Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 71 days ago by bkaelin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 71 days ago

I have an IPB and a CPR Addams Family playfield and I was wondering if there is any consensus of which is better. No agenda here. Just wondering what you think. I'm especially interested in hearing from folks who have direct experience with both.

#2 71 days ago

Wow, crickets....
Anyone have an opinion on this?

#3 71 days ago

I can tell you I have an IPB and really like it despite some difference from original version(s). I have not seen a CPR in person nor compared side by side though. I'd recommend getting the best of either and have them cleared.

Can you take some good pics of both side by side in the sun? I'm sure you'll get some good advice that way.

#4 71 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Can you take some good pics of both side by side in the sun? I'm sure you'll get some good advice that way.

Honestly, they both look great. I was interested to know if there are any known differences, in either function, quality, accuracy, whatever.
Visually, I don't see a big difference, but the IPB playfield "feels" a bit heavier/beefier (I haven't actually weighed it).

#5 71 days ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I can tell you I have an IPB and really like it despite some difference from original version(s). .

I am curious to know...what are the differences?

#6 71 days ago

No offense, but since you have both playfields, why don't you try to find the differences yourself and present them to this audience?
I suspect that there are very few people who have both playfields at their disposal and have done comparisons. Most would simply be happy with one or the other.

As mentioned earlier, pictures side by side would be great and educational.

Yves

#7 71 days ago

What aspect of "better" are you looking at?
Artwork detail/color?
Clearcoat?
Dimpling?

Better is a very subjective thing, unfortunately. I've worked with both, and each has pros and cons.

#8 71 days ago
Quoted from Arcane:

No offense, but since you have both playfields, why don't you try to find the differences yourself and present them to this audience?
I suspect that there are very few people who have both playfields at their disposal and have done comparisons. Most would simply be happy with one or the other.
As mentioned earlier, pictures side by side would be great and educational.
Yves

No offense taken. Side by side, I don't see a significant difference. I was more thinking from a functional perspective, not visually.

#9 71 days ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

What aspect of "better" are you looking at?
Artwork detail/color?
Clearcoat?
Dimpling?
Better is a very subjective thing, unfortunately. I've worked with both, and each has pros and cons.

Indeed. I was really thinking in terms of function, quality, accuracy of the dimpling, alignment...
Not really talking about the artwork, detail or color, because my old eyes don't see a significant difference.
I just thought it was worth knowing and there are more experienced, smarter folks around here that might have something to say, so I would love to hear the pros and cons, as you see it.

#10 71 days ago

I have used both versions many times. I lost count on IPBs and have done 4 with CPRs so far.
If the IPB is a second run it is good.
If it is a first run then it is likely not drilled or dimpled and might have mismatched blue GRAVE insert arrows the blue ones.
CPR version is nice and has only a couple things to adjust along the way.
What those are can be as simple as just enlarging a through hole for a post or ballguide.
Nothing I have not seen on NOS playfields.
If you look through my restoration galleries you can probably find info on either and or both.
This is a Cpr
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album696

This is a IPB

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album305?page=12

#12 71 days ago

This is a true NOS from the original run I believe
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album123?page=4

Throw in the Mirco run and there are lots of different TAF playfields out there. Each one unique and each one better than a trashed original.

#13 71 days ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Throw in the Mirco run and there are lots of different TAF playfields out there. Each one unique and each one better than a trashed original.

Indeed, thanks for sharing your knowledge!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 15.00
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 57.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 17.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BK Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 999.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside