(Topic ID: 197308)

Hurricane Irma, state of emergency declared in Florida

By wdpvideo

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190327_135045 (resized).jpg
    20190327_134208 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_025826 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170911_025713 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20170916_173530 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof3 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof5 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof4 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof2 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof (resized).jpg
    20170913_162002 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1505185751474 (resized).jpg
    storm clean up (resized).jpg
    storm (resized).jpg
    flood (resized).jpg
    20170912_111536 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Wife is shitting Bricks, and people panicking in Orlando, as water is being hoarded.

I still have visible damage from Charlie, and the others 12 years ago.....had a Tornado go through my back yard!

Gotta run south to board up...what a PITA!

#57 6 years ago

Yeah! (Sarcasm) Bringing everything outside, -----> inside....that sucks with all my plants, furniture, and tools.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

I have family in Homosassa, Winter Haven, and Daytona. They are trying to get safe. And to all my Florida Pinheads, OldPinguy and others, get and stay safe...

Thanks.....15 freaking hours to bring in 4 tables, 4 benches, 12 chairs, dozens of potted plants, tools, etc.

Now its heading more west, and it we dont know much other than its down to a Cat 3, and still moving west...not yet north...

All done, time for some movies, libations, and pinball....then it starts.....

I hope for you toaster, and others on the coast for flooding, to be safe too.

I hope my place in Venice survives....It could be Ocean front tomorrow, if it takes away a barrier island.

#108 6 years ago

Still have power...just had about an 80 mph band hammer the windows with sideways rain!

Dogs have piled up on the couch.....bunch of babies.

Hurricane Libations in full swing!

#114 6 years ago

Power gone half of my roof too, may have been a tornado. Buckets pans ceiling collapse pinball Tetris, bailing out while getting rain inside...

Losing my sanity. Pics later

#141 6 years ago

Thanks John,

I'm so thankful to have a fellow pinside and friend bring me a generator and trailer!
    Finally going to get some sleep.
    I don't want to do this again!

My place by Venice had no problems,
    But the wood frame units next door took a hit.

Crazy stories, pool enclosure ripped and slammed into the roof of a house like a pincushion!

On the ice question from before the answer depends on weather the ice is on land, or on water, with regards to sea level.

IMG_20170911_025832 (resized).jpgIMG_20170911_025832 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170911_025818 (resized).jpgIMG_20170911_025818 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #172 6 years ago

Still have water coming in house...4 tarps, around 100 calls, and lots of no shows, no replies, etc.

It will happen, but hate having it rain inside, and inhaling ants in my sleep!

Friends and family in Puerto Rico have no food, water, or electric....its really really bad there.

Ceiling damage from roof (resized).jpgCeiling damage from roof (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof2 (resized).jpgCeiling damage from roof2 (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof4 (resized).jpgCeiling damage from roof4 (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof5 (resized).jpgCeiling damage from roof5 (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof3 (resized).jpgCeiling damage from roof3 (resized).jpg

#175 6 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

That sucks! I think another member said they had luck with HD doing their roof when nobody else could. Think they said it was pretty expensive, but sometimes you just gotta pay. I'm not going to complain so much about my mountain of yard waste I've cleared. It beats dealing with that. Good luck!

Thanks, you are very correct!

Im working with Lowes, as there is a shortage of material and price gouging.
    Ill cross them with a handful of roofing companies, but waiting on Insurance settlement...its like waiting on a slot machine! At least with them to start, there wont be any refutation from Co.

Quoted from blondetall:

Oh no, Art! I've been wanting to email you, but didn't want to bother you knowing you had plenty to do. Keep us updated and let us know if there's any way to help out.

Thanks! M!

If you were closer, I was giving away machines on loaner to some of the guys to hold and play!

#177 6 years ago

Thanks John.

They sent a crew, the county, to pick up only my debris.
    I guess the rats and sharp nails hanging out made them act.

3 weeks later
    #179 6 years ago

Still taking on water inside after 7 Tarp Installs!

Waiting on 1st Roof Contract, and hopefully verbal Insurance info today.

Sucks that now one, thats 5 different crews, can successfully tarp a roof
    and keep the rain out!

Think we have beat, finally the giant black Carpenter Ants.
    They come out early AM and bite while we have been sleeping!

Much appreciate you asking....looks like a Christmas roof, if Im Lucky!

None of the Tree debris, fallen Trees has been picked up yet, and is all along the streets.

2 weeks later
    #185 6 years ago

Well its now 60 days, 7 tarps, 8 large storage bins and water still coming in.
    Finally getting roof estimates, and a time utility of 90 to 180 days to replace.
    Perhaps I should start a warning thread about "bad vendors" seeing the time.
    Perhaps.
    Only good news is by a fluke, we are hearing from Property Brothers for consideration.... Who knows.....

5 months later
    #187 6 years ago

I Finally Have a Roof!

Its Raining, and for the first time in 7 months, we are not moving buckets around!

On my way towards getting Pinballs back in the house!!

1 year later
    #188 4 years ago

Well, we get to do this again with a new Name......Dorian.....

Its two years, and while the construction here was finished in February, I am still moving games out of storage from them!
    Wife is freaking out here, as we prep with a generator, and supplies. Took me 3 hours and 4 stores to find extra gas cans.

We went from these pictures re-shared......damage to completion....everyone be safe, unplug those pins!

IMG_20170911_025713 (resized).jpgIMG_20170911_025713 (resized).jpgIMG_20170911_025826 (resized).jpgIMG_20170911_025826 (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_173530 (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_173530 (resized).jpg20190327_134208 (resized).jpg20190327_134208 (resized).jpg20190327_135045 (resized).jpg20190327_135045 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider OLDPINGUY.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/irma-strengths?tu=OLDPINGUY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.