(Topic ID: 313873)

Invisiglass vs mirrored backglass

By dnapac

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG20220419234357 (resized).jpg
    IMG20220419234130 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

What’s more important?

#2 2 years ago

Well since you play the playfield and not the backglass I’d have to answer Invisiglass.

That being said I like my vanilla standard tempered glass just fine. I’ll buy a mirrored backglass to replace a bad translite if needed.

#3 2 years ago

Invisiglass is one of the single best upgrades you can make. I used to be a hater. Now every one of my games has it. And I have 2 spare sheets for some damn reason...

#4 2 years ago

Invisiglass is awesome but expensive, get it if you can afford it.

Also, where is the poll?

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

What’s more important?

My $300 in the bank.

rd

#8 2 years ago

I would go with invisiglass. I love when people ask me if the glass is on or not because it is so clear (the glass is on by the way) lol

#9 2 years ago

I've never bought a game because it had invisiglass. I've bought several because I'm a sucker for a mirrored backglass.

I always replace the glass when i get a game, and the overhead lights are behind the player so there's no reflection. I find that if I keep it clean, I can see right through it...........

#10 2 years ago

I would go for the back glass .
    Top picture normal glass , bottom picture invisi glass .

IMG20220419234130 (resized).jpgIMG20220419234130 (resized).jpgIMG20220419234357 (resized).jpgIMG20220419234357 (resized).jpg
    #11 2 years ago

one is for looks, the other for functionality. How is this even a question?

#12 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Because invisaglass isn't always a huge diff'rence

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Which one changes functionality, and how so?

#14 2 years ago

Mirrored backglass all the way for me, there are so many ways to reduce glare that are so much cheaper. Invisiglass to me is a complete waste of money, $250 for glass or closing the blinds and pushing the light switch. To be fair mirrored back glass would be pretty far down my list as well but it is better ROI for me.

#15 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

Which one changes functionality, and how so?

Invisiglass. Nice clear view of the pf and far fewer reflections

Quoted from TheLaw:

Because invisaglass isn't always a huge diff'rence

I admit I haven't tried it on every game ever made but its been a pretty big difference any time I've seen it! Personally, I'm too poor to afford either one! If I could afford only one though I'd probably get invisiglass. I could even transfer it to another game easily if I sold the machine, another win!

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I admit I haven't tried it on every game ever made but its been a pretty big difference any time I've seen it!

I think it has a lot to do with set up. Got a piece from my brother and in my basement it's really not a big thing. Def better, takes some glare away, but maybe like $50-100 a piece worth it...ish.
    YMMV

#17 2 years ago

I’ve never had invisiglass (or like it). My Legends of Valhalla came with both of these. I really like the mirrored backglass, but have to admit that the invisiglass is great (IMO).

#18 2 years ago

I put a cpr backglass in everything I can. The one in my creech is beautiful. I have both in my Godzilla LE and if I had to choose only one, I would get rid of the anti glare in heartbeat.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-vs-mirrored-backglass?hl=electronmagic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.