Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Shug
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I have never played the actual "real" BOP table but I am really enjoying the iOS version. I did have a question:

The skill shot in this version doesnt seem to really be much of a "skill" shot at all... just do a full plunge and hit the max point target every single time. Is this the case in the physical game itself?

Just seems like its a game bug ....

Awesome game otherwise.

#2 11 years ago

The max point value is not the last spot though...are you sure about that? I think the second last one is 200k, and the last one is only 25k.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from Shug:

I have never played the actual "real" BOP table but I am really enjoying the iOS version. I did have a question:
The skill shot in this version doesnt seem to really be much of a "skill" shot at all... just do a full plunge and hit the max point target every single time. Is this the case in the physical game itself?
Just seems like its a game bug ....
Awesome game otherwise.

The ease of the skill shot is pretty dependent from machine to machine. It's sometimes impossible depending on the strength of the plunger and game setup.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

The max point value is not the last spot though...are you sure about that? I think the second last one is 200k, and the last one is only 25k.

That's correct....last plunge is 25 k. I have a BOP and have a medium tension spring on my plunger....I never hit that 200k every time and it can be tough. Hitting it for me is rewarding....I think skill shots on a pin are a great way to start a game and excellent!

#5 11 years ago

The one that I played (read as only one I've played) at the Michigan Pinball Expo acted the same. At first I thought I'd have to baby the plunge to get that skillshot, but it turned out I had to pull it all the way back, pause, release, and it would hit the skillshot every time. It did feel a bit gummed up, but it's also the only one I've ever played so I can only compare it to other pins.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

tomdotcom said:The max point value is not the last spot though...are you sure about that? I think the second last one is 200k, and the last one is only 25k.
That's correct....last plunge is 25 k. I have a BOP and have a medium tension spring on my plunger....I never hit that 200k every time and it can be tough. Hitting it for me is rewarding....I think skill shots on a pin are a great way to start a game and excellent!

Quoted from tomdotcom:

The 200k is next to last yes. I never said anything about shooting for the last spot...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ios-pinball-arcade-bop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.