Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.
#451 5 years ago

For me, it was a Pro.

#452 5 years ago

Here's a weird one that I've reproduced twice, last did it on 1.05.

In Cyborg Multiball:
-Have outlane revives lit
-Light cyborg jackpot
-Drain the extra balls in play
-A 10 second countdown starts to collect the jackpot
-Drain down an outlane and get revived
-Another countdown starts and plays concurrently with the one that was already running. Eg: 10, 3, 9, 2, 8, 1...

#453 5 years ago

IMDN Pro 1.06 (bug or intentional?). This needs a bit more testing and someone else to confirm. But here’s the readme from 1.06:

- added 'LIMIT RIGHT UP POST USE' - defaults to YES, which will not raise the Right Up Post for mode starts, change to NO to revert to old behavior

For aces high; it does do just as this readme file states. However, if you change the setting to NO, it does not revert to the old behavior. Instead, it doesn’t use either of the up posts.

#454 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Here's a weird one that I've reproduced twice, last did it on 1.05.
In Cyborg Multiball:
-Have outlane revives lit
-Light cyborg jackpot
-Drain the extra balls in play
-A 10 second countdown starts to collect the jackpot
-Drain down an outlane and get revived
-Another countdown starts and plays concurrently with the one that was already running. Eg: 10, 3, 9, 2, 8, 1...

Pro or Premium/LE?

#455 5 years ago

A weird one on an LE with the newest code--hit the first orange arrow shot to bust Eddie out of a manacle, and all the orange arrows turned off as if the mode was over. That never happened on any of the other codes.

#456 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A weird one on an LE with the newest code--hit the first orange arrow shot to bust Eddie out of a manacle, and all the orange arrows turned off as if the mode was over. That never happened on any of the other codes.

You hit the orange arrow and the other ones go off and the captive ball lights up, then hit that and the arrows come back. Hit another arrow and the drop targets light up. Hit all 3 and the arrows light up again.

#457 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro or Premium/LE?

Pro

#458 5 years ago

Pro 1.06

Got the mummy multiball total stuck up on the screen for at least 20 seconds until I locked a ball. It took a few seconds to start the trooper lock animation after locking it.

There was a lot going on and I think the game got confused. Was in Fear of the Dark, started mummy, finished the mode right after ending mummy. It was on the mummy total screen when I shot the soul shard, but it never displayed the soul shard animation. I don't think it showed the Fear of the Dark total screen at all.

#459 5 years ago

From what I am reading

1.06 is possibly buggy ?

1.05 appears to be solid.

Do I update or wait for next drop ?

#460 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

From what I am reading
1.06 is possibly buggy ?

1.06 seems buggier than 1.05. Most of 1.05's bugs plus some new ones. I don't know if I'd say to wait, but it's disheartening they didn't address a bunch of relatively easy bugs on the running list here.

#461 5 years ago

Not a bug, but did anyone else's game update in Spanish? Thought that was odd.

#462 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yes.

They aren't consistent with their code package filenames, why not switch up the language too?

#463 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I had something like this on my pro

#464 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

From what I am reading
1.06 is possibly buggy ?

If you're not in a rush to update then I'd give it a week and see if there's a bugfix release. If you really want the new features and don't mind the update process then go ahead.

#465 5 years ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Pro 1.06
Got the mummy multiball total stuck up on the screen for at least 20 seconds until I locked a ball. It took a few seconds to start the trooper lock animation after locking it.
There was a lot going on and I think the game got confused. Was in Fear of the Dark, started mummy, finished the mode right after ending mummy. It was on the mummy total screen when I shot the soul shard, but it never displayed the soul shard animation. I don't think it showed the Fear of the Dark total screen at all.

I don't think this is new. There's always been some weirdness in the game code where it gets behind what it's supposed to display. I was hoping that a new update would fix this, but it appears not.

Rob

#466 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1.06 seems buggier than 1.05. Most of 1.05's bugs plus some new ones. I don't know if I'd say to wait, but it's disheartening they didn't address a bunch of relatively easy bugs on the running list here.

I read the list and a lot of it seems pretty trivial or just a single report of an issue without any proof to reproduce it. For the most part there isn't really anything outstanding that appears to adversely affect gameplay or scoring.

Rob

#467 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I had something like this on my pro

I don't think you people know how to play Hallowed By The Name LOL. It's working perfectly.
1.) Hit any of the lit arrow shots.
2.) Orange arrows turn off. Hit the flashing captive ball to complete phase 1 of the mode.
3.) Remaining orange arrows re-light. Hit any one of them.
4.) Orange arrows turn off. Hit the flashing drop target bank to completion to finish phase 2 of the mode.
5.) Remaining orange arrows re-light. Hit any one of them.
6.) Orange arrows turn off except the center ramp. Hit the bullseye target to complete Hallowed.
7.) Hit bullseye target again within 10 seconds to collect a well deserved Soul Shard.

#468 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You hit the orange arrow and the other ones go off and the captive ball lights up, then hit that and the arrows come back. Hit another arrow and the drop targets light up. Hit all 3 and the arrows light up again.

Thanks for that. I guess I thought there was a problem as no prompt was made to "hit the captive ball".

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I thought there was a problem as no prompt was made to "hit the captive ball".

She probably says "Shoot the Sarcophagus" kind of confusing, but I really like the mode, keeps you shooting around.

#470 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

She probably says "Shoot the Sarcophagus" kind of confusing, but I really like the mode, keeps you shooting around.

I didn't want to try and spell that...you are right. All the arrows went dark, no callout, I guess I never noticed that before. My favorite mode other than Play with Madness.

Also, I've noticed that the Icarus scoring is much better now with the new code.

#471 5 years ago

Maybe I missed this, but wouldn't it be nice if the outlane rollovers made some kinda sound when activated.
(Yes. Yes is the answer)

#472 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

Maybe I missed this, but wouldn't it be nice if the outlane rollovers made some kinda sound when activated.
(Yes. Yes is the answer)

Raspberry? Fart? A thousand tortured souls crying out?

#473 5 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

(Yes. Yes is the answer)

The outlanes usually result in a callout from The Beast or Clair, or a drain sound.
Perhaps you meant the inlanes ?
I have mentioned this as well.
It is good to know that the inlane switches are working via some audio feedback.
In saying that, I don't think inlanes achieve anything, perhaps that is why coders don't care ?

#474 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

In saying that, I don't think inlanes achieve anything, perhaps that is why coders don't care ?

Yeah, all they do is activate one of the most important features of the game, "activate X"
….and there is a callout for that

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Yeah, all they do is activate one of the most important features of the game, "activate X"
….and there is a callout for that

Yeah but I am surprised by how often I notice no sound when the ball goes over the inline switches. Makes me sad inside.

They could add a little something to fill the void...

For example STTNG with the shuttle-craft swooshing sound the inlanes make. It's like total muscle memory now ball comes down inlane = cool swooshing sound. It needs something.

#476 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

The outlanes usually result in a callout from The Beast or Clair, or a drain sound.
I have mentioned this as well.
It is good to know that the inlane switches are working via some audio feedback.

Speaking of callouts, I would LOVE to have a callout for the amount of the power jackpot. Sometimes it's too hectic to look up and I know I collected it, but knowing how much it was without looking up would be awesome. They'd only have to record 1-19, then 10, 20, 30...up to 90 and the word "million" and the software could put together the clips up to 99 million. Then if you exceed 100 million, there could just be one clip for "100 Plus Million!"

#477 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I thought this was odd, thought I had downloaded the wrong code for a min

#478 5 years ago
Quoted from mummite:

I thought this was odd, thought I had downloaded the wrong code for a min

I just assumed it was because they're so big in South 'Merica.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Speaking of callouts, I would LOVE to have a callout for the amount of the power jackpot. Sometimes it's too hectic to look up and I know I collected it, but knowing how much it was without looking up would be awesome. They'd only have to record 1-19, then 10, 20, 30...up to 90 and the word "million" and the software could put together the clips up to 99 million. Then if you exceed 100 million, there could just be one clip for "100 Plus Million!"

I would rather keep callouts generic actually, it would be totally annoying to hear games calling out scores, where would it stop?. unless,....its,.....50 MILLION!
or ,....,......THIRRRRTTTTTYYYY MILLLLIONNNN!!!!!!
The power Jackpot is also clearly displayed before you collect it, when you collect it, and if you get a high score, After you collect it.

#480 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I would rather keep callouts generic actually, it would be totally annoying to hear games calling out scores, where would it stop?. unless,....its,.....50 MILLION!
The power Jackpot is also clearly displayed before you collect it, when you collect it, and if you get a high score, After you collect it.

I don't want all scores called out, but power jackpot is relatively important and sometimes I accidentally collect it, but can't look up to see what it was. Having it called out would be helpful. Or maybe only call it out if it's over 10 million. That would reduce the frequency, and I'd be fine with that.

#481 5 years ago

Hi. First post on Pinside, long-time reader! Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the static sound coming from this machine? I only notice it when I hit the sarcophagus and it's spelling out M-U....
Sounds like it's coming from the cabinet speaker (sub?) not the backboard. Little thing but driving me nuts!

#482 5 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Hi. First post on Pinside, long-time reader! Has anyone figured out how to get rid of the static sound coming from this machine? I only notice it when I hit the sarcophagus and it's spelling out M-U....
Sounds like it's coming from the cabinet speaker (sub?) not the backboard. Little thing but driving me nuts!

They changed the mix back a few versions ago. Do you have 1.06 installed? If so, is your machine volume loud? You might be clipping the on-board amp.

#483 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't want all scores called out, but power jackpot is relatively important and sometimes I accidentally collect it, but can't look up to see what it was. Having it called out would be helpful. Or maybe only call it out if it's over 10 million. That would reduce the frequency, and I'd be fine with that.

Yeah I agree it would be nice if it would change it up a bit when you collect a really large power jackpot. Also we really can only have one callout for collecting an extra ball?

#484 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah I agree it would be nice if it would change it up a bit when you collect a really large power jackpot. Also we really can only have one callout for collecting an extra ball?

Well, it could be worse. It could be like Wheel of Fortune and have "EXTRA BALL" printed in plain text on the center of the screen.

#485 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

I did.

#486 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They changed the mix back a few versions ago. Do you have 1.06 installed? If so, is your machine volume loud? You might be clipping the on-board amp.

I have 1.06 installed. Mix is at factory. Have volume at default 12.

#487 5 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

I have 1.06 installed. Mix is at factory. Have volume at default 12.

Dunno what to say. 12 isn't that loud. It shouldn't be clipping at that volume, but that or a broken speaker is the only explanation I might have for what you're describing...

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno what to say. 12 isn't that loud. It shouldn't be clipping at that volume, but that or a broken speaker is the only explanation I might have for what you're describing...

Ok. Thx for the help!

#489 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

There's so many cool throwback calls, that I think a Thirrrrrty Millllllllionnnn would be cool somewhere in there.

#490 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

There's so many cool throwback calls, that I think a Thirrrrrty Millllllllionnnn would be cool somewhere in there.

That should stay with BSD

#491 5 years ago

Currently running 1.4 what's the verdict with the post feature on 1.6 ? Have read about this version having issues . Do I need to wait till the next update?

#492 5 years ago

Pretty far in the game (score 480 mil) - ball 2 locked (for 2nd multiball) and that was also the last orbit shot I had to make to collect the last power orbit and last of all the power thingies to collect.
Game shows correct ball 2 locked but doesn't release ball, it stays locked on the up post in the left orbit. Game goes in ball search and I can continue playing.

#493 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Pretty far in the game (score 480 mil) - ball 2 locked (for 2nd multiball) and that was also the last orbit shot I had to make to collect the last power orbit and last of all the power thingies to collect.
Game shows correct ball 2 locked but doesn't release ball, it stays locked on the up post in the left orbit. Game goes in ball search and I can continue playing.

May need to try a switch test ?

#494 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Check the post. Sometimes they stick up even though they've been released.

1 week later
#495 5 years ago

Most will probably find this silly, but it's "wishlist" so here goes.

I installed a knocker in IMDN, and I set the Grand Champion score to receive 2 credits. In Terminator 2, for example, that causes the knocker to go off twice - once per credit. In IMDN, the knocker still only goes off once, regardless. I'd like the knocker to match the number of credits earned, just like T2 does.

#496 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Most will probably find this silly

Nah, sounds like a legit bug to me. Granted, probably too low on the priority list to ever get fixed, but still... definitely shouldn't work like that.

#497 5 years ago

Had another bug today. Had the Trooper lock qualified so the arrows were flashing green. Hit the center ramp to start Fear of the Dark, as soon as the ball released hit the upper loop with the small purple arrow to get the party started right away. Dropped the ball to the left flipper to make the right ramp shot to double the spinner and missed, hitting the right orbit instead. Post came up, but machine stopped doing anything. It didn't give the ball locked animation and did not release the ball so I could continue Fear of the Dark until ball search released the post. Then a little bit later I got the lock animation from before while I was playing the rest of Fear of the Dark. Definite bug.

#498 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Most will probably find this silly, but it's "wishlist" so here goes.
I installed a knocker in IMDN, and I set the Grand Champion score to receive 2 credits. In Terminator 2, for example, that causes the knocker to go off twice - once per credit. In IMDN, the knocker still only goes off once, regardless. I'd like the knocker to match the number of credits earned, just like T2 does.

Yeah, that's more a straight up bug, not a wishlist item. Added.

#499 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's more a straight up bug, not a wishlist item. Added.

I felt a little silly asking, but thanks to both of you for validating.

#500 5 years ago

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm unclear on the specific rules of the game but I had all eddie letter collected on ball 2, drained and reset all the Eddie's letters for ball 3. This is wrong right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/10?hl=spadeofaces18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.