Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598-1.jpg
    IMG_2596-1.jpg
    IMG_2592-1.jpg
    15_740.jpg
    snoresnore.jpg
    P1010315.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    P1010313.jpg
    P1010312.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    P1010310.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    P1010308.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010306.JPG
    P1010305.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 12 years ago

Yea if you can see logo with it installed that is not cool at all. Isn't the purpose to look like its not there???

#87 12 years ago

Sorry, for what JJP is charging you should be able to enjoy the invisible product how it is designed to be and that is invisible! Hello... Just makes no sense to me at all especially since they led us to believe it would be much cheaper. Now the price is sky high and we need to have an advertisement
    visible when installed. Just my opinion but I think it was done in poor taste and is lame. I hope they at least allow those that bought it and are disappointed to return it.

#215 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

'Next batch comes in 2 weeks. No JJP logo. Wording under lock bar. In
    the meantime turn these glasses around with logoup top. If you are not
    happy, we will make you happy. That's my word. Post this on Pinside
    too as I don't post there. '

Like it or not I think we all can agree Pinside is quickly becoming very popular within the pinball community. I'm not sure why Jack has chosen not to post on Pinside especially in a situation like this. I hope he reconsiders in the future. Overall this is a very friendly community with a lot of passion for pinball. Either way JJP did listen to the community and will be making it right and that is something to be applauded.

FYI Gweempose and others, now they are offering for today only buy 1 get one 1/2 off both with no logo on them it is on their site at pinballsales.com. For me still a bit too pricey but just thought I would post it for others. I hope we see a developer offer a similar product in the $150 range in the near future.

#260 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rick471:

iceman44 said:I find it funny that people can drop hundreds and thousands on NIB's, mods, repairs, lights, etc.......and get their panties in a wad over a piece of glass, albeit an expensive one!

Meh, to each his own.
    I don't think you can compare a piece of glass to an entire machine. When the average glass costs $50ish, you have to be able to justify it is worth the extra amount.
    I put upgraded glass in the category of a mod. Some will pay cause they like it but it is not necessary to enjoy the game.
    I would love to have the glass but I cant justify the extra expense. I would much rather keep trying to grow my collection to say,,,20 machines or so

I agree fully. 300 for glass invisible or not is absolutely ridiculous IMO. That said, I hope those that buy it love it nothing against you all.

#266 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The_Dude_Abides said:I agree fully. 300 for glass invisible or not is absolutely ridiculous IMO. That said, I hope those that buy it love it nothing against you all.
    I hear ya Dude, but 7k for a NIB pin or 10k for any pin is ridiculous, but for those that want that machine to pop you just gotta factor those 3 Bills into the budget....
    And spending hundreds of dollars on little bitty led lights is ridiculous too.......but still fun

Ice I think you've made your stance clear sometimes you just have to realise that people will have different opinions. To each their own man. LEDs are much cooler than glass IMO. Much cooler. Comparing glass to a pin isnt even in the same ballpark IMO.

#280 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The_Dude_Abides said:Ice I think you've made your stance clear sometimes you just have to realise that people will have different opinions. To each their own man. LEDs are much cooler than glass IMO. Much cooler. Comparing glass to a pin isnt even in the same ballpark IMO.
    It's not comparing glass to a pin. It's comparing glass to other mods such as LEDs and their comparative cost. And guess what, if you love LEDs and think that they are really cool, you will actually be able to see them much more clearly and therefore get even more benefit from them.....WITH this glass!

It's glass Rob but as people have said its whatever floats your boat. I am glad that you and others love it as a mod but like ice pointed out it's just not for everybody. Some don't care for LEDs I really like them but can understand people have their own likes and no matter what the argument is they won't change their minds. It's the spice of life.

#282 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The_Dude_Abides said:It's glass Rob but as people have said its whatever floats your boat.
    Dude, I don't even know what that means?
    Do you play with glass on your pin or not? Do you have to look through that glass to see the ball? The playfield? The mods that you put on your playfield? The LEDs that you added to the pin? If you can see all of these things much more clearly with this glass (I think everything takes on a more three dimensional look), wouldn't you like to have it? Wouldn't that "float your boat"? Or is it just glass to you regardless?
    LEDs are just bulbs by the way.

LOL your in one of those moods where you can't accept another persons view. If you love it buy it you don't need to try and convince me about it man. I will stick with regular glass until other more reasonable options are available. If that upsets you sorry it's just the way it is.

#287 12 years ago

Just price Rob. Was that said plainly enough? There is definitely a difference just not worth 300 to me ummkay.. In all seriousness I'm not so sure what you are not understanding here. Your argument is you think it makes a big difference and is well worth 300. There is a disagreement here and that is ok.

Quoted from NimblePin:

If that upsets you sorry it's just the way it is.

Here TDA,
    Have a "White Russian" on the house.

Bottoms up!

Umm um umm.... Bottoms up indeed my friend!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-in-stock-at-pinball-life?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.