Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0030 (resized).PNG

#1 3 years ago

Today's the day! The #1 Alabama Crimson Tide face off against the #6 Auburn Tigers in the amazing Mercedes dome in Atlanta at 2:30 this afternoon. Whoever you pull for, it should be an epic football game. Let me be the first to say ROLL TIDE ROLL!

#2 3 years ago

Alabama favored by 4 to 5-1/2 points

#3 3 years ago

My house will be pulling for Auburn this year. The LSU aTm game tonight should also be really good.

#4 3 years ago

Lol, typical bandwagon Bammer! Doesn't even know where the game is being played hilarious! Everybody's a fan when you're on top. WDE!

#5 3 years ago

December 2, 2017
SEC Football Championship Game
at Mercedes-Benz Stadium -- Atlanta, GA

SEC East Champs Georgia Bulldogs -vs- SEC West Champs *tbd* (Alabama or Auburn)

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Rasslinmoron:

Lol, typical bandwagon Bammer! Doesn't even know where the game is being played hilarious! Everybody's a fan when you're on top. WDE!

Oops, I misread that. The Tide will just have to beat the WDE players on their own turf. Been a Tide fan for many decades, just a simple mistake on the location of the game, that's all.

#8 3 years ago

Late in 3rd Q, Auburn up 20 to 14, but Bama lookin to make a field goal to tighten up the score.

#9 3 years ago

One of the better games I’ve watched this year. Auburn has them on the ropes for sure.

#10 3 years ago

Gosh, two crazy bad snaps in row!!!! Wish Bama would have made mistakes like that against us.

#11 3 years ago

Game over

#12 3 years ago

Not at all. This is college ball and things strange happen. Bama driving again.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not at all. This is college ball and things strange happen. Bama driving again.

Yes it is. Alabama looks completely lost and is not even close to the best team on the field.

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It’s certainly over now.

Good game. We finally have a top 4 controversy, was beginning to worry this year mght go without. I'd still pick Alabama over Auburn in another meetup.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Good game and now we finally have some top 4 controversy. Was worried this year would be without.

Not really. Wisconsin wins they are in, Clemson or Miami wins and they are in, Oklahoma wins they are in, sec champ is in. Only drama is if Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not really. Wisconsin wins they are in, Clemson or Miami wins and they are in, Oklahoma wins they are in, sec champ is in. Only drama is if Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose.

I can see Auburn and GA getting in from the SEC, unless there is some rule against it.

#18 3 years ago

War Eagle!

#19 3 years ago

I can see Auburn and GA getting in from the SEC, unless there is some rule against it.

Not a chance. Only the winner next week out of those two. Bama May get in still though in addition to the winner.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not a chance. Only the winner next week out of those two. Bama May get in still though in addition to the winner.

Sounds just like controversy.

#21 3 years ago

No way two teams from the same conference with 2 losses get in.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Unless several of the top teams lose Alabama is out. Sucks for them, but losses late in the year hurt you more then early losses and their schedule was not nearly as strong as it usually is. LSU might end up being their only ranked win when everything is finished.

#23 3 years ago

Notre Dame lost to Stanford last night, so that gives ND 3 losses.
Thus, with the loss and no conf champ game to play in next weekend, ND won't make they play-offs.
They had a fairly tough schedule playing 5 ranked teams, and beat Mich St (who beat Iowa/Mich/PennSt), so ND will still make it to a decent bowl game.

I assume that Alabama's new ranking after the loss to Auburn will fall to somewhere between 5th and 8th.
By not playing in the upcoming SEC Conf Championship Game, it seems like Alabama may get left out of the play-offs, *if* Okla, Clemson, & Wisc win their conf champ games. The door may open for bama if any of those 3 teams loses this coming weekend.

Do we all agree that the winner of the SEC Conf Championship game (Auburn -vs- Georgia) will be in the play-offs?

Ranked teams that lost over the weekend and will move down in the rankings include: Alabama, Miami, Notre Dame, Wash St, Miss St, Boise St, & S Car.

Washington just beat Wash St, but did not win the PAC-12 North, and won't be in the PAC-12 Conf Championship game, so they won't move up high enough to make the play-offs. Doubtful that the winner of the PAC-12 Conf Championship game (Stanford or USC) will make the play-offs. That's a bummer for them.
Maybe if Okla, Clemson, and Wisc all lose their conf champ game, then perhaps USC could grab the #4 play-off spot. ??

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Notre Dame lost to Stanford last night, so that gives ND 3 losses.
Thus, with the loss and no conf champ game to play in next weekend, ND won't make they play-offs.
They had a fairly tough schedule playing 5 ranked teams, and beat Mich St (who beat Iowa/Mich/PennSt), so ND will still make it to a decent bowl game.
I assume that Alabama's new ranking after the loss to Auburn will fall to somewhere between 5th and 8th.
By not playing in the upcoming SEC Conf Championship Game, it seems like Alabama may get left out of the play-offs, *if* Okla, Clemson, & Wisc win their conf champ games. The door may open for bama if any of those 3 teams loses this coming weekend.
Do we all agree that the winner of the SEC Conf Championship game (Auburn -vs- Georgia) will be in the play-offs?
Ranked teams that lost over the weekend and will move down in the rankings include: Alabama, Miami, Notre Dame, Wash St, Miss St, Boise St, & S Car.
Washington just beat Wash St, but did not win the PAC-12 North, and won't be in the PAC-12 Conf Championship game, so they won't move up high enough to make the play-offs. Doubtful that the winner of the PAC-12 Conf Championship game (Stanford or USC) will make the play-offs. That's a bummer for them.
Maybe if Okla, Clemson, and Wisc all lose their conf champ game, then perhaps USC could grab the #4 play-off spot. ??

Winner of Clemson vs Miami is in, loser is out
Winner of Auburn vs Georgia is in, loser is out
If Oklahoma wins they are in
If Wisconsin wins they are in
Only only teams outside of those 4 that have any chance are Alabama and Ohio State. If Oklahoma or Wisconsin lose that opens up the door for Alabama to get in based on record or Ohio State to get in as a 2 loss team as conference champions. There's really only 6 teams in play.

#25 3 years ago

I only follow acc and sec games, but if GA wins it is in, Auburn would have three losses and be gone. With 1 loss could AL join GA as each have one loss?

If Auburn wins they are in and have 2 losss. With 1 loss could AL join Auburn cause it's record is better.

Don't teams # 1-4 go, or has the formula changed? Even after rankings come out, it seems to me that Auburn, GA and AL are in the running still and for two potential places. Winner of Clemson vs Miami is in.

#26 3 years ago

Just checking in bc I felt obligated.

RTR

#27 3 years ago

I only follow acc and sec games, but if GA wins it is in, Auburn would have three losses and be gone. With 1 loss could AL join GA as each have one loss?
If Auburn wins they are in and have 2 losss. With 1 loss could AL join Auburn cause it's record is better.
Don't teams # 1-4 go, or has the formula changed? Even after rankings come out, it seems to me that Auburn, GA and AL are in the running still and for two potential places. Winner of Clemson vs Miami is in.

No way all 3 will still be in the running. Whoever wins the SEC championship will be in and the loser of that game is out and has pretty much zero chance of getting in. Alabama has a very small outside chance but likely will need Oklahoma and Wisconsin both to lose next week. Even if that does happen Alabama could still get left out if the committee puts a preference on conference champions.

#28 3 years ago

new AP rankings are out -

Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Auburn with Alabama in fifth and needing someone above it to lose. Then I see Georgia and Miami.

So if Clemson and Auburn both win, they are in. If OK or WI lose, AL would be in without going to their conference title game (this makes them the third best in the SEC and behind GA). Poor GA (I don't see how they dropped so much after beating GA Tech this past weekend, and really pissing me off).

IMG_0030 (resized).PNG

#29 3 years ago

new AP rankings are out -
Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Auburn with Alabama in fifth and needing someone above it to lose. Then I see Georgia and Miami.
So if Clemson and Auburn both win, they are in. If OK or WI lose, AL would be in without going to their conference title game (this makes them the third best in the SEC and behind GA). Poor GA (I don't see how they dropped so much after beating GA Tech this past weekend, and really pissing me off).

That is not the college play off rankings. Who ever wins the SEC is in, doesn't matter what the AP pole says. Whoever wins the ACC is in, if Oklahoma and Wisconsin win then the 4 team playoff is already set and Alabama will not be in it.

There are only 8 teams really in play and 6 control their own destiny meaning that if they win they are in. Alabama and Ohio State both need lots of help. The big question will be if Ohio State beats Wisconsin does the committee consider a 1 lose Alabama over a 2 loss conference champion in Ohio State when Ohio state has beaten more ranked teams a played a much tougher schedule. The other game that could cause some drama is if Oklahoma loses to TCU. Then you have 2 teams with 2 losses and Alabama could slide in that spot. Miami has to win to be in, Clemson has to win to be in, Georgia has to win to be in, Wisconsin has to win to be in, Oklahoma has to win to get in, Auburn has to win to get in, Ohio state has to win and still could get left off, and Alabama just has to wait and hope.

#30 3 years ago

This little bit of trivia was shown during the Stanford/ND Game.

* Playoff Committee has never selected two teams from same conference
* Playoff Committee has never selected a two loss team.
* ACC, SEC and Big 10 each have one CFP Championship.

Just a little trivia to help spice up the conversation.

Marcus

#31 3 years ago

Saban is a genius. Threw the Auburn game to get his guys some extra rest and spare them an unnecessary game.

#32 3 years ago

Auburn dropped the ball. Lost everything. Very tough loss for those guys.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Saban is a genius. Threw the Auburn game to get his guys some extra rest and spare them an unnecessary game.

^^ Wow AL made it and finished in the top 4 spots (this is the criteria for being selected) and is heading to the playoffs, as surmised above after the Ironbowl. AL should be the third best team in SEC since they didn't make the conference game. Instead, AL finishes ahead of Auburn, whom they lost to. I really want to see AL and GA in the final game to see how good GA is. I'd agree whomever wins that is a great team. Clemson is prett BA also and deserves to be in the final game. Being an SEC/ACC fan I have watched little of OK, but feel they won't win their first round.

#34 3 years ago

Might as well make our predictions, boys. First round I'll say

AL over Clemson by 1 and

GA over OK by 14 points

Final game will be GA over AL by 10.

#35 3 years ago

AL over Clemson by 1 and
GA over OK by 14 points
Final game will be GA over AL by 10.

I can get behind those results. I think Bama beats Clemson by 7 though.

#36 3 years ago

I'm not seeing it. AL has not been as dynamic on offense without Kiffin and their secondary is injury riddled. Clemson has a great chance to win that game and probably should win. Oklahoma and GA is an interesting game. GA does everything really well but doesn't stand out a lot. Oklahoma has the most dynamic deep pass game I have ever seen. GA will be able to run on them but can they stop that pass game. I wouldn't be surprised if both SEC teams lose. You never can tell though as there's nothing but great teams left with amazing coaching staffs.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'm not seeing it. AL has not been as dynamic on offense without Kiffin and their secondary is injury riddled. Clemson has a great chance to win that game and probably should win. Oklahoma and GA is an interesting game. GA does everything really well but doesn't stand out a lot. Oklahoma has the most dynamic deep pass game I have ever seen. GA will be able to run on them but can they stop that pass game. I wouldn't be surprised if both SEC teams lose. You never can tell though as there's nothing but great teams left with amazing coaching staffs.

Biggest change in AL's favor is they have 3 of 6 linebackers back, with other 3 expected by playoffs. Can you imagine AL defense with a stepped up secondary? Their six best linebackers healthy and looking to kick some butt. Schedule is out and playoffs are on Jan 1 and AL will be playing OK, so will need to update the projections. Other news, GA lost one player for infractions.

AL over OK by 7

GA over Clemson by 1

Finals - GA over AL by 2

All games look like tough matchups. What sort of predictions do you have?

#38 3 years ago

Biggest change in AL's favor is they have 3 of 6 linebackers back, with other 3 expected by playoffs. Can you imagine AL defense with a stepped up secondary? Their six best linebackers healthy and looking to kick some butt. Schedule is out and playoffs are on Jan 1 and AL will be playing OK, so will need to update the projections. Other news, GA lost one player for infractions.
AL over OK by 7
GA over Clemson by 1
Finals - GA over AL by 2
All games look like tough matchups. What sort of predictions do you have?

You have the matchups wrong.

Clemson over Alabama.
Alabama offense is not very good and the only decent team they played this year exposed them. With all those great recruiting classes, why is it that Saban can't get a decent quarterback to come play for the tide?

Oklahoma over Georgia.
Georgia has never been a clutch team. They are like the Chiefs or Chargers. Never gonna come through when it really counts.

Clemson over Oklahoma
They have the experience to get it done.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You have the matchups wrong.
Clemson over Alabama.
Alabama offense is not very good and the only decent team they played this year exposed them. With all those great recruiting classes, why is it that Saban can't get a decent quarterback to come play for the tide?
Oklahoma over Georgia.
Georgia has never been a clutch team. They are like the Chiefs or Chargers. Never gonna come through when it really counts.
Clemson over Oklahoma
They have the experience to get it done.

Not sure what games you have been watching. Jalen Hurts has been phenomenal as a freshman last year and as a sophomore this year. You do not get into 2 straight playoffs without a great QB.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure what games you have been watching. Jalen Hurts has been phenomenal as a freshman last year and as a sophomore this year. You do not get into 2 straight playoffs without a great QB.

It's their defense and running game that got them into 2 straight playoffs. Their qb will not be playing that position in the pros.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It's their defense and running game that got them into 2 straight playoffs. Their qb will not be playing that position in the pros.

most games I've seen it's Jalen Hurts making plays with his legs either rushing the ball or keeping a play alive to pass it. The 2020 draft is forever away but most are projecting him in the 5-8 range for QB's. He's big, strong, fast, and has good arm talent, not sure what more people really want. Not everyone is Baker Mayfield and even if Hurts is that good Saban is to much of a control fanatic to every play that aggressive. He's never really turned a QB loose and likely never will. You at correct that their defense and run game are good but Hurts is a huge part of their run game and is one of the main reasons it's successful. His ability to scramble for first downs at key times also keeps their defense fresh and helps AL win the time of possession in almost every game (see last years championship game to see how a tired AL defense looks) which is a huge reason the defense looks as good as it does.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

He's never really turned a QB loose and likely never will

Rohan Davey...not that Saban had much of a choice, LSU wasn't known for it's defense back then...it was the Rohan Davey to Josh Reed show to win the SEC that year.

#43 3 years ago

Really couldn't give a shit about the Iron bowl or Alabama, but thinking of taking the trip down for NYE / The Sugar Bowl, to see my Alma Mater Clemson punch their ticket to the finals.

I've already done a Super bowl down there. Always a fun town regardless of what you are doing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 159.00
$ 7,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 339.00
$ 8.95
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 244.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Art Prints
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 35.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside