Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598-1.jpg
    IMG_2596-1.jpg
    IMG_2592-1.jpg
    15_740.jpg
    snoresnore.jpg
    P1010315.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    P1010313.jpg
    P1010312.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    P1010310.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    P1010308.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010306.JPG
    P1010305.JPG
    There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
    #201 12 years ago

Terry just e-mailed me to follow up on a question I had. He is shipping all his out today and he confirmed I got mine. Woohoo!

#202 12 years ago

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad I didn't hop on the bandwagon. Like everybody else, I initially got caught up in the "have to jump on this deal" mentality. The fact of the matter is that I still really dislike the logo.

#203 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad I didn't hop on the bandwagon. Like everybody else, I initially got caught up in the "have to jump on this deal" mentality. The fact of the matter is that I still really dislike the logo.

+1,000,000

#204 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You could always take the deal of buying one piece with logo & taking the 2nd one without the logo when its available in about 4 weeks. And if you really hate the logo that much when you see it in person sell it. Im sure you can find a buyer at $150 bucks.

#205 12 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

You could always take the deal of buying one piece with logo & taking the 2nd one without the logo when its available in about 4 weeks. And if you really hate the logo that much when you see it in person sell it. I'm sure you can find a buyer at $150 bucks.

I was actually thinking about doing just that.

#206 12 years ago

I have cats and kids. Every sheet of glass I have has scratches. Any sort of coated glass would probably scratch pretty easy too and at 3 bills a pop I just can't see that happening for me any time soon. Besides, I'm way too broke to blow dough like that. Must be a lot of rich pinsiders buying this stuff. Maybe one of em will send me a sheet so I can see what the fuss is about

#207 12 years ago

If you collect pinball machines...you can afford $150.

#208 12 years ago

You have to admit... there is some humor in the fact that everyone is irate about the logo when it was $300 for a sheet. Pitchforks were out!!!

But everyone was so happy when it was suddenly $300 for two sheets (both with the logo still). They've been falling over themselves trying to get an order in.

So... was it really about the logo? Or was it about the price? Because in the end... both your sheets are going to have the logo that you were so upset about.

#209 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

You have to admit... there is some humor in the fact that everyone is irate about the logo when it was $300 for a sheet. Pitchforks were out!!!
    But everyone was so happy when it was suddenly $300 for two sheets (both with the logo still). They've been falling over themselves trying to get an order in.
    So... was it really about the logo? Or was it about the price? Because in the end... both your sheets are going to have the logo that you were so upset about.

If you order from JJP you can get one with logo n one without. To me the logo wasnt that bad so i just took them all with logo to get them without waiting.

#210 12 years ago

I thought it was one with and one without....either way...I'm happy....

#211 12 years ago

Just checked with Terry. Both will have the logo. No prob!

#212 12 years ago

spfxted
    "If you collect pinball machines...you can afford $150."

Very true, I can afford glass even if it was 1000 a sheet. But my 40 dollar normal sheets work awesome. I don't buy into all the hype. You buy 4 sheets of this fancy glass and you could have just bought a whole machine instead. I'll take a new pin over glass all day long...

I do think the glass looks awesome though...but it's just way to much cash IMO...regardless of how great it is

#213 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Like I stated before, it's all about the perceived bargain. People will lose site of all logic and buy something they weren't even in the market for if they think they are getting a good deal. That's why I had to take a step back and remind myself that I don't like the glass with the logo on it for any price.

#214 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

If you collect pinball machines...you can afford $150.

Not this anyone - pinball addiction has killed my bank account (no regrets tho )

#215 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

'Next batch comes in 2 weeks. No JJP logo. Wording under lock bar. In
    the meantime turn these glasses around with logoup top. If you are not
    happy, we will make you happy. That's my word. Post this on Pinside
    too as I don't post there. '

Like it or not I think we all can agree Pinside is quickly becoming very popular within the pinball community. I'm not sure why Jack has chosen not to post on Pinside especially in a situation like this. I hope he reconsiders in the future. Overall this is a very friendly community with a lot of passion for pinball. Either way JJP did listen to the community and will be making it right and that is something to be applauded.

FYI Gweempose and others, now they are offering for today only buy 1 get one 1/2 off both with no logo on them it is on their site at pinballsales.com. For me still a bit too pricey but just thought I would post it for others. I hope we see a developer offer a similar product in the $150 range in the near future.

#216 12 years ago

I am picking up 8 more sheets on Friday. I will just need a few more to do all my pins. I didn't care about the logo from the start. This just makes it better

#217 12 years ago

Seems pretty clear (har)... first person to offer PDI/Invisiglass-quality at $150 shipped per sheet will make a lot of money very quickly!

#218 12 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

I have cats and kids. Every sheet of glass I have has scratches. Any sort of coated glass would probably scratch pretty easy too and at 3 bills a pop I just can't see that happening for me any time soon. Besides, I'm way too broke to blow dough like that. Must be a lot of rich pinsiders buying this stuff. Maybe one of em will send me a sheet so I can see what the fuss is about

All anti-glare glass is specially coated and will scratch easier than regular glass. Look at 3M, Schott, etc at their spec sheets and how to clean that glass.

If I didn't have a cat I would buy some too.

#219 12 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

I am picking up 8 more sheets on Friday. I will just need a few more to do all my pins. I didn't care about the logo from the start.

It couldn't have worked out better for you, tatman. That's a heck of a lot of money you just saved!

#220 12 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

spfxted
    "If you collect pinball machines...you can afford $150."
    Very true, I can afford glass even if it was 1000 a sheet. But my 40 dollar normal sheets work awesome. I don't buy into all the hype. You buy 4 sheets of this fancy glass and you could have just bought a whole machine instead. I'll take a new pin over glass all day long...
    I do think the glass looks awesome though...but it's just way to much cash IMO...regardless of how great it is

Sort of true...not 4 sheets at $150 though. Still hard to get a great machine for $600. Hey, I'm just glad we have the choice. I've seen this stuff and it DOES make a big difference on a machine.

#221 12 years ago
    Quoted from jackal2001:

zippydapinhead said:I have cats and kids. Every sheet of glass I have has scratches. Any sort of coated glass would probably scratch pretty easy too and at 3 bills a pop I just can't see that happening for me any time soon. Besides, I'm way too broke to blow dough like that. Must be a lot of rich pinsiders buying this stuff. Maybe one of em will send me a sheet so I can see what the fuss is about
    All anti-glare glass is specially coated and will scratch easier than regular glass. Look at 3M, Schott, etc at their spec sheets and how to clean that glass.
    If I didn't have a cat I would buy some too.

I have 2 cats but will get eventually as it does make such a difference. Just hope my cats behave!

#222 12 years ago

I have 2 cats but will get eventually as it does make such a difference. Just hope my cats behave!

Mod your cats.

#223 12 years ago

Fur boots

#224 12 years ago

Just keep a nice powerful spray bottle handy.

#225 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Cracks me up! My sheets are sitting on my doorstep waiting for me when I get home....a proud owner of a logo sheet baby...

#226 12 years ago

ChadH: You have to admit... there is some humor in the fact that everyone is irate about the logo when it was $300 for a sheet. Pitchforks were out!!!

I agree. Personally, I thought the logo was fine and kind of cool and in an innocuous area. But I missed out on all the deals. Oh well.

#227 12 years ago

Latest, last offer!! Good one as well
    OK - I was just informed we are out of the Standard JJP Logo version
    glass - we have some Widebody JJP Logo glass left. So:
    You can still buy a JJP logo widebody and get a standard (non JJP logo
    free) while supplies last.
    OR:
    FOR TODAY ONLY UNTIL MIDNIGHT:
    Order either Standard or Widebody size INVISIGLASS™ and you get the
    second glass of your size choice for half price plus shipping. So
    that's $442.50 - Both of those glasses will NOT have the JJP logo.
    That's all folks. Tomorrow the INVISIGLASS™ is back at $295.00 a sheet
    plus shipping and no JJP logo.
    I figure while we are doing this, let's finish it with the best I
    could do for today. Thanks, and thanks for the lesson.
    Jack

#228 12 years ago

If someone didn't like the logo, fine. At a 50% discount, they could live with it. Nothing wrong there. lol...I bought eyeglasses because they were on sale. $350 regular price...$149 on sale...not the frames I really wanted....but still damn nice

#229 12 years ago

Hey Terry,

I think it would be fair to say that by the time you read this you will be tired of packing glass!!

David

#230 12 years ago

Just speaking with someone who was actually there...I'd say that's a big 10-4

#231 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Indeed. In my case I don't care for the logo at all so I didn't jump in on the screaming deal. Others decided at half price they could live with it. I don't really see why that would be surprising.

#233 12 years ago

I just want to make sure I understand Jack's latest offer. I can order a widebody and a regular sheet for a total of $450 + shipping, and neither one will have the logo. Is this correct?

#234 12 years ago

Is it going to be possible to order logo glass from Jack in the future? Hope so as I really want that now. In fact if Jack doesn't make that available to I will raise my pitchfork and raise a ruckus! The people demand to have their logo back.

#235 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

just want to make sure I understand Jack's latest offer. I can order a widebody and a regular sheet for a total of $450 + shipping, and neither one will have the logo. Is this correct?

Yes. Until midnight is what he said.

#236 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shadow:

ChadH: You have to admit... there is some humor in the fact that everyone is irate about the logo when it was $300 for a sheet. Pitchforks were out!!!
    I agree. Personally, I thought the logo was fine and kind of cool and in an innocuous area. But I missed out on all the deals. Oh well.

Actually it's false. Both sheets will not have the logo. You will have the logo one you order and then the logo free one that's free after. So you are getting a free logo glass and one without logo at full price. That's worth it.

#237 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I just want to make sure I understand Jack's latest offer. I can order a widebody and a regular sheet for a total of $450 + shipping, and neither one will have the logo. Is this correct?

Gweem, you are correct. I just spoke to Jen and ordered 2 sheets, buy one/get one half off, both with no logos. When you place the order and check out on the pinballsales.com website, it will show the full price without the discount, but Jen said to just put in a comment about the special deal and your card will be charged appropriately when it ships, which will be in about 3-4 weeks.

I am very impressed with Jack's level of commitment to his customers...!

#238 12 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Is it going to be possible to order logo glass from Jack in the future? Hope so as I really want that now. In fact if Jack doesn't make that available to I will raise my pitchfork and raise a ruckus! The people demand to have their logo back.

I was talking to Jen and she thinks that they will have smaller logos that are hidden under lockdown bar in the future but she said no decisions yet, but it will get smaller for sure. I was happy about the deal since I actually liked the logo to start with. No different then wearing a T-shirt or having a neon sign on the wall.

#239 12 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

I must be missing the humor in this? Why can't it be about both price *and* the logo? I don't like the logo. The vast majority of people here don't like the logo. Jack apparently agrees that it wasn't a good idea, and has listened to what potential customers are saying, so it won't have the logo when additional batches are made. So he offers an amazing 2 for 1 deal. So why wouldn't the majority of people who don't like the logo be willing to put up with it for half price? No way would I have bought this glass with the logo on it for $300.00. I'd stick with my PDI glass. 2 for 1? Yeah, I'll put up with the logo for that price. Nothing funny about it!

#240 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

jeffspinballpalace said:Is it going to be possible to order logo glass from Jack in the future? Hope so as I really want that now. In fact if Jack doesn't make that available to I will raise my pitchfork and raise a ruckus! The people demand to have their logo back.
    I was talking to Jen and she thinks that they will have smaller logos that are hidden under lockdown bar in the future but she said no decisions yet, but it will get smaller for sure. I was happy about the deal since I actually liked the logo to start with. No different then wearing a T-shirt or having a neon sign on the wall.

I wouldn't have any problem at all with a logo on the glass that would be hidden by the lock down bar. That makes a lot of sense.

#241 12 years ago
    Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Gweem, you are correct. I just spoke to Jen and ordered 2 sheets, buy one/get one half off, both with no logos. When you place the order and check out on the pinballsales.com website, it will show the full price without the discount, but Jen said to just put in a comment about the special deal and your card will be charged appropriately when it ships, which will be in about 3-4 weeks.

Thanks, VA! I just placed my order. By the way, I got hit with IL sales tax on my order, as well as a $5 S&H fee. I was a little surprised to see this.

#242 12 years ago

Jack has business operations in both IL and NJ. I remember this came up for discussion in the WOZ forum a month or so back when people asked about picking up their machines in IL - would Jack have to charge state tax. At that time, he wasn't sure... but I guess he figured out the answer.

#243 12 years ago

Gonna post it in this thread too....just got my Invisiglass installed in Spidey and Lotr le, and it's amazing.....looks like there is no glass at all and for me it's worth every penny compared to what i had.....

As for the logo, it's the most overblown complained about non-issue I can imagine.....imho, it sits right over the plunger for me and you don't even know it's there....I like it anyhow...

So thanks to those that don't like it and complained, love the 2-1, great job JJP!

Looks like with WOZ and future games we'll actually get some quality control and great customer service

#244 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Gonna post it in this thread too....just got my Invisiglass installed in Spidey and Lotr le, and it's amazing.....

Pics?

#245 12 years ago

I'll try and take some good ones and post later.....not sure the pics will do it justice though, it would be hard to ever put the old glass back on...

I think I'm going to keep one piece back in the box as a NIB LE Since the 2-1's will be coming...

#246 12 years ago

iceman it is NOT overblown...your love for JJP is overblown if anything....drink some more koolaid hahaha

That logo sucks, it should have been in the bottom corner at the least, under the lockdown bar. To top it off the JJP logo is ugly IMO.

#247 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

So thanks to those that don't like it and complained, love the 2-1, great job JJP!

You're welcome!

Quoted from tomdotcom:

To top it off the JJP logo is ugly anyhow haha...

Agreed. Not my cup of tea.

#248 12 years ago

Guys, the logo is in the bottom right corner for me and I'm telling you it's way overblown....you just don't see it or notice it really, very discreet........but whatever floats your boat, I'm a big JJP Kool Aid drinker!!!

The glass is freaking awesome, and I'm sure PDI is too...

#249 12 years ago

I probably should take advantage of the 2 for $450 deal that is going on, but that's still a lot of scratch for a couple pieces of glass...

#250 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Guys, the logo is in the bottom right corner for me and I'm telling you it's way overblown....you just don't see it or notice it really, very discreet........but whatever floats your boat, I'm a big JJP Kool Aid drinker!!!
    The glass is freaking awesome, and I'm sure PDI is too...

Dude, we've already seen pics of the logo on Tatman's pin with the logo over the shooter lane. It *is* a fairly big deal to some of us! Apparently Jack felt the complaints were valid enough to....well...you know what he's done!

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-in-stock-at-pinball-life/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.