SSA40012.JPG
untitled.png
imagesCAOAPYYJ.jpg
transfer punch set.jpg
IPB.jpg
image-727.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5432.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! That Shadow playfield came and went in a heartbeat.

So did the WCS sample, and I was really wanting that. Fffff...

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's back! Go get it.

.. I'm claiming it. I happen to know the wiring for the extra switches. Once I *GET* a WCS, I'll get this clearcoated, and put it in.

#266 9 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I had it in my shopping cart as I want to acquire a Shadow in the future. Then decided, it would be hoarding a bit. And let it out. Your welcome.

I was going to say - if you were going to get it, I expect to see it put in a game, and could have offered the wiring for the 'unused' switches.

Edit: Apparently I can't read. Ignore this. D'oh.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from Multiball1:

Not hijacking (since the only Shadow PF has already been sold), just wanted to say I have a prototype NOS Shadow playfield for sale if the knowledge of wiring the extra lights would make it more attractive for you.
Badbilly, I was hoarding this PF, so if you buy it from me you wouldn't be furthering the hoarding, it would be a net net zero sum gain/loss for the world of pinball. At least you'd be using it someday in the future, I wouldn't. So at the end of the day you'd actually be doing a righteous act !!

I'll let Badbilly take it - I was actually talking about WCS, and somehow misread what he had said. Ignore me! (Although.. I DO like Shadow...)

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

$850 for a WCS playfield.... nice price......ummm no! First item in parts added
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc

I'm getting it for the alternate artwork.

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

What differences can you spot between the pre-production WCS playfield for sale and the production one?

Quoted from flashinstinct:

The only thing I see is the tackle area seems different.

Okay, this doesn't cover all of the differences, but -
(1) No 'flags' on Boston and DC (for 'Hurry Up' and 'Extra Ball')
(2) Third 'Striker' target between TV Scoop and Ramp
(3) Kickback lamps are numbered (for an old rule of 'stacking' available kickbacks)
(4) "Ultra-Goalie" was originally "Ultra-Ball".
(5) 'Special' and 'Los Angeles' inserts have 'faded' white/black text, instead of all black on production.
(6) Switch cutouts for the right outside loop
(7) All 'Build' inserts have one patch of the soccer ball clear, so the light shines out part of the ball.
(8) Really minor, but in the passage from Goalie to Left Loop there's a cutout for a non-existent hole.
(9) Tackle cutouts - were three standups, instead of a slingshot-like rubber switch. Color in the 'Tackle' area was green in sample, changed to teal.
(10) On the back side, you'll see a routed area around the ball. This was (I'm pretty sure, no confirmation) used for a proximity sensor, for the 'Ultra-Ball' mode that got change.
(11) The large globe in the bottom center, under all the other srtwork, had it's "land" portions originally a blue. Production had the land green.
(12) The large 'GOAL' insert is teal on the sample, yellow on the production.
(13) The word 'LOCK' was added to the 'BUILD' inserts.
(14) Left Inlane insert changed from blue(-ish?) to orange.
(15) Lock inserts were green in sample, yellow in production.
(16) Upper Striker target cutout was shrunken. (Type of target changed?)
(17) Extra Ball insert changed from Orange/Amber to Red.

I have old wiring schematics of the missing switches (in fact, two of them, the right loop) still appear named in the software. Try running the game in 'Single Switch' test! But no boards were made for the missing prox switch, so was thinking about cooking one up by hand.

Post edited by Coyote: Added #'s 12 - 17.. I somehow missed these until now..!

#274 9 years ago

Arg, I can't edit properly.

#280 9 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

I talked to neo at expo and he thinks he can restore mine. The rest of the pf has very little wear it just seemed odd someone would "fix" the scantum wear by cutting through it. Let's just say when I first shopped it out I was a little surprised lol
Oh well. I'll just stick with my plan of getting my pf restored

Wow. What an odd thing to do. I'm rather nostalgic when it comes to my games, so if I were in your position, I'd try getting it fixed. (But, I'd also line up a replacement, in case! If the restore goes well, then you have an extra playfield for wall art, "in case of emergency", or can re-sell it.)

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Well - glitch in the ordering system - I didn't get The Shadow

Wow, sorry! Did PPS identify what happened?

1 month later
#314 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

I love how the DW MPF is just floating within the main playfield. 22 years ago, this was just coming out of the CNC.
So cool!
faz

Interestingly, it looks like it has NO protective clearcoat of any kind - DP or otherwise!

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

I've seen quite a few DW, FH and RS playfields where the minis were just sitting where they were CNC'd out, but not actually popped out.
Depending on where the DW PF was in the production phase, it could be an artwork sample, or something else, and didn't go to final clear.

It may be a reject - looks like some of the artwork is off-register around the inserts, leaving bare wood between the insert and it's art outline.

Neat field though, like was mentioned, like how the mini PF's just in there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipb-stuff-for-sale?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.