Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.
#501 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm unclear on the specific rules of the game but I had all eddie letter collected on ball 2, drained and reset all the Eddie's letters for ball 3. This is wrong right?

Right, that's wrong.

Unless you were playing multiple games at once and didn't realize it.

#502 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Right, that's wrong.
Unless you were playing multiple games at once and didn't realize it.

Nope. Went from battle being lit to spelling eddie over again.

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Nope. Went from battle being lit to spelling eddie over again.

Do you remember which battle was lit? Might be important.

#504 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do you remember which battle was lit? Might be important.

I was just playing a few rounds and kind of shrugged it off at first .
I couldn't tell you which mode was lit for battle but I am almost positive I have 2 done and it would have been my 3rd mode.
I'll pay more attention if it happens again now

#505 5 years ago

On ball one.
Mariner completed.
Trooper started.
Right post didnt go up at all.
Left post stayed up for about 5 extra seconds before dropping ball 1.
Played out normal from then on.
2nd trooper was normal.

#506 5 years ago

Not sure if this is a bug, but completed all the requirements a couple of times tonight for Cyborg, then the ramps and loops just kept flashing grey and blue and purple I think they are, as if to say - yeah completed, but cyborg and the cards and the devil didn't come up with the callout "Cyborg Multiball Activated" - I think that was the callout anyway... so I play the ball a bit, of course a bit sweaty aaaaand, drain, both times it caught up and all was working but my ball was in the trough by this point... Anyone else?

#507 5 years ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

Not sure if this is a bug, but completed all the requirements a couple of times tonight for Cyborg, then the ramps and loops just kept flashing grey and blue and purple I think they are, as if to say - yeah completed, but cyborg and the cards and the devil didn't come up with the callout "Cyborg Multiball Activated" - I think that was the callout anyway... so I play the ball a bit, of course a bit sweaty aaaaand, drain, both times it caught up and all was working but my ball was in the trough by this point... Anyone else?

Pretty sure your problem is that you need to collect the last power jackpot before you can start Cyborg. If you drain, you lose the chance to collect it but Cyborg will be able to start.

#508 5 years ago

Thanks stevevt - I think you are right here, another friend said this too and now I feel like an idiot, bring on Cyborg tonight!

1 week later
#509 5 years ago

Hi,

Pro 1.06 : when i select a song at the beginning, i launch the ball but the song change several times because i use the flippers...

The skillshot in the loop has disappeared ? I have no more...

Thanks ;o)

#510 5 years ago

Make sure you didnt install premium patch is all I can suggest right now

#511 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi,
Pro 1.06 : when i select a song at the beginning, i launch the ball but the song change several times because i use the flippers...
The skillshot in the loop has disappeared ? I have no more...
Thanks ;o)

I've had it change the song on me a few times after plunging but before the playfield is validated. Maybe they moved song selection off the shooter lane switch to playfield validation?

Here's a new one:
Was in Cyborg Multiball down to 1 ball, collected the ramp, hurry up to collect the orb, got it, auto-launched another ball into play, then it turned ball save on & killed the flippers, ended Cyborg, and launched 1 ball into back into play.

#512 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Was in Cyborg Multiball down to 1 ball, collected the ramp, hurry up to collect the orb, got it, auto-launched another ball into play, then it turned ball save on & killed the flippers, ended Cyborg, and launched 1 ball into back into play

Can you play with madness?

#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Burley9043:

Can you play with madness?

Nope. Pro 1.06. I just have a knack for making Cyborg Multiball do wierd things.

#514 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Nope. Pro 1.06. I just have a knack for making Cyborg Multiball do wierd things.

Is it repeatable?

1 week later
#515 5 years ago

Pro 1.06 - During Trooper Multiball, the lightshow for one of the shots got the GI stuck in a half-on state. This persisted through and after the end of the game, including Fear of the Dark mode. When this happens the bottom LEDs on the slings and the LEDs behind the ? and below the launch gate are off.

I've had this happen 2 or 3 times since I've owned the machine - seems like the game does not totally refresh the state of the GI LEDs at any point and relies on what it thinks is illuminated.

#516 5 years ago

Pro 1.06 - although I think it's a general bug.
Had just entered my highscore initials, and rather quickly after that went into the service menu.
Background music kept on playing.

Normally when you're in attract mode and you enter the service menu, music is disabled.

#517 5 years ago

Got another weird one. Premium 1.06, no way to check again unless glass off and I don't own a machine myself. Had left ramp flashing for mummy lock, but started trooper instead (so the left ramp closed). Played out trooper and got a super jackpot, qualifying the 15 million tomb treasure. Drained out of trooper and the left ramp started opening. Shot the ball up there, it went to the holder behind the sarcophagus. A few animations went off (trooper total, replay animation, etc), then the ball was released and slid back to the playfield. The game then told me to shoot the left ramp to get the tomb treasure....

I had 3x running as well. I think it might be the replay animation, tbh, I've seen that pause mode starts previously.

#518 5 years ago
Quoted from GatoDelFuego:

Got another weird one. Premium 1.06, no way to check again unless glass off and I don't own a machine myself. Had left ramp flashing for mummy lock, but started trooper instead (so the left ramp closed). Played out trooper and got a super jackpot, qualifying the 15 million tomb treasure. Drained out of trooper and the left ramp started opening. Shot the ball up there, it went to the holder behind the sarcophagus. A few animations went off (trooper total, replay animation, etc), then the ball was released and slid back to the playfield. The game then told me to shoot the left ramp to get the tomb treasure....
I had 3x running as well. I think it might be the replay animation, tbh, I've seen that pause mode starts previously.

You can stack multiple tomb treasure's from memory, but collect them individually. So you may have collected a tomb treasure, then it lit for the next one straight away.

#519 5 years ago

Not sure if this one has been posted;
Had balls locked and Mummy multiball ready. Game went into ball search mode for whatever reason (ball hangup somewhere), and during search mode I released the locked ball. Game doesn't recognise 2 balls now in play, so if one drains, ball end's and flippers go dead whilst the other is still in play.
This has happened a couple of times now.

This is for the Premium

#520 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Not sure if this one has been posted;
Had balls locked and Mummy multiball ready. Game went into ball search mode for whatever reason (ball hangup somewhere), and during search mode I released the locked ball. Game doesn't recognise 2 balls now in play, so if one drains, ball end's and flippers go dead whilst the other is still in play.
This has happened a couple of times now.
This is for the Premium

Stern ball management is crap in general. This is common across most of their games when there's a bad stuck ball and ball search happens that releases a ball. JJPs is worlds better on that front. I doubt they'll even look at this so I won't waste time putting it on the list. They know their ball management sucks. They have bigger fish to fry on the system-wide level, like the memory leak that locks up recent spike machines that they're forcibly rebooting games left on 24/7 so they don't lock up on location.

#521 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern ball management is crap in general. This is common across most of their games when there's a bad stuck ball and ball search happens that releases a ball. JJPs is worlds better on that front. I doubt they'll even look at this so I won't waste time putting it on the list. They know their ball management sucks. They have bigger fish to fry on the system-wide level, like the memory leak that locks up recent spike machines that they're forcibly rebooting games left on 24/7 so they don't lock up on location.

Still worth putting on the list. Gotta keep trying.

#522 5 years ago

after owning the game and getting over it i feel that there are some serious issues in the game. not to burst anyones bubble on this but here is my opinion of the code. well it very boring. its a grind all the time. gotta hit so many pops, targets etc. over and over. the modes are meh. shoot the same things over and over. oh yeah mini wizard modes feel no different than any other mode. shoot all the shots over and over. i want the modes to have me do something different than what i already had to do in the pyramids. and ramp ramp ramp ramp gets old really fast. at first i really enjoyed the game and i still do. it just got old really fast. i hope they can revamp the mini wizards and eddie shots.

#523 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

after owning the game and getting over it i feel that there are some serious issues in the game. not to burst anyones bubble on this but here is my opinion of the code. well it very boring. its a grind all the time. gotta hit so many pops, targets etc. over and over. the modes are meh. shoot the same things over and over. oh yeah mini wizard modes feel no different than any other mode. shoot all the shots over and over. i want the modes to have me do something different than what i already had to do in the pyramids. and ramp ramp ramp ramp gets old really fast. at first i really enjoyed the game and i still do. it just got old really fast. i hope they can revamp the mini wizards and eddie shots.

Wizard modes are usually the last thing to be polished, so I would expect some work there, but the rest of it is likely pretty final. I like it more than Metallica, which is VERY grindy and rampy, but if that's not your thing, sounds like it's time for something new for you (or at least a break from the machine).

But this is more a conversation for the club thread and not the bug report thread.

#524 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I think many of these comments could be cut and pasted for any machine. Maiden has 14 shots, and I think the code spreads them out pretty good. I've had other pinball machines with as few as four shots!

1 week later
#525 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

You can stack multiple tomb treasure's from memory, but collect them individually. So you may have collected a tomb treasure, then it lit for the next one straight away.

Nah, I didn't receive the points. I specifically went for the shot because I had 3x running so I was paying close attention to the score

#526 5 years ago

Finished ball 2
Playing extra ball
Fear completed
Trooper collected
Icarus ready to start at center ramp

I shot the left orbit to lock ball 1 of 2nd trooper then shot up the center to start icarus.
I couldnt activate ball lock at all during icarus.
Once icarus ended I was able to hit drops again for lock. Locked a ball up the left orbit but was back to locking ball 1 again.

I'm going to play ball 3 now. Wish me luck

#527 5 years ago

This is a petty complaint and the obvious answer is "play better" or "knock out Aces High first" (which I often do) but I figured it would be worth requesting for a code update:

I like to stack Trooper and Hallowed so once I have a ball locked in trooper I try to hit the left spinner (if necessary) as many times as necessary to get the next mode set as Hallowed. Sometimes I may get Hallowed selected from the get go but have a cheap drain trying to set up trooper. The left spinner shot can be tricky and it is infuriating to get both set up only to drain my second ball without starting a mode then have the third ball mode automatically switch to Aces High. I would love it if there was a menu option to deactivate the default mode for a 3rd ball when no mode has been played to Aces High.

1 week later
#528 5 years ago

On 1.06 with a Premium, the game got confused during Mummy Multiball and started doing weird things like lighting the Mummy lights out of order. Like MY and U were lit, but the first and third Ms were NOT lit, then when I qualified a letter, the M in the 3rd position lit. Never seen behavior like this before, but it may have been related to the machine seeming to be confused when this mummy multiball started.

#529 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

On 1.06 with a Premium, the game got confused during Mummy Multiball and started doing weird things like lighting the Mummy lights out of order. Like MY and U were lit, but the first and third Ms were NOT lit, then when I qualified a letter, the M in the 3rd position lit. Never seen behavior like this before, but it may have been related to the machine seeming to be confused when this mummy multiball started.

I'll assume you know most of the rules but just on the off chance...were you in 3rd mummy? It has roving letters.

#530 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'll assume you know most of the rules but just on the off chance...were you in 3rd mummy? It has roving letters.

I don't *think* so. Pretty sure this happened on the first time in Mummy Multiball. It was like it mixed up the rules from all levels of it.

#531 5 years ago

Just scored a billion something. Pretty sure there must be a major bug for a hack like me to do that . Did finally get a level 2 Eddie card, and scored enough to play Madness--my favorite mode (so far).

#532 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't *think* so. Pretty sure this happened on the first time in Mummy Multiball. It was like it mixed up the rules from all levels of it.

It doesn't matter how many times you've gone into Mummy MB.

Once you have collected the first SJ (and lit the Eddie card) by hitting the correct no' of switches then captive ball, 5 times, you then go into the 2nd stage.

You still need to hit the correct no' of switches to activate the captive ball, but a light starts strobing from M to Y. You have to hit the captive ball when the letter is lit. This means you don't actually have to hit the letters in order.

Once all 5 letters have been hit you get the Lv2 Eddie card.

Completely normal/designed behaviour.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Just scored a billion something. Pretty sure there must be a major bug for a hack like me to do that. Did finally get a level 2 Eddie card, and scored enough to play Madness--my favorite mode (so far).

I'm guessing the Lv2 Eddie card was either Trooper or Cyborg? Getting enough JPs to reach Lv2 card, especially with 3x scoring running, and maybe super slings (which you would have qualified from Tomb Treasure 2) can easily rack up enough points to pass a billion.

