New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 235189)

IPDB offline?

By Hefter62

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Hi,
    I hope this is the correct subforum to post my question into.

Since aprox. 2 weeks it seems that IPDB is down. On the other hand there are a lot of post in this forum in the last days with links to ipdb. Therefore I suggest that most of the users here have no problems to connect to IPDB.
    I am from Austria (a small country in Europe, no kangoroos).Is it possible, that IPDB has something like an IP-Filter on their side? What can I do to check this? Is there a way to get in contact with someone from IPDB?

Thanks for all answers and help

Regards
    Hefter62

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hefter62:

Hi,
    I hope this is the correct subforum to post my question into.
    Since aprox. 2 weeks it seems that IPDB is down. On the other hand there are a lot of post in this forum in the last days with links to ipdb. Therefore I suggest that most of the users here have no problems to connect to IPDB.
    I am from Austria (a small country in Europe, no kangoroos).Is it possible, that IPDB has something like an IP-Filter on their side? What can I do to check this? Is there a way to get in contact with someone from IPDB?
    Thanks for all answers and help
    Regards
    Hefter62

Are you
    Checking for a particular page?

Http://IPdb.org

Is still up as far as I can tell.

You can check using this site:
    https://www.isitdownrightnow.com

#3 1 year ago

Hi,
    yes I cannot connect http://IPdb.org.
    I tried to connect with personal computer and with mobile phone using different DNS-Servers. That's why I mentioned that maybe the IPDB-Servers blocks particular IP-ranges. As Austria is a small country maybe when IPDB blocks an IP-range which is to wide, "our" local IPs are included, although "we" are all nice guys
    Maybe I can get an eMail-Address from IPDB.org to get in contact with them?

Regards
    Hefter62

#4 1 year ago

No problem here in the Netherlands...
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Inkochnito:

No problem here in the Netherlands...
    https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl

got on 2 mins ago in aussie

#6 1 year ago

It has been working here. I use it almost daily.

What error message are you seeing in your browser? What browser are you using?

#7 1 year ago

Working for me.

#8 1 year ago

No worries here in Australia getting it.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It has been working here. I use it almost daily.
    What error message are you seeing in your browser? What browser are you using?

On the personal computer I use firefox and edge (windows 10), on mobile phone (android) chrome and firefox. No proxy activated.
    After clicking (or tapping) the dots (windows) or circle (android) runs for about 15 seconds, then an error occures telling me that trying to connect to server 178.191.52.115 ends up in a timeout. This happens with all browsers on all devices (Android mobilephone, several PCs and Laptops).

Meanwhile I sent an Email to webmaster@ipdb.org, but no answer until now.

Regards
    Hefter62

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hefter62:

On the personal computer I use firefox and edge (windows 10), on mobile phone (android) chrome and firefox. No proxy activated.
    After clicking (or tapping) the dots (windows) or circle (android) runs for about 15 seconds, then an error occures telling me that trying to connect to server 178.191.52.115 ends up in a timeout. This happens with all browsers on all devices (Android mobilephone, several PCs and Laptops).
    Meanwhile I sent an Email to webmaster@ipdb.org, but no answer until now.
    Regards
    Hefter62

What DNS are you using? Sounds like your DNS is broken. Try 1.1.1.1 instead of whatever you have as your primary DNS now. You might need to flush your local dns cache after making the change.

#11 1 year ago

That IP address takes me nowhere (server doesn’t connect). It’s a Telecom Austria address. Looks like your ISP is redirecting to one of their servers. In that case your ISP is probably blocking the request since your request never reached IPDB. If that’s the case, it is not an IP block on IPDB’s side. I would contact your ISP.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

That IP address takes me nowhere (server doesn’t connect). It’s a Telecom Austria address. Looks like your ISP is redirecting to one of their servers. In that case your ISP is probably blocking the request since your request never reached IPDB. If that’s the case, it is not an IP block on IPDB’s side. I would contact your ISP.

But that could also be a screwed up DNS table with whoever he's using for the DNS (probably his provider). Changing DNS would fix it.

He can also try http://66.39.150.14 to see if he can connect using their direct IP address.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from vireland:

But that could also be a screwed up DNS table with whoever he's using for the DNS (probably his provider). Changing DNS would fix it.
    He can also try http://66.39.150.14 to see if he can connect using their direct IP address.

Sure, but he stated he already tried multiple DNS servers and got the same result.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Sure, but he stated he already tried multiple DNS servers and got the same result.

If they were all different DNS servers from his provider or local to his country it may yield the same result. Without knowing WHICH DNS servers he used, that can't be ruled out. Using 1.1.1.1 or 4.2.2.1 or 8.8.8.8 would be outside his country and eliminate DNS as the problem.

But using the http://66.39.150.14 direct IP would be a better starting point.

#15 1 year ago

What vireland said. You'll have to trust the broken HTTPS certificate (one can no longer get certificates for IP addresses). But that will tell you if connectivity between IPDB and yourself is broken (whether by your ISP, your government, or by the IPDB folks is a different question); or if your ISP is doing something bad with DNS.

If connecting to the website fails, and *if* you're technical enough to install tcptraceroute, and do a trace route using port 443. That will give a much better diagnosis for *tcp*. Regular trace route does not work this way and is less useful in this instance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    $ 11.95
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 350.00
    Boards
    Pinball Basement
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 21.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 62.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 50.00
    $ 43.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside