• 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0030 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s certainly over now.

Good game. We finally have a top 4 controversy, was beginning to worry this year mght go without. I'd still pick Alabama over Auburn in another meetup.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not really. Wisconsin wins they are in, Clemson or Miami wins and they are in, Oklahoma wins they are in, sec champ is in. Only drama is if Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose.

I can see Auburn and GA getting in from the SEC, unless there is some rule against it.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not a chance. Only the winner next week out of those two. Bama May get in still though in addition to the winner.

Sounds just like controversy.

#25 6 years ago

I only follow acc and sec games, but if GA wins it is in, Auburn would have three losses and be gone. With 1 loss could AL join GA as each have one loss?

If Auburn wins they are in and have 2 losss. With 1 loss could AL join Auburn cause it's record is better.

Don't teams # 1-4 go, or has the formula changed? Even after rankings come out, it seems to me that Auburn, GA and AL are in the running still and for two potential places. Winner of Clemson vs Miami is in.

#28 6 years ago

new AP rankings are out -

Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Auburn with Alabama in fifth and needing someone above it to lose. Then I see Georgia and Miami.

So if Clemson and Auburn both win, they are in. If OK or WI lose, AL would be in without going to their conference title game (this makes them the third best in the SEC and behind GA). Poor GA (I don't see how they dropped so much after beating GA Tech this past weekend, and really pissing me off).

IMG_0030 (resized).PNGIMG_0030 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#33 6 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Saban is a genius. Threw the Auburn game to get his guys some extra rest and spare them an unnecessary game.

^^ Wow AL made it and finished in the top 4 spots (this is the criteria for being selected) and is heading to the playoffs, as surmised above after the Ironbowl. AL should be the third best team in SEC since they didn't make the conference game. Instead, AL finishes ahead of Auburn, whom they lost to. I really want to see AL and GA in the final game to see how good GA is. I'd agree whomever wins that is a great team. Clemson is prett BA also and deserves to be in the final game. Being an SEC/ACC fan I have watched little of OK, but feel they won't win their first round.

#34 6 years ago

Might as well make our predictions, boys. First round I'll say

AL over Clemson by 1 and

GA over OK by 14 points

Final game will be GA over AL by 10.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not seeing it. AL has not been as dynamic on offense without Kiffin and their secondary is injury riddled. Clemson has a great chance to win that game and probably should win. Oklahoma and GA is an interesting game. GA does everything really well but doesn't stand out a lot. Oklahoma has the most dynamic deep pass game I have ever seen. GA will be able to run on them but can they stop that pass game. I wouldn't be surprised if both SEC teams lose. You never can tell though as there's nothing but great teams left with amazing coaching staffs.

Biggest change in AL's favor is they have 3 of 6 linebackers back, with other 3 expected by playoffs. Can you imagine AL defense with a stepped up secondary? Their six best linebackers healthy and looking to kick some butt. Schedule is out and playoffs are on Jan 1 and AL will be playing OK, so will need to update the projections. Other news, GA lost one player for infractions.

AL over OK by 7

GA over Clemson by 1

Finals - GA over AL by 2

All games look like tough matchups. What sort of predictions do you have?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 10.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffspinballpalace.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/iron-bowl-2017?tu=jeffspinballpalace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.