(Topic ID: 28023)

Invisiglass: Pricey, but pretty damn awesome!

By molspin

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flyguy_s_Shoes.jpg
    Lift_shoes.jpg
    There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 11 years ago

Damn you, invisiglass. I'm almost starting to wish I never would've got a sheet for my MB. After having my girlfriend ask me "where is the glass," and still catching myself trying to clean something off of the playfield forgetting that the glass is still on there, I now realize that it is just a matter of time before I have a sheet of this for all of my pins. Even a brand-new sheet of tempered glass feels "cloudy" after putting a game on any pin with invisiglass. I just wish the stuff wasn't so expensive...I could easily get another pin for the cost of outfitting all of my games with the stuff, but to me the visual impact is as satisfying as adding cointaker LEDs.

#2 11 years ago

I'm a noob where do you get it and how much is it?

Jason

#3 11 years ago

I got mine at pinballlife, but you can also get it directly from JJP and other vendors I am sure. It'll run you about $300 a sheet... it hurts just writing that price.

#4 11 years ago

Invisiglass is stupid awesome. You can get it cheaper from Pincades.. I forget his name here on pinside but he advertises in Chicago Craigslist for $275..

http://www.pincades.com/

dont know anywhere else that is cheaper than that

#6 11 years ago

Is that the shipped price? I can imagine that shipping on a large sheet of glass would not be cheap. I just finally broke down and ordered some FF speakers for a couple of my pins. I'm sure the Invisiglass upgrade will be coming soon.

#7 11 years ago

It's entirely awesome... and the price hurts... bad.

#8 11 years ago

I've got one sheet of Invisiglass, and I admit, it is quite impressive.
    Have not seen the PDI glass up close in person, but I hear that it is also great.
    I would just put it on your better pins.
    Most probably would not want to put it on an old worn-out players pin.

#9 11 years ago

Side by side there is no difference in PDI v Invisiglass. They are both better than regular glass for viewing but they are not cheap. PDI is from Europe and usually has a few month wait, Invisglass is being stocked several places and in US. Many threads on it.

Pinsider Phoog has a site pinballglass.com I think that has a less expensive glass than PDI/JJP. Better than standard glass but not as good as PDI/JJP on performance. For the money it seems to be pretty good stuff.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I've got one sheet of Invisiglass, and I admit, it is quite impressive.
    Have not seen the PDI glass up close in person, but I hear that it is also great.
    I would just put it on your better pins.

I have both. The big difference is the reflection from overhead lighting. PDI's reflection is rose colored while Invisiglass is more white. If it weren't for the overhead reflection, I couldn't tell one from the other or which manufacturer made either piece. Invisiglass does have a tackier feel to it.

Now convenience in ordering is a different story. You can get Invisiglass from a variety of sources quickly while PDI glass is hit and miss if it's in stock. Terry at PBL had it in stock, is my supplier of choice, and packages it very well. I had it in two business days. My first piece of PDI glass took months to receive.

Long story short. You won't be disappointed with either product.

#11 11 years ago

+1 on Terry's packing job. I am on a flight right now and just decided to order another sheet. You only live once right?

#12 11 years ago

I just had 8-10 plays on WOZ (at PB EXPO) and the glass was so clear and reflection free that I didn't notice it. Very nice.

Randy

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

+1 on Terry's packing job. I am on a flight right now and just decided to order another sheet. You only live once right?

maybe twice... you never know

#14 11 years ago

Do my machines come with me into the next life? If so, I may as well just order sheets for all of my pins now. ...and why not a few for my future purchases too?

#15 11 years ago

invisiglass is the most important mod in my opinion. the price hurts but it is the best addition to a machine you cannot see

i actually play the games with the invisiglass more often. if it goes on sale again i will buy more.

#16 11 years ago

Haha...well said! What sale price were you able to get it at vex?

#17 11 years ago

Just bought two sheets myself.

#18 11 years ago

Invisiglass is screaming for a group buy.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Invisiglass is screaming for a group buy.

Thats a good idea. I wonder if Jack would do that? He did say it cost more to produce than he thought when he started.

#20 11 years ago

Can you find out, absocountry2? I'd be in for a few more if the discount was worth it!

#21 11 years ago

do you have to clean it with anything special. never mind looked up old thread. DA

#22 11 years ago

Group buy!

#23 11 years ago

I guess I will start by calling Jen.

#24 11 years ago

I bought 2 sheets. One on my Tron, but I put the other on my restored Fathom. Looks amazing on both! If I only had the cash for my other games they would all have it!

#25 11 years ago

I'd be in for a sheet (widebody) if I could get a discount.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

I guess I will start by calling Jen.

Oh yeah, Invisiglass in bulk! Who do we ship it to?

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Oh yeah, Invisiglass in bulk! Who do we ship it to?

Not sure, I will just ask if we could have a secret password to get a special price.

#28 11 years ago

Id take a few more sheets if we could get a pinside discount!

#29 11 years ago

Not sure, I will just ask if we could have a secret password to get a special price.

Anything ever come of this?

#30 11 years ago

Crap! I never finished follow-up. Timing was bad before. Will check now..

#31 11 years ago

Sweet, thanks!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

Damn you, invisiglass. I'm almost starting to wish I never would've got a sheet for my MB

why did I come over and see it!................... Thanks Mike now I have to buy it for all my games

#33 11 years ago

I tried to warn you...I'm up to 4 sheets now. If we are able to get a bulk discount, you should jump on it.
    Thanks again for your help last night, my MB is playing GREAT!

#34 11 years ago

BTW, does anyone know if you only get the JJP logo if you order direct from them?
    I have one standard sheet from PBL = sans JJP logo (only has the small invisiglass insignia); and one widebody sheet from JJP direct = w/JJP logo. I have one more of each size sheet coming from PBL this week (so I guess my question will likely be answered), but curious if anyone knows off hand?

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

why did I come over and see it!................... Thanks Mike now I have to buy it for all my games

This is what I thought when I went to Ted's house in NJ a couple of weeks ago. He has this glass on his T2 and it looks fantastic. Even my Wife (after playing T2) wanted to know why I haven't bought any of this glass yet. I'm holding out hope that the price will come down a bit or possibly get in on some sort of discount like the one already mentioned.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

BTW, does anyone know if you only get the JJP logo if you order direct from them?
    I have one standard sheet from PBL = sans JJP logo (only has the small invisiglass insignia); and one widebody sheet from JJP direct = w/JJP logo. I have one more of each size sheet coming from PBL this week (so I guess my question will likely be answered), but curious if anyone knows off hand?

From what I recall the original run had the logo and lots of people complained saying they didn't want a JJP logo on their Bally, Williams, Stern etc when they purchased the glass as an upgrade to their existing games. So after that JJP just put the small invisiglass that fits under the lockdown bar.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

No, we only Die once, we live everyday! I need a sheet of this glass, someday!

#38 11 years ago

Count me in if the price is nice...Jack can just ship my sheets with my WOZ

#39 11 years ago

I have a sheet that came with my Ripleys and you are correct, it is awesome stuff. But yet I worry so much that I may scratch it or even worse, break it - enough so, I've thought about replacing it with regular tempered glass (yeah, crazy, I know)

#40 11 years ago

Call me crazy but I think the PDI stuff does a better job.. I tried the Invisiglass on two machines here and while the bottom half of the pf looks great, the top half still has a ton of glare.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Id take a few more sheets if we could get a pinside discount!

I talked to Jen and she will work with us a little. She said 10-19 sheets we can get them for $275. If we can order 20 or more we can get them for $250. She said we can get them shipped to several places if we pay the shipping.

I guess the best thing to do is either set a date and see how many people are interested in how many sheets of standard or widebody. I know that standard and widebody cannot be shipped in the same box so shipping will cost a little more if you mix pieces. To give you an idea of shipping cost, here is what Sealclubber and myself paid a few months ago to two places in Illinois.

1 wide & 1 standard to Quincy, IL, if shipped together as 1 shipment = $59.76
    If shipped separately, $30.92 and $29.90

1 wide & 1 standard to Cissna Park, IL 60924, if shipped together as 1 = $65.90
    If shipped separately, $34 and $33.02

The standard/widebody have to be in different boxes. They do not like putting the boxes together because there is a higher chance they will get damaged if something is stacked on them. I had mine shipped separate and paid the extra couple dollars to Cissna Park. Not enought difference in the other price to make a difference.

If we can get 20 sheets we are basically getting free shipping +. I will start with 2 more sheets for myself. Anybody else in? Looking for guys that will order. I would suggest we gather names until Nov 15 with orders needing to be made from Nov 16-Nov 23. Thoughts?

EDIT: Shipping above is for reference only for you to decide if you want to get in on this. each person can have this glass shipped direct to their exact address at whatever cost it is for JJP to ship to you. I wish shipping were only $35 to me here. Shipping for me is going to be closer to $80 for a sheet. I do not want to hear anybody complain about anything under $40 for shipping.

#42 11 years ago

I'd buy one.

#43 11 years ago

Count me in for a standard (already have 2)

#44 11 years ago

BTW, you should start a new "group buy" thread, it will get a lot more attention than this one.

#45 11 years ago

count me in for 2 standards

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

BTW, you should start a new "group buy" thread, it will get a lot more attention than this one.

I was thinking about that. I will let it run here for a while and then move it later. There are a lot of people that will check back here. Flash, If you want to start one now and direct from here that would be good with me.

#47 11 years ago

I would order a few sheets.

#48 11 years ago

I was thinking about that. I will let it run here for a while and then move it later. There are a lot of people that will check back here. Flash, If you want to start one now and direct from here that would be good with me.

No biggie, we can let this one play out for a bit. Lots of time.

#49 11 years ago

Do these have that big JJP logo in the corner? I'd be in for 2 or 3 but not sure I'm going like that logo.

#50 11 years ago

I've seen the glass with logos and it is completely a non-issue.

There are 156 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-pricey-but-pretty-damn-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.