Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598-1.jpg
    IMG_2596-1.jpg
    IMG_2592-1.jpg
    15_740.jpg
    snoresnore.jpg
    P1010315.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    P1010313.jpg
    P1010312.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    P1010310.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    P1010308.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010306.JPG
    P1010305.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

davewth said:tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...
    three benjamins? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I was hoping Jack would have the stuff for a c note or less, I would like to get 10 sheets but for 3K I could get a game.
    I saw a vid of this stuff and you could still see the DMD reflection.
    At this price point I will stick with the Glare Guards.

Its about a lot more than the DMD reflection Eric. If you ever make it over here you can check a few sheets of the PDI glass out yourself and see what you think. It's pretty cool stuff. Just don't be surprised when you see Kim's DMD guards on all of my pins, even the ones with the PDI glass.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

RobT said:tracelifter said:davewth said:tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...
    three benjamins? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    I was hoping Jack would have the stuff for a c note or less, I would like to get 10 sheets but for 3K I could get a game.
    I saw a vid of this stuff and you could still see the DMD reflection.
    At this price point I will stick with the Glare Guards.
    Its about a lot more than the DMD reflection Eric. If you ever make it over here you can check a few sheets of the PDI glass out yourself and see what you think. It's pretty cool stuff. Just don't be surprised when you see Kim's DMD guards on all of my pins, even the ones with the PDI glass.
    I would like to see this stuff in person, how scratch resistant is it?
    The wife dusted 8 of my games with her wedding ring spun on her finger and it cost me 2 bills to replace the glass, I would have had a colorectal hemmorage if it had been 8 sheets of this stuff.

Well, in my experience it certainly doesn't seem to be particularly sensitive to scratching. As I've indicated in prior posts, I've had probably a dozen airballs strike the PDI glass on my pins and it has never left a mark.

I'm certainly not going to say that it would stand up to your wife's wedding ring, but then again, neither will regular glass (as you know)!

#96 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

We should have been informed there was a logo before ordering. Things like this are a huge disappointment. Of course anyone spending $300 on a sheet of glass does not want a visible logo on it. The whole point is to have the glass look invisible. Hence the name "invisiglass". Instead, it should be called "Logo only glass". I emailed Jack just now. I may have to try to get a refund for the two sheets I ordered.

Couldn't agree more, and that includes the part about you sending an email to Jack asking for a refund for the two sheets that you ordered.

This is really what needs to happen if there is any chance of that Logo not being put on future batches.

If I had pre-ordered this glass without knowing about that logo, I'd be plenty pissed. "Invisiglass" my aching a$$.

I *know* this would bug the crap out of me. I have some glass that has a small barely visible label in the corner that bugs me, even though I put it in the upper corner where it can barely be seen. This JJP logo is about 4 times bigger.

#99 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Still don't mind the logo, actually think it is a good idea.

Yeah, great idea. Let's make that "Invisiglass" so it isn't!

#159 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

I dont know but looking at all the pics Tat put upped the IJ with normal glass looked pretty darn good. I think I stick with that & save the $2400 it would cost to put them on all my pins.

You can't tell from a photo.

#160 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

From JJP via RGP:
    "Next batch comes in 2 weeks. No JJP logo. Wording under lock bar. In
    the meantime turn these glasses around with logoup top. If you are not
    happy, we will make you happy. That's my word. Post this on Pinside
    too as I don't post there."
    That's a relief. Good move Jack.

Indeed, this is exactly the kind of response that I was hoping for! Way to quickly respond to customers (and potential customers) Jack!

#162 12 years ago

So how does this work exactly?

You place an order with Terry for one sheet and you get two? His price still shows at $295.00.

I'm confused!

#166 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

I talked to Jack on the phone first thing this morining. I already repected the guy but now I know he's 100% into doing the right things for pinball. He's covering Pinball Life on the glass and that's pretty incredible. There are very few business owners that are willing to step up and make business decisions like this. VERY FEW.
    And yes, the glass will be gone by the end of the day.
    Terry.

Great stuff Terry!

I just ordered a sheet of widebody Invisiglass from your site. Talked to Mike, said this will all be gone very soon. I'll be getting two sheets of widebody glass for the price of one. One for my TZ and one for RS. Very cool!

#172 12 years ago

Looks like it is already sold out.

Got my order in by the skin of my teeth!

#173 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Smassa...look under... Glass

not there

poof

#177 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

It's gone now. Hope my order went through. Got a confirmation e-mail, but it was gone by the time I looked back.

Same here. I made it with probably 5 minutes to spare, if that.

I was talking to Mike on the phone, and he basically told me to get my ass off the phone and place the order via the website. Glad I did!

#239 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

You have to admit... there is some humor in the fact that everyone is irate about the logo when it was $300 for a sheet. Pitchforks were out!!!
    But everyone was so happy when it was suddenly $300 for two sheets (both with the logo still). They've been falling over themselves trying to get an order in.
    So... was it really about the logo? Or was it about the price? Because in the end... both your sheets are going to have the logo that you were so upset about.

I must be missing the humor in this? Why can't it be about both price *and* the logo? I don't like the logo. The vast majority of people here don't like the logo. Jack apparently agrees that it wasn't a good idea, and has listened to what potential customers are saying, so it won't have the logo when additional batches are made. So he offers an amazing 2 for 1 deal. So why wouldn't the majority of people who don't like the logo be willing to put up with it for half price? No way would I have bought this glass with the logo on it for $300.00. I'd stick with my PDI glass. 2 for 1? Yeah, I'll put up with the logo for that price. Nothing funny about it!

#240 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

jeffspinballpalace said:Is it going to be possible to order logo glass from Jack in the future? Hope so as I really want that now. In fact if Jack doesn't make that available to I will raise my pitchfork and raise a ruckus! The people demand to have their logo back.
    I was talking to Jen and she thinks that they will have smaller logos that are hidden under lockdown bar in the future but she said no decisions yet, but it will get smaller for sure. I was happy about the deal since I actually liked the logo to start with. No different then wearing a T-shirt or having a neon sign on the wall.

I wouldn't have any problem at all with a logo on the glass that would be hidden by the lock down bar. That makes a lot of sense.

#250 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Guys, the logo is in the bottom right corner for me and I'm telling you it's way overblown....you just don't see it or notice it really, very discreet........but whatever floats your boat, I'm a big JJP Kool Aid drinker!!!
    The glass is freaking awesome, and I'm sure PDI is too...

Dude, we've already seen pics of the logo on Tatman's pin with the logo over the shooter lane. It *is* a fairly big deal to some of us! Apparently Jack felt the complaints were valid enough to....well...you know what he's done!

#256 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

For me, $300 is ridiculous for a piece of glass.

In what way is it ridiculous? Have you seen it in person? How much did you spend on mods/toys for your MM? For that matter, how much did you spend on your MM? Tron LE? Even at $300 a sheet, you are talking about a small percentage of the overall value of those pins, and you are getting a huge increase in visible performance.

I just continue to have a hard time understanding how people can spend $7k or more on a pin and bitch and complain about how $300 is "ridiculous" for a sheet of glass. And even $150.00 is "silly". There are very few mods that anyone could mention to me that I would consider better than the PDI glass in terms of price to performance ratio.

But....that's just my opinion.

#263 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

RobT said:I just continue to have a hard time understanding how people can spend $7k or more on a pin and bitch and complain about how $300 is "ridiculous" for a sheet of glass. And even $150.00 is "silly". There are very few mods that anyone could mention to me that I would consider better than the PDI glass in terms of price to performance ratio.
    It is merely a product of the price for the alternative. I can get a sheet of brand new glass for $30. Non-glare glass is literally 10 times more expensive. It is just an Opportunity Cost issue for me. Granted, this is going to be my first two pieces, and I very well might be a full convert next week.

Yeah, I got ya.

From that standpoint (costing 10 times more than a regular sheet of glass) it is hard to swallow.

I do think you will be very pleased with the results though.

#274 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Ice I think you've made your stance clear sometimes you just have to realise that people will have different opinions. To each their own man. LEDs are much cooler than glass IMO. Much cooler. Comparing glass to a pin isnt even in the same ballpark IMO.

It's not comparing glass to a pin. It's comparing glass to other mods such as LEDs and their comparative cost. And guess what, if you love LEDs and think that they are really cool, you will actually be able to see them much more clearly and therefore get even more benefit from them.....WITH this glass!

#281 12 years ago

It's glass Rob but as people have said its whatever floats your boat.

Dude, I don't even know what that means?

Do you play with glass on your pin or not? Do you have to look through that glass to see the ball? The playfield? The mods that you put on your playfield? The LEDs that you added to the pin? If you can see all of these things much more clearly with this glass (I think everything takes on a more three dimensional look), wouldn't you like to have it? Wouldn't that "float your boat"? Or is it just glass to you regardless?

LEDs are just bulbs by the way.

#285 12 years ago

LOL your in one of those moods where you can't accept another persons view.

LOL.

That's not true at all. There are people who hate LOTR. I strongly disagree with their opinion because I love it, but I completely accept their opinion. I hate TAF. It's rated as one of the best pins of all time. I accept that others love it.

The only problem that I'm having here is trying to figure out exactly what your "view" (pardon the pun) is or what you don't like about it. I assume you don't like it because you refer to it as "It's glass Rob". Have you seen it? What did you not like about it? Did it not work as well as you were hoping? Or is it just the price that you have a problem with?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-in-stock-at-pinball-life?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.