Cyborg (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160830 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181113_160825 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181112_211140 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
8EF9DA62-89C7-44B7-BB50-831A7F470708 (resized).png
20180609_165348 (resized).jpg
maiden-compare (resized).jpg

There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.
#1 5 years ago

1.08 is out so I just brought 1.06 forward and will take off any bugs in 1.06 that are fixed once I can check them. This thread is for the bugs you've found in Iron Maiden 1.06. I'll keep the OP updated with all bugs noted in the thread so Stern can have a nice all-in-one-place list for their reference.

If you report a bug in the thread, please note if it's the [Pro] or [Prem/LE].

==================================

BUGS REMAINING:
-----------------------------------------

- 1 - [ALL] Game becomes unresponsive or locks up after 2-3 days if left on 24/7. EDIT: Now can happen in less than 2 days with 1.00. Version 1.01 added a maintenance reboot every two days, but the lockup bug in the game remains as of 1.06, with scheduled reboots daily to stop the lockups. The core problem/memory leak needs to be addressed in the code.
- 2 - [Pro] [CONFIRMED STILL IN 1.04] If service credits are added rapidly while the bonus is being counted at the end of a ball, sometimes there is no music for the next ball until a mode starts.
- 3 - [Prem/LE] After draining to one ball on a Mummy MB with a ball in the captive ball lock, the ball was dumped into the underworld, which immeditely started Cyborg MB that was lit prior to starting Mummy. I don't think a free Cyborg start is intended in that instance.
- 4 - [Prem/LE] When a tomb award is lit on the left ramp the arrow blinks white/red indicating a double award of an Eddie letter and the tomb award or ball lock, but you currently cannot collect an Eddie letter when the tomb is open. See post #43 for more detail.
- 5 - [Pro 1.02] [Confirmed still in 1.04 - rare] Playing with Icarus or Hallowed going (don't remember which), stacked with Mummy Multiball. Hit one ramp, only had to hit the other ramp to qualify 3 ball multiball for Mummy, lost a ball just as I hit the orb, which kicked out an add a ball. Hit the other ramp to complete the initial mummy multiball qualification and should have given me the third mummy multiball, but no ball was gained, so it stayed 2 balls for the whole rest of the mode. This happened on a Pro in 1.04 with a Icarus mode stare, mummy stack, then two ramps qualified and no 3rd ball happened.
- 6 - [All Still in 1.06] Game repeating the command to shoot up the middle while entering my high score initials. Something is definitely wacky there. I've also seen it say "Showtime" and "Shoot the Pharaoh Target" in the match sequence. Needs to shut down all game callouts once it gets to the match screen.
- 7 - [Pro 1.02] Playing Iron maiden, made it to Number of the Beast. Got the beast's health down to zero, then flippers died like they should but the game just kept ball searching - I had turn it off.
- 8 - [Pro 1.02] [Confirmed Still in 1.04] The post for mummy lock does not freeze the loop jackpot timers, so you can lose a good 5 seconds off your loop jackpot timer if you light the sarcophagus lock, then hit the center ramp with the green arrow while the loop jackpot timers are lit. If your loop jackpot timer is within 5 or so seconds of ending, hitting that center ramp and triggering the post will snuff the loop jackpot timer because the timer keeps running even while the post is up and the ball is not in play.
- 9 - [All 1.03][Confirmed half-assed fixed in 1.05 - now it interrupts the animation and starts multiball as soon as you change the volume and drops the ball(s) already in lock. This is not a proper fix.] If you crank up the volume with STERN'S SPIKE 2 EXTERNAL VOLUME CONTROLLER (sold separately) during the trooper multiball animation, it will release the locked ball and not shoot the other balls into play and continue trooper as a 1 ball multiball. This is a continuation of a system-level (Lonnie!?!) bug since at LEAST Spiderman where if you change volume setting using the Stern External controller with a ball locked during a game animation it'll cancel the animation and resume play. Happens on SM, SW, TWD, IMDN, etc
- 10 - [Pro 1.04] Tomb treasure was lit. Did a 5-way combo, ending with the tomb treasure right orbit as the 5th shot. It gave me the 5-way combo guitar animation and took away the tomb treasure light, but the post didn't stop the ball and give me the treasure award animation like it should have even though the treasure was awarded.
- 11 - [All 1.04][STILL A VERIFIED BUG in 1.06] The high score screen progression in attract mode is missing a screen as it goes forward. If you run it regularly forward, the Hallowed Be Thy Name Escape Artist screen that should be between the Icarus Champion and Aces High screens is missing. However if you go BACKWARDS through the list with the left flipper, it's there. Check the progression of screens in the forward direction so all the screens are there in both directions. In 1.05 it was ALMOST fixed. If you let the screens go forward at normal speed, the screen is there. HOWEVER, if you advance (fast forward) the screens using the right flipper button, the screen is still missing. It's there in the reverse (left flipper) fast forward, though. In 1.06 NOTHING WAS DONE for this EASY bug.
- 12 - [Pro 1.05] While looking at status info (with a ball trapped on flipper) Replay value actually shows current bonus value.
- 13 - [All] Mystery award audits seem to be off by at least 15-20%.
- 14 - [Pro 1.02] [Confirmed Still in 1.05] The timing for ball ending score add-up is messed up if the "POWER JACKPOT INCREASED" or the "BATTLE IS LIT/SHOOT THE PHARAOH" messages comes on screen just as the ball drains. Takes a good 6-8 seconds for that screen to clear so the game can go into end of ball when that happens.
- 15 - [Pro 1.05] Had another weird one. Got a super loop jackpot for like 15 million then hit the right orbit, which was flashing green and red (trooper lock and treasure?). It locked the ball, got that animation, but did NOT get the treasure and it never let the lock post down, despite shaking, jiggling, bouncing the machine to loosen the post if it was stuck. Had to wait for ball search to release the ball.
- 16 - Icarus timers can freeze, leaving you in the mode. See post here for details: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/9#post-4709888
- 17 - [All Verified in 1.05] REVIVE is still buggy within the mode start ball save period. In a mode (Aces High, but can't remember). Revive was active on both outlanes, and the ball save was also active because it was the start of the mode. The ball went down one of the outlanes, and the callout indicated the ball was being returned, lost the lit Revive.
- 18 - [Pro 1.05] If you have 2 balls locked and pharaoh tomb award is lit and you shoot the right orbit to both collect the tomb award and start multiball, the game freaks out for a bit and doesn’t know what to do. Eventually it releases the call and throws the other 2 into play.
- 19 - [Prem/LE 1.06] <Report1>During a trooper multi ball auto plunge, I soft plunged the third ball (2nd of the auto plunges) to try and hit the skill shot target. Accidentally plunged it to the left outlane instead (like a super secret skill shot). Game kicked out a replacement third ball...and then gave me the ball back from the outlane, so started trooper with 4 balls. Hit the cannon shot for a 5th. When I went back to 1 ball, it didn't go to bonus. <Report2>Yeah, there's definitely a bug in 1.06 related to that as I had something similar happen. Details are sketchy for me, but I was in a mode (Trooper I think but can't guarantee it). A ball auto-launched, and went out the left drain while Revive was active. I paid attention to see if I'd lose my Revive even though the timer was still on for free balls -- I was happy to see that Revive stayed lit, but then two balls launched instead of one.
- 20 -[Pro 1.06] added 'LIMIT RIGHT UP POST USE' - defaults to YES, which will not raise the Right Up Post for mode starts, change to NO to revert to old behavior
For aces high; it does do just as this readme file states. However, if you change the setting to NO, it does not revert to the old behavior. Instead, it doesn’t use either of the up posts.
- 21 - [Pro 1.05, still in 1.06] In Cyborg Multiball:
-Have outlane revives lit
-Light cyborg jackpot
-Drain the extra balls in play
-A 10 second countdown starts to collect the jackpot
-Drain down an outlane and get revived
-Another countdown starts and plays concurrently with the one that was already running. Eg: 10, 3, 9, 2, 8, 1...
- 22 - [All 1.06] Set the Grand Champion score to receive 2 credits. In B/W games that causes the knocker to go off twice - once per credit. In IMDN, the knocker still only goes off once, regardless. Should knock once for each credit awarded.
- 23 - [Pro 1.06] Had the Trooper lock qualified so the arrows were flashing green. Hit the center ramp to start Fear of the Dark, as soon as the ball released hit the upper loop with the small purple arrow to get the party started right away. Dropped the ball to the left flipper to make the right ramp shot to double the spinner and missed, hitting the right orbit instead. Post came up, but machine stopped doing anything. It didn't give the ball locked animation and did not release the ball so I could continue Fear of the Dark until ball search released the post. Then a little bit later I got the lock animation from before while I was playing the rest of Fear of the Dark. Definite bug.
- 24 - [Pro 1.06] Had just entered my highscore initials, and rather quickly after that went into the service menu. Background music kept on playing.
- 25 - [Still a problem in 1.06, resurrected from "fixed" list] Changing the volume mid-game can make it go silent until the next ball.
- 26 - [1.06] Loop Jackpot stayed frozen on through multiple modes, game eventually warned twice and tilted. Next ball was back to normal. See details here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features/page/13#post-5748172
- 27 - [1.08] Prem/LE If you do the second shot of HBTN (aka already hit one shot then the sarcophagus) onto the left ramp and the tomb is open on a premium, it'll load the ball into the tomb but not launch another and get stuck until the ball search cycle that empties the tomb.

