Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598-1.jpg
    IMG_2596-1.jpg
    IMG_2592-1.jpg
    15_740.jpg
    snoresnore.jpg
    P1010315.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    P1010313.jpg
    P1010312.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    P1010310.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    P1010308.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010306.JPG
    P1010305.JPG
    There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Dude, we've already seen pics of the logo on Tatman's pin with the logo over the shooter lane. It *is* a fairly big deal to some of us! Apparently Jack felt the complaints were valid enough to....well...you know what he's done!

Ok, but I'm telling you Rob, you drop it in the machine and the effect is nothing close to what that picture might show from Tat.....and I think he agrees with me....when you get it in the machine you'll see for yourself..

But hey, I'll take the freebies, no problem, in the future, I'd like to be able to order the glass WITH the logo on it.....lol

#252 12 years ago

I find it funny that people can drop hundreds and thousands on NIB's, mods, repairs, lights, etc.......and get their panties in a wad over a piece of glass, albeit an expensive one!

#253 12 years ago

I don't care about the logo, really. I do see a ton of irony in a glass touted as being completely invisible having a big ol' indiscreet watermark on it, though. But it's not obscuring anything. Hell, I have seen a ton of people leave those round Made in the USA stickers on their Stern machines. That laser image isn't anywhere near as gaudy and noticeable.

For me, $300 is ridiculous for a piece of glass. $150 is also silly, but palatable enough to buy a couple pieces.

#254 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I find it funny that people can drop hundreds and thousands on NIB's, mods, repairs, lights, etc.......and get their panties in a wad over a piece of glass, albeit an expensive one!

Meh, to each his own.

I don't think you can compare a piece of glass to an entire machine. When the average glass costs $50ish, you have to be able to justify it is worth the extra amount.

I put upgraded glass in the category of a mod. Some will pay cause they like it but it is not necessary to enjoy the game.

I would love to have the glass but I cant justify the extra expense. I would much rather keep trying to grow my collection to say,,,20 machines or so

#255 12 years ago

For the record, I do think having some type of JJP or Invisiglass logo on the glass was a good idea. It was just a poor execution. Considering how much this stuff costs, it would be nice to have proof of its authenticity in case you ever decide to sell it.

#256 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

For me, $300 is ridiculous for a piece of glass.

In what way is it ridiculous? Have you seen it in person? How much did you spend on mods/toys for your MM? For that matter, how much did you spend on your MM? Tron LE? Even at $300 a sheet, you are talking about a small percentage of the overall value of those pins, and you are getting a huge increase in visible performance.

I just continue to have a hard time understanding how people can spend $7k or more on a pin and bitch and complain about how $300 is "ridiculous" for a sheet of glass. And even $150.00 is "silly". There are very few mods that anyone could mention to me that I would consider better than the PDI glass in terms of price to performance ratio.

But....that's just my opinion.

#257 12 years ago

@ Gweem:
    It would be nice to have proof of its authenticity in case you ever decide to sell it.

Only a crazy person would sell their PDI or JJP non glare glass I love it and wish I would have bought it a long time ago. Same thing with the DMD glare guards. Ignorance is bliss and I can SEE why ppl rave about both products.

#258 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I just continue to have a hard time understanding how people can spend $7k or more on a pin and bitch and complain about how $300 is "ridiculous" for a sheet of glass. And even $150.00 is "silly". There are very few mods that anyone could mention to me that I would consider better than the PDI glass in terms of price to performance ratio.

It is merely a product of the price for the alternative. I can get a sheet of brand new glass for $30. Non-glare glass is literally 10 times more expensive. It is just an Opportunity Cost issue for me. Granted, this is going to be my first two pieces, and I very well might be a full convert next week.

#259 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

For me, $300 is ridiculous for a piece of glass. $150 is also silly, but palatable enough to buy a couple pieces.

Am I missing something here? Isn't one regular price, and the second one is half off? If my math is correct, that works out to $225 a sheet ((300+150)/2). Sure the second piece is $150, but the first piece is still full price.

I'll also chime in that I'm not a big fan of the exposed logo. I've never used a standard piece of glass with a bug and I sure wouldn't want something etched on a piece this expensive.

Kudos to Jack for the half price offer though.

<edit> I missed the post where he offered a free sheet of glass to buyers of logo glass. So yes, $150 a sheet in that instance.

#260 12 years ago
    Quoted from Rick471:

iceman44 said:I find it funny that people can drop hundreds and thousands on NIB's, mods, repairs, lights, etc.......and get their panties in a wad over a piece of glass, albeit an expensive one!

Meh, to each his own.
    I don't think you can compare a piece of glass to an entire machine. When the average glass costs $50ish, you have to be able to justify it is worth the extra amount.
    I put upgraded glass in the category of a mod. Some will pay cause they like it but it is not necessary to enjoy the game.
    I would love to have the glass but I cant justify the extra expense. I would much rather keep trying to grow my collection to say,,,20 machines or so

I agree fully. 300 for glass invisible or not is absolutely ridiculous IMO. That said, I hope those that buy it love it nothing against you all.

#261 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Latest, last offer!! Good one as well
    OK - I was just informed we are out of the Standard JJP Logo version
    glass - we have some Widebody JJP Logo glass left. So:
    You can still buy a JJP logo widebody and get a standard (non JJP logo
    free) while supplies last.
    OR:
    FOR TODAY ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT:
    Order either Standard or Widebody size INVISIGLASS™ and you get the
    second glass of your size choice for half price plus shipping. So
    that's $442.50 - Both of those glasses will NOT have the JJP logo.
    That's all folks. Tomorrow the INVISIGLASS™ is back at $295.00 a sheet
    plus shipping and no JJP logo.
    I figure while we are doing this, let's finish it with the best I
    could do for today. Thanks, and thanks for the lesson.
    Jack

I ordered a widebody glass from pinballsales. I can stand the logo for a free glass.

#262 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

For the record, I do think having some type of JJP or Invisiglass logo on the glass was a good idea. It was just a poor execution. Considering how much this stuff costs, it would be nice to have proof of its authenticity in case you ever decide to sell it.

Great point Gweem, I know you didn't like it but man you really would never notice or see it and it's nice proof that it isn't some knockoff

Execution not very good but I don't know who else has it already but it doesn't bother Tat and it I can't get over how good it looks so let's hear from those who just got theirs today....

Here is something else, the attention that this has gotten...are you kidding me, this is a great PR move if nothing else....he bought a lot of goodwill today, that's for sure

#263 12 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

RobT said:I just continue to have a hard time understanding how people can spend $7k or more on a pin and bitch and complain about how $300 is "ridiculous" for a sheet of glass. And even $150.00 is "silly". There are very few mods that anyone could mention to me that I would consider better than the PDI glass in terms of price to performance ratio.
    It is merely a product of the price for the alternative. I can get a sheet of brand new glass for $30. Non-glare glass is literally 10 times more expensive. It is just an Opportunity Cost issue for me. Granted, this is going to be my first two pieces, and I very well might be a full convert next week.

Yeah, I got ya.

From that standpoint (costing 10 times more than a regular sheet of glass) it is hard to swallow.

I do think you will be very pleased with the results though.

#264 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Here is something else, the attention that this has gotten...are you kidding me, this is a great PR move if nothing else....he bought a lot of goodwill today, that's for sure

Perhaps it was all part of Jack's master plan ...

#265 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I agree fully. 300 for glass invisible or not is absolutely ridiculous IMO. That said, I hope those that buy it love it nothing against you all.

I hear ya Dude, but 7k for a NIB pin or 10k for any pin is ridiculous, but for those that want that machine to pop you just gotta factor those 3 Bills into the budget....

And spending hundreds of dollars on little bitty led lights is ridiculous too.......but still fun

#266 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The_Dude_Abides said:I agree fully. 300 for glass invisible or not is absolutely ridiculous IMO. That said, I hope those that buy it love it nothing against you all.
    I hear ya Dude, but 7k for a NIB pin or 10k for any pin is ridiculous, but for those that want that machine to pop you just gotta factor those 3 Bills into the budget....
    And spending hundreds of dollars on little bitty led lights is ridiculous too.......but still fun

Ice I think you've made your stance clear sometimes you just have to realise that people will have different opinions. To each their own man. LEDs are much cooler than glass IMO. Much cooler. Comparing glass to a pin isnt even in the same ballpark IMO.

#267 12 years ago

If you have a pin or two that you just love and have spent some serious $$$ then another $300 for amazing glass is absolutely worth it. I think pdi and JJ's glass are both pretty awesome. Most of us have spent more on mods than that. I know I have

#268 12 years ago

For those that think it's just the price bothering people and not the logo.. We may be forgetting the holdouts that wanted to see pics and comparisons. Some may hate the logo but they are still getting what they paid for, 1 piece of glass for $295, it comes with a free jjp version that they can sell to people who don't mind the logo. #justsayin

#269 12 years ago

i pulled the trigger on the deal today. i have a tz that will benefit, and a regular sized without the logo to be delivered in a few weeks.

at 300 for 2 sheets might as well see what the fuss is about, or not.

#270 12 years ago

Ice I think you've made your stance clear sometimes you just have to realise that people will have different opinions. To each their own man. LEDs are much cooler than glass IMO. Much cooler. Comparing glass to a pin isnt even in the same ballpark IMO.

LED's, speakers, shakers and any mods are ALL cool to me...not trying to compare glass to pin just saying that it makes a great looking pin look gorgeous and you can't tell anything from pics, but I get it, not for everybody....

Don't judge it until you have one in your machine though, logo included, give it a chance!

I need to think about toning down my LED's in SM due to the glass, it's blinding at night it's so vivid....but I think I like that effect too, not sure yet

#271 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

i pulled the trigger on the deal today. i have a tz that will benefit, and a regular sized without the logo to be delivered in a few weeks.

You will want 5 more for the rest of your collection

#272 12 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

If you have a pin or two that you just love and have spent some serious $$$ then another $300 for amazing glass is absolutely worth it. I think pdi and JJ's glass are both pretty awesome. Most of us have spent more on mods than that. I know I have

Right on Coast! I'm not saying it should go in any and every pin either....

#273 12 years ago

The problem I have with spending this much on glass is that its cutting into my future pin fund! Just one more pin and then I'll start investing big bucks in glass.

#274 12 years ago

It's not comparing glass to a pin. It's comparing glass to other mods such as LEDs and their comparative cost. And guess what, if you love LEDs and think that they are really cool, you will actually be able to see them much more clearly and therefore get even more benefit from them.....WITH this glass!

#275 12 years ago

I ordered my two sheets today and am trying to decide which machine will get the dreaded logo?

Logo or not it really doesn't matter to me though......I love my koolaid.... It does appear from the videos of the predator machine tonight, those led strips on the side are gonna make me want to put some Invisglass on it for sure.

Chris

#276 12 years ago

I have seen it in person its not bad... Unless you play your pins while staring at the shooter rod spring. I really don't understand the up roar about it.

#277 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinWiz17:

I have seen it in person its not bad... Unless you play your pins while staring at the shooter rod spring. I really don't understand the up roar about it.

I understand what you are saying, but many feel that for $300 the glass should not be an advertisement for JJP. The first thing I do when I buy a car is peel of and remove everything that has the dealer's name on it. They didn't cut me a deal to advertise for them. The current logo smacks of advertising. Under the lockbar, that's fine. How would you like to hire a painter and come home and find they painted their company logo on the front of the house? Ok, it's in the corner and only 1 foot square, but you get the idea. Stick a sign in your yard while they do the work, I'd be okay with that.

#278 12 years ago

It looks better then then the PDI glass too.

#279 12 years ago

a

Quoted from Dewey68:Goughs417 said:I have seen it in person its not bad... Unless you play your pins while staring at the shooter rod spring. I really don't understand the up roar about it.
    I understand what you are saying, but many feel that for $300 the glass should not be an advertisement for JJP. The first thing I do when I buy a car is peel of and remove everything that has the dealer's name on it. They didn't cut me a deal to advertise for them. The current logo smacks of advertising. Under the lockbar, that's fine. How would you like to hire a painter and come home and find they painted their company logo on the front of the house? Ok, it's in the corner and only 1 foot square, but you get the idea. Stick a sign in your yard while they do the work, I'd be okay with that.

But do you remove the Chevy or Ford emblem from your vehicles too? JJP has a trademark or has a patent on the "Invisiglass" which is his version of anti glare glass...... and yes I have pondered removing the Chevy emblems from my suv.

#280 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The_Dude_Abides said:Ice I think you've made your stance clear sometimes you just have to realise that people will have different opinions. To each their own man. LEDs are much cooler than glass IMO. Much cooler. Comparing glass to a pin isnt even in the same ballpark IMO.
    It's not comparing glass to a pin. It's comparing glass to other mods such as LEDs and their comparative cost. And guess what, if you love LEDs and think that they are really cool, you will actually be able to see them much more clearly and therefore get even more benefit from them.....WITH this glass!

It's glass Rob but as people have said its whatever floats your boat. I am glad that you and others love it as a mod but like ice pointed out it's just not for everybody. Some don't care for LEDs I really like them but can understand people have their own likes and no matter what the argument is they won't change their minds. It's the spice of life.

#281 12 years ago

It's glass Rob but as people have said its whatever floats your boat.

Dude, I don't even know what that means?

Do you play with glass on your pin or not? Do you have to look through that glass to see the ball? The playfield? The mods that you put on your playfield? The LEDs that you added to the pin? If you can see all of these things much more clearly with this glass (I think everything takes on a more three dimensional look), wouldn't you like to have it? Wouldn't that "float your boat"? Or is it just glass to you regardless?

LEDs are just bulbs by the way.

#282 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The_Dude_Abides said:It's glass Rob but as people have said its whatever floats your boat.
    Dude, I don't even know what that means?
    Do you play with glass on your pin or not? Do you have to look through that glass to see the ball? The playfield? The mods that you put on your playfield? The LEDs that you added to the pin? If you can see all of these things much more clearly with this glass (I think everything takes on a more three dimensional look), wouldn't you like to have it? Wouldn't that "float your boat"? Or is it just glass to you regardless?
    LEDs are just bulbs by the way.

LOL your in one of those moods where you can't accept another persons view. If you love it buy it you don't need to try and convince me about it man. I will stick with regular glass until other more reasonable options are available. If that upsets you sorry it's just the way it is.

#283 12 years ago

Someone was selling regular for $25 a sheet today. I'll take that price everyday!

#284 12 years ago

If that upsets you sorry it's just the way it is.

Here TDA,
    Have a "White Russian" on the house.

15_740.jpg15_740.jpg
    Bottoms up!

#285 12 years ago

LOL your in one of those moods where you can't accept another persons view.

LOL.

That's not true at all. There are people who hate LOTR. I strongly disagree with their opinion because I love it, but I completely accept their opinion. I hate TAF. It's rated as one of the best pins of all time. I accept that others love it.

The only problem that I'm having here is trying to figure out exactly what your "view" (pardon the pun) is or what you don't like about it. I assume you don't like it because you refer to it as "It's glass Rob". Have you seen it? What did you not like about it? Did it not work as well as you were hoping? Or is it just the price that you have a problem with?

#286 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

gambit3113 said:For me, $300 is ridiculous for a piece of glass.
    In what way is it ridiculous? Have you seen it in person? How much did you spend on mods/toys for your MM? For that matter, how much did you spend on your MM? Tron LE? Even at $300 a sheet, you are talking about a small percentage of the overall value of those pins, and you are getting a huge increase in visible performance.
    But....that's just my opinion.

Geez. I totally agree. Well stated. Took the words right out of my mouth.

#287 12 years ago

Just price Rob. Was that said plainly enough? There is definitely a difference just not worth 300 to me ummkay.. In all seriousness I'm not so sure what you are not understanding here. Your argument is you think it makes a big difference and is well worth 300. There is a disagreement here and that is ok.

Quoted from NimblePin:

If that upsets you sorry it's just the way it is.

Here TDA,
    Have a "White Russian" on the house.

Bottoms up!

Umm um umm.... Bottoms up indeed my friend!

#288 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jetzxi:

I ordered my two sheets today and am trying to decide which machine will get the dreaded logo?

I got a widebody sheet with logo that will be installed on my TZ......until ECLEWOZ gets here then the logo will be installed on WOZ and TZ will get the non-logo sheet that comes on WOZ. Now where do I install that free sheet with no logo??? CP, NGG, TS, Cyclone....I do not know.

#289 12 years ago

Right on absocountry2, that is all part of the fun with having pinball machines, dealing w/ fun decisions such as ...which machine to put the invisiglass on. Good problem to have to me.

I can't justify putting the expensive glass on all my machines, but I've got 1 sheet of non-logo Invisiglass coming in near future from Pinballsales, and I'll have fun trying it out on my different pins, and comparing it to the std glass, etc. It'll probably end up on my Xenon, but possibly on my Joker Poker due to that playfield is in nicer condition.
    Another Pinsider and I are splittin an order of (2) sheets of Invisiglass that we ordered yesterday under the buy-one-get-one-half-off one_day_only deal.
    Then I plan to figure out which machine has the worst glass w/ the most scratches, get that one out of the mix, keep it as a spare, and shuffle the remaining glasses around as necessary.

TDA & RobT: Yes, from a cost point of view, it's probably a bit excessive and not necessary compared to std glass, but same could be said for other mods, including cost of LED's over std bulbs. But these days it is easy to waste a lot of money on gas just driving around town or on short weekend trips.

#290 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

It'll probably end up on my Xenon,

That is a great idea. I have a new CPR gold PF for my Xenon. Once I get around to installing that it would be worthy of the glass. You are right, it is a good problem to have, deciding what pin you want to put an expensive piece of glass in. Life is good!

#291 12 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

Did you get any confirmation on the free glass when you ordered?

#292 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Thanks, VA! I just placed my order. By the way, I got hit with IL sales tax on my order, as well as a $5 S&H fee. I was a little surprised to see this.

Well, JJP DOES have a brick & mortar presence in IL.

#293 12 years ago

I got confirmation today when I ordered last night for my wide body glass. Invoice said free standard size glass when it comes into stock in a couple of weeks. What an unbeleivable deal. Wish the price on this was always like this. Sorry I missed the boat earlier because I would have outfit a good portion of my machines with JJP logo on them at that price.

#294 12 years ago

OMG I've been ignoring this post for days! I can't believe I missed out on this deal and I still need a piece of glass for my Getaway!!! lol Tatman those pics are incredible. I can't believe you're taking some of those with the flash on, enjoy!

#295 12 years ago
    Quoted from beauimpala:

I got confirmation today when I ordered last night for my wide body glass. Invoice said free standard size glass when it comes into stock in a couple of weeks. What an unbeleivable deal. Wish the price on this was always like this. Sorry I missed the boat earlier because I would have outfit a good portion of my machines with JJP logo on them at that price.

Thanks got my confirmation as well from Jen.

#296 12 years ago

Got my glass yesterday. As I figured, the watermark is a total non-factor. Much ado about nothing. The glass is wonderful and my ACDC doesn't mind having a JJP logo on the glass.

Standard glass on the left, Invisiglass on the right. Look for reflection of my son in the glass on left.

IMG_2592-1.jpgIMG_2592-1.jpg IMG_2596-1.jpgIMG_2596-1.jpg IMG_2598-1.jpgIMG_2598-1.jpg

#297 12 years ago

Pincrush, the glass on the right practically looks invisible.
    I got my shipment yesterday, but have not opened it yet.

#298 12 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Pincrush, the glass on the right practically looks invisible.

Yes, its amazing. I actually had to move around the room to find something to reflect on it so you could see it at all. Its really stunning.

What a great deal from Jack, but now I need many more sheets as the other pins look kinda dull by comparison.

-Craig

#299 12 years ago

Did we ever get a definitive answer as to whether or not the Invisiglass is coated on both sides? I'm assuming it is, since Jack himself recommended flipping it over.

#300 12 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

Got my glass yesterday. As I figured, the watermark is a total non-factor. Much ado about nothing. The glass is wonderful and my ACDC doesn't mind having a JJP logo on the glass.
    Standard glass on the left, Invisiglass on the right. Look for reflection of my son in the glass on left.

Attachments IMG_2598-1.jpg (176.7 KB, 0 downloads) 19 minutes old IMG_2596-1.jpg (213.5 KB, 0 downloads) 19 minutes old IMG_2592-1.jpg (129 KB, 0 downloads) 19 minutes old

I don't see any glass on the right! That's because it's Invisiglass, that stuff looks awesome.........I can't wait for my two sheets to arrive. I told Jen to ship both sheets together, so it will be a few more weeks for me.

Chris

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-in-stock-at-pinball-life/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.