(Topic ID: 298782)

IPS LCD Upgrade Interest? R&M, ACNC, TNA and more?

By harryhoudini

66 days ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by pinballM
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“You interested? ”

• IPS LCD & Controller 20 votes
    65%
  • Acrylic Cover R&M 6 votes
    19%
  • Acrylic Cover ACNC / TNA 5 votes
    16%

(Multiple choice - 31 votes by 20 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20211020_172255 (resized).jpg
20211020_172236 (resized).jpg
20210814_142841 (resized).jpg
20210814_185812 (resized).jpg
20210814_142646 (resized).jpg
20210814_142642 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20210816-210801_YouTube (resized).jpg
20210814_142646 (resized).jpg
Screen (resized).jpg
compare (resized).jpg

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 51 days ago

In on a screen and controller for TNA

1 week later
#52 43 days ago

Count me in for a screen and controller for TNA - thank you!

1 week later
#53 35 days ago

Hi Gang,

We're ready to start taking orders! Screens are on the way to us and we'll be ready to ship out as soon as they arrive. We'll ship out in order so this holds your place in line.

https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball

This is for the full kit for any of the 3 Spooky games we support (R&M, TNA and ACNC), just select your game when adding to cart. Installation will be plug and play, brackets are created for your specific game and mounting requirements.

#54 35 days ago

Did yall figure out the sound problem with ACNC with the original tester? Didnt get feedback on the second tester.

Thanks!

Quoted from harryhoudini:

Hi Gang,
We're ready to start taking orders! Screens are on the way to us and we'll be ready to ship out as soon as they arrive. We'll ship out in order so this holds your place in line.
https://pinballmods.co/upgraded-ips-lcd-spooky-pinball
This is for the full kit for any of the 3 Spooky games we support (R&M, TNA and ACNC), just select your game when adding to cart. Installation will be plug and play, brackets are created for your specific game and mounting requirements.

#55 35 days ago
Quoted from awassig:

Did yall figure out the sound problem with ACNC with the original tester? Didnt get feedback on the second tester.
Thanks!

Having been the original tester, the screen is flawless, it is friggin' awesome.
The controller that I was originally told to pick up had a HORRIBLE image on it, in my machine. (Hardly enough color range - dim colors were blacked out, etc.) I could live with that - but the audio at max - on all levels (game software, LCD controller, and amp) was hardly loud at all.

Switched controllers, which fixed the color issue, and made the audio a touch louder.
Replaced my amp, and - I can pump it so loud that the glass will crack.

The second tester, as far as I know, used the original IPS and controller, and had no issue (at least, with the audio). So the SOUND issue was likely my amp being bad. (Or, Spooky used two different amps; these amp are cheap chinese 2.1 amps that are cheap and on Amazon.)

As far as my new amp goes - holy hell, I really, REALLY recommend the amp I got for ACNC; but that's off-topic here. Ahem.

So, don't let the bad audio stop you from signing up and getting one.

#56 35 days ago

Piggybacking on to that, I don't know what it is with the amps Spooky uses but the one in my R&M was also pretty bad. The adjustment range for the volume was extremely narrow, the lows (sub) was distorted and rattled the glass (which seems to be an issue on it's own, as well) and really seemed like it was having an issue. I swapped it out with one from Amazon (which also had separate sub level control) and the change was significant. Much better sound, proper adjustment, lows are much more inline with what I would want/expect.

I haven't seen an ACNC order come in yet, but as soon as someone places one I'll send one out to get another datapoint, just to confirm. I have one or two screens from the initial sample order here still that I can send to an ACNC owner.

#57 30 days ago

Great news, Harry! Are the new scratch resistant screen protectors also ready?

I can't wait!

#58 27 days ago

I'm in for UM. Looking forward to the upgrade!

#59 26 days ago

Any timeline on these? I know there will be a wait but I paid and didn't hear anything.

#60 22 days ago
Quoted from xeneize:

Great news, Harry! Are the new scratch resistant screen protectors also ready?
I can't wait!

I may have one of these left from my prototype order. I didn't get any significant interest so I didn't offer them up. If you want one PM me and I can see if I have one left.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Any timeline on these? I know there will be a wait but I paid and didn't hear anything.

They are on their way from the supplier now. It's not entirely clear on timeline since they go through a few steps to get to customs and depart. The sample order took a few weeks total, if I recall correctly.

#61 21 days ago

My TNA needs a better screen.

#62 21 days ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

My TNA needs a better screen.

TNA is the biggest winner from this upgrade (IMHO) as it sits physically much lower than other games increasing the viewing angle.

#63 14 days ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

I may have one of these left from my prototype order. I didn't get any significant interest so I didn't offer them up. If you want one PM me and I can see if I have one left.

The scratch protector is the thin piece of plastic in front of the screen? If so, I need those as well. I didn’t realize the “kit” did not have new ones.

#64 13 days ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The scratch protector is the thin piece of plastic in front of the screen? If so, I need those as well. I didn’t realize the “kit” did not have new ones.

Correct. The original is PETG I think. I have one left of the prototype acrylic ones I made. If you want it send me a PM and you can paypal me the original cost and I'll toss it in your package when the screens arrive. I didn't plan on making any more unless there is some huge influx of demand.

1 week later
#65 2 days ago

Finally some movement on these. Looks like they were held up in customs and at a freight forwarder. At this point it looks like within a week we should have them in stock and ready to ship. I'm watching the tracking for updates.

#66 1 day ago

Ty for the update!

#67 1 day ago

I'm interested for R&M.

#68 1 day ago

Awesome. Looking forward to it.

#69 1 day ago

Is anyone else interested in the scratch resistant optical acrylic screen protector (for R&M, Ultraman and Halloween)? I sold all of the prototypes I made and have some interest in a few more but I wasn't going to order unless there was significant interest. I believe the original protector is PETG and has sort of optical aberrations (but also gets scratched really easily). I ordered these just to test and see how it worked. Haven't really gotten much feedback from those who've ordered them. The material isn't cheap so the protectors probably would have to be around $45 or something to make sense. They replace the existing protector, just swap it out when you do the screen. It's also about twice as thick, not sure if that matters to anyone for any reason.

You can get an idea from the photos here, comparison with the acrylic on the right and the original on the left. Showing it in the game doesn't do a lot in pics.

20210814_142646 (resized).jpg20210814_142642 (resized).jpg20210814_185812 (resized).jpg20210814_142841 (resized).jpg
#70 1 day ago

For those who asked about UM washout- Here are two shots, from 5'8" eye level (I am 6'2")and down to 4'5" until I get real black visuals on at least the top two boxes.

Even at 4'5", the bottom two display boxes are still washed out unless moving down to about 4'.
With that being said, UM is so colorful and so much action you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

I have not altered any settings on the display.

20211020_172236 (resized).jpg20211020_172255 (resized).jpg

#71 13 hours ago

I don't know how to use the new mounting brackets for the new IPS LCD display
did you have a picture to install , why this is not possible to install same as the previous display

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside