(Topic ID: 249948)

IPDB Needs Support

By dmacy

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“IPDB Needs Support”

• I'm missing the IPDB 3 votes
      12%
    • I'm willing to help the IPDB 5 votes
      19%
    • I'm willing to help donate to IPDB to support them 15 votes
      58%
    • 1 vote
      4%
    • I'm don't care if the IPDB is up or not 2 votes
      8%

(26 votes)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

I was just thinking the other day how underappreciated IPDB was. It is a valuable service that I use all of the time.

It is nice to have a copy of the schematic for every pin, but sometimes I only need to fix one or two problems. Instead of paying $20 for a schematic and having to wait for it to arrive, I can just look it up on IPDB.

I always download the manuals and schematics for every game I own. I am always looking up information about the pins. When I posted to the Project Pin thread, I used IPDB all of the time to get information about the Project Pin I was posting.

There are a lot of responsible former IT people here who would be glad to help, maybe not so much as a single person operation, but perhaps more as a single point of contact with lots of helpers. I'm a former MIS guy and would be glad to help where I can, though most of my skills are in Visual Basic and Ingres and Oracle. I can create HTML pages.

I have saved so much money using the schematics downloaded from IPDB that I can help with some money.

Jay has done a wonderful job with IPDB. But we all have the right to move on to something else. Is the IPDB Website a non-profit? Could it be made a non-profit?

Whatever happens in the future, please know, Jay, that I would be completely lost without IPDB and want to publicly Thank You! for all of the work you have done to help make my pinball restorations and Pecos Pinball successful.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pecos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipdb-needs-support?tu=pecos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.