(Topic ID: 196735)

IPDB is offline - Hurricane Harvey

By I_P_D_B

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

As a result of mandatory evacuation due to multiple expected levee breaches in Houston, the IPDB will be offline for an estimated minimum five days.

Email service to and from the IPDB editors is unavailable during this time.

Jay

#2 6 years ago

FYI, for anyone who wants to see the cached pages on IPDB in the meantime, search for the game title on google like this: ipdb attack from mars

Then click the little down arrow next to the link (if using a mobile device, you will need to switch to desktop mode to see it), then click "cached" on the menu that appears.

#3 6 years ago

Jay I hope all is well with you, your family, and all the staff at IPDB affected by the hurricane. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

#4 6 years ago

Stay safe !

LTG : )

#5 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that, Jay. If I can help in any way, let me know. I'd be happy to act as a static mirror for IPDb.

Stay safe!

#6 6 years ago

Thank you for the kind thoughts, everyone. It is my pinball partner, Christopher Wolf and his family, who are affected. I am safely up north in dry Seattle.

Robin, I will forward your offer to Wolf via a temp email address he gave me, but he may be too distracted right now to look at that account. Can't say. Plus, who knows how clogged internet access currently is in that area. Perhaps if you PM me with an email address that he can use to contact you, I will include it in my message to him.

Thanks,

Jay

#7 6 years ago

Before I found Pinside, IPDB was the first web site I went into when I first got into this hobby. Please stay safe.

#8 6 years ago

stay safe and take care of yourself!

#9 6 years ago

Stay safe to all involved.

#10 6 years ago

IPDB has been one of my favorite websites for a long time, and one I visit daily. The last few days being down reminds me that I need to make another donation once they're back up and running again.

Thanks for all your hard work Jay!

#11 6 years ago

Site is back online!

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

Site is back online!

Yes, indeedy. Please note that ipdb.org may still be occasionally unavailable until Sep-04-2017.

1 month later
    #13 6 years ago

Offline again since 23-10-2017

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

It's been working for me, including now.

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

??? it's working for me.
    Tested now from Europe/France, IPDB is online. I used it yesterday and today and didn't notice interruption of service.
    Work fine : pictures and database datas are available.
    May be a local problem ?

#16 6 years ago

It's been working fine here as well.

#17 6 years ago

Fine here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipdb-is-offline-hurricane-harvey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.