10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 187 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 48 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Ceiling damage from roof3 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof5 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof4 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof2 (resized).jpg
    Ceiling damage from roof (resized).jpg
    20170913_162002 (resized).jpg
    FB_IMG_1505185751474 (resized).jpg
    storm clean up (resized).jpg
    storm (resized).jpg
    flood (resized).jpg
    20170912_111536 (resized).jpg
    20170911_223232 (resized).jpg
    20170911_085733 (resized).jpg
    20170911_084156 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3415 (resized).JPG
    IMG_20170911_025818 (resized).jpg

There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 10 months ago

No pinball was damaged!

Close by inches!

20170912_111536 (resized).jpg

#152 10 months ago

Main water picture is during the storm, the swimming pool is under that.

The tree down picture. That picture was during low tide! Once the water came in at high tide it only dropped 18" at low tide, when it normally drops 6 feet. On that picture I already trimmed a lot off the tree to get doors open. 60 foot Oak. What one of the big problems was we had a Noreastern came in that dropped about 6 inches of water the day before we got hit from Irma.

The limb pile is how much we had to pick up to clean up the yard.

Got power on a little while ago, still no water.

All of this, and I live in Georgia just a few miles from Jacksonville Florida.

flood (resized).jpg

storm (resized).jpg

storm clean up (resized).jpg

#153 10 months ago

Is that your wheelbarrow ? I can't believe it stayed there.

#154 10 months ago

Friends were able to finally get back on Tybee and check on my house this afternoon. No water got inside and no trees hit the house. Seems I was very lucky, since many got flooding from the tidal surge on all sides of the island.

I imagine I will be busy helping friends clean up once I return.

#155 10 months ago

Just in case any of you have not seen this video of the luckiest hurricane survivor in Georgia:

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/watch-tree-almost-hits-moving-car-metro-atlanta-during-irma/uMEmhuKxYypbvT1bMlB8ML/

#156 10 months ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Just in case any of you have not seen this video of the luckiest hurricane survivor in Georgia:
    http://www.ajc.com/news/local/watch-tree-almost-hits-moving-car-metro-atlanta-during-irma/uMEmhuKxYypbvT1bMlB8ML/

It is unusual but I am sure the rear end of the car lifting up took away (absorbed) a lot of the energy from the crash. They are very lucky it did not flip completely over and smash the roof.

#157 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anything happen to that bar, Gators Crossings? Where they were "riding it out"?

I'm not familiar w that bar. Is it in Naples?

#158 10 months ago
    Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I'm not familiar w that bar. Is it in Naples?

Yeah, there was a story in the news how a bunch of locals were going to hunker down there instead of in their own homes or evacuating. I found their a Facebook page, where they were posting updates up until 9/10. But nothing since:

https://www.facebook.com/gatorscrossroads/

#159 10 months ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, there was a story in the news how a bunch of locals were going to hunker down there instead of in their own homes or evacuating. I found their a Facebook page, where they were posting updates up until 9/10. But nothing since:
    https://www.facebook.com/gatorscrossroads/

I pulled the bar up on my GPS. That area got blasted.
    Best of luck to those guys

#160 10 months ago
    Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

I pulled the bar up on my GPS. That area got blasted.
    Best of luck to those guys

Yeah, I was wondering if something bad happened, or else they'd post right? Or maybe they just don't have power to use their computers. But it's kinda strange, because I figured they'd be excited to share their experience regardless.

#161 10 months ago

Anymore updates to share from FL/SC/GA Pinsiders of their communities/homes/yards whether good or bad news?

#162 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Anymore updates to share from FL/SC/GA Pinsiders of their communities/homes/yards whether good or bad news?

Clearwater Beach made it fairly unscathed with little to no flooding. The main damage I have seen and heard about there was part of a parking carport structure at a condo complex was destroyed, a dumpster fence thrashed, several broken street lights and signs, and some phone/cable interconnection boxes turned over.

Palm Harbor had a lot of tree damage. I don't think they had much flooding either.

In Tarpon Springs, the Replay Museum has survived and no damage to the games.

https://www.facebook.com/replaymuseum

In other good news, in Key West, the 55 cats and their caretakers survived along with Hemingway's house:

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/10/hemingway-houses-cats-hurricane-irma-key-west/

#163 10 months ago

Dugout canoe found along Indian River area after Irma passed through Florida.
    https://www.facebook.com/randy.shots/posts/1601130489943647

#164 10 months ago

This image helped lighten my mood before power came back yesterday...

FB_IMG_1505185751474 (resized).jpg

#165 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Some of my pinball buds still don't have power... many are back up each day.
    Many trees down effecting power cables still and water tables are jacked up.

#166 10 months ago

All this, and not one of you asking for contributions to your sump pump fund!

#167 10 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Too busy taking care of tree debris. My pole saw is currently stuck in a tree though. Hmm?

#168 10 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Too busy taking care of tree debris. My pole saw is currently stuck in a tree though. Hmm?

Pole saw is down. Used a 16ft manual pruner to finish the cut. Not fun, but glad the branch is down.

#169 10 months ago

My power has been back for a couple of days, but many local friends still have no power or water. No power sucks, but no water REALLY sucks. When my water was out the day after the storm, there was actually a slow trickle. This was a lifesaver because at least we could flush the toilet and it would refill in five or ten minutes. There are still people in Cocoa Beach with no water meaning zero. While laying in bed last night I could hear generators in the distance recalled the 13 days I lost power back in 2005.

Oh well. Its all worth it to live and work in such a beautiful place. I've been through periods of 11 and 18 years without storms since moving to Florida, so not like this happens every day.

#170 10 months ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

I could show the damage to the tree farm and beg but I'm too proud. It was my eleven year old cat that died last month. Pinball machines survived!

1 week later
    #171 9 months ago

This was a few days after...
    20170913_162002 (resized).jpg

#172 9 months ago

Still have water coming in house...4 tarps, around 100 calls, and lots of no shows, no replies, etc.

It will happen, but hate having it rain inside, and inhaling ants in my sleep!

Friends and family in Puerto Rico have no food, water, or electric....its really really bad there.

Ceiling damage from roof (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof2 (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof4 (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof5 (resized).jpg

Ceiling damage from roof3 (resized).jpg

#173 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Still have water coming in house...4 tarps, around 100 calls, and lots of no shows, no replies, etc.
    It will happen, but hate having it rain inside, and inhaling ants in my sleep!
    Friends and family in Puerto Rico have no food, water, or electric....its really really bad there.

That sucks! I think another member said they had luck with HD doing their roof when nobody else could. Think they said it was pretty expensive, but sometimes you just gotta pay. I'm not going to complain so much about my mountain of yard waste I've cleared. It beats dealing with that. Good luck!

#174 9 months ago

Oh no, Art! I've been wanting to email you, but didn't want to bother you knowing you had plenty to do. Keep us updated and let us know if there's any way to help out.

#175 9 months ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

That sucks! I think another member said they had luck with HD doing their roof when nobody else could. Think they said it was pretty expensive, but sometimes you just gotta pay. I'm not going to complain so much about my mountain of yard waste I've cleared. It beats dealing with that. Good luck!

Thanks, you are very correct!

Im working with Lowes, as there is a shortage of material and price gouging.
    Ill cross them with a handful of roofing companies, but waiting on Insurance settlement...its like waiting on a slot machine! At least with them to start, there wont be any refutation from Co.

Quoted from blondetall:

Oh no, Art! I've been wanting to email you, but didn't want to bother you knowing you had plenty to do. Keep us updated and let us know if there's any way to help out.

Thanks! M!

If you were closer, I was giving away machines on loaner to some of the guys to hold and play!

#176 9 months ago

Good luck Art. Those pictures make me sad to think of how beautiful your place was when I was there not too long ago. As long as no one was hurt, that is the most important thing. Having lost my house and all of my belongings in a fire a few years back it gives a new perspective. Hopefully in the end the place will be rebuilt better than ever and you and your family will be stronger than ever.

My mom lost a significant amount of her shingles but nothing near as bad as yours. We were able to get a roofer to come a few days after the storm and he put down a bunch of sealant and then two huge tarps. He said he would put her on his list and the tarps would be good for a couple of months. Hopefully we can bide our time and get it done after materials become a little more available. Until then I will keep a close eye on the tarps!

#177 9 months ago

Thanks John.

They sent a crew, the county, to pick up only my debris.
    I guess the rats and sharp nails hanging out made them act.

3 weeks later
    #178 9 months ago

Oldpinguy,

Are things going better now? Any progress on roof repairs? Yard cleaned up and back to normal?

#179 9 months ago

Still taking on water inside after 7 Tarp Installs!

Waiting on 1st Roof Contract, and hopefully verbal Insurance info today.

Sucks that now one, thats 5 different crews, can successfully tarp a roof
    and keep the rain out!

Think we have beat, finally the giant black Carpenter Ants.
    They come out early AM and bite while we have been sleeping!

Much appreciate you asking....looks like a Christmas roof, if Im Lucky!

None of the Tree debris, fallen Trees has been picked up yet, and is all along the streets.

#180 9 months ago

Good luck Art. Hopefully it won't take much longer to get everything repaired. Our tree debris got picked up last week. Hopefully they will get yours soon.

#181 9 months ago

Amazing how much of the state this storm hit hard. The northeast side was a beast. One of our Florida pinball owners "Dr Bob" had just bought his dream home on a canal up in north Jacksonville and closed literally a couple of days before the storm. His damage estimate is in the tens of thousands.

Down here in Cocoa, we also just finally got our tree debris picked up late last week. Every house has a huge dead area in their front lawn down by the road!

#182 9 months ago

It's taking quite a while for debris to be picked up in this area still.
    My mom's back yard which is one Pottsburg Creek (that leads to the river which leads to the ocean)
    is still flooded most days and the water table hasn't lowered fully yet (she can't cut her whole yard yet).

#183 9 months ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Still taking on water inside after 7 Tarp Installs!

Maybe you can get Nic to come down there. Is there anything that man cannot fix?

#184 9 months ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Amazing how much of the state this storm hit hard. The northeast side was a beast. One of our Florida pinball owners "Dr Bob" had just bought his dream home on a canal up in north Jacksonville and closed literally a couple of days before the storm. His damage estimate is in the tens of thousands.
    Down here in Cocoa, we also just finally got our tree debris picked up late last week. Every house has a huge dead area in their front lawn down by the road!

So true John! Matthew was closer to being a direct hit in Jacksonville last year but we had significantly more damage/flooding from Irma. I should have my fence replaced next week. I had to put temporary fencing up to keep the neighbor kids and dogs from getting in the pool after losing 1/4 of the fence from Irma. About a month and half wait after the storm to get the work done due to others having damage as well.

2 weeks later
    #185 8 months ago

Well its now 60 days, 7 tarps, 8 large storage bins and water still coming in.
    Finally getting roof estimates, and a time utility of 90 to 180 days to replace.
    Perhaps I should start a warning thread about "bad vendors" seeing the time.
    Perhaps.
    Only good news is by a fluke, we are hearing from Property Brothers for consideration.... Who knows.....

#186 8 months ago

Hope it works out for you Art.

5 months later
    #187 3 months ago

I Finally Have a Roof!

Its Raining, and for the first time in 7 months, we are not moving buckets around!

On my way towards getting Pinballs back in the house!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 18.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 63.00
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 187 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside