(Topic ID: 57679)

CabCradle for iPad/iPhone/Android Devices!

By policano

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by policano
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2001_Left_Side.jpg
    1001_Side_Right.jpg
    1001_2001.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
    6.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I started a little project the other day. I will say, by far not the greatest work but it is really cool. Im going to make one with model wood now that I have this foam model with some obvious modifications to the cab. ipad1.jpgipad1.jpgiPad2.jpgiPad2.jpg ipad1.jpgipad1.jpg

Checkout our Website for more information! (The pictures you see here are prototypes, see the actual products on www.CabCradle.com

#2 10 years ago

Hah! That is awesome!

#3 10 years ago

Pretty cool... Love to see the finished product. Plan on putting some legs on it or is it just going to be a table top edition?

#4 10 years ago

Right now, a table top as I like the idea to have in my desk and play. thanks for the kind words.

#5 10 years ago

Update: it's actually more fun to play using it I think.

#7 10 years ago

I like how you can play it on the ceiling, that's the coolest part.

#8 10 years ago

If I could put pins in the ceiling, I could double my collection.

From what I can tell upside down, it looks really cool. I always complain about playing on the iPad because I can't hold it right and flip halfway decent, so this probably would be much easier. Good job!

#9 10 years ago

You could hack one of these controllers, put it in your wood one.

http://www.amazon.com/Duo-Games-04-0019ML-Pinball-iPad/dp/B008M0NDRM

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Stupid iPhone. I'll correct the photos when I get to the office on my computer.

#11 10 years ago

I have that and actually am going to use the icade. That way it'll work with the pinball arcade.

#12 10 years ago

I was just looking at it again on Amazon because I didn't think it was compatible with Pinball Arcade. The price is way down though, so maybe worth it for 5 tables.

#13 10 years ago

The 5 tabes are not bad but to be honest, pinball arcade is so much better.

#14 10 years ago

The icade works with pinball arcade? That could be sweet. The tough part might be working in a plunger. But I guess you could rig up something on a spring that hits a button inside the cabinet to look real.

I'm thinking this couldbe a sweet project.... I might try to make one too.

Great idea. Thanks for the inspiration

#15 10 years ago

I have the duo games pinball accessory....I like it a lot. I did wait until the price drastically dropped on amazon....no way I was paying $60 for a piece of plastic that didn't work with all the pinball apps. Duo's line of HD pinball games are pretty solid...and fun. Yeah it's not PAs real tables but enjoyable none the less.

I like your set up policano....the only thing it needs are flipper buttons. This is the one thing that all these iPad pinball apps are missing....tapping on a glass screen just doesn't do it for me though I still play them all the time.

#16 10 years ago

Thanks! I believe that the iCade works with Pinball Arcade but not the Duo. I have both and will try the iCade tonight after work. Here are the corrected photos. I found another person doing something like this but he used the iCade to control the Pinball Arcade apps.

iPad3.jpgiPad3.jpg iPad2.jpgiPad2.jpg ipad1.jpgipad1.jpg

#17 10 years ago

With the White Water pin a couple months ago, they added support for the iCade! I will be doing that tonight!

#18 10 years ago

Can you check the icade for me? I'm wondering if one of the buttons works for games that have magna save extra buttons, or are they on the screen still?

#19 10 years ago

I will check for you. I have been working all evening but I am going to do that before bed here to see.

#20 10 years ago

Avoid the duo, get an iCade Core for around $30 bucks and wire it to your switches. Somewhere on the pinballarcadefans forum is a thread on building and wiring up one of these.

Also, I believe you can set your buttons to work as specials how you want them for games like BK.

#21 10 years ago

I just realized the icade 8 bitty also works as a controller for pinball arcade. I played a game of bk and couldn't get the buttons to control the magnet saves. I still had to touch the screen for them, hopefully the icade core has better button mapping, or maybe this is a feature that needs to be added to the game.

I'd love to be able to build a cabinet with a 24" tv as a playfield and the iPad as a DMD and backglass. But that's just a pipe dream for now

#22 10 years ago

The icade also works with the Zaccaria app

#23 10 years ago

Tonight Chris and I made significant progress on the model and we now have a filling working model. Made entirely from wood with working flippers, bump buttons, and a start/plunger. We made several design improvements and it is awesome! Friday evening we will be assembling a few more and my mom will be painting artwork on them.

I can't believe how much better it is to play on this with working flippers instead of using the touch screen.

A couple pictures.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#25 10 years ago

We have challenges that we will be working out on the next two models. Overall, we are very happy with the progress made.

We plan to make several of these actually.

#26 10 years ago

Would love to see some of these at the Pinball BBQ next year. Nice work!

#27 10 years ago

Amazing

#28 10 years ago

Wow, I didn't realize the potential for making a pincab with iCade components. This guy has a lockdown bar, nudge buttons, and a shooter button. Check out the thread below.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4587-My-Pinball-Arcade-Cabinet-(iPinCade)/page3

#29 10 years ago

Looking pretty sweet.....You guys gonna make any cabs that will fit regular iPad models?!

#30 10 years ago

Please keep us posted on your progress with this thing. It looks fantastic and the possibilities are practically endless.

Great work so far!

#31 10 years ago

Awesome project Policano!

Can you guys please clarify if the iCade works with the Pinball Arcade app? And has anyone hacked the Duo to work?

Quoted from MnHotRod:

Wow, I didn't realize the potential for making a pincab with iCade components. This guy has a lockdown bar, nudge buttons, and a shooter button. Check out the thread below.
    http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/4587-My-Pinball-Arcade-Cabinet-(iPinCade)/page3

Wow! That is a pretty deadly little cabinet, I'd love one.

#32 10 years ago

Got the first coat of paint on the cab. Also cut out the acrylic for the translite.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 10 years ago

On pa forum more people ate building one for ipad, i gonne do it too. But i am waiting for the ios 7 controller support. Then look at the options.

For now i play with a steelfree gamepad.

#35 10 years ago

Adding lighting behind translite.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#37 10 years ago

These were $60 last year. It's a steal now for $10!

#39 10 years ago

Looks really cool, I started making one for my iPad I while back, I didn't go as far as adding buttons. The flipper and nudge buttons are pretty far back, is that because of wiring for the start button?

#40 10 years ago

No, it's the way we find it the most comfortable to have your hands in the side instead of the normal position. Our original position was more natural but found it uncomfortable. Works great like this. Have been playing for hours tonight. I did play a lot of my pins as well !

#41 10 years ago

With the buttons that far back aren't your hands partially leaking over the edge blocking the screen?

#42 10 years ago

Not really. Your thumbs sit on the railing along the screen. Ill try and get a picture so you can see.

#43 10 years ago

Another late late evening for Chris and I. Tonight/Today we worked on a couple different things.

1. Added Artwork to Model B.
    2. Created another Model B. without Buttons (On Order)
    3. Created an iPhone/Android Desktop Pin
    4. Created another iPhone/Android Desktop Pin

The idea with the iPhone/Android Pin is that you have a place to set down your phone at your desk. Pretty simple?

Here are some pictures of the finished products.

*We still have to apply the rest of the artwork on the iPhone/Android Pins.

We have several orders for them and thank you for that! We have a great time making them. 2.jpg2.jpg 1.jpg1.jpg 3.jpg3.jpg

#45 10 years ago

I had no idea that you were making the phones ones to sell. I've got an iPhone 5 and I think it needs one of these.

#47 10 years ago

One more.

Also we are going to sell these soon. We are working out some details and modifications. I will reply back to my PMs shortly.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 10 years ago

Pretty cool but I like 47" hi def screens =)

#49 10 years ago

If like to make a bigger version these are just fun to have on the desk.

We are planing on an regular iPad verson. The prototype will be ready sometime this week.

#50 10 years ago

I'm very excited to be working on these. As Tony stated we will be working on the full sized iPad tonight and we hope/expect to have photos tonight at the very earliest.

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ipad-mini-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.