• 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_2022-09-14-09-11-46-201_com.android.chrome (resized).jpg
402794D7-CF7D-450D-8688-B1C7DA7B79C4 (resized).jpeg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

EDIT: Updated for changes since 1.00

Skill shot: Hit target with the flashing skill shot arrow at launch. 1 Million + Eddie Letter
Super Skill shot: Hard plunge, which drops to upper left mini flipper. Hit Super Jackpot target to collect 15 million + 2x playfield + 10 sec ballsaver

Super Secret Skill Shots:
1. [Updated for 1.02] Soft plunge straight into the left outlane. Value: 20 Million points + 10 sec ball save! (also works with a full plunge around the orbit that goes into the left outlane immediately)
2. Soft plunge straight into left inlane. Value 5 Million + 10 sec ball save!
3. Full plunge around the top of PF then 3 orbits in a row off upper right flipper. 15 Million + 10 sec ball save!
4. Hold Left flipper up, full plunge, and one time shot to the orb. 10 Million, plus boost power jackpot X
5. Soft plunge to flipper without hitting a switch, then hit the bullseye. Value 6 Million + 5 sec ball save!
6. [Same in 1.02] Soft plunge to left flipper then hit right orbit. 6 Million + 10 Seconds ball save

Have you found any?

#2 5 years ago

Light plunge, Shatz the left inlane 25M plus 10 second ball save

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from TBK:

Light plunge, Shatz the left inlane 25M plus 10 second ball save

Isn't that the same as #4 already in the OP?

#4 5 years ago

#2 is echoes of Congo. Surely not an accident.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't that the same as #3 already in the OP?

Nope... 25 M vs 5 M. Shatz target is above inlane.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Nope... 25 M vs 5 M. Shatz target is above inlane.

#3 Change to soft plunge to flipper, then shatz ball into left inlane and up to hit shatz target.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

#3 Change to soft plunge to flipper, then shatz ball into left inlane and up to hit shatz target.

Of course simply soft plunge to flipper then hit shatz target may work too. If at all possible.

1 week later
#8 5 years ago

I am totally missing something with the super skill shot: I hold the left flipper button down before plunging, which lights the insert for super skill shot, but as soon as the ball passes the opto after the plunge the super skill shot light goes off and even though I am hitting that top switch it does nothing.

I am sure I am doing something wrong and stupid, but any obvious ideas what that is? Does it clear the super skill shot chance if you drop the lower left flipper?

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I am totally missing something with the super skill shot: I hold the left flipper button down before plunging, which lights the insert for super skill shot, but as soon as the ball passes the opto after the plunge the super skill shot light goes off and even though I am hitting that top switch it does nothing.
I am sure I am doing something wrong and stupid, but any obvious ideas what that is?

Pro or Prem/LE?

If you have a Prem/LE go in switch test mode glass-off and smack the playfield with the palm of your hand to see if it triggers any other switches when you launch. It sounds like maybe the captive ball is registering from the launch vibration, ending the skill shot mode prematurely.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pro or Prem/LE?
If you have a Prem/LE go in switch test mode glass-off and smack the playfield with the palm of your hand to see if it triggers any other switches when you launch. It sounds like maybe the captive ball is registering from the launch vibration, ending the skill shot mode prematurely.

Premium. Maybe I’ll have to readjust the captive balls (again). Good suggestion, I will check.

#11 5 years ago

I believe I did a soft plunge to left flipper and shot right orbit which awarded me 8 mil

#12 5 years ago

Checked switch test: No misfiring switches. I can’t even get super secret skill shots to work, even if I simulate them with the glass off.

One possibly related thing... when I do attempt any of the super skill shots, a song isn’t chosen and any flipper press keeps changing the songs with the ball in play until a switch is finally hit. Is this normal?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

No misfiring switches. I can’t even get the super secret skill shots to work if I force them with the glass off in fact.
One possibly related thing... when I do attempt any of the super skill shots, a song isn’t chosen and any flipper press keeps changing the songs with the ball in play until a switch is finally hit. Is this normal?

Does your shooter lane switch register and transition to off when you roll a ball over it, then roll it away manually? Sounds like it's not registering right.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Does your shooter lane switch register and transition to off when you roll a ball over it, then roll it away manually? Sounds like it's not registering right.

When I trigger the shooter lane switch by pressing it down, it triggers the kicker about a second later. I can see it is registering a bit when I stop pressing it.

The shooter lane switch seems kind of flimsy, like it is flopping around (see pic) Is it supposed to be floating like that?

402794D7-CF7D-450D-8688-B1C7DA7B79C4 (resized).jpeg402794D7-CF7D-450D-8688-B1C7DA7B79C4 (resized).jpeg
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

2. Soft plunge straight into the left outlane. Value: 25 Million points + 10 sec ball save!

My embarrassment turned into amusement when I accidentally found this one!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

When I trigger the shooter lane switch by pressing it down, it triggers the kicker about a second later. I can see it is registering a bit when I stop pressing it.
The shooter lane switch seems kind of flimsy, like it is flopping around (see pic) Is it supposed to be floating like that?

Looks about right. Put the game in switch test mode, then drop a ball in the shooter lane and see if any other switches fire or release when the auto launcher kicks the ball. Film the screen in slo-mo on your camera if switches register too fast to see what's going off.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

My embarrassment turned into amusement when I accidentally found this one!

Yeah, if you can get good at being bad, it's a very valuable shot.

#18 5 years ago

What other game has this many skill shots? Its crazy. It seems like Stern is just letting these guys do pretty much whatever they want on this game (which is good).

#19 5 years ago

Nice thing too is you can turn ball save off for regular play and/or the skill shots. This will probably be used in tournaments.

#20 5 years ago

This soft plunge to the inlane has me baffled. I can hit skill shot, but never that inlane for sss. Guess I'll keep trying.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This soft plunge to the inlane has me baffled. I can hit skill shot, but never that inlane for sss. Guess I'll keep trying.

If you suck real bad, it's simple. I did it by accident. Repeating it takes skill.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks about right. Put the game in switch test mode, then drop a ball in the shooter lane and see if any other switches fire or release when the auto launcher kicks the ball. Film the screen in slo-mo on your camera if switches register too fast to see what's going off.

Solved. Shooter lane switch wasn’t registering >90% of the time on ball (amazing how explixitly pressing it works 100% of the time... I am dumb) Thanks for your suggestions!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Solved. Shooter lane switch wasn’t registering >90% of the time on ball (amazing how explixitly pressing it works 100% of the time... I am dumb) Thanks for your suggestions!

Yeah, that's why I said to use the ball to test the switch. Pressing the shooter lane switch with your finger is an unreliable test (as you've found out). Glad it's fixed! Now get practicing that super skill shot!

#24 5 years ago

Found a new super secret skillshot: soft plunge to flipper and then hit the bullseye. Was either 6 or 8 million.

#25 5 years ago

That Newton ball is a major pain in the ass to adjust just right.

#26 5 years ago

Just got the houseball drain to the outlane SUPER skill shot worth 25m....nice surprise...+ ball save of course.
Ball before that---full plunge and then hit 3 orbits in row off top rt flipper 15m I believe, but SUPER skill shot.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Found a new super secret skillshot: soft plunge to flipper and then hit the bullseye. Was either 6 or 8 million.

6 Million. I just got it, too!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

6 Million. I just got it, too!

The problem is, I am never actually pulling the plunger anymore - there are so many good light skillshots I am just bumping the plunger on every start!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's why I said to use the ball to test the switch. Pressing the shooter lane switch with your finger is an unreliable test (as you've found out). Glad it's fixed! Now get practicing that super skill shot!

Thanks for documenting this as I think I have the same issue as couldn't get the super skill shot with glass off.

#30 5 years ago

Update.

I also made mistake of using finger to test shooter lane switch - works 100%.

With a ball rolling over it - 0%!

I have one of these on while I was waiting for cliffys.

https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-shooter-lane-protector

I guess it has altered the switch gap so I need to open or close the switch - not sure which yet!

And there I was wondering why on earth I couldn't get the super skillshot!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Update.
I also made mistake of using finger to test shooter lane switch - works 100%.
With a ball rolling over it - 0%!
I have one of these on while I was waiting for cliffys.
https://pu-parts.com/iron-maiden-shooter-lane-protector
I guess it has altered the switch gap so I need to open or close the switch - not sure which yet!
And there I was wondering why on earth I couldn't get the super skillshot!

I hate that polyurethane sleeve thing for that reason. A Cliffy set or just thick mylar, custom cut is the best choice all day long for the shooter lane.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

2. Soft plunge straight into the left outlane. Value: 25 Million points + 10 sec ball save!

Also got this skillshot awarded after making a full plunge around the orbit and then immediately draining through the left outlane.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Also got this skillshot awarded after making a full plunge around the orbit and then immediately draining through the left outlane.

Noted in the OP, thanks!

#34 5 years ago

Played some games last night with a friend and of course he got two secret skill shots. When I asked what did you do? His response...I don't know. doh!!!

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

2. Soft plunge straight into the left outlane. Value: 25 Million points + 10 sec ball save! (also works with a full plunge around the orbit that goes into the left outlane immediately)

Just want to say how much f'ing horsesh-t this is..

This literally destroyed my final round at Bat City. There's no bloody way in hell that thing should be worth 25 million. Relative to most of the other scoring in the game, if someone were to dial this in and make it all 3 balls in a tournament...75 million points. That's going to be *well* over 10% of their score, and if it's set up like the one in that tournament was, it's more likely that 75 million will be closer to 50% of their total score.

Just absolutely DERP A DERP DEE DERP stupid. Congo did it right, value and difficulty. IM screwed this one up and it needs to be adjusted down a little, or at LEAST nerfed in tournament mode. It's definitely not nearly as hard as some of the others.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This literally destroyed my final round at Bat City. There's no bloody way in hell that thing should be worth 25 million. Relative to most of the other scoring in the game, if someone were to dial this in and make it all 3 balls in a tournament...75 million points. That's going to be *well* over 10% of their score, and if it's set up like the one in that tournament was, it's more likely that 75 million will be closer to 50% of their total score.
Just absolutely DERP A DERP DEE DERP stupid. Congo did it right, value and difficulty. IM screwed this one up and it needs to be adjusted down a little, or at LEAST nerfed in tournament mode. It's definitely not nearly as hard as some of the others.

I will agree that the points awarded are not distributed by shot difficulty. I think when tournament mode is on, you should have access ONLY to regular and super skill shots. No secret skill shots. In fact, I'll add this to the wishlist on the 1.01 bug and wishlist thread.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

In fact, I'll add this to the wishlist on the 1.01 bug and wishlist thread.

Thanks, I'm not keeping up with all the IM threads..I've barely even been on here the last two weeks, and much to eveyone's enjoyment I suspect... so I'm glad to announce that's a likely trend to continue. LOL.

#38 5 years ago

Hold Left flipper up, full plunge, and one time shot to the orb = 10m, plus boost power jackpot X. (+5 seconds ball save if enabled)

I’ve tried numerous combinations of only the right flipper up as well as both flippers up. Haven’t found the others yet.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

This just happened to me last night in competition and I was looking for this thread to complain lol
Total BS...that’s a ton of points.

#40 5 years ago

This is dope, thank you!

1 week later
#41 5 years ago

Any updates on the revised skill shot points for the revised software?

Most curious about #1, the soft plunge straight into the left outlane, in regular (not tournament) mode.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

Any updates on the revised skill shot points for the revised software?
Most curious about #1, the soft plunge straight into the left outlane, in regular (not tournament) mode.

Soft plunge directly to the left outlane is now 20 million. v1.02

Soft plunge directly to the left inlane gives five or six million and some ball save, probably +5 seconds.

#43 5 years ago

Still haven't found the MXV SSSS. I'm resisting the urge to remove the glass and try everything by hand.

2 months later
#44 5 years ago

so just to clarify - for the standard super skill shot ("Hard plunge, which drops to upper left flipper. Hit Super Jackpot target to collect.") - you want to plunge it hard enough to get part way up the loop and drop down to the left flipper?
(when i hard plunge with the left button on the ball mainly goes all the way around to the upper right flipper. wanted to make sure i'm not missing something obvious....)

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Still haven't found the MXV SSSS. I'm resisting the urge to remove the glass and try everything by hand.

I got this a couple of days ago. I think I did a hard plunge to the upper left flipper, hit it around the orbit back to upper left flipper then into the area with the color changing beacon. Basically like the normal 15 million skill shot but with an orbit first. I got 55 million I believe.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from dmj1977:

so just to clarify - for the standard super skill shot ("Hard plunge, which drops to upper left flipper. Hit Super Jackpot target to collect.") - you want to plunge it hard enough to get part way up the loop and drop down to the left flipper?
(when i hard plunge with the left button on the ball mainly goes all the way around to the upper right flipper. wanted to make sure i'm not missing something obvious....)

Pull the plunger back all the way and then let it go back in maybe 20% should get you close to having it stop half way around the orbit and drop back to the upper left flipper.

#47 5 years ago

It seems like the best shot to go for is the shot to the left outlane. Reasonable chance to get it, plus if you miss you may get the left inlane or the ball to your flipper without hitting a switch to try for the bullseye shot.

Would you agree?

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from bruinfan:

It seems like the best shot to go for is the shot to the left outlane. Reasonable chance to get it, plus if you miss you may get the left inlane or the ball to your flipper without hitting a switch to try for the bullseye shot.

That's my exact plan assuming ball save is on. Sometimes you even get lucky on an errant flip and hit the right orbit.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I so rarely pull off the "congo plunge" that I gave up trying for it. My plunger doesn't have that "controllable" feel to it.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I so rarely pull off the "congo plunge" that I gave up trying for it. My plunger doesn't have that "controllable" feel to it.

Which version do you have? I have an early pro with a softer plunger spring than all the premiums & LEs I've played. So much better for soft plunging, but it can be hard to set up the top flipper skill shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Wanted
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-maiden-100-and-up-super-secret-skill-shot-listing/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.