Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
#551 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can now back up and restore game settings (at last!)

Anyone know if that works when updating to future versions of the firmware? It would be amazing if we don't have to re-configure all our settings every time we do an update.

#552 5 years ago
Quoted from mikeking:

Anyone know if that works when updating to future versions of the firmware? It would be amazing if we don't have to re-configure all our settings every time we do an update.

Yeah, that's the point. Also, it says settings persist when updating the software once the new OS is installed with the next update.

#553 5 years ago

Not sure if this bug has been posted for v1.06 yet..

Adjusting sound volume during a game made the music stop until next ball.

#554 5 years ago
Quoted from DragonPin:

Not sure if this bug has been posted for v1.06 yet..
Adjusting sound volume during a game made the music stop until next ball.

It's on the bug list. Been there since the beginning. It was in the "fixed" area after 1.04, but I pulled it back up into the bug list.

#555 5 years ago

Hopefully they fix the "missing page" when cycling through the high scores.

#556 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Hopefully they fix the "missing page" when cycling through the high scores.

They kind-of fixed it halfway, but it's still missing when you cycle the other direction. So yeah, I think they're at least aware of the problem, just bad at fixing and testing their fixes.

#557 5 years ago

Hope they fixed a bunch of the more annoying ones:

- when locking a ball during Mummy mb, and immediately drain the other ball in play, the game will go into ball search instead of freeing the locked ball. Reproduces every time.

- if you have the third lock for Trooper mb ready plus Mummy MB ready, and you free the captive ball PLUS make the same ball go back to Trooper lock, Trooper MB will turn to a 4 ball mb, and Mummy MB will start automatically after you drain the second to last ball on Trooper. Reproduces easily.

- there seems to be a condition where the game looses track of a ball during add a ball in some mode. It will give end of ball bonus despite one ball being still in play. No, not the sarcophagus bug - it's rock solid since I replaced the switches there. Need to figure out more details.

Georg

#558 5 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Hope they fixed a bunch of the more annoying ones:
- when locking a ball during Mummy mb, and immediately drain the other ball in play, the game will go into ball search instead of freeing the locked ball. Reproduces every time.
- if you have the third lock for Trooper mb ready plus Mummy MB ready, and you free the captive ball PLUS make the same ball go back to Trooper lock, Trooper MB will turn to a 4 ball mb, and Mummy MB will start automatically after you drain the second to last ball on Trooper. Reproduces easily.
- there seems to be a condition where the game looses track of a ball during add a ball in some mode. It will give end of ball bonus despite one ball being still in play. No, not the sarcophagus bug - it's rock solid since I replaced the switches there. Need to figure out more details.
Georg

The second one has been called a feature. I don't mind it, actually.

#559 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The second one has been called a feature. I don't mind it, actually.

True, could be. The first one is a definite bug though.

#560 5 years ago

Anyone have an inside scoop on future updates? Is there any sort of schedule planned, or is it the usual "hope Stern gets around to it"?

#561 5 years ago

Wishlist item: Instant right outline drain after skill shot should not kill ball save. The shot is set up for that drain, so it's pretty unfair to kill the ball save immediately after the drain.

2 months later
#562 4 years ago

I just picked up IM Premium, and expected to have to spend some time tweaking to get it playing properly. My question - has anyone had a problem with the right ramp being improperly wired?? I tested it in the diagnostic mode, and the opto is tripping switch 50 (as opposed to switch 56) which is apparently for the right orbit. It won't award any points, Eddie letters, mode rewards etc etc. This is super effing frustrating for a NIB game. Any possible info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Overall, this is an stellar game, as it was designed. However, Stern's QA is pretty fricking frustrating. I can't imagine not doing some sort of 200 point inspection before boxing and shipping out ANY finished product, but it clearly seems there's some sort of failure in thorough diagnostic testing. Maybe I'm being too harsh... Dunno.

Ramp Switch (resized).pngRamp Switch (resized).png
#563 4 years ago
Quoted from Flare:

I just picked up IM Premium, and expected to have to spend some time tweaking to get it playing properly. My question - has anyone had a problem with the right ramp being improperly wired?? I tested it in the diagnostic mode, and the opto is tripping switch 50 (as opposed to switch 56) which is apparently for the right orbit. It won't award any points, Eddie letters, mode rewards etc etc. This is super effing frustrating for a NIB game. Any possible info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Overall, this is an stellar game, as it was designed. However, Stern's QA is pretty fricking frustrating. I can't imagine not doing some sort of 200 point inspection before boxing and shipping out ANY finished product, but it clearly seems there's some sort of failure in thorough diagnostic testing. Maybe I'm being too harsh... Dunno.[quoted image]

Probably just plugged the connectors for the optos into the wrong spots on the opto controller board under the playfield. Just follow the leads down to the board. They should have little flags on them at the board to tell what's what.

#564 4 years ago
Quoted from Flare:

Overall, this is an stellar game, as it was designed. However, Stern's QA is pretty fricking frustrating. I can't imagine not doing some sort of 200 point inspection before boxing and shipping out ANY finished product, but it clearly seems there's some sort of failure in thorough diagnostic testing. Maybe I'm being too harsh... Dunno.[quoted image]

Yeah, you'd think they'd check each switch registered correctly. Occasionally someone mixes up a wire or connector. I know of a Batman '66 that's been on location for 2 years that has two of the lane switches swapped. Op has never bothered to fix it (or update the game since buying it).

#565 4 years ago

Thanks for the info, guys. I didn't even think to see if the right orbit was triggering switch 56, which if it is, then I'm thinking it's a matter of swapping the connections, if it's not some huge pain in the @$$.

A quick note about the sarcophagus lock, and it not working, etc - When I get the game set up, I couldn't be bothered to level it, and the lock gate (that lifts to release the ball), was not letting the ball down consistently. I decided to properly level the pitch (it was around 6% out of the box, and I adjusted it closer to 7%) and the gate mechanism now properly lets the ball down. As for the switches, I haven't played enough to determine if they suck or not (lol).

I hope Elwin is designing more games for Stern or WHOMEVER!! Even with the flaws, and frustrations, it's so fricking awesome!!! The multi-ball modes are totally ridiculous and crazy!!

1 month later
#566 4 years ago

Hopefully we're getting an update to Iron Maiden soon to take care of obvious bugs still in there like the screen-skipping high score scroll that was only partially fixed as well as other less obvious bugs...

1 week later
#567 4 years ago

Is the "LIFETIME TOTAL PLAYS" audit accurate on this game, or is that resetable? I just looked and my count was much smaller than I expected.

#568 4 years ago

During 3 player game on free play, after draining ball game reset to to one 1 player zero score? Can not recall # of ball at time. Anyone know when new update will release? Hoping this year!

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

During 3 player game on free play, after draining ball game reset to to one 1 player zero score? Can not recall # of ball at time. Anyone know when new update will release? Hoping this year!

A> What ball was the one that drained? Which player?
B> Are you sure it wasn't a game reset from holding START?

I sure hope another update is coming soon. And, I hope they've fixed the memory leak so instead of a Microsoft-level kludge of just rebooting the machine every day at 24/7 locations (which it's still doing now), it's made stable without rebooting.

#570 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A> What ball was the one that drained? Which player?
B> Are you sure it wasn't a game reset from holding START?
I sure hope another update is coming soon. And, I hope they've fixed the memory leak so instead of a Microsoft-level kludge of just rebooting the machine every day at 24/7 locations (which it's still doing now), it's made stable without rebooting.</blockquote

Hey pin monk, positive was not from holding start button. Maybe ball 2, but honestly not sure, and I pretty sure this was the second time the machine has done this. Thanks.

#571 4 years ago

Maybe concentrate on starting only 3 player games to gather more information when it happens again. Having a reproducable bug makes it more likely to be fixed.

#572 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Sounds like someone leaned on the start button.

1 month later
#573 4 years ago

Has anyone else noticed that 1.06 seems to have disabled the interlock? My machine has an interlock, but it no longer disables 48v power when I open the coin door?

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from CVeRiTy:

Has anyone else noticed that 1.06 seems to have disabled the interlock? My machine has an interlock, but it no longer disables 48v power when I open the coin door?

My machine disables the 48v power when the coin door is opened and I’m on 1.06. Not sure what would cause the behavior you’re having. I would say the switch but that seems too obvious.

#575 4 years ago
Quoted from Vinnie:

My machine disables the 48v power when the coin door is opened and I’m on 1.06. Not sure what would cause the behavior you’re having. I would say the switch but that seems too obvious.

How strange. I've tested the interlock switch with a multimeter and it's working correctly.

Do you still have the "COIN DOOR DISABLES TILT" adjustment? In addition to 1.06 disabling my interlock, it also removed this adjustment.

Thanks.

#576 4 years ago

Supposedly updated code coming in Dec/Jan, so lots of stuff on the bug list should be taken care of.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposedly updated code coming in Dec/Jan, so lots of stuff on the bug list should be taken care of.

Yes please

#578 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the "lock song between balls" option back... I hate the ability to change songs between balls.

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add the "lock song between balls" option back... I hate the ability to change songs between balls.

You can email stern if you want to make extra sure they know you hate the fact it was changed:

[email protected]
OR
[email protected]

#580 4 years ago

Fellow Pinsiders,

Interesting find i cant get the super skill shot champion intials entered? I made many diffrent skill shots in the last 5 months... not sure whats going on. Anyone got an idea. Thanks.

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from CHIEF1893:

Fellow Pinsiders,
Interesting find i cant get the super skill shot champion intials entered? I made many diffrent skill shots in the last 5 months... not sure whats going on. Anyone got an idea. Thanks.

It seems obvious but are you talking about super skill shots? The award is for super skill shots (holding the left flipper when plunging, shooting to the back of the pharaoh ramp and using the upper left flipper to hit the super skill shot to the right of the pharaoh ramp).

#582 4 years ago

Post moved to the club thread.

4 weeks later
#583 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wheres that Info coming from?

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Wheres that Info coming from?

Keith Elwin. Pretty good source.

#585 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Keith Elwin. Pretty good source.

Good enough for me!

3 months later
#586 4 years ago

I’ve got New INMD Premium from Jan 2020 with 1.06 code. On Mummy MB IF you are on (usually) ball 3, if you drain the first ball, the flippers will go dead and the other ball drains. This doesn’t happen with other MBs and usually not if you start Mummy on ball 1 or 2.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

This doesn’t happen with other MBs

Mummy Premium requires you to physically lock a ball, the other MBs don't. You have a problem with your trough or the switch where the ball is locked. This is not a bug or code issue.

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from Method_Own:

I’ve got New INMD Premium from Jan 2020 with 1.06 code. On Mummy MB IF you are on (usually) ball 3, if you drain the first ball, the flippers will go dead and the other ball drains. This doesn’t happen with other MBs and usually not if you start Mummy on ball 1 or 2.

Yeah, you probably have a switch issue. The game thinks there is only one ball in play. Check your sarcophagus switches. They are a common problem. The one closest to the Newton ball had to be adjusted on mine.

Welcome to the forum, fellow Lethbridgite!

#589 4 years ago

Wow more of us here all the time! Just wish the friggin wind would quit for a week or ten!

4 weeks later
#590 4 years ago

It would be cool if, when you use one revive (ball drains right or left), you could lane change the revive you have left.

#591 4 years ago

Boo urns, I just did a double take. Stern released new code for Iron Man. I got excited for a fraction of a second as i thought it said Iron Maiden.

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstym:

It would be cool if, when you use one revive (ball drains right or left), you could lane change the revive you have left.

Just experienced that situation and thought exactly what you said

#593 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just experienced that situation and thought exactly what you said

Makes 3 of us...

#594 4 years ago

Hey, they could have made it so when you use a revive on either side, they both go away.
Although then, you could actually relight it without having to use both.

1 week later
#595 4 years ago

More code than I was expecting (due to the current situation) has been released recently, so some work is still being done. Hopefully our update is coming soon.

#596 4 years ago

Hope they leave the 2019 tour dates. Very cool stuff for owners who attended the shows.

#597 4 years ago

There’s a setting to display the tour dates or not, so I would think they let them stay. And the game doesn’t really need another update anyway.

#598 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

There’s a setting to display the tour dates or not, so I would think they let them stay. And the game doesn’t really need another update anyway.

The game has a LOT of bugs as it stands. Definitely needs at least a maintenance update. And Keith said an Iron Maiden update was coming after JP hit 1.00. Last year he estimated that meant January, but JP didn't hit 1.00 until late Feb and they just had a 1.01 release, so I would think IM's is getting close.

#599 4 years ago

Depends on def. of bugs I guess

#600 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Depends on def. of bugs I guess

Getting stuck in ball search so the machine has to be reset is pretty strongly in the "bug" category by any definition. Displaying the wrong score amounts, too. There's plenty on the list that are for-sure 100% bugs by any definition. And then there's two more sections of stuff that should be addressed and wishlist items.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.50
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/12?hl=chief1893 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.