3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by I_P_D_B
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Posting here because IPDB is an invaluable tool.

How long does it generally take for pics to be processed through the queue?

I have many to upload, but my test upload hasn't been touched yet. Just wondering if I am being impatient or if IPDB is no longer "staffed".

#2 3 years ago

You probably need to be patient. Jay is on here and might see your comment but I would think he is snowed under with updates and new machine listings?

#3 3 years ago

It can take up to a year for image submissions to be posted on IPDB. It's a huge task to update so many machines in the database.

#4 3 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/changes.pl

Jay is constantly working on it. He is still adding new games and adjusting old submissions.
    It says he made over 600 changes last month.

Give it time, as KenLayton said, it can take up to a year.

#5 3 years ago

OK. I'll ping him and see if he needs any assistance. I'm sure a bunch of you guys already asked if he needed help though.

I've got a Wonka and JJP GNR in the shop that I was planning to upload pics of. Plus all the others I get in the shop for repairs that I can take detailed pics of.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

OK. I'll ping him and see if he needs any assistance. I'm sure a bunch of you guys already asked if he needed help though.
    I've got a Wonka and JJP GNR in the shop that I was planning to upload pics of. Plus all the others I get in the shop for repairs that I can take detailed pics of.

Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Reports of my disinterest in pinball have been premature and ill-advised! I am not "over it"!!
    I am still around, healthy, energetic, and quite willing to get back to updating the site once the Submission Tool issue has been resolved. This idea about seeking others to take over the IPDB is a complete fabrication from Peter and I am dismayed that it could begin a rumor so I asked dmacy to remove that portion of his Poll. However, to do this, the entire poll had to be scrapped. Dmacy is a good man and I told him I understood that he was only going by what Peter has written on the other thread in his most recent post there. However, Peter went rogue and none of what he said in his post came from me.
    Thank you for the kind words here and for the recent donations. You are great folks. There is nothing you can do to fix our current issue so that is why you don't know what to do, because I never came to you for help!
    Details are in a post I made today in that other thread.
    Thank you!

You can try, I don’t believe Jay is looking for help though. I think he’s happy with his workflow. I know the backlog kills us, waiting potentially a year, but maybe Jay likes having the constant work.

Good luck!

#7 3 years ago

So the best course of action is to just send a deluge of pics? I'd hate to duplicate efforts if someone else has already submitted the same pics.

I'm OK with that, I just don't want to complicate things.

2 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago

Posting here because IPDB is an invaluable tool.
    How long does it generally take for pics to be processed through the queue?
    I have many to upload, but my test upload hasn't been touched yet. Just wondering if I am being impatient or if IPDB is no longer "staffed".

Hi,

For what game did you upload pictures, please? Reply here, then I can look for it and process it right away.

I'd say upload the many you have instead of uploading serially, if that was your plan. Often, I am working on a particular game and wait until a point where I process all submissions in queue for that game, all at once. It's not always FIFO (first in, first out).

This is a good time to again let pinsiders know that anytime you wonder why your IPDB submission has not posted, please please email me and ask. I welcome status inquiries. You will not bother or annoy me to email me to ask! I promise! I prefer it much better than stumbling upon threads on this site where people seem unhappy and I don't get to know.

Quoted from pins4u:

Jay is on here and might see your comment

LOL. I showed up today to check status on a request for some specific help that I placed on this site yesterday. And then I stumbled upon this thread.

Periodically, I drop by to search this site for my name or I'll search for "IPDB" to find comments or complaints that would not otherwise come to me. There is a human nature thing where pinsiders and RGP'ers will tell each other things about the IPDB that I could act on, but they don't tell ME. For instance, someone might say on pinside, "The IPDB is wrong" but I'll have nothing in queue to correct it and no email. It's always been this way and it used to frustrate me but now I'm used to it. I consider this site searching as a part of my "outreach" efforts.

Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It says he made over 600 changes last month.

My personal bogey is 500 changes per month. That's when I feel satisfied that I have done well for that month.

I know the backlog kills us,

I did not know that!

maybe Jay likes having the constant work.

In the sense that our users contribute the content that we show, I look at it that I am receiving gobs of help. In terms of giving someone access to the internal workings of the site to process that which our users contribute, for display on the site, is where the choke is. I have not figured out how to interview for apprenticeship with the site. One cannot discern what degree of help is being offered, what level of commitment. Are they willing to research or do they want to just post pictures, etc.

I'd hate to duplicate efforts if someone else has already submitted the same pics.

The "same" pics? Do not submit other people's pics, please. But, you likely meant "similar" pics, where two different photographers each send pics of his game? Don't worry about that. We want to have pics of at least two examples of every game which means repeat images but of different games. Also, if you think your pics are better than the ones we have, maybe in better lighting, maybe in sharper focus, maybe in larger size, maybe your game has the correct bumper caps whereas the game on the IPDB has wrong ones, then yeah submit your pics and maybe tell us why, in the Notes to Editor box in the Submission Tool.

Thank you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipdb-image-submissions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.