Cyborg (resized).jpgCyborg (resized).jpg
#534 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It doesn't matter how many times you've gone into Mummy MB.
Once you have collected the first SJ (and lit the Eddie card) by hitting the correct no' of switches then captive ball, 5 times, you then go into the 2nd stage.
You still need to hit the correct no' of switches to activate the captive ball, but a light starts strobing from M to Y. You have to hit the captive ball when the letter is lit. This means you don't actually have to hit the letters in order.
Once all 5 letters have been hit you get the Lv2 Eddie card.
Completely normal/designed behaviour.

There was no strobing. The lights were solid on or off. It didn't look or behave like any other time I've been in Mummy multiball.

#535 5 years ago

The only real issue I see keep happening is the game lagging behind. For example, a ball will drain and the game will do nothing for 5+ seconds before starting the bonus countdown. It can also get way behind on showing extra ball and mystery award animations. None of this is a game breaker though.

Rob

#536 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The only real issue I see keep happening is the game lagging behind. For example, a ball will drain and the game will do nothing for 5+ seconds before starting the bonus countdown. It can also get way behind on showing extra ball and mystery award animations. None of this is a game breaker though.
Rob

I've noticed this a LOT more on the Premium than the Pro.

#537 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

This.

Also.....
Right orbit to lock 2nd trooper ball
Ball drops and i smack it right back up the inner left orbit to lock ball 3(immediately)......
It zips all the way around and sewers because I was expecting trooper activation. I've had this happen more than once. It's the only time I've seen the loop not register so I dont think it's a switch/opto issue.

#538 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

This.
Also.....
Right orbit to lock 2nd trooper ball
Ball drops and i smack it right back up the inner left orbit to lock ball 3(immediately)......
It zips all the way around and sewers because I was expecting trooper activation. I've had this happen more than once. It's the only time I've seen the loop not register so I dont think it's a switch/opto issue.

It's a coding issue, not just related to the lock.

Once you hit a right loop/orbit, the game needs you to hit another switch (not counting spinner or switch around loop) before hitting the left loop/orbit. Otherwise it just assumes that the spinner is still spinning from the original left loop.

I've had this numerous times when I've hit the right loop, live caught, then hit the left loop - it simply doesn't recognise that you've hit it.

Pretty sure the same is true when going left loop, live catch, right loop - it doesn't register the second loop unless you've triggered a switch elsewhere on the playfield.

There are a few issues like this at various points of the game.
In mb a ball in the pops, will mean that you can't get reward for hitting the lower spinner (even if it's with a different ball) until a second or so after the last pop has been triggered.
If a good hit to the left spinner is the last shot to claim a JP in 2mtm, it often also awards the left spinner JP again, "2 for the price of 1".

Can't see any coding resolution for any of these with the current configuration of switches.

#539 5 years ago

Can someone please let me know of the Eddie cards on the playfield that are associated with certain features? I am not sure which is which

#540 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Can someone please let me know of the Eddie cards on the playfield that are associated with certain features? I am not sure which is which

Mummy (yellow) = Mummy multiball completed, Cyborg (green) = cyborg collected, all points on the pyramid solid, Trooper (blue) = Trooper multiball completed, 2MTM guy (red) = 2 Minutes to midnight collected. If the light is solid, it's a level 1 card. If it's flashing, it's a level 2 card. All Level 1 or better required for Number of the Beast. All Level 2 cards required for Run to the Hills.

#541 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Mummy (yellow) = Mummy multiball completed, Cyborg (green) = cyborg collected, all points on the pyramid solid, Trooper (blue) = Trooper multiball completed, 2MTM guy (red) = 2 Minutes to midnight collected. If the light is solid, it's a level 1 card. If it's flashing, it's a level 2 card. All Level 1 or better required for Number of the Beast. All Level 2 cards required for Run to the Hills.

So the inserts from left to right are mummy, cyborg, trooper, 2mtm?

iron-maiden-pinball-egyptian-archway-1_1024x1024 (resized).jpgiron-maiden-pinball-egyptian-archway-1_1024x1024 (resized).jpg
#542 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

So the inserts from left to right are mummy, cyborg, trooper, 2mtm?[quoted image]

Yes. But this is probably a better line of questioning in the Iron Maiden club thread to keep this thread for just bugs.

#543 5 years ago

Any word on an 1.07 release yet?

#544 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

I'm guessing the Lv2 Eddie card was either Trooper or Cyborg? Getting enough JPs to reach Lv2 card, especially with 3x scoring running, and maybe super slings (which you would have qualified from Tomb Treasure 2) can easily rack up enough points to pass a billion.
[quoted image]

Great guess, it was a Level 2 Trooper card. Wish I could do that more often (or maybe just again)!

#545 5 years ago
Quoted from hiho:

Any word on an 1.07 release yet?

It's way overdue, but given that the last few Stern updates have included the new OS, I think it will finally be arriving soon to deliver the new OS at the same time.

#546 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's way overdue, but given that the last few Stern updates have included the new OS, I think it will finally be arriving soon to deliver the new OS at the same time.

Hmmm...I must have missed this news--what does the new OS offer?

#547 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Great question, and hopefully it includes the new video out on the motherboard for streaming like the new Black Knight has.

#548 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Just check the readme for the Munsters, Deadpool or Batman'66 releases in the last week.

Major takeaways of the new OS:

You can now back up and restore game settings (at last!)

Standard pricing is now $1/play or $5/7 plays (EDIT: I was informed this is not official standard pricing, just a new option in the preset options for pricing).

#549 5 years ago

Yep found it. Here it is:
No mention of video out though. Maybe it just works anyway. Fingers crossed.

- Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings to/from a USB thumbdrive.
- When restoring the settings to the SAME MACHINE, you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL SETTINGS"
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS"
"RESTORE ONLY HIGH SCORES"
"RESTORE ONLY AUDITS"
- When using the saved settings with another machine of the SAME TITLE and MODEL (for example
settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring to a different DeadPool Pro)
you can choose to restore:
"RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS"
- When using the saved settings with another machine of a DIFFERENT TITLE or MODEL (for example
settings file created on a DeadPool Pro and restoring to a Munsters Pro)
you can only choose to restore:
- "RESTORE ALL ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the Standard Adjustments listed below and
all Feature Adjustments.
- "RESTORE ONLY STD ADJUSTMENTS" will restore the following Standard Adjustments:
Custom Message
Custom Pricing
Custom Coin Door
"REPLAY TYPE"
"REPLAY PERCENTAGE"
"REPLAY AWARD"
"REPLAY LEVELS"
"REPLAY BOOST"
"SPECIAL LIMIT"
"SPECIAL AWARD"
"SPECIAL PERCENTAGE"
"FREE GAME LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL LIMIT"
"EXTRA BALL PERCENTAGE"
"GAME PRICING"
"MATCH AWARD"
"MATCH PERCENTAGE"
"BALLS PER GAME"
"TILT WARNINGS"
"TILT DEBOUNCE"
"CREDIT LIMIT"
"FREE PLAY"
"KNOCKER VOLUME"
"START GAME ON CREDIT"
"GAME RESTART"
"TIMED PLUNGER"
"FLIPPER BALL LAUNCH"
"COINDOOR BALL SAVER"
"COMPETITION MODE"
"CONSOLATION BALL"
"PLAYER COMPETITION"
"TEAM SCORES"
"ALLOW HIGH SCORES"
"HIGH SCORE AWARD"
"GRAND CHAMPION AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #1 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #2 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #3 AWARDS"
"HIGH SCORE #4 AWARDS"
"HSTD INITIALS"
"HSTD RESET COUNT"
"COIN INPUT DELAY"
"LOST BALL RECOVERY"
"COIN DOOR DISABLE TILT"
"TIME FORMAT"
"FAST BOOT"
"LANGUAGE"
"PLAYER LANGUAGE SELECT"
"PLAY ATTRACT TUTORIAL VIDEOS"
"ATTRACT MODE B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"GAME PLAY B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
"SERVICE MENU B.BOX BRIGHTNESS"
- Games will now persist ALL SETTINGS after a software update. This functionality will be available
in the game release AFTER the release which uses system 2.24.

#550 5 years ago

I really hope the next update offer a jukebox mode like Metallica has

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/11?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.