NOT A BUG BUT NEEDS ATTENTION:
- [All 1.04] Add EDDIE letters needing completion to the main screen, similar to the way the REVIVE icon works. Sometimes if a lot is going on, there's a long lag before you can see the EDDIE screen again to know where you are. The prompt to hit the white arrows in 1.03 is okay, but if you know you need to do that already, it still doesn't tell you how many letters are left if other things are going on (like the REVIVE icon does).
- [Pro 1.02] When you TILT, the on-screen devil is blabbing away in silence until the laughter catches up out of sync. This needs to be synced or just have the devil's mouth not move on-screen. Also, the "TILT" message is kind of boring. It would also be cooler if the Devil had a selection of sick burns to taunt you for tilting. He could also do bad things like pluck the wings off fairies and/or throw mewing kittens into the fire because you TILTed, making the player feel worse.
- The stock sound mix is backwards from what a music pin should have. If I crank the volume it sounds like some asshole is turning the music down everytime a sound effect is being played, and then back up. Super annoying. It should sound like a loud bar where Maiden is cranking at a nice steady level and you can hear the SF and speech “behind” the music, not in front of it.

WISHLIST ITEMS:
- OS-level check before flashing to prevent Pro code from accidentally being flashed on a Prem/LE and vice-versa.
- It would be cool if, when you use one revive (ball drains right or left), you could lane change the revive you have left.
- Chained Skill Shots should be a thing for a player's machine like this. Chaining multiple shots in a row at the beginning of the ball increases the skill shot award. Something like Dialed In does where you make the skill shot, then when it ejects, if you immediately hit the ramp, you get a super skill shot award. Make it 2, 3 or even 4 shots deep. If you can make the precise shots in succession without hitting anything else, and in a short time, you should be rewarded well, and it would be very satisfying.
- Timed pricing. Pool tables have this, why doesn't pinball? Have pricing automatically adjust up or down at different times of the day/week.
- Would be nice to have a special bonus or score if you catch the ball and immediately smack the ball back into the under-ramp scoop during the Rime hurryup at the beginning before the 1 million even begins counding down on Prem/LEs (pro doesn't have the ramp flap).
- There's a "Holy Smoke" callout by the devil in the game. It'd be funnier to have him exclaim "Unholy Smoke!"
- It would be nice to have a callout for the amount of the power jackpot. Sometimes it's too hectic to look up and I know I collected it, but knowing how much it was without looking up would be awesome. You'd only have to record 1-19, then 10, 20, 30...up to 90 and the word "million" and the software could put together the clips up to 99 million. Then if you exceed 100 million, there could just be one clip for "100 Plus Million!"
- Why is there no intro for the pin's story (which is lined up with the iOS game) in the attract mode? Something that puts you in the world. After a defeat the hero Eddie has to collect his soul shards to fight again the beast. He got help from the clairvoant. They could use most of the trailer for the handheld game (see post #343 for link to youtube video of this trailer)
- Drop Target bank reset coil could use a strength adjustment. As it is now, it's using WAY more force than needed.
- Audible countdown for the last 5 seconds of Soul Shard hurryup would be helpful
- Add Team Scores to the features
- On the beginning of the attract mode loop, it would be nice to have a v1.00 (or whatever the version is) displayed in the bottom center of the screen so players on location know what version is installed without rebooting to find out.
- Make machine gun hit effects with the shaker motor in Aces High mode.
- Add jukebox mode like AC/DC has for attract mode
- Float most-used system menu categories to the top, so the things you access the most end up first in each section so less button presses are required to get tech reports, for example.
- Get rid of the counter-intuitive "attenuation" scheme for volume levels and move to a simple volume control for music, speech, and effects that can be turned to ZERO. The "music attenuation" setting only goes to 60, and the music is still easily audible at that level.
- Instead of a boring "Player 1, Player 2," etc for player tags at the bottom of the screen, it could grab names from a list of potential player tags like Rocker 1, Headbanger 2, Thrasher 3, etc. Lots of possibilities to grab from: Rocker, Poseur, Poser, Mosher, Headbanger, Freak, Metalhead, Thrasher, Reaper, Rockstar, Wannabe, Alcoholic, Grinder, Metal Fan, Pinhead, Victim, Fan...
- [Prem/LE] Underworld dunk: You shoot the ball immediately back into the ramp hole before the ramp has a chance to close. Gravestone target award would be good here.
- Make the sacophagus lock flasher (under the PF facing up through the mech) pulsate when a ball is being loaded into it. Basically start pulsating when a ball is detected at the "gate" until it's been loaded and the mech has returned to level. Let's throw some attention/light onto the cool stuff!
- Add more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc.
- It doesn't say "Up the Irons" when you get a high score anymore? Can we have that back?
- Different replay animation that is more fitting for game theme. This one looks like its from the matrix.
- Add back the system option to keep the same song for the whole game (don't re-ask per ball)
- Profiles for game settings so one machine adjustment set can be saved under a name, and selecting that name changes all the settings to the ones specified under that set name. Profile 1 - Tournament settings, Profile 2 - Free Play day, kids and rookies, Profile 3 - 2 for 1 day, Profile 4 - Other route location
- More of a Metal-looking, less generic font, at least for the large text. Here's a comparison of existing font to a more metal-attitude font:
maiden-compare (resized).jpgmaiden-compare (resized).jpg

--------------------------------------------
FIXED BUGS / ADDRESSED ISSUE & WISHLIST ITEMS:

[Fixed in 1.08] - Flasher in the upper left pop bumper should be re-programmed so it works like Magneto's spotlight/flasher on X-Men. Pulse it quickly in software to make it behave like a light normally, then give it full power when you want it to work like a flasher. This works great in X-MEN with LED flashers (confirmed when the bulb was replaced), so it should be done on Maiden, too.
[Fixed 1.01] - [All] Potential looping bug where the left loop stops advancing or registering, even after draining and a new ball. See post #52 for more details.
[Fixed 1.01] - [Pro] Feature adjustment #159 on the pro will freeze and reboot the game if you change it from its default. Likely because Can I play with Madness that adjusts doesn't exist on the Pro.
[Addressed 1.01] - A little looser timing on end-of-mode grace periods. That mode summary screen comes up WAY too quickly now.
[Addressed 1.01] - Allow start button (new game start) or flippers to skip the mode highscore screens. Especially after a new update wipes the scroes clean, initial games can give highscores for multiple modes. After entering initials it'll show the high scores achieved for each of the modes. This needs to be skippable or bypassed with Start to just start another game. Watching this should not be forced like it is now.
[Fixed 1.02] - [Pro] Trooper Multiball happens, but it's running with a single ball. Post #12 in this thread details the conditions this happened (which seem like they should be the ones that give you a 4 ball trooper multiball).
[Fixed 1.02] [All] Formatting error. If you have a partial credit (1/2, 3/4, etc) it spills over the on-screen container at the top that displays Ball # and Credits.
[Addressed 1.02] - Auto-launch time option for up to 5 minutes. 0-60 seconds, then jump to 300 seconds for the last choice.
[Addressed 1.02] - [Prem/LE] Sarcophagus sneak: You shoot the sarcophagus lock ramp when lock is lit before the diverter opens fully, or you shoot the ramp when the diverter is fully open but soft enough that it doesn't lock and rides the full ramp instead. This one is far more difficult to achieve, so maybe an extra ramp hit toward super ramps and/or maybe an eddie letter? (Dirty pool callout added)
[Addressed 1.02] - Secret Skill shots should be OFF when Tournament mode is selected
[Addressed 1.02] - Secret Skill shot point distributions need to be evened out so the bonus is commensurate with difficulty.
[Addressed 1.02] - Timing on beginning of Trooper Multiball is off. If you drain after it starts (the long intro animation and blue shots lit) but before it starts launching the extra balls, it will never launch the rest of the balls and the ball just ends.
[Fixed 1.04] Modes are being started while in The Trooper multiball with 1.03. This is new behavior, seen with Rime, Fear, and Icarus modes so far. Is this a bug or a feature? Formerly mode access was shut off if you weren't already in one when The Trooper started.
[Partially addressed in 1.04, default is now 225] - Likewise the trough eject is really way too hard at the default of 255. Factory should be around 180-200 so it doesn't beat the machine to death.
[Fixed 1.04] If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, the next ball starts with the song at a lower volume, so maybe it's losing or changing the attenuation settings ball to ball?
[Fixed 1.04] If you start a 2 player game and on the second player ball, when scrolling thru the song list before launching the ball, it will abruptly go into ball search and launch the ball into play.
[Fixed 1.04] If you add a player to the game while starting Trooper-Multiball, it limits Trooper to a single ball multiball
[Fixed 1.04] Diagnostics have the number wrong for Shooter Lane switch. Tech alert reports it as SW #14, but manual says SW 22.
[Fixed 1.04] 4 ball Trooper multiball and both left and right revive lit. In one fell swoop, a ball went down the left outlane and a second ball went down the right! The revive lights both turned off (lost them) but the balls never came back to the playfield. Confirmed (1.02) in level 2 Trooper Multiball (Green Arrows). Lost two balls left and right with revive lit on both and didn't get them back. This has been reported on Mummy Multiball, too.
[Fixed 1.04] Changing the volume mid-game can make it go silent.
[Fixed 1.04] Updated my LE yesterday the knock is totally faded. Just a "prrrt" sound instead of a loud knock. All other sounds are fine. Bass is set to 110 on this machine.
[Fixed 1.06] Audits need some serious attention. Going through my audits as I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.05, and I noticed it said I only have 11 left drains, 12 right drains, and 669 center drains? Unless I'm misunderstanding what a left/right drain is, that seems way off? I seem to lose balls on the left/right drains way more commonly than I do down the center, and the idea of only 11/12 is laughable. Also in 1.05 Audits 94-96, relating to Rime all read zero.
[SEEMS fixed in 1.06] [All 1.03/1.04] Coil strength for slings was changed from 1.02 so now even a properly gapped sling switch will often multi-fire or machine-gun until the gaps in the switches are made comically wide, or the coil strength is turned down in the new settings. The debounce and/or default coil strength in the settings needs to be reduced so it behaves more like 1.02.
[Root problem seems fixed in 1.06, so no need for this anymore] - [All 1.03] 1.03 defaults for sling strength should be around 20-25. At 32 they are too hard and tend to make the switches re-close and the slings machine-gun.
[Addressed 1.06 - changed to 2MTM screen]- [All] On a related note, the TILT warning visuals need work. Just the word DANGER on a black screen is pretty low-effort.
--------------------------------------------
ONE TIME BUGS / NON-REPEATABLE, NOT ADDRESSED:

- [All] Selected song for general play was Trooper, and mid ball, I believe coming out of Trooper MB, the song got stuck playing that same few bars over and over until I started a mode that caused a song change.
- [LE 1.02?] Was playing a LE on location. Played like 3-4 games. Achieved a replay once. But then i noticed a bug at my very last game. The replay value was at 175M I ended the game with 298M without getting a replay credit for that game. There may be a bug in the replay awards when the dynamic score threshold is increased in successive games.
- [Pro 1.02] At the end of fear of the Dark, the ball drained and something happened so the screen went nuts in a weird Fear of the Dark attract mode with the screen glitching like crazy. Video linked in post #248 here.

#2 5 years ago

It would be nice if the LCD said which Sarcophagus lock # you are on. It's kind of confusing when a lock happens and how many are actually locked. Maybe even put "Lock 2 more for multiball" "Lock 1 more lock for multiball" or whatever.

Also, a couple of times the shooter lane music loop keeps playing for the entire duration of the ball in play

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

It would be nice if the LCD said which Sarcophagus lock # you are on. It's kind of confusing when a lock happens and how many are actually locked. Maybe even put "Lock 2 more for multiball" "Lock 1 more lock for multiball" or whatever.
Also, a couple of times the shooter lane music loop keeps playing for the entire duration of the ball in play

I thought the sarcophagus lock was just to qualify the MUMMY lights so you can activate Mummy Multiball? On the Premium/LE you load the ball into the captive ball, then qualify the MUMMY lettering to advance to Mummy Multiball. On the Pro, you just qualify by lighting MUMMY then hitting the center Ramp to qualify the MUMMY lettering. MUMMY Multiball is always a 2 ball multiball with add-a-ball options.

Is that what you're talking about? Or did I misunderstand?

#4 5 years ago

The music doesn't just cut out when you add service credits - it cuts out when you adjust the volume mid-game, too.

Also, I wouldnt get your hopes up for a font change. That's the typeface they use across all of the Legacy of the Beast branding.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The music doesn't just cut out when you add service credits - it cuts out when you adjust the volume mid-game, too.
Also, I wouldnt get your hopes up for a font change. That's the typeface they use across all of the Legacy of the Beast branding.

Added the volume change bug, too. Was that a Pro or a Prem/LE? I just listed it as "all".

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought the sarcophagus lock was just to qualify the MUMMY lights so you can activate Mummy Multiball? On the Premium/LE you load the ball into the captive ball, then qualify the MUMMY lettering to advance to Mummy Multiball. On the Pro, you just qualify by lighting MUMMY then hitting the center Ramp to qualify the MUMMY lettering. MUMMY Multiball is always a 2 ball multiball with add-a-ball options.
Is that what you're talking about? Or did I misunderstand?

You are right! I need to pay attention more what is happening - still learning all the rules but I think I am 95% there, thanks dude!

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
Added the volume change bug, too. Was that a Pro or a Prem/LE? I just listed it as "all".

It was done on a Pro.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

It was done on a Pro.

Thanks, updated the OP.

#9 5 years ago

I've seen two things on my LE since upgrading.

1. Not sure if this is a bug or intended but feels unintended: After draining to one ball on a Mummy MB with a ball in the captive ball lock, the ball was dumped into the underworld, which immeditely started Cyborg MB that was lit prior to starting Mummy. I don't think they want a free Cyborg start in that instance.

