7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

This is your invitation to the 29th Annual PINBALL EXPO near Chicago, Illinois on October 16th-20th, 2013.
    We offer the most variety of any pinball show.
    There will be a tour of the STERN pinball factory. And play all the newest Stern Pinballs.Meet GAry Stern
    Play the NEW Wizard of OZ pinball by Jersey Jack Pinball and meet the team that produced it. AND Jersey JAck himself
    We will have well over 100 machines to play, with many for sale.
    An autograph session with many present and past pinball industry people. Remember except for Atari all pinballs have been made in Chicago since 1933
    A large exhibit hall with vendors selling anything you may need for your machines. There are over 40 different vendors
    Friday there will be a 2-player team tournament See http://www.expobrawl.com/ for complete details and to register.
    There is also a flip out tournament for young and old with a BRAND NEW Stern Pinball as grand prize.
    Four days of seminars with a wide variety of presenters.
    We offer a free website spreadsheet for games wanted or for sale. See http://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqfyRwsaFsdjdGlWdURTOWJRTlpTY0VZSkttd0NRcmc&hl=en_US#gid=0 for more information.
    Dont miss the LTG show full of surprises.
    Play the Worlds Largest Pinball Hercules!!! The pinball is a pool CUE Ball. WOW!!!
    Our game hall will be open all night Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to play pinball as well as Thursday and Friday evening and Saturday from 9am all night until closing in sunday.

Expo 2013 On-Site Game Repair Available
    This year Pinball Expo will have a team of game repair help available to fix your games or boards at the Pinball Expo hall. There will be a side-room available with Rob Anthony (314-766-4587) operating the test fixtures. For a nominal hourly fee he will gladly test and repair your solid state games or boards right at Pinball Expo.
    See our website for the complete PINBALL EXPO 2013 SCHEDULE. THE 2013 SCHEDULE WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON, AND WILL HAVE THE SAME TIMES AS LAST YEAR’S SHOW, except for names of seminars and speakers.

There is a block of rooms available at a discounted rate at the Westin where the show is held. See https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1304041208&key=90FDF to make hotel reservations.

Make your reservations NOW as we do expect to sell out the hotel!! WE did last year weeks before the show

See www.pinballexpo.com for all details and to register. There is still exhibit space available and we welcome you to bring your games to show or sell.
    Also mark your calendars for another great pinball show OHIO PINBALL SHOW next March. See http://ohiopinballshow.com/ for all details.

Any questions please email or call Mike Pacak at mgpacak@aol.com
    or call 330-518-3141

#2 7 years ago

Plan to attend now. You don't want to hear about what you all missed afterwards.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : 5th year of the LTG : ) Show !

#3 7 years ago

For those of you new to pinball, this is a great show. You'll be glad you went!

#4 7 years ago

yes, would be a great experience to attend, maybe one day

#5 7 years ago

My lady booked this years room before we even left last year. Always a great adventure and full of plenty of stuff to keep up busy. From the stern tour to the banquet, and plenty of pinball machines in between.

// Error: Image 117989 not found // // Error: Image 117990 not found // // Error: Image 117991 not found // // Error: Image 117992 not found //

#6 7 years ago

Man. No love for the P-ROC showcase? It's going to be awesome.

The guys from Pinnovating are shipping over their Matrix pin, and bringing code for an alternate version of Demo Man they cooked up. Dutch Pinball's Bride of Pinbot 2.0 will be there. A fully custom game called "Wrath of Olympus" by Scott Gullicks which is turning out amazing will be there in some form. And more! Not to mention the whatever developments on the P^3 that Multimorphic decides to show off.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/expo-2013-p3-predator-bop2-the-matrix-ccc-dm-on-steroids-and-more

#7 7 years ago

I am sending out like 6000 emails I will ad about the P roc stuff thought about it but didnt know how to explain it

#8 7 years ago

Sweet, I finally got an invite.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Meet GAry Stern
    Play the NEW Wizard of OZ pinball by Jersey Jack Pinball and meet the team that produced it. AND Jersey JAck himself

Can't wait to meet GAry Stern and Jersey JAck.

#10 7 years ago

Me too YAncy

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

This is your invitation to the 29th Annual PINBALL EXPO near Chicago, Illinois on October 16th-20th, 2013.
    There will be a tour of the STERN pinball factory. And play all the newest Stern Pinballs.Meet GAry Stern
    An autograph session with many present and past pinball industry people. Remember except for Atari all pinballs have been made in Chicago since 1933
    A large exhibit hall with vendors selling anything you may need for your machines. There are over 40 different vendors
    Friday there will be a 2-player team tournament See http://www.expobrawl.com/ for complete details and to register.
    There is also a flip out tournament for young and old with a BRAND NEW Stern Pinball as grand prize.
    We offer a free website spreadsheet for games wanted or for sale. See http://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqfyRwsaFsdjdGlWdURTOWJRTlpTY0VZSkttd0NRcmc&hl=en_US#gid=0 for more information.
    Play the Worlds Largest Pinball Hercules!!! The pinball is a pool CUE Ball. WOW!!!
    Our game hall will be open all night Thursday, Friday, and Saturday to play pinball as well as Thursday and Friday evening and Saturday from 9am all night until closing in sunday.
    This year Pinball Expo will have a team of game repair help available to fix your games or boards at the Pinball Expo hall. There will be a side-room available with Rob Anthony (314-766-4587) operating the test fixtures. For a nominal hourly fee he will gladly test and repair your solid state games or boards right at Pinball Expo.
    See our website for the complete PINBALL EXPO 2013 SCHEDULE. THE 2013 SCHEDULE WILL BE AVAILABLE SOON, AND WILL HAVE THE SAME TIMES AS LAST YEAR’S SHOW, except for names of seminars and speakers.
    There is a block of rooms available at a discounted rate at the Westin where the show is held. See https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1304041208&key=90FDF to make hotel reservations.
    Make your reservations NOW as we do expect to sell out the hotel!! WE did last year weeks before the show
    See http://www.pinballexpo.com for all details and to register. There is still exhibit space available and we welcome you to bring your games to show or sell.
    Also mark your calendars for another great pinball show OHIO PINBALL SHOW next March. See http://ohiopinballshow.com/ for all details.
    or call 330-518-3141

Hi Mike!
    I mentioned this to

Quoted from mikepin:This is your invitation to the 29th Annual PINBALL EXPO near Chicago, Illinois on October 16th-20th, 2013.
    See http://www.pinballexpo.com for all details and to register. There is still exhibit space available and we welcome you to bring your games to show or sell.
    or call 330-518-3141

Hi Mike!
    I mentioned this to Rob, but thought I'd ask you, as well!
    Is there any way to get Allen Shope,or a rep from Treasure Cove, to demonstrate their playfield polishing kits? Also, last year at the "Dinner with Pat Lawlor", someone mentioned that they owned Wizard Blocks, and Pat seemed interested. Can you arrange to bring WB to the show? The guy that owns it could probably do a seminar just on that pin!!! He's very knowledgeable,and a huge collector! He and I spoke for a while, and he's very pin-wise. Very enjoyable and informative!
    Just some suggestions!
    Oh, and enjoy the hot tub!!!

#12 7 years ago

Accepted!

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Remember except for Atari all pinballs have been made in Chicago since 1933

Not a big deal, but note that Allied Leisure pinball machines were built in Hialeah, Florida during the mid-late 1970's.

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Remember except for Atari all pinballs have been made in Chicago since 1933

Don't forget about JJP and Zaccaria. I am sure there have been many others.

#15 7 years ago

Mike,

FYI, the dates for the shuttle are wrong on the site.

Ron...

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from roc-noc:

Don't forget about JJP and Zaccaria. I am sure there have been many others.

In Mike's defense, I think he only means US companies as there were several European pin companies. Interflip, Recel, Segasa, Sonic, Bally WULFF etc.

#17 7 years ago

I need to book a booth... Pinnovators will be attending our first expo!

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Sweet, I finally got an invite.

Please someone un invite this guy^

#19 7 years ago

ok ok I forgot about ALLIED.. Come on I woud bet from like 1933 to today 99.999 % of every US pinball was made in Chicago??

#20 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

ok ok I forgot about ALLIED.. Come on I woud bet from like 1933 to today 99.999 % of every US pinball was made in Chicago??

Mike, I know. That's why I said not a big deal.

Bruce

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

In Mike's defense, I think he only means US companies as there were several European pin companies. Interflip, Recel, Segasa, Sonic, Bally WULFF etc.

Bally WULFF I think they where just US Bally games re-banded

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

Please someone un invite this guy^

They've tried!

#23 7 years ago

Sounds like an awesome event. I will see if TigerLaw wants to take the ole trusty moped on a road trip

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

And let's not forget the odd Australian company too - Hankin.

#25 7 years ago

AND the ILLINOIS pinball company??? AKA the ILL pinball company

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Sounds like an awesome event. I will see if TigerLaw wants to take the ole trusty moped on a road trip

Yes!!! This sounds like a rocking trip to me. Will call you later and formalize plans.

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes!!! This sounds like a rocking trip to me. Will call you later and formalize plans.

Are you going?? It also looks like there will be a small DFW group going this year as well. We had a group go a few years back and it made Expo tolerable.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

Will they be there this year?

#29 7 years ago

nope

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Can't wait to meet GAry Stern and Jersey JAck.

Come on man ! Its simple code, GAJA is going to be there , I'm sure there will be an official announcement ,this was just a teaser . Check GAJA's website for updates , I'm sure something about this will be there soon .

1 month later
    #31 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Are you going?? It also looks like there will be a small DFW group going this year as well. We had a group go a few years back and it made Expo tolerable.

I missed the response on this thread. That's a bit of a long drive. It sounds like we may be putting a small group together for the Orlando, Florida show (actually isn't that much shorter of a drive, but they have a general entertainment show right after the pinball show, so it is a two for one deal). Will keep you posted.

Oh, I'm going and bringing the wife on that Dallas private collection pinball limo tour in November. Hope to visit with you in person! Thanks!

#33 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I missed the response on this thread. That's a bit of a long drive. It sounds like we may be putting a small group together for the Orlando, Florida show (actually isn't that much shorter of a drive, but they have a general entertainment show right after the pinball show, so it is a two for one deal). Will keep you posted.
    Oh, I'm going and bringing the wife on that Dallas private collection pinball limo tour in November. Hope to visit with you in person! Thanks!

It is a long drive. I'm going to try out some kind of new fangled flying machine

My flight was only $230, it would cost me twice that to drive it. And I can't fit a pinball on an airplane so it keeps me from buying one. I save money all the way around, a win-win. Still time to make plans, should be a fun weekend.

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

My flight was only $230, it would cost me twice that to drive it.

That's a stunningly good deal. American out of Dallas? United out of Houston (formerly Continental) doesn't have prices for flights like that any longer.

As Speed mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm going to chat with him and see if he wants to hit this show or the Orlando show. The Chicago one is certainly the mecha of pinball shows.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's a stunningly good deal. American out of Dallas? United out of Houston (formerly Continental) doesn't have prices for flights like that any longer.
    As Speed mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm going to chat with him and see if he wants to hit this show or the Orlando show. The Chicago one is certainly the mecha of pinball shows.

Sorry, on my phone so had to quote the whole thing. I'm flying Spirit out of Dallas which is a crap airline but they are cheap. Looks like just over $400 out of Shreveport. I'm staying on site (someone had to have the party suite) but a friend is staying off site but close for half the cost. I've got a car rented so transportation is done. No excuses, we'll see you there

#36 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

No excuses, we'll see you there

Shot early morning pinball texts to the Lake Charles pinball group to take everyone's temperature on this show vs. the Orlando show. We'll catch one of them.

#37 7 years ago

Any news on the seminars schedule? It doesn't seem to be up yet on the website, but I would definitely like to see it before deciding whether to take the flight out or not...

thanks!

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from mikepin:

LOL

Show me once again how you have Gene listed on your cell phone, Mike.

2 weeks later
    #39 7 years ago

I am definitely going. And I tried to get the suite, any suite..looks like ^^^ beat me to it

#40 7 years ago

My flight, from ga. To Chicago, was only $230!

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

I'm flying Spirit out of Dallas which is a crap airline but they are cheap.

That's funny right there.

#42 7 years ago

Too bad the Stern Factory tour is always on a weekday. We live near the Westin Hotel, but my teenage boys, who love pinball and are Stern's future customers, can't miss a day of high school classes just to see the factory. A Saturday tour would be nice one day.

#43 7 years ago
    Quoted from dentalalf:

Too bad the Stern Factory tour is always on a weekday. We live near the Westin Hotel, but my teenage boys, who love pinball and are Stern's future customers, can't miss a day of high school classes just to see the factory. A Saturday tour would be nice one day.

They can be sick and make the day up. Never to early to teach your kids how to circumvent the system

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

They can be sick and make the day up. Never to early to teach your kids how to circumvent the system

Wasn't ferris beuler's day off shot in Chicago?

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from PINBELL:

Wasn't ferris beuler's day off shot in Chicago?

Yes. His house was on the near north side.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    € 339.00
    Displays
    GermanGamingSupplies.com
    $ 110.00
    Boards
    AMCO
    $ 9.95
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 16.00
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Other
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 25.50
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 88.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside