SSA40012.JPG
untitled.png
imagesCAOAPYYJ.jpg
transfer punch set.jpg
IPB.jpg
image-727.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_5432.JPG
There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 9 years ago

We will be using this thread for IPB things for sale - as we start going thru thing we will post as we find interesting stuff. Most all items will be on PPS site at least.

First item up ... original WMS Kester "44" Rosin Core Solder 1LB ... used for WMS Pinball / Arcade mfg

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B32-SOLDER&Store_Code=PP

#2 9 years ago

Holy crap, that would last me several lifetimes!

#3 9 years ago

You know once you sell that you're gonna need it. Still regret selling my pound of solder.

#4 9 years ago

Yeah .. but this is the good stuff that's no longer available ...

#7 9 years ago

Cirqus Voltaire SILKSCREENED playfields, using original art films. NOTE: upon some further inspection it appears that there are no dimples at all on the top or bottom! (vs what we said). SO, we are looking into figuring out what to do. Most likely - for anyone who has purchased we will give the option of either getting a mylar overlay for the dimple locations top and bottom -or- you can return this. Argh ... once again, what I was told was not true and didn't really look as I had assumed they were dimpled as they were ready for sale by IPB ...

Have not had any reports of any issues other than the "Join the Cirqus" insert bleed problem which made the white area anywhere from 'white' to 'white and pink' to 'pink' where it was supposed to be white only. The pink actually looks very cool. Assume these can be touched up, etc. These are from IPB who was going to sell them at shows before they were acquired.

In any event, get them while they are available, very limited quantity - I would suggest the playfield assurance option which will have the PPS warehouse send pictures, etc, based on what you are looking for. I do not think there are any 'pure white' so please do not ask as these all have some degree of pink bleed. In fact we think the ones with alot of pink might be the rare ones in the future!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-36-50062&Store_Code=PP

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

You know once you sell that you're gonna need it. Still regret selling my pound of solder.

Glad I've got mine.

IMG_5432.JPGIMG_5432.JPG

#9 9 years ago

I used to buy that stuff from Gene for 10 bucks a roll, then it went up to 15 bucks , I have bought 40 rolls and it is almost gone !

I wish I had bought more before shit hit the fan .

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Glad I've got mine.

IMG_5432.JPG 183 KB

Me too, I bought 5 rolls from Gene @ CAX for 50 bucks.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Glad I've got mine.

IMG_5432.JPG 183 KB

Wow, and yours was $100! This is less than a third of that!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I used to buy that stuff from Gene for 10 bucks a roll, then it went up to 15 bucks , I have bought 40 rolls and it is almost gone !
I wish I had bought more before shit hit the fan .

LOL!

Beat my post by 16 seconds.

#13 9 years ago

How much do you have Rick ? Gene always said he had 500 rolls , here is my last shipment .

image.jpgimage.jpg image-727.jpgimage-727.jpg
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

Wow, and yours was $100! This is less than a third of that!

There's a decimal point in there. It was only $1 at a garage sale.

#15 9 years ago

I don't even have a CV and I want one of those playfields.

#16 9 years ago

Some friends of mine picked me up a repro (I think) dw translite from rick over the weekend that came from ipb. Thank you guys (and rick!)

#17 9 years ago

Can someone explain what is so special about this solder?

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Lead.

LTG : )™

#19 9 years ago

How is it different than this besides packaging? Same catalog number, size, mix, etc?
http://www.all-spec.com/products/KW4465.html?gclid=COj3l9PDxr8CFQIT7AodhhMA_Q

Quoted from PPS:

Yeah .. but this is the good stuff that's no longer available ...

#20 9 years ago

Doesn't solder expire?

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Kester changed the model number on this solder, so everyone went crazy thinking it was discontinued.

If you call Kester and ask why it was discontinued they tell you not to panic and give you the current part number: 24-6337-8800

Get the good stuff from PPS, cheap solder is a nightmare.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Doesn't solder expire?

Kester says it's good for 3 years from the DOM.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

10 bucks a roll, at 30 bucks a roll not so much.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kester changed the model number on this solder, so everyone went crazy thinking it was discontinued.
If you call Kester and ask why it was discontinued they tell you not to panic and give you the current part number: 24-6337-8800
Get the good stuff from PPS, cheap solder is a nightmare.

That part number is half the diameter and a different mix of lead (63/37) The original part number is in the link I posted above. Am I missing something?

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Kester says it's good for 3 years from the DOM.

Hmm so I probably shouldn't have gotten excited and ordered some then? Wouldn't this solder be DOA? Is this just for the antique solder collector or will I actually be able to use it?

#26 9 years ago

I've been burning through the same 1lb roll of Kester solder for over 15 years (it, and I, left Greater Southern at the same time) ... it works now just as well as it worked then.

60/40 Kester is all I've ever used ... it's really, really good stuff. Just be aware it DOES contain lead.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Joshmx19:

Hmm so I probably shouldn't have gotten excited and ordered some then? Wouldn't this solder be DOA? Is this just for the antique solder collector or will I actually be able to use it?

http://www.kester.com/kester-content/uploads/2013/02/Shelf_Life_Policy.pdf

I've got old solder at my desk at work and it works fine.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

That part number is half the diameter and a different mix of lead (63/37) The original part number is in the link I posted above. Am I missing something?

63/37 is eutectic solder. That other solder is 60/40, and not nearly as nice to work with.

This is what you want to buy:

http://www.all-spec.com/products/KW4410.html

#30 9 years ago

The Kester solder is .062, I have been using a solder that I think is like .032. It has always worked better for me than the thicker stuff.....have I just not used good .062? Thoughts?

#31 9 years ago

I have several LBS ... and at least two thicknesses.
One for thruhole... one for SMT.

#32 9 years ago

I use .032 for circuit board work and .062 for point to point wiring (like coils and transformers).

#33 9 years ago

I keep several sizes on hand too.

....for really nice selection check out MG Chemicals solder. I love it.

#34 9 years ago

I have gone through nearly 40 lbs of this stuff and have had no issues what so ever. I use it in my everyday job and go though quit a bit of solder daily.

I wish I had bought more before the price jump .

This stuff Rick is selling is 15 yrs old .

#35 9 years ago

The idea that the solder WMS used is gone like the dodo bird is internet lore that is not 100% true. A call to Kester will confirm that the part number just changed.

Personally, I prefer 63/37 solder. Melts at a slightly lower temperature, which is a *good* thing, which allows you to get better results with less heat.

Considering all that, what PBL charges for a roll of this mystical solder ($100 last time I checked), and the fact that it should still be fine, $30 doesn't seem to be out of line at all.

Why you want *good* solder, and not just whatever is cheap - the good stuff flows well, and cleans up easily after rework. Cleaning flux is one of the biggest pains in the a** of working on boards.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We will be using this thread for IPB things for sale - as we start going thru thing we will post as we find interesting stuff. Most all items will be on PPS site at least.
First item up ... original WMS Kester "44" Rosin Core Solder 1LB ... used for WMS Pinball / Arcade mfg
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-B32-SOLDER&Store_Code=PP

Rick, will you be posting a list of games still available? I wasnt able to make it to Chicago last time you were here and would like to get at least one....

Don

1 week later
#40 9 years ago
Quoted from indy5mike:

The Kester solder is .062, I have been using a solder that I think is like .032. It has always worked better for me than the thicker stuff.....have I just not used good .062? Thoughts?

I find thinner easier to work with as well. Last purchase I went to .020 actually. Kester 245 no-clean for lead rework.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Addams Family Silkscreened Plastic Sets: (note: limited supply, but check back mid week may have more)

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-31-1664-COMP&Store_Code=PP

Found some more from the IPB stuff ... get them before they are gone ...

rick

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Found some more from the IPB stuff ... get them before they are gone ...
rick

Got it, thanks!

#43 9 years ago

watching this thread for goodies...

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Scared Stiff Glow in the Dark Boney Kits

I just read this afternoon in Pinball Magazine No. 2 featuring Dennis Nordman about how Scared Stiff was intended to have glow in the dark bones and stuff until it was cut to save money. I bet this would look amazing.

#47 9 years ago

Rick,

Thanks for simultaneously listing this stuff under new products on your site, it helps me a lot.

#48 9 years ago

Silver Round Marbled Shooter Rod 20-9927-1 (about $10 less than what is around out there - intro price!)

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-9927-1&Store_Code=PP

There are 328 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipb-stuff-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.