2. Selected song for general play was Trooper, and mid ball, I believe coming out of Trooper MB, the song got stuck playing that same few bars over and over until I started a mode that caused a song change.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

I've seen two things on my LE since upgrading.
1. Not sure if this is a bug or intended but feels unintended: After draining to one ball on a Mummy MB with a ball in the captive ball lock, the ball was dumped into the underworld, which immeditely started Cyborg MB that was lit prior to starting Mummy. I don't think they want a free Cyborg start in that instance.
2. Selected song for general play was Trooper, and mid ball, I believe coming out of Trooper MB, the song got stuck playing that same few bars over and over until I started a mode that caused a song change.

I've seen #2 on the Pro, but forgot about it until you mentioned it. Added both to the OP, thanks!

#11 5 years ago

Posted this on Tilt Forums, but I'll also post here.

1.0 Pro

I had a single ball trooper multiball. Here are the steps that I think can recreate this state.:

- have mummy multiball ready
- have third lock lit for trooper multiball
- graze captive ball to start mummy and collect third trooper lock simultaneously.

This will start a single ball trooper multiball. No additional balls are launched into play. You are stuck in this multiball mode until you drain your single

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from Spraynard:

Posted this on Tilt Forums, but I'll also post here.
1.0 Pro
I had a single ball trooper multiball. Here are the steps that I think can recreate this state.:
- have mummy multiball ready
- have third lock lit for trooper multiball
- graze captive ball to start mummy and collect third trooper lock simultaneously.
This will start a single ball trooper multiball. No additional balls are launched into play. You are stuck in this multiball mode until you drain your single

That setup is supposed to give you a 4 ball trooper multiball, but I've had it give me a single ball trooper, too.

Thanks for the writeup. I've added it to the OP.

#13 5 years ago

Just upgraded to 1.0 today (Prem/LE), and played a few games. Two different times I made a shot to load a ball into Trooper multiball lock, and it killed the power to the flippers. Going to try and manually recreate it now to see if I can determine what is causing that.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Just upgraded to 1.0 today (Prem/LE), and played a few games. Two different times I made a shot to load a ball into Trooper multiball lock, and it killed the power to the flippers. Going to try and manually recreate it now to see if I can determine what is causing that.

Did the power come back once the "Ball Locked" animation was over? I haven't heard of anyone with this issue yet, but if it's on purpose in 1.00 on the Prem/LE, it's a terrible idea because sometimes the posts don't get the ball and you have a ball loose while the "Ball Locked" animation is playing. That would be a disaster with dead flippers.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

Sorry, but this is just bitching rather than a "bug".
It is not an intended purpose of the machine.
When playing the game, you should be playing the game, not trying to add service credits and adjust volume.
They have the music play during volume adjustment anyway, and if you have a key, put it on free play!!
I mean come on, you're clogging a bug thread with crap that is just not relevant.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did the power come back once the "Ball Locked" animation was over? I haven't heard of anyone with this issue yet, but if it's on purpose in 1.00 on the Prem/LE, it's a terrible idea because sometimes the posts don't get the ball and you have a ball loose while the "Ball Locked" animation is playing. That would be a disaster with dead flippers.

Yes came back. I’ve been having multiple issues all day with this game...spitting out multiple balls in the shooter lane, multi ball going and I hit an upper target (don’t know which one) and it ends the ball). I don’t know what is going on. I checked switches, reseated connectors, looked for broken wires... can’t find what is causing these issues. It’s almost as if a target and the ball drain switch are confused.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Sorry, but this is just bitching rather than a "bug".
It is not an intended purpose of the machine.
When playing the game, you should be playing the game, not trying to add service credits and adjust volume.
They have the music play during volume adjustment anyway, and if you have a key, put it on free play!!
I mean come on, you're clogging a bug thread with crap that is just not relevant.

Relevant to you or not, it is a bug. That's not expected behavior. They can choose to fix it or not, but it's documented.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yes came back. I’ve been having multiple issues all day with this game...spitting out multiple balls in the shooter lane, multi ball going and I hit an upper target (don’t know which one) and it ends the ball). I don’t know what is going on. I checked switches, reseated connectors, looked for broken wires... can’t find what is causing these issues. It’s almost as if a target and the ball drain switch are confused.

Sounds like your ball trough optos are intermittent or not working right (or you have too many balls loaded in the game). Have you cycled through clearing the ball trough a few times from the menu? That shows what balls it thinks are in the trough as it cycles through. If it disagrees with reality, start debugging there.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

More
Sounds like your ball trough optos are intermittent or not working right (or you have too many balls loaded in the game). Have you cycled through clearing the ball trough a few times from the menu? That shows what balls it thinks are in the trough as it cycles through. If it disagrees with reality, start debugging there.

Yes manually plunged the balls out of the trough and went into switch test mode. Rolled them back in one at a time to make sure each switch got triggered. They did.

#20 5 years ago

LE/premium code: When a tomb award is lit on the left ramp the arrow blinks white/red indicating a double award of an Eddie letter and the tomb award or ball lock, but you currently cannot collect an Eddie letter when the tomb is open.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

LE/premium code: When a tomb award is lit on the left ramp the arrow blinks white/red indicating a double award of an Eddie letter and the tomb award or ball lock, but you currently cannot collect an Eddie letter when the tomb is open.

Thanks, added to the OP!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Yes manually plunged the balls out of the trough and went into switch test mode. Rolled them back in one at a time to make sure each switch got triggered. They did.

If you leave the ball trough loaded and go into the clear ball trough mode but do not unload balls, if you hit the playfield with the palm of your hand near the flippers to create vibration, to any of the ball indicators flicker (showing intermittent opto)?

If that doesn't do it, this is probably more for the tech section. I'd make a post in that section to continue.

#23 5 years ago

I wish we had a simple music volume control that goes all the way down to OFF. The "music attenuation" setting only goes to 60, and the music is still easily audible at that level.

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I wish we had a simple music volume control that goes all the way down to OFF. The "music attenuation" setting only goes to 60, and the music is still easily audible at that level.

Yeah, I don't understand the stupid, counter-intuitive "attenuation" settings, either. I'll add this to the wishlist. I'd like to see it, too.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you leave the ball trough loaded and go into the clear ball trough mode but do not unload balls, if you hit the playfield with the palm of your hand near the flippers to create vibration, to any of the ball indicators flicker (showing intermittent opto)?
If that doesn't do it, this is probably more for the tech section. I'd make a post in that section to continue.

I will try this tonight. Thank you. I gotta guess a sticky switch in the trough is causing most of these issues.

#26 5 years ago

Wishlist - skip the mode highscore screens with flipper buttons or let the player already start a new game.
Especially now with new update the first games I play give me highscores for multiple modes.. after entering my initials it'll show for each of the modes what score I had. I can't skip this - flipper buttons or start buttons don't work ? I don't want to know and wait, I just want to play another game.
Or is there a setting I'm not aware of ?

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Wishlist - skip the mode highscore screens with flipper buttons or let the player already start a new game.
Especially now with new update the first games I play give me highscores for multiple modes.. after entering my initials it'll show for each of the modes what score I had. I can't skip this - flipper buttons or start buttons don't work ? I don't want to know and wait, I just want to play another game.
Or is there a setting I'm not aware of ?

I agree - I hate that I can't just start another game right away. Added to the OP.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

I will try this tonight. Thank you. I gotta guess a sticky switch in the trough is causing most of these issues.

Following up...I checked this last night. Banged on the playfield near the slings with my hands and nothing happened with the trough switches. I'm at a loss as to why one game I will have a perfect working game; then others I will have my turn end while I still have a ball in play. Sometimes I'll even have just one ball in play, hit a switch somewhere and the flippers die and that turn is over. Super frustrating. Part of me thinks there is so much going on at one time that the code isn't sufficient enough to cover all the possibilities? I've tested every switch individually; all register fine in test mode. My hunch is the sarcophogus switches causing this problem. Like the ball getting knocked out of there but the upper switch doesn't sense it left so I drain one of the two balls and the game thinks there was only one ball on the playfield. Is that logical?

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Relevant to you or not, it is a bug. That's not expected behavior.

What's not expected behavior is people changing volume and adding service credits mid-game.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

My hunch is the sarcophogus switches causing this problem. Like the ball getting knocked out of there but the upper switch doesn't sense it left so I drain one of the two balls and the game thinks there was only one ball on the playfield. Is that logical?

Very logical, no would be my guess as well. I believe this has happened to a few folks with the premium. If you haven’t already check out the Iron Maiden Issues thread a lot of good info in there.

#31 5 years ago

Wish - a new replay animation. This one looks like its from the matrix.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Wish - a new replay animation. This one looks like its drom the matrix.

Agreed that it does seem out of place. Added to OP wishlist.

#33 5 years ago

Feature adjustment #159 on the pro will freeze and reboot the game if you change it from its default.

Would be nice if someone can confirm this anyway. I did it once and don’t plan to try again

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Feature adjustment #159 on the pro will freeze and reboot the game if you change it from its default.
Would be nice if someone can confirm this anyway. I did it once and don’t plan to try again

What adjustment is that, and how soon does it reboot? I'll try it if it's an instant thing just to verify it's not your machine alone.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What adjustment is that, and how soon does it reboot? I'll try it if it's an instant thing just to verify it's not your machine alone.

It’s for the new can I play with madness mode which doesn’t exist in the pro. So I assume that’s why it barfs when you make the adjustment. And it’s instant.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Very logical, no would be my guess as well. I believe this has happened to a few folks with the premium. If you haven’t already check out the Iron Maiden Issues thread a lot of good info in there.

Thanks, Matt.

Does anyone know how the sarcophagus lock keeps the locked ball in there? Is it held in place by a post until mummy multiball is active and available?

#37 5 years ago

Not sure if this has happened or not on other games, but on ocassion the ball will jump the rail at the very end of its path And right into the drain on that left ramp.
It would be nice if the code could recognize that you just hit that ramp and the next switch was a drain, even if it was just a five second recognition.

On aces high, at the very beginning of the mode as a ball is being fed, I’ve hit that loop with the other ball and it won’t credit the shot, I’ve also hit it consecutively with the ball being fed, so two shots to it and it still hasn’t registered, in other words, it takes a few seconds while the second ball is on the playiekd before you can get that shot to register.

#38 5 years ago

Suggestion/wishlist item:

Make the sacophagus lock flasher (under the PF facing up through the mech) pulsate when a ball is being loaded into it. Basically start pulsating when a ball is detected at the "gate" until it's been loaded and the mech has returned to level. Let's throw some attention/light onto the cool stuff!

Long-shot Wishlist item:

Add 6 more Maiden songs that you can select to listen to while you are playing. Surely there must be enough storage available for this, and all you really need is a single graphic image for each song when it appears in the selection list. Zero impact on gameplay, etc. this should be easy.

#39 5 years ago

As a guy that does audio for a living, the thing that bothers me greatly is the lack of adjustments that can be made to the audio. You can't turn up the music for fuck sake..... you can slightly turn it up with the
-attenuation, but no where near enough. Attenuation is not volume! Totally different..... Google it. If you have music attenuation set at -60 and drain a ball, next ball starts with the song at a lower volume.... that is a bug. The attenuation sounds like they are using compression to attenuate and it blows. The whole audio menu is a bug. Everything is being attenuated behind the sound effects.....Ideally, VOLUME control for all three settings.... voice, sfx, and music. I want to be able to turn the music up on my music pins. I had more control of music volume on .97 Rant over

#40 5 years ago

My game seems to take longer to boot up with the 1.0 update. Anyone else?

#41 5 years ago

This has nothing to do with IM specifically however why aren’t there team scores anymore? Should be super easy to code and i love the feature.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

My game seems to take longer to boot up with the 1.0 update. Anyone else?

Yes, I noticed this too, stays dark for longer than usual.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Stratman:

Echo this. I was one card away from NOTB. At that level only the ramps are lit for getting "EDDIE" letters and the left ramp was only redeeming the tomb awards and not awarding an EDDIE letter. It was really frustrating, as I hit the ramp enough times to have spelled Eddie, which would have allowed me to start Two Minutes to Midnight lighting the fourth Eddie card, which in turn would have lit the wizard mode, Number of the Beast... But I drained trying to get the letters from subsequent additional ramp shots. Oh well...20180609_165348 (resized).jpg20180609_165348 (resized).jpg

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s for the new can I play with madness mode which doesn’t exist in the pro. So I assume that’s why it barfs when you make the adjustment. And it’s instant.

Got it. Added to the OP, thanks.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Not sure if this has happened or not on other games, but on ocassion the ball will jump the rail at the very end of its path And right into the drain on that left ramp.
It would be nice if the code could recognize that you just hit that ramp and the next switch was a drain, even if it was just a five second recognition.
On aces high, at the very beginning of the mode as a ball is being fed, I’ve hit that loop with the other ball and it won’t credit the shot, I’ve also hit it consecutively with the ball being fed, so two shots to it and it still hasn’t registered, in other words, it takes a few seconds while the second ball is on the playiekd before you can get that shot to register.

The ball jumping the ramp rails is being discussed in the issues thread. Doesn't need a software fix, just some hardware tweaking.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I can confirm this as I tried it after updating my game and it froze up. I powered it off before it could reboot.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Echo this. I was one card away from NOTB. At that level only the ramps are lit for getting "EDDIE" letters and the left ramp was only redeeming the tomb awards and not awarding an EDDIE letter. It was really frustrating, as I hit the ramp enough times to have spelled Eddie, which would have allowed me to start Two Minutes to Midnight lighting the fourth Eddie card, which in turn would have lit the wizard mode, Number of the Beast... But I drained trying to get the letters from subsequent additional ramp shots. Oh well...

Wow, so that's what three lit Eddie card lights look like--cool! I figured all 4 of my Eddie Card lights must not work...

#48 5 years ago

Since download 1.00 when you push the flippers it scores points and makes noise? Strange. Is this a code issue or problem. Did not happen until i downloaded code 1.00. Any ideas?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Since download 1.00 when you push the flippers it scores points and makes noise? Strange. Is this a code issue or problem. Did not happen until i downloaded code 1.00. Any ideas?

Bang on the playfield and see if same points are awarded. Typically, it’s a sling shot switch registering. May need to be adjusted.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Your lower captive ball is mis-firing. Lots of us have had this issue. Just gap the switch.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 664 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-bugs-and-features and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.