SSA40012.JPG
untitled.png
imagesCAOAPYYJ.jpg
transfer punch set.jpg
IPB.jpg
image-727.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5432.JPG
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
#101 9 years ago

There appears to be a DM and JD playfield in there...

#102 9 years ago

if there is only one of anything it's likely going to stay as a reference for us for any new playfields to compare, etc ... at least for the first pass.

rick

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

if there is only one of anything it's likely going to stay as a reference for us for any new playfields to compare, etc ... at least for the first pass.
rick

Pm sent

#104 9 years ago

But if you have more then one you will sell ? PM sent.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

But if you have more then one you will sell ? PM sent.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836269-979-3836

i don't see why not ...

#106 9 years ago

also note ... everything you see is located now in Illinois Pinball "West Coast" headquarters ... i.e. California ... nothing is left of IPB in Illinois.

#108 9 years ago

PM Sent

#109 9 years ago

PM sent

#110 9 years ago

Pm sent

#111 9 years ago

Pm sent

#112 9 years ago

pm sent

#113 9 years ago

did this just turn into a silent auction site?

This is another example of why business accounts that actively sell on Pinside should have fees associated with them.

#114 9 years ago

PM sent

#115 9 years ago

PM sent.

#116 9 years ago

Got a BOP playfield? If so, I'll take it. I can send you back my stock playfield in exchange if it's the only one. Mine is in decent shape but I want to do a full restore.

#117 9 years ago

PM sent for an RFM playfield

#118 9 years ago

Well if we are all getting in line ......

I would like a CFTBL playfield.

imagesCAOAPYYJ.jpgimagesCAOAPYYJ.jpg

Hurry take my money before I spend it on something stupid like my kids education.

#120 9 years ago

Aaaargh, I just realized I missed out on the WCS sets. (I'm assuming they're long gone). Hope the rumored CPR reruns are coming soon? Those things are like gold.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is another example of why business accounts that actively sell on Pinside should have fees associated with them.

Agree. Other hand it's good to know what's available but if this hobbyists forum is used for marketing, then people who enables it, should get some compensation. After all, this site is not here for to make money as everyone can see from the absence of ads etc. Big thanks for that to Robin &Co.

And I really could use some Indiana Jones playfield if this is the place to shout out interest. And Cactus Canyon also if available

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is a hobby site, if you have stuff to sell commercially I agree Robin should be compensated.

#124 9 years ago

I could use an Eight Ball Deluxe and High Speed playfield, or good quality overlay.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

This is a hobby site, if you have stuff to sell commercially I agree Robin should be compensated.

define commercially please.

does this mean that everyone doing a small run of mods or otherwise, where this isn't there major source of revenue should be charged as well? (eg. the guys providing stickers, boutique runs of plastics, add-ons, etc...)

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but when I want to announce that the joust reproduction playfield plastics are available (a project where jim smith and I have poured in almost 3 years of time as more a of benefit to the community then an attempt to "cash in" and make money), should I compensate robin. and if so, how much is normal?

#126 9 years ago

We donate to pinside every month ... can we take that topic to another thread, as I'm sure all of those who sell a game or sell a part will want to have an opinion and this thread is not for that.

Moderators ... can we keep this thread on track at least?

thanks,
rick

#127 9 years ago

Rick,

Will you please list prices for each pf or at least a general price range for each based on catergory.

What you are doing currently is a silent auction and is typically frownded upon by the community. As accustomed with most silent auctions there is a fee associated with each sale that is paid to the company facilitating the sale/auction, hence the request for a commercial business such as yourself to pay to sell (if you are going to run silent auctions where potential buyer give you a price and you wait and field offers).

If you just said, "I am shooting for $600 on any DMD pf and $1000 for the more rare stuff" then you would at least be setting a standard expectation.

#128 9 years ago

DAMN, Hilton. How bout just being happy Rick posts this shit here on Pinside before he puts it on his site for the general public to see??

Quoted from Whysnow:

Rick,
Will you please list prices for each pf or at least a general price range for each based on catergory.
What you are doing currently is a silent auction and is typically frownded upon by the community. As accustomed with most silent auctions there is a fee associated with each sale that is paid to the company facilitating the sale/auction, hence the request for a commercial business such as yourself to pay to sell (if you are going to run silent auctions where potential buyer give you a price and you wait and field offers).
If you just said, "I am shooting for $600 on any DMD pf and $1000 for the more rare stuff" then you would at least be setting a standard expectation.

#129 9 years ago

Sheesh, Has the OP not been posting links as he goes through this stuff. The way I read this was Rick said " I have a bunch of playfields to go through"

Then this:untitled.pnguntitled.png

Some of us pinheads need to step away from the ledge.

#130 9 years ago

Rick,

Let me say that I really appreciate you bringing this stuff to Pinside first to see if there is any interest and giving people here first crack. It really is a great gesture of you do that. Thanks.

#131 9 years ago

I think it's just fascinating to see what he picks out of boxes from day to day, that were rescued from IL ...

#133 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

DAMN, Hilton. How bout just being happy Rick posts this shit here on Pinside before he puts it on his site for the general public to see??

I think we are the "general public".

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#134 9 years ago

Generous public.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I don't really care where he posts it, just ask that he has the decency to list an asking price rather than fielding offers and seeing what he catches by pitting hobbyists against each other to PM him what they will pay.

You did not see Pinball Resource post a bunch of NOS pfs and field offers. They did the right thing and set a price and listed them all at once on their website for anyone to buy or leave.

Why should we let one of the biggest businesses in pinball off the hook for common decency when using the hobbyists web forum to sell products?

#136 9 years ago

Hilton ... You are obsessed with me... All within the rules ... I posted that I was trying to see what I should look for ... Have no idea of the prices until I go thru them (based on what people are looking for). I'm sure it's frustrating that I don't do things the way you would like me to. Trolling is also against the community norms as well ... Lol

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from _litz:

I think it's just fascinating to see what he picks out of boxes from day to day, that were rescued from IL ...

I would love to be able to get to his warehouse and see all of this first hand myself.

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Hilton ... You are obsessed with me... All within the rules ... I posted that I was trying to see what I should look for ... Have no idea of the prices until I go thru them (based on what people are looking for). I'm sure it's frustrating that I don't do things the way you would like me to. Trolling is also against the community norms as well ... Lol

I am not trolling you Rick and no worries as nobody could possibly be more obssessed about you than you already are.

I simply call a spade a spade. You bought this stuff from IPB and are the biggest seller of liscensed pinball reproduction parts in the world (?) so if you don't have a clue what to ask I find that silly.

DMD era popular stuff > $600-$1000
Other crap > depends on title. Some of it is worth a couple hundred and the rest could be worth a ton.

Either way is it really so hard to make a general price point and stick to it?

PBR put up all their NOS pfs for $600 and let it ride. Some were underpriced and sold instantly while others are still sitting. Seems simple and easy and also removed the perception that they were trying to squeeze theri customers for every last dollar.

#139 9 years ago

I need playfields

PM sent

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am not trolling you Rick and no worries as nobody could possibly be more obssessed about you than you already are.

if you want to voice genuine concerns you can do it without cheap shots like this. it's hard to read posts as objective concerns when they contain personal insults.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

I would love to be able to get to his warehouse and see all of this first hand myself.

I'll drive!

#142 9 years ago

Other crap > depends on title. Some of it is worth a couple hundred and the rest could be worth a ton.
Either way is it really so hard to make a general price point and stick to it?
PBR put up all their NOS pfs for $600 and let it ride. Some were underpriced and sold instantly while others are still sitting. Seems simple and easy and also removed the perception that they were trying to squeeze theri customers for every last dollar.

Err..! IF Rick was trying to squeeze every last dollar out of his customers he would have put the prices on BBB stuff up! $80ish for a tube dancer and tube , $375 for a BBB decal set! This stuff went on eBay for $250 and $1000. Rick has done the BBB community a huge favour, selling HARD,RARE, items for a fraction of what people were prepared to pay!
TAF plastic sets. $199 they sold out for a reason RARE and a good price , not much more than a readily available MM set!

Planetary in my opinion is very competitively & fairly priced

Post edited by Pinhead1982: Spelling

#143 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

What I will do next is do a rack at a time, pull them out, take a picture of each (in focus!), try to figure out what the deal is with each one and then list them here ... hopefully starting on Saturday I can do that.

He already said he was going to list them on Sat on the PPS site

#144 9 years ago

I have a suggestion for the JD eagle topper = $80.00 bucks!!

#145 9 years ago

Amateurs....

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Moderators ... can we keep this thread on track at least?
thanks,
rick

If you have a problem with posts, then please report those posts. Continually calling out the moderators inside posts in threads is not going to solve anything, as we cannot and will not catch everything. I'm here now because someone reported your comment on your behalf so that we could look into it. We check the moderator reports on a continual basis, we do not check every single post or thread as there is no human way to do that as the current stats look like this:
FORUM ACTIVITY
There were 95 new topics and 2,033 posts in the past 24 hours.

You can also start a Moderator Feedback thread, found under the Pinside heading on the subform list, if you would like to ask questions/get answers from Robin and the mods.

Thanks.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I have a suggestion for the JD eagle topper = $80.00 bucks!!

I'd pay an extra $10 for the right color gold this time.

#148 9 years ago

Rick, please stop sending me whacked out messages via pm. It is getting a little creepy and I have nothing to say to you in private that can't be said in public.

You should probably spend your time trying to source the appropriate coin mechs for MMr rather than harassing me via pm or selling IPB parts for a huge mark up over what they were selling them for.

Did you ever figure out if these will work on MMr?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/will-this-coin-mech-work-on-wpc-games#post-1817085

#149 9 years ago

OK Guys,

I spent a few hours at PPS west this morning with Rick and was given the OK to share a few things. No major details and please do not P-mail me with questions.

We went through racks of playfields. Rick shared the list of playfield requests with me as I looked for titles. We began sorting what seems to be production playfields from non-production playfields. There is several newer titles of certain runs but the others are limited to one or two plus odd returns and playfields that never dimpled or diamond plated. Some are engineering or artwork returns. We ran across some dull colored playfields that were way off compared to the color of the production runs. One playfield had a long channel cut out of it starting at the top and ending at the center about 2 1/2 inches wide.

Here's a little bad information. Although there may be a few of some rare playfields there, it is most likely those will be needed as samples for new runs. The good part of that is eventually there will be some remakes of the more desirable older fields that will be matched properly to color. Also there is a healthy mix of a few Capcom and Alvin G, but mostly Williams, Bally (6800 and 6803 games), DE, and Sega fields.

I can probably mention this without getting my hand slapped. I ran into a red and white Party Animal playfield that had "watercolor transfer" marked on it. It was actually pretty cool. No blues or yellows at all. I'll ask permission to share the picture of it later for the ages. There was a couple other playfields without color, which was interesting.

The biggest message to convey here is Rick is very motivated to getting out playfields that he can to those who need them, providing they are available. No need to keep these bottled up. The listing I did today took a long time as this is not just pull the playfield, price it, confirm it, and ship it. There are too many things that have to be compared and checked before most can go out so patience would be appreciated. There's going to be some luck involved so I hope you get your request fulfilled.

#150 9 years ago

Would love a TMNT or SW if DE playfields are available.

There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipb-stuff-for-sale/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.