(Topic ID: 28023)

Invisiglass: Pricey, but pretty damn awesome!

By molspin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flyguy_s_Shoes.jpg
    Lift_shoes.jpg
    There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 11 years ago

Thanks for the info Terry. I sent you a message earlier. You can ignore it.
    Dave

#102 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

It all adds up, so if you are in the area, picking up the glass directly from our warehouse is the way to go.
    Terry.

I picked up 5 sheets from Terry during Expo, this is definitely the way to go!

Also as a side note.. is it me, or is this glass lighter than the normal stuff? Weird.

#103 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

$250 per sheet if you pick it up from our warehouse and pay cash. We'll wrap it in bubble wrap for you as well. It's the packaging and CC fees that kill it when it comes to shipping. Packaging cost alone is $18. Paypal or CC is another $9. Paying someone to pack and ship it is another who-knows-how-much. It all adds up, so if you are in the area, picking up the glass directly from our warehouse is the way to go.
    Terry.

Awesome!

#104 11 years ago

I wonder if anyone coming to the Texas Pinball Festival will have either PDI or Invisiglass?
    Anyone?

Bill

#105 11 years ago
    Quoted from BDillon:

I wonder if anyone coming to the Texas Pinball Festival will have either PDI or Invisiglass?
    Anyone?
    Bill

That would be awesome.
    Wish there would be some sheets at the Houston show next weekend.

#106 11 years ago

You guys should convince Rob Anythony (Borygard) to keep some in stock.. he goes to almost every show in America. lol

#107 11 years ago

PDI glass is in transit and should be in stock at pinballdecals within a week. Anyone interested in buying anti-glare glass at this momemt should consider getting in touch with them, as any glass that is not prepurchased typically goes fast. I have PDI on 32 machines and am very happy with decision to include it on all my pins. This includes wide body, regular and safecracker size glass.

Once WOZ arrives, that will be my first pin with Invisiglass. Glad Jack moved logo beneath lockdown bar because I don't enjoy looking at a manufacturing stamp.

#108 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

PDI glass is in transit and should be in stock at pinballdecals within a week. Anyone interested in buying anti-glare glass at this momemt should consider getting in touch with them, as any glass that is not prepurchased typically goes fast. I have PDI on 32 machines and am very happy with decision to include it on all my pins. This includes wide body, regular and safecracker size glass.
    Once WOZ arrives, that will be my first pin with Invisiglass. Glad Jack moved logo beneath lockdown bar because I don't enjoy looking at a manufacturing stamp.

Dude, that is pretty low. Jacking a Invisiglass thread in the JJP sub-form where we are trying to get a group buy going on Invisiglass with PDI sales info. I suggest its own thread to inform people the PDI glass is in shipping from overseas and will be in the USA soon for purchase.

I like the logo and wish it had stayed in place.

#109 11 years ago

Hey abso,

I am guessing jeffspinballpalace has spoke with pinballdecals about a bulk order from the members of Pinside and has found out that they also will be giving a large order discount.

He just has not posted the specifics on the discount as of yet.

#110 11 years ago

Are you still taking interest? I'd take one if we get 20+ sheets wanted. I know a guy that also might be interested. Just to be safe ad only +1 for me. (edit) NM

#111 11 years ago
    Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Are you still taking interest? I'd take one if we get 20+ sheets wanted. I know a guy that also might be interested. Just to be safe ad only +1 for me. (edit) NM

We are, I think I am going to need to start a new thread for people not able to pick up from Terry at Pinballlife. We are pretty close to 20.

#112 11 years ago

I am in for 1 for sure ( standard Size). I realized my Edit might be suggesting to NM my interest. I am still interested. The edit removed logo questions

#113 11 years ago

I'm interested.
    What exactly is the deal if we get 20?

#114 11 years ago

$250 / sheet plus shipping if we get 20+

#115 11 years ago

I need a WB for IJ.... Please count me in.

#116 11 years ago

I'd consider a sheet or two, but would definitely need them shipped... to Canada

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from Drano:

I'd consider a sheet or two, but would definitely need them shipped... to Canada

Getting them to the border is close enough.. maybe we can arrange a group buy for us Canucks. I wouldn't mind one more sheet..

- B

#118 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

Getting them to the border is close enough.. maybe we can arrange a group buy for us Canucks. I wouldn't mind one more sheet..
    - B

True enough.
    Put me down for two if we can swing it. I know a few pinsiders and MAACA members are not far from Detroit. If there were any way to get them there we'd be in business.

1 week later
    #119 11 years ago

Where/how do we place our order for the group buy?

Bill

#120 11 years ago
    Quoted from BDillon:

Where/how do we place our order for the group buy?
    Bill

I will have some details soon.

2 weeks later
    #121 11 years ago

Is this dead?

#122 11 years ago

Nope but Jen has been busy. Going to get some details soon.

#123 11 years ago

Thanks for the update!

#124 11 years ago

I have noticed that the taller you are, the better this works. If your standing directly over it at 90 degrees, it works 100%, the shorter you are and the lower to the glass you are the less effective it is. If your at a 45 degree angle, or less, it's completely useless. Doesn't block at all. Literally 0%. Unfortuately, most of us arnt' as tall as Todd to take full advantage of the glass actually working.

#125 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have noticed that the taller you are, the better this works. If your standing directly over it at 90 degrees, it works 100%, the shorter you are and the lower to the glass you are the less effective it is. If your at a 45 degree angle, or less, it's completely useless. Doesn't block at all. Literally 0%. Unfortuately, most of us arnt' as tall as Todd to take full advantage of the glass actually working.

Are you talking all glass or just invisiglass? I have found this to be true for all glass but I do not agree the glass does not reduce glare. Both PDI and Invisiglass reduce glare a lot, not eliminate, but reduce.

#126 11 years ago

invisiglass, since that's what I own. Can't say for PDI. But at lower degree angles, it's useless. I have it on my TF, and if your 5' 7" or lower, it doesn't do a damn thing. 0%. It looks just like a normal sheet of glass. The angle of the cabinet will effect that greatly as well. I think they may have messed up the polerizing on it. SHould be setup for a 45 degree angle, not 90 degree. Which would eliminate much more glare from a players perspective.

#127 11 years ago

I have to disagree. I am 5'4" and see a huge difference. I have a piece of PDI on my IJ and it blocks most glare. When I go look at my TSPP or JP with regular glass, it is a world of difference.

#128 11 years ago

I have it on my TF, and if your 5' 7" or lower, it doesn't do a damn thing.

Neo, I think you need to get a pair of these ...

Lift_shoes.jpgLift_shoes.jpg

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Neo, I think you need to get a pair of these ...

Nope, i'm not getting them unless they have the fish tanks in them.

#130 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Nope but Jen has been busy. Going to get some details soon.

Glad to find this thread better late than never. Definitely in for 3 or 4 sheets. Any ideas on the shipping? Cheaper for more?

#131 11 years ago

This may be a dumb question, but if local people were to pick up the glass from Pinball Life, do they pay sales tax?

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

This may be a dumb question, but if local people were to pick up the glass from Pinball Life, do they pay sales tax?

Pretty sure they do.

#133 11 years ago

Nope. It's $250 cash out the door. Just make sure you bring your own packing stuff. I used 3 or 4 nice soft blankets and it worked out fine.

#134 11 years ago

Thanks for that info, Terry has a post about that above but that clears up the tax.

#135 11 years ago

OK, I need one too. Regular width. If you're still adding to the bulk buy.

3 weeks later
    #136 11 years ago

Are we any closer to getting this started?

#137 11 years ago

I have Invisiglass on all my modern pins (thanks to Jack's 2-fer sale), at today's pin prices, it's not that steep an investment to pimp out your collection.

2 weeks later
    #138 11 years ago

Just picked up a wide body and standard sheet. I have halogens overhead, not as bad as florescent, but still some problem areas. I agree, seems a bit pricy, but pictures do not do Invisaglass justice, it's pretty amazing, yes there is still some reflection, but where there's not you would swear the glass is off the machine.

#139 11 years ago

I dropped the group buy for a while because JJP had their own sale on that could not be beat. I will take it up again in a few months

#140 11 years ago

A must have for any pin!! It's weird...you walk by, look at the pin and think, "I forgot to put the glass back in?"

#141 11 years ago

Nope, i'm not getting them unless they have the fish tanks in them.

He's a FlyGuy!

Flyguy_s_Shoes.jpgFlyguy_s_Shoes.jpg

#142 11 years ago

I dropped the group buy for a while because JJP had their own sale on that could not be beat. I will take it up again in a few months

What was their sale price?

#143 11 years ago

So where does JJP get their Invisiglass? Anyone know? Perhaps we can order from their supplier.

#144 11 years ago
    Quoted from lrosent345:

So where does JJP get their Invisiglass? Anyone know? Perhaps we can order from their supplier.

He had it made for them. I doubt they are allowed to sell direct. I do not know who it is. All I know is he said it is made in the US. I do not even want to do that. Jack has put a lot of effort getting the product made.

Quoted from gweempose:

What was their sale price?

I think it was buy one get second at half price. It was over the holidays. I think the sale went into the first week of Jan. I figure we could try a Valentines day sale.

#145 11 years ago

He had it made for them. I doubt they are allowed to sell direct. I do not know who it is. All I know is he said it is made in the US. I do not even want to do that. Jack has put a lot of effort getting the product made.

I think glass of a certain dimension and thickness with an anti-reflective surface coating isn't hard to find.

Like here in New Jersey! http://www.tru-vue.com/Specialty-Applications/

Open up or partner with a glass retailer, order your own glass and put your own stamp on it. Competition is a fundamental part of being capitalists in a free-market. Go America!

Brian

#146 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

I think glass of a certain dimension and thickness with an anti-reflective surface coating isn't hard to find.
    Like here in New Jersey! http://www.tru-vue.com/Specialty-Applications/
    Open up or partner with a glass retailer, order your own glass and put your own stamp on it. Competition is a fundamental part of being capitalists in a free-market. Go America!
    Brian

Go for it! If you can get a comparable product cheaper we are all in.

#147 11 years ago

I would be willing to stock this on a regular basis for everyone but the price would probably be no better. The shipping container will probably cost 40-50 dollars. I'll let you know when I get more info on my cost, etc.

#148 11 years ago
    Quoted from lrosent345:

I would be willing to stock this on a regular basis for everyone but the price would probably be no better. The shipping container will probably cost 40-50 dollars. I'll let you know when I get more info on my cost, etc.

I would be interested to hear what you find out. There was another person that tried a few weeks ago and the cost was the limiting factor. If you do decide to try and sell it, it would be best to have your own thread on it.

3 months later
    #149 11 years ago

I am still interested in picking up a few sheets. Any update on the Group Buy. I would like to stop by and pick up directly from JJP in NJ.

#150 11 years ago

If you are in tinton falls, Lakewood is a hop skip and a jump. Go to pinballsales.com. Grab the number and call and speak to Jen. They may give you a deal on a few sheets.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-pricey-but-pretty-damn-awesome/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.