Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 91 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by loren3233
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1010286.jpg
    P1010285.jpg
    P1010284.jpg
    P1010283.jpg
    147.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

DCFAN said:RobertWinter said:I don't understand how Invisiglass would be better than PDI. Short of being the same thickness as regular glass (my only *slight* gripe with PDI), there's really not that much to improve upon.
    His pictures showed less glare and he said that it was better. Neither glass is perfect. We need some first hand accounts of real world application.

Jack also said that he would be selling it for substantially less than PDI glass.
    How did that work out again?
    I agree with Robert though, I don't know how it could be much better than the PDI glass.

By them having it in stock and not having to do a 8 month preorder.

2 weeks later
    #85 11 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

pinballlife said:For clarification:
    Invisiglass is made in the USA. Yes, we still know how to make a few things here.
    Also, there is no green tint to the glass.
    Terry.

Not that I'm taking your comment out of context, but just to elaborate...
    We know how to make things, that has not been forgotten.
    Our glorious government though makes it difficult to be profitable let alone compete
    with foreign (although slave labor) products because they have actual more free of
    markets in many instances that are free of inane rules and over regulations that we have.
    We also have the "minimum wage" which actually makes it worse for employers and
    employees because it makes far less of the lower paying/entry level jobs available,
    when these are absolutely the essential jobs we need for younger and unskilled people.
    Frankly nobody deserves big bucks or above average pay for standing around and not knowing jack.
    Lastly, yeah, the American people love cheap crap from Asia and on average
    they do not know what quality is nor do they really care about it over quantity.
    Regardless, it's better if we all buy a few more USA made goods than imported stuff,
    we'll see if that trend ever picks up though...

If people are not paid a living wage(minimum wage barely qualifies) they cannot afford anything but "cheap crap from Asia".

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

TaylorVA said:HighProtein said:pinballlife said:For clarification:
    Invisiglass is made in the USA. Yes, we still know how to make a few things here.
    Also, there is no green tint to the glass.
    Terry.
    Not that I'm taking your comment out of context, but just to elaborate...
    We know how to make things, that has not been forgotten.
    Our glorious government though makes it difficult to be profitable let alone compete
    with foreign (although slave labor) products because they have actual more free of
    markets in many instances that are free of inane rules and over regulations that we have.
    We also have the "minimum wage" which actually makes it worse for employers and
    employees because it makes far less of the lower paying/entry level jobs available,
    when these are absolutely the essential jobs we need for younger and unskilled people.
    Frankly nobody deserves big bucks or above average pay for standing around and not knowing jack.
    Lastly, yeah, the American people love cheap crap from Asia and on average
    they do not know what quality is nor do they really care about it over quantity.
    Regardless, it's better if we all buy a few more USA made goods than imported stuff,
    we'll see if that trend ever picks up though...
    If people are not paid a living wage(minimum wage barely qualifies) they cannot afford anything but "cheap crap from Asia".
    Taylor, you completely missed his point.

Did I? Care to summarize?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylorva.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-is-shipping?tu=taylorva and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.