Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598-1.jpg
    IMG_2596-1.jpg
    IMG_2592-1.jpg
    15_740.jpg
    snoresnore.jpg
    P1010315.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    P1010313.jpg
    P1010312.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    P1010310.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    P1010308.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010306.JPG
    P1010305.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

I'm tempted to drive out there and grab a piece just so I can compare it to my PDI glass. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from btrip:

I was under the impression that invisiglass was supposed to be a lot cheaper than PDI? Jack's price on pinballsales.com would indicate this is not true...

IIRC, Jack originally indicated that it would cost significantly less than PDI glass. Unfortunately, this didn't end up being the case. As a result, the stuff would have to perform better than PDI glass in order for me to stop buying Joey's product. The fact that the PDI glass is more readily available is a non-factor for me. I don't mind waiting longer if I have to.

#12 12 years ago

I have a scratch on the PDI glass on my TZ. I don't know how it got there, but someone obviously put something on the glass that they shouldn't have. Fortunately, I was able to flip the glass around so that the scratch is near the top of the playfield. You can't really notice it unless you really look closely.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

He mentions that himself in the other threads.

One of the negatives with there being so much activity on Pinside these days is that it can be tough to keep up with all the threads. I feel like I'm on the site constantly, and yet there are still some that slip through the cracks.

#41 12 years ago

Wait, you're telling me that huge logo is etched into the glass? That's insane!

#46 12 years ago

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jack, but he is on smack if he thinks collectors are going to be cool with that logo. It's nice to hear that the product at least delivers on the promise of being an alternative to PDI. Thanks for the pics, tatman!

#55 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

... is it a decal maybe?

That's what I was thinking, but it certainly doesn't look like it from the photo.

#60 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I don't see what the big deal is with the logo. Remember, you can have the logo in any corner of the machine by rotating or flipping the glass.

True, but if you rotate or flip the glass any other way, the logo will not be oriented correctly.

#68 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I was just trying to make the point that pins have dark areas, often in the back corners. I don't think you would even notice the logo back in a dark corner unless you are looking for it.

While this may technically be true, you have to think about who this glass is being marketed towards. I'm guessing that if you are willing to spend $300 for a sheet of glass, it is also very likely that something like an upside down logo will drive you crazy.

#77 12 years ago
    Quoted from LITZ:

Sounds like this JJP product is good stuff overall so that is a definite +

That's the most important thing. As for the logo, you can bet your a** that it will be gone on the next batch if enough people complain about it.

#183 12 years ago

Work was busy this morning, or I would have hopped on Terry's 2-for-1 deal without even thinking about it. Jack's response to the situation, while commendable, is not the least bit surprising. He is a stand up guy, and I knew he would take care of everyone.

#184 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

I posted this in the other thread, but I placed an order with Pinballsales.com a few minutes ago for a widebody sheet and it went through. Hopefully they still have it in stock. I mentioned the two for one and no logo offer in the comments.

How much is shipping? I would have bought it from Terry because I could drive there and get it.

#190 12 years ago

We knew that wouldn't take long.

Most people love a bargain, or even a perceived one. $150 a pop still isn't cheap, but when people feel like they are getting "half off", that's a pretty damn powerful incentive.

#193 12 years ago

If you ordered them from Terry, BOTH sheets will have the logo.

#202 12 years ago

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad I didn't hop on the bandwagon. Like everybody else, I initially got caught up in the "have to jump on this deal" mentality. The fact of the matter is that I still really dislike the logo.

#205 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

You could always take the deal of buying one piece with logo & taking the 2nd one without the logo when its available in about 4 weeks. And if you really hate the logo that much when you see it in person sell it. I'm sure you can find a buyer at $150 bucks.

I was actually thinking about doing just that.

#213 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

You have to admit... there is some humor in the fact that everyone is irate about the logo when it was $300 for a sheet. Pitchforks were out!!!

But everyone was so happy when it was suddenly $300 for two sheets (both with the logo still). They've been falling over themselves trying to get an order in.

Like I stated before, it's all about the perceived bargain. People will lose site of all logic and buy something they weren't even in the market for if they think they are getting a good deal. That's why I had to take a step back and remind myself that I don't like the glass with the logo on it for any price.

#219 12 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

I am picking up 8 more sheets on Friday. I will just need a few more to do all my pins. I didn't care about the logo from the start.

It couldn't have worked out better for you, tatman. That's a heck of a lot of money you just saved!

#224 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have 2 cats but will get eventually as it does make such a difference. Just hope my cats behave!

Just keep a nice powerful spray bottle handy.

#233 12 years ago

I just want to make sure I understand Jack's latest offer. I can order a widebody and a regular sheet for a total of $450 + shipping, and neither one will have the logo. Is this correct?

#241 12 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Gweem, you are correct. I just spoke to Jen and ordered 2 sheets, buy one/get one half off, both with no logos. When you place the order and check out on the pinballsales.com website, it will show the full price without the discount, but Jen said to just put in a comment about the special deal and your card will be charged appropriately when it ships, which will be in about 3-4 weeks.

Thanks, VA! I just placed my order. By the way, I got hit with IL sales tax on my order, as well as a $5 S&H fee. I was a little surprised to see this.

#255 12 years ago

For the record, I do think having some type of JJP or Invisiglass logo on the glass was a good idea. It was just a poor execution. Considering how much this stuff costs, it would be nice to have proof of its authenticity in case you ever decide to sell it.

#264 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Here is something else, the attention that this has gotten...are you kidding me, this is a great PR move if nothing else....he bought a lot of goodwill today, that's for sure

Perhaps it was all part of Jack's master plan ...

#299 12 years ago

Did we ever get a definitive answer as to whether or not the Invisiglass is coated on both sides? I'm assuming it is, since Jack himself recommended flipping it over.

#302 12 years ago
    Quoted from stangbat:

From Jack on the WOZ forum:

"It does not matter what side you install INVISIGLASS on. It's the same on both sides, both ends."

Thanks, stangbat!

I really should visit the WOZ forums more often.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gweempose.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-in-stock-at-pinball-life?tu=gweempose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.