By I_P_D_B

1 week ago

Stats

• 24 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by heni1977
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 days ago

Hello friends,

Starting April 8, the IPDB has been down, almost continuously, due to unexpected hardware problems. This could last for several days.

It will likely be completely down until the new system is up. If anyone finds it up, we don't know how long it will be up and it could disappear at any time. It crashes regularly, anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours after it has restarted.

Because we receive emails every day from our users, I am concerned that any emails sent to me/us on April 8 (and later) may have become irretrievable by us and the sender would never know and neither would we. Wolf says your emails to us bounce to let you know we did not receive them. If no bounce message, then during moments of uptime and if I am online then I should see the emails that arrived and may be able to hurriedly email you a reply before the site goes down.

If you have submitted images and information to us since April 8 via our online Submission Tool, it should still be there for us to see once things stabilize. You can always verify this by clicking on our [Settings] link to view a list of all of your unprocessed submissions in the right-side column of the Settings page, but, as always, it will list only the submissions where you have included your email address in the box provided for it, in the submission.

Wolf and I apologize for this problem and he wants you to know that he is trying to get the site up asap.

I will post here again when the problem is deemed as fixed.

Thank you,

Jay
    IPDB

#2 11 days ago

Thanks Jay. I use IPDB almost as much as Google! It is the backbone of the entire hobby... let us know if you guys need any help/funding/etc. We owe it to ya!

(edit: of course you do, there is no “if”... money sent!)

#3 11 days ago

That sucks Jay! If you guys need any help or if Pinside could somehow host a temporary/cached copy for a while, let me know!

I will sticky this topic, so everyone knowns the status and, more importantly, that you're working on a solution.

#4 11 days ago

In the meantime, you can use Wayback Machine... http://archive.org/web/

#5 11 days ago

I never realized how much I rely on IPDB until it’s down.

Thanks for maintaining such a great resource, Jay.

#6 11 days ago

Thanks for all of your efforts! I long ago lost track of how often I reference the IPDB for all kinds of information. It's a great resource!

#7 11 days ago
    Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Thanks for all of your efforts! I long ago lost track of how often I reference the IPDB for all kinds of information. It's a great resource!

Thanks so much for all the help over the years Jay! I can't even remember the amount of times I've been saved by downloading a manual I didn't have and all the awesome pics that people submit.

#8 11 days ago

PM me if you need a server instance or bandwidth, though my guess is these are not your problems.

#9 11 days ago

Jay and Wolf,

Thanks for the notice! Much luck with the stabilization.

Another appreciative user,
    -Ryan

#10 11 days ago

something to get on one of the cloud providers for sure...

Neil.

#11 10 days ago

Just donated to ipdb. Hope it helps.

Thank you Jay for this amazing resource that I use every single day! Keep it going!!!!!

I urge everyone else who uses ipdb to donate as well by clicking on the link at the bottom of the ipdb home page. Don't take these amazing resources for granted.

#12 10 days ago

If you guys need a resource to help you spin up something cheap in Azure, let me know, I'd be happy to help.

#13 10 days ago

I have totally taken IPDB for granted, referencing it somewhere between daily and weekly. Such a great site, my donation is on the way.
    THANK YOU

#14 10 days ago

I will be donating as well! Love this site!!

#15 10 days ago

That's why I can't download manuals anymore? I sure hope it's a temporary glitch....

#16 10 days ago
    Quoted from AlexSMendes:

That's why I can't download manuals anymore? I sure hope it's a temporary glitch....

Just be thankful you could've downloaded manuals for free all these years, sheesh!

Thanks again Jay for keeping IPDB going for all this time, best resource on the net for pinball related questions for me when working on games to quickly double check the MPU or weird quircks etc. Seconded here if you need any donations let us know we are happy to help as well!

#17 10 days ago
    Quoted from PinballBulbs:

if you need any donations let us know we are happy to help as well!

Just do eeet!

Money enroute... thx Jay & Chris!

#18 10 days ago

thankfully ipdb seems fairly stable this AM

#19 9 days ago

IPDB is a love of a few, DD and Jayman. We can only hope they get reliable hardware in place (something that is not 10+ years old) and keep it running with ease (Linux maybe). God bless your efforts, IPDB does a great job of commanding for those that need some commanding.

#20 4 days ago

To be honest I had no idea IPDB had a donation mechanism/model. Thanks @robin for sticking this thread and team Pinside for pointing out what is only subtly listed on the lower corner of the website.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my new replacement Skee Score Displays for Model H & S Skee Ball

#21 2 days ago

Looks like IPDB is still not at 100%. Banner says submissions are disabled, check back in a few days.

#22 1 day ago

Donation sent! I also had no idea that IPDB accepts donations. IPDB is my first stop whenever I am curious about a playfield layout or if I need a manual. Thanks for the good work you do and thanks for keeping IPDB free of popups and other web-junk!

#23 1 day ago

Yes! So glad it’s back up.

#24 1 day ago

Yep using it again to look at schematics for F-14 to see which transistors run the upper left flipper. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 259.99
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 299.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 27.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.50
    Lighting - Led
    Lermods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    £ 29.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside