(Topic ID: 14871)

Invisiglass VS PDI Glass comparison

By markmon

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Sparkle glass cleaner.jpg
    lotr%202[1].jpg
    IMAG1252.jpg
    general view after.jpeg
    81260-i.jpg
    IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3051.JPG
    IMG_2386.JPG
    thumbs_up_car.gif
    InvGla-Xmen_Off.jpg
    InvGla-Simp_On.jpg
    InvGla-Simp_Off.jpg
    Invisiglass.jpg
    jjp_with_gg.JPG
    reg_glass_with_gg.JPG
    wrap.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PurpleTophat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#129 10 years ago

It was the Avengers...

I knew that instantly. I can't understand why anyone is on here saying that this glass doesn't reduce glare. Yes it does. It COMPLETELY does. It's not only super clear, it actually does reduce a TON of glare. The wife and I drove ourselves 2 hours out of the way on our trip to Niagara Falls to go play WOZ for the first time in Toronto, and we were BLOWN AWAY by the invisiglass.

Here are pictures I took of side by side pins. Mind you, these pins were sitting right next to each other, so lighting conditions were the exact same!! The first pic is a stock TF, and the second pic is a WOZ with invisiglass. There's no arguing with this. Just look at the pictures. The difference was even more noticeable in person.

I don't own invisiglass. I have no dog in the fight, but don't sit here telling me that it doesn't reduce glare.

IMG_3051.JPGIMG_3051.JPG IMG_3052.JPGIMG_3052.JPG

#130 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

I am in the window business in Australia
    Is invisiglass simply low iron glass that is tempered?
    In Australia it's called starfire glass and a quick look on google says it has the same in the USA. It would be cheaper to simply order it from a glass wholesaler or local glass company, who would be able to deliver direct at a much cheaper price.
    I would order it tempered and for added benefit get the edges flat polished
    hope this adds.

Can anybody verify this?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PurpleTophat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-vs-pdi-glass-comparison?tu=PurpleTophat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.