop jackpot STILL LIT. Its been about a minute. As im staring at the loop lights the games suddenly goes Danger1, Danger2, Tilt all together immediately. My tilt is actually pretty generous and i was cradled up. Weird. Ball 2 back to normal.

I’ve had something similar happen it goes so fast cannot explain it .Always next ball back to normal seems to happen mostly when hitting shots w 4 balls fast in succession .Ive since leveled pin more center bubble since then no issues I have no idea if tgat helped or not but game has slowed down scores been higher also .

#620 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I got loop jackpot going but wasn't hitting it for the life of me.

Sounds like you LIT the loop jackpot, but didn’t get the first jackpot to start the timer. The 12 seconds for hitting jackpots doesn’t begin till the first loop jackpot is scored. Just a guess, not sure about the tilt.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Sounds like you LIT the loop jackpot, but didn’t get the first jackpot to start the timer. The 12 seconds for hitting jackpots doesn’t begin till the first loop jackpot is scored. Just a guess, not sure about the tilt.

Jackpot still only lights for a limited time regardless of if you make a loop. You can time out and not collect a single loop jackpot.

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Jackpot still only lights for a limited time regardless of if you make a loop. You can time out and not collect a single loop jackpot.

I don't think that is true. The jackpot stays lit until you collect one, or drain the ball.

#623 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I don't think that is true. The jackpot stays lit until you collect one, or drain the ball.

Yep, gotta collect one loop jackpot our it stays lit till ya drain.

"Loop jackpot! Loo, loo, loooop jackpot! Loop jackpot!" - I hear this shot in my dreams.

1 month later
#624 3 years ago

The game code for Premium 1.06 is downloading the wrong file from Sterns website, both Premium and LE versions download the same file. I'm getting errors on my service menu now, it appears to be looking for something my machine doesnt have.

Is the premium and LE code supposed to be the same file?

#625 3 years ago
Quoted from rikity:

The game code for Premium 1.06 is downloading the wrong file from Sterns website, both Premium and LE versions download the same file. I'm getting errors on my service menu now, it appears to be looking for something my machine doesnt have.
Is the premium and LE code supposed to be the same file?

Yes, that's normal. LE and Premium are the same games. The only difference is trim and bling, which has nothing to do with code.

2 months later
#626 3 years ago

thanks again for the advice, I adjusted the Sarc switch - the one further from the Newton ball and its working fine now.

3 weeks later
#627 3 years ago

Great podcast from Loser Kid with special guest KME.

Was cool to hear that Maiden has not been forgotten,
Huge thanks to KME, TS and Rick N + team for the awesome code out of the gate.

Looking forward to see, hear and play Ray Day'z code extension/update.

Thanks again team Stern for seeing Maiden through !

Awesome game deserves to ultimate polish.

https://soundcloud.com/loserkidpinballpodcast/ep-49-aiq-with-keith-elwin

https://sternpinball.com/2020/05/15/current-1-ranked-pinball-player-in-the-world-joins-stern-pinballs-game-design-studio/?utm_source=constantcontact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20200518_GameroomSPAmerch

#628 3 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great podcast from Loser Kid with special guest KME.

Sounds like we can expect it this month - which is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it.

2 weeks later
#630 3 years ago

Found a bug in 1.08 already -- if you do the second shot of HBTN (aka already hit one shot then the sarcophagus) onto the left ramp and the tomb is open on a premium, it'll load the ball into the tomb but not launch another and get stuck until the ball search cycle that empties the tomb.

Otherwise so far it's an incredible update, the change to roaming letters is a massive improvement in terms of fun.

#631 3 years ago

And what the hell happened to the sound in 1.08??? Normally at the end of a ball you hear a cool sound of an airplane firing, now it is just 3 muffled farts/pops, and also the music is just faded away immediately. Liked it better in 1.06
So far only changes I saw is that the flight of icarus now has some flames in the display, and revive shows a tombstone, probably revert to 1.06 if that's it...

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from LoranSlater:

Found a bug in 1.08 already -- if you do the second shot of HBTN (aka already hit one shot then the sarcophagus) onto the left ramp and the tomb is open on a premium, it'll load the ball into the tomb but not launch another and get stuck until the ball search cycle that empties the tomb.
Otherwise so far it's an incredible update, the change to roaming letters is a massive improvement in terms of fun.

roaming letters?

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

And what the hell happened to the sound in 1.08??? Normally at the end of a ball you hear a cool sound of an airplane firing, now it is just 3 muffled farts/pops, and also the music is just faded away immediately. Liked it better in 1.06
So far only changes I saw is that the flight of icarus now has some flames in the display, and revive shows a tombstone, probably revert to 1.06 if that's it...

Lots of new call-outs and animations. Icarus now has a bail out shot when you qualify the soul shard instead of timing out the mode. Lighting Eddie letters for the final two mode starts have more shots than just the ramps. It's a good update.

#634 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Is this even possible to do?

#635 3 years ago

Same here if cool stuff was removed. Will just stick with the current code. Thanks for the heads up

#636 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Lots of new call-outs and animations. Icarus now has a bail out shot when you qualify the soul shard instead of timing out the mode. Lighting Eddie letters for the final two mode starts have more shots than just the ramps. It's a good update.

Guess I'm not that good with the modes on IM, most of the modes I just run out of time or drain and then the mode is just over, wish you could start again or continue on the next ball to really play the mode instead of just skipping it. If there is any chance of playing out one mode then the soul shard is only lit for a few seconds, and it just won't give me the ball in time, when I finally get it, for some reason the shot never makes it up the ramp completely or just won't hit the target. With multiball running it is even harder, it almost seems if the flippers are weaker, it's better just to let the balls drain so they will get out of the way, most of the time making a shot is impossible because all the balls just keep being in the middle of the playfield.

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Guess I'm not that good with the modes on IM, most of the modes I just run out of time or drain and then the mode is just over, wish you could start again or continue on the next ball to really play the mode instead of just skipping it. If there is any chance of playing out one mode then the soul shard is only lit for a few seconds, and it just won't give me the ball in time, when I finally get it, for some reason the shot never makes it up the ramp completely or just won't hit the target. With multiball running it is even harder, it almost seems if the flippers are weaker, it's better just to let the balls drain so they will get out of the way, most of the time making a shot is impossible because all the balls just keep being in the middle of the playfield.

You can increase the amount of time for each mode in the settings. Also sounds like you need a refresher course in your playing skills!

#638 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Is this even possible to do?

it used to be so I suppose so? We'll see

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You can increase the amount of time for each mode in the settings. Also sounds like you need a refresher course in your playing skills!

definitely! Because of the Corona bullshit haven't been playing much this year...

#640 3 years ago

Great update, I'm also not really digging the bonus countdown sound, especially the last part, it just sounds like a shitty clunky thunk sound.

Added over 3 years ago:

Ok, it's not that terrible. I take that back, loving the update. Thanks Keith and Ray and whoever else have been involved.

1 week later
#641 3 years ago

136737188_10158121857878090_8499834429661783914_o (resized).jpg136737188_10158121857878090_8499834429661783914_o (resized).jpg
That might be my all time favorite Meme And my Iron Maiden plays all Megadeth songs

1 week later
#642 3 years ago

1.08 late mummy lock on LE still hangs.

2 weeks later
#643 3 years ago

Found a bug in 1.08. Not entirely sure how to activate it. I was playing RotAM, couldn't hit the stupid center shot for some reason and drained down the left outlane with about 100,000 points left on the center shot. Started the 3rd ball, pretty sure I hit the normal skill shot (not 100% sure id I made it or missed it). Then realized there were no white arrows lit. The screen told me to shoot the arrows but Eddie was already spelled out. So basically nothing I could do to advance the game.

Luckily I was having a crappy game - see my score in the screenshot - but this could be a big deal if you're having a good game.

Hope Stern looks into this. I seem to recall someone else bringing it up, maybe in the main thread (i skimmed here and didn't see it).

20210129_195359 (resized).jpg20210129_195359 (resized).jpg
#644 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Found a bug in 1.08. Not entirely sure how to activate it. I was playing RotAM, couldn't hit the stupid center shot for some reason and drained down the left outlane with about 100,000 points left on the center shot. Started the 3rd ball, pretty sure I hit the normal skill shot (not 100% sure id I made it or missed it). Then realized there were no white arrows lit. The screen told me to shoot the arrows but Eddie was already spelled out. So basically nothing I could do to advance the game.
Luckily I was having a crappy game - see my score in the screenshot - but this could be a big deal if you're having a good game.
Hope Stern looks into this. I seem to recall someone else bringing it up, maybe in the main thread (i skimmed here and didn't see it).
[quoted image]

Like this?

#645 3 years ago

Yup!!

7 months later
#646 2 years ago

Not a "good" bug to have..time for more code updates I hope.

Now that the concerts are caught up to on the color display, will a new code update be coming out soon to fix more bugs and add more concert dates?

Also, I just got my IM PRO from the new batch. Is there a setting in there that lets me pick overall game difficulty?
Like EXTRA EASY, EASY, MEDIUM, MEDIUM HARD, HARD or something like that? I have looked and looked thru the menus and can't find anything like that, like it exists on Family Guy...

#647 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Now that the concerts are caught up to on the color display, will a new code update be coming out soon to fix more bugs and add more concert dates?
Also, I just got my IM PRO from the new batch. Is there a setting in there that lets me pick overall game difficulty?
Like EXTRA EASY, EASY, MEDIUM, MEDIUM HARD, HARD or something like that? I have looked and looked thru the menus and can't find anything like that, like it exists on Family Guy...

There is, it's in installs menu

#648 2 years ago
Quoted from BubbaPin:

There is, it's in installs menu

Thanks. Found it and set to HARD from EASY.

#649 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Thanks. Found it and set to HARD from EASY.

I had set difficulty to HARD, saved it, then exited menu and played a 3 ball game. Turned off pin then back on. Went to the installs menu and it was back to extra easy! How can I make it stay on HARD setting? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Please try and let me know if it's me or the game.
Running 1.08 code.

#650 2 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I can't believe we didn't get another patch yet. The 1.08 code has game ending bugs.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne Beach, FL
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 26.50
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.