Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by toyotaboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I was thinking today, there's a database for nearly every pinball ever made (IPDB), but there's really no central site that lists mods. I realize that often mods are sometimes one off (especially custom toppers), but there are so many mainstream aftermarket mods (TZ, funhouse) that many know about, but the information is so scattered.

Does such a website exist? If it doesn't, is there interest in starting one?

#2 10 years ago

There are a few threads here that list a lot of mods for some games and can be pretty handy, but no site from what I have seen.

#3 10 years ago

It should just be part of IPDB. I also think they should keep track of pinball sightings in TV and movies as I frequently see them and wonder if others noticed as well. Like Firepower II and PinBot in the grocery store in Raising Hope.

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bischt:

It should just be part of IPDB

I just got a response like a few days ago for something I sent over a year ago (yet rejected because it was cleaned up). That site just isn't kept up to date, it's run by like one guy from what I gather.

Quoted from Bischt:

I also think they should keep track of pinball sightings in TV and movies as I frequently see them and wonder if others noticed as well

There is this site, not sure how often it's updated either?
    http://www.pingeek.com/film/film.htm

I know I saw a lotto pinball machine from the 40's in some bar on mike & molly recently.

I'm seriously thinking about taking the plunge and registering a domain, installing some wiki software, and let a few moderators update it. I'd like to focus on mods:
    * toppers
    * playfield mods
    * general lighting add-ons and changes
    * PIG II mods
    * custom one off rethemes (flash gorden --> ghostbusters)

It would also be nice to have an up-to-date "pinballs on tv and movies" page, adding photos screenshots as they become available.

#5 10 years ago

Maybe expand pinwiki to have a page for each machine and template them so they act like a database? Seems like something called pinwiki should be a wiki for pinball. At the moment it seems as though repair is the only info. I believe the wiki software has API access so it would immediately become a more useful ipdb, assuming the information gets ported...

#6 10 years ago

Wow there really don't seem to be many contributors to pinwiki. Maybe us pinsiders can help them expand. I feel pinwiki should be THE goto source for pinball information (or at least the first stop) along with pinside or course.

#7 10 years ago

here's a very quick rough page I threw together.. it's basically the concept I'd like to capture:
    http://www.illinoispinballclub.com/pinballmods

#8 10 years ago

Awesome idea, make it easily updated by anyone who registers, populate it yourself as much as possible and let the various boards know about it and it should take off nicely imo.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Bischt:

Wow there really don't seem to be many contributors to pinwiki. Maybe us pinsiders can help them expand. I feel pinwiki should be THE goto source for pinball information (or at least the first stop) along with pinside or course.

Pinwiki seems weak as far as content. I think the last half dozen times I tried to look something up there was often a placeholder but no information.

#10 10 years ago

Found a thread already started:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-mods

few good sites but nothing that's centralized

#11 10 years ago

your idea is perfect..
    that would make it so easy to find new stuff.
    imagine you buy a machine.. and just need to go to one place to see what all the mods for it are available. that would be awesome!

#12 10 years ago

Made some updates, focusing on TZ since it seems to have the most of any. I think I've got the format down to what I want.

If anyone has any they'd like to submit, basically send it to me in this format:
    1. game title
    2. mod photo
    3. mod description
    4. link where I can buy it (if you have multiple sources, even better)

Eventually I'll register a domain, get a form setup so you can just type on the website and send. I think if everyone contributes, it'll start to really fill up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipdb-for-mods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.