1.01 is out so I just brought 1.00 forward and will take off any bugs in 1.00 that are fixed. This thread is for the bugs you've found in Iron Maiden 1.01. I'll keep the OP updated with all bugs noted in the thread so Stern can have a nice all-in-one-place list for their reference.
If you report a bug in the thread, please note if it's the [Pro] or [Prem/LE].
V1.01.0 - June 20, 2018
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where draining while loop jackpots hasn't timed down yet causes no big loops to be registered for the rest of the game for all players
- Loop Jackpots - fixed an issue where when loop jackpots are lit and ball jumps the right up post you are no longer awarded 2 loop jackpots
- Mystery Award - 3M points award changed to 5M
- Mystery Award - 5M points award changed to 10M
- Mystery Award - 250K power jackpot boost changed to 1M
- Mystery Award - 1M power jackpot boost changed to 3M
- Mystery Award - 5M power jackpot boost changed to 6M
- Mystery Award - Level 3 award added 'Spot Soul Shard' which can be awarded once after completing 2 mins to midnight
- Tomb Award - add number of possible tomb awards to the tomb award title (Pharaoh's Tomb Treasure #n / 10)
- Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots
- All Mode Grace Periods - grace period shots are now still available if you do not qualify for soul shard
- Cyborg Multiball - fixed an issue with the wrong icons on the LCD changing to solid when those shot types were hit on the playfield
- Cyborg Multiball - icon layout on the LCD now matches the playfield inserts
- Number of the Beast - add sound effect on total screen for total reveal
- Sound / Speaker Test - added all music and speech to test
- Enter Initials - can now skip display of all high score awards by pressing both flipper buttons
- High Score Tables - change 'Supersling Champion' from hit based to score based numbers
- High Score Tables - change '? Master' to say 'Hits' instead of 'Combos'
- High Score Tables - screen optimized to fit better into memory
- Topper - added topper light shows
- Competition Mode does not alter TILT DEBOUNCE time from default 1000ms
- Improved font drawing performance
- System - Updated to V2.04
- Added adjustments for backbox and cabinet speaker types to the service menu UTIL->VOL.
Supported speaker types are "8 OHM" and "4 OHM".
The amplifier power curve is appropriately adjusted for the selected speaker type.
- Added Maintenance Reboot support. The game will automatically reboot if it has
been on for more than 48 hours and has been idle for at least 15
minutes. A 15 second notification display will be presented and can be
postponed by pressing both flipper buttons, inserting a coin/bill, or starting a game.
- Updated 'TILT DEBOUNCE' minimum value to 750ms to avoid overly conservative configurations.
- Adjustment Changes:
- changed 'SUPERSLING CHAMPION' - to reflect scores instead of sling hits
- removed 'SONG SELECT TIMEOUT'
- removed 'SONG SELECT EVERY BALL'
- removed 'START MADNESS MODE'
V1.00.0 - June 6, 2018
- Run to the Hills - ultra wizard mode added
- Skill Shot - added Super Secret Skill shots
- Super Slings - added a total screen when the ball ends
- Loop Jackpots - added a total screen when the ball ends / loop jackpot timer expires
- Mummy Multiball - Mummy Super Jackpots are now showing the total multiplier for level 2 jackpots not just the bullseye multiplier
- Hallowed be thy Name - decrease the final escape shot from 15M to 10M
- Fear of the Dark - right spinner will not end the lit spinner phase until 2 seconds after the last shot was made
- Two Minutes to Midnight - fixed an issue where you could be awarded the left spinner jackpot twice if it was the last shot lit
- Two Minutes to Midnight - fixed an issue where the outlane drain speech is heard when the ball saver is active
- Cyborg Multiball - added intro sound effect when mode title is displayed
- Cyborg Multiball - added audible timer to single ball play timer
- Eddie Cards - added speech for level 2 Eddie card collection
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue where lighting the Cyborg Eddie card last would allow you to start the Number of the Beast before Cyborg Multiball
- Eddie Cards - fixed an issue if you lost to the Beast you couldn't re-light the Mummy Eddie card
- Tomb Award - the 50M point award now also awards a random level 2 Eddie card
- Sarcophagus Lock - added instructional text to display effect
- Multiplayer - added additional Beast callout variations when "Player X - You're Up" speech happens
- Playfield Validation - served balls to the shooter lane will now autoplunge when playfield is invalid after first skill shot attempt
- Audits - added all tomb award levels
- Audits - added for Number of the Beast mode
- Improved stability
- System - Updated to V2.03
- DIAG->NODE->COMM test would occasionally falsely report address collisions, this has been corrected.
- Adjustment Changes:
- 'EXTRA BALL/POWER SHOTS COMPLETE' - now allows 'NO EXTRA BALLS' as a minimum, and 5 as a maximum
- added 'LOOPS TO AWARD EXTRA BALL' - awards extra ball when loop number is met, can be set to 'NO EXTRA BALLS', defaults to 50
- 1 - [ALL] Game becomes unresponsive or locks up after 2-3 days if left on 24/7. EDIT: Now can happen in less than 2 days with 1.00. Version 1.01 added a maintenance reboot every two days, but the bug in the game remains.
- 2 - [Prem/LE] If you start a 2 player game and on the second player ball, when scrolling thru the song list before launching the ball, it will abruptly go into ball search and launch the ball into play.
- 3 - [Prem/LE] Diagnostics have the number wrong for Shooter Lane switch. Tech alert reports it as SW #14, but manual says SW 22.
- 4 - [Pro] If service credits are added rapidly while the bonus is being counted at the end of a ball, sometimes there is no music for the next ball until a mode starts.
- 5 - [Pro] Changing the volume mid-game can make it go silent.
- 6 - [Prem/LE] After draining to one ball on a Mummy MB with a ball in the captive ball lock, the ball was dumped into the underworld, which immeditely started Cyborg MB that was lit prior to starting Mummy. I don't think a free Cyborg start is intended in that instance.
- 7 - [All] Selected song for general play was Trooper, and mid ball, I believe coming out of Trooper MB, the song got stuck playing that same few bars over and over until I started a mode that caused a song change.
- 8 - [Pro] Trooper Multiball happens, but it's running with a single ball. Post #12 in this thread details the conditions this happened (which seem like they should be the ones that give you a 4 ball trooper multiball).
- 9 - [Prem/LE] When a tomb award is lit on the left ramp the arrow blinks white/red indicating a double award of an Eddie letter and the tomb award or ball lock, but you currently cannot collect an Eddie letter when the tomb is open. See post #43 for more detail.
-10 - [All] Formatting error. If you have a partial credit (1/2, 3/4, etc) it spills over the on-screen container at the top that displays Ball # and Credits.
-11 - [Prem/LE] 4 ball Trooper multiball and both left and right revive lit. In one fell swoop, a ball went down the left outlane and a second ball went down the right! The revive lights both turned off but the balls never came back to the playfield.
NOT A BUG BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- Timing on beginning of Trooper Multiball is off. If you drain after it starts (the long intro animation and blue shots lit) but before it starts launching the extra balls, it will never launch the rest of the balls and the ball just ends.
- Flasher in the upper left pop bumper should be re-programmed so it works like Magneto's spotlight/flasher on X-Men. Pulse it quickly in software to make it behave like a light normally, then give it full power when you want it to work like a flasher. This works great in X-MEN with LED flashers (confirmed when the bulb was replaced), so it should be done on Maiden, too.
- Add EDDIE letters needing completion to the main screen, similar to the way REVIVE is done. Sometimes if a lot is going on, there's a long lag before you can see the EDDIE screen again to know where you are.
- Add Team Scores to the features
- On the beginning of the attract mode loop, it would be nice to have a v1.00 (or whatever the version is) displayed in the bottom center of the screen so players on location know what version is installed without rebooting to find out.
- Add jukebox mode like AC/DC has for attract mode
- Auto-launch time option for up to 5 minutes. 0-60 seconds, then jump to 300 seconds for the last choice.
- Float most-used system menu categories to the top, so the things you access the most end up first in each section so less button presses are required to get tech reports, for example.
- Get rid of the counter-intuitive "attenuation" scheme for volume levels and move to a simple volume control for music, speech, and effects that can be turned to ZERO. The "music attenuation" setting only goes to 60, and the music is still easily audible at that level.
- Instead of a boring "Player 1, Player 2," etc for player tags at the bottom of the screen, it could grab names from a list of potential player tags like Rocker 1, Headbanger 2, Thrasher 3, etc. Lots of possibilities to grab from: Rocker, Poseur, Poser, Mosher, Headbanger, Freak, Metalhead, Thrasher, Reaper, Rockstar, Wannabe, Alcoholic, Grinder, Metal Fan, Pinhead, Victim, Fan...
- Make the sacophagus lock flasher (under the PF facing up through the mech) pulsate when a ball is being loaded into it. Basically start pulsating when a ball is detected at the "gate" until it's been loaded and the mech has returned to level. Let's throw some attention/light onto the cool stuff!
- Add more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc.
- It doesn't say "Up the Irons" when you get a high score anymore? Can we have that back?
- Different replay animation that is more fitting for game theme. This one looks like its from the matrix.
- More of a Metal-looking, less generic font, at least for the large text. Here's a comparison of existing font to a more metal-attitude font:
[Fixed 1.01] - [All] Potential looping bug where the left loop stops advancing or registering, even after draining and a new ball. See post #52 for more details.
[Fixed 1.01] - [Pro] Feature adjustment #159 on the pro will freeze and reboot the game if you change it from its default. Likely because Can I play with Madness that adjusts doesn't exist on the Pro.
[Addressed 1.01] - A little looser timing on end-of-mode grace periods. That mode summary screen comes up WAY too quickly now.
[Addressed 1.01] - Allow start button (new game start) or flippers to skip the mode highscore screens. Especially after a new update wipes the scroes clean, initial games can give highscores for multiple modes. After entering initials it'll show the high scores achieved for each of the modes. This needs to be skippable or bypassed with Start to just start another game. Watching this should not be forced like it is now.