Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 309 posts
  • 74 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by John_I
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2598-1.jpg
    IMG_2596-1.jpg
    IMG_2592-1.jpg
    15_740.jpg
    snoresnore.jpg
    P1010315.JPG
    P1010314.JPG
    P1010313.jpg
    P1010312.JPG
    P1010311.JPG
    P1010310.jpg
    P1010309.jpg
    P1010308.JPG
    P1010307.JPG
    P1010306.JPG
    P1010305.JPG
    There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 12 years ago

I just was speaking with Terry on another subject and brought up the glass question only to discover that he has 90 sheets on the shelf!

I'm gonna get some for sure.

It also helps that Terry is such an asset to the pinball community.

David

#2 12 years ago

I'm tempted to drive out there and grab a piece just so I can compare it to my PDI glass. I just wish it wasn't so damn expensive.

#3 12 years ago

If he has it, I hope Jen shipped mine that's paid for!

#4 12 years ago

I was under the impression that invisiglass was supposed to be a lot cheaper than PDI? Jack's price on pinballsales.com would indicate this is not true...

#5 12 years ago
    Quoted from btrip:

I was under the impression that invisiglass was supposed to be a lot cheaper than PDI? Jack's price on pinballsales.com would indicate this is not true...

IIRC, Jack originally indicated that it would cost significantly less than PDI glass. Unfortunately, this didn't end up being the case. As a result, the stuff would have to perform better than PDI glass in order for me to stop buying Joey's product. The fact that the PDI glass is more readily available is a non-factor for me. I don't mind waiting longer if I have to.

#6 12 years ago

At 3 bills a sheet I know why they call it invisiglass, I can't see me buying any.

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

At 3 bills a sheet ...

three benjamins? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...

I was hoping Jack would have the stuff for a c note or less, I would like to get 10 sheets but for 3K I could get a game.
    I saw a vid of this stuff and you could still see the DMD reflection.
    At this price point I will stick with the Glare Guards.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

davewth said:tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...
    I was hoping Jack would have the stuff for a c note or less, I would like to get 10 sheets but for 3K I could get a game.

Its about a lot more than the DMD reflection Eric. If you ever make it over here you can check a few sheets of the PDI glass out yourself and see what you think. It's pretty cool stuff. Just don't be surprised when you see Kim's DMD guards on all of my pins, even the ones with the PDI glass.

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

tracelifter said:davewth said:tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...
    Its about a lot more than the DMD reflection Eric. If you ever make it over here you can check a few sheets of the PDI glass out yourself and see what you think. It's pretty cool stuff. Just don't be surprised when you see Kim's DMD guards on all of my pins, even the ones with the PDI glass.

I would like to see this stuff in person, how scratch resistant is it?
    The wife dusted 8 of my games with her wedding ring spun on her finger and it cost me 2 bills to replace the glass, I would have had a colorectal hemmorage if it had been 8 sheets of this stuff.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

RobT said:tracelifter said:davewth said:tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...
    I would like to see this stuff in person, how scratch resistant is it?
    The wife dusted 8 of my games with her wedding ring spun on her finger and it cost me 2 bills to replace the glass, I would have had a colorectal hemmorage if it had been 8 sheets of this stuff.

Well, in my experience it certainly doesn't seem to be particularly sensitive to scratching. As I've indicated in prior posts, I've had probably a dozen airballs strike the PDI glass on my pins and it has never left a mark.

I'm certainly not going to say that it would stand up to your wife's wedding ring, but then again, neither will regular glass (as you know)!

#12 12 years ago

I have a scratch on the PDI glass on my TZ. I don't know how it got there, but someone obviously put something on the glass that they shouldn't have. Fortunately, I was able to flip the glass around so that the scratch is near the top of the playfield. You can't really notice it unless you really look closely.

#13 12 years ago

Really?!?!? Do we really need another active thread on glass? This is the third one that is on the first two pages. I understand if a person searchs and cannot find an old article but these are current threads.

#14 12 years ago

Actually I posted this because I am sure there are other people local to Terry that might appreciate knowing that the glass is on the shelf where you can simply go get it as I will do.

I figured the rest of the opinions had already been debated.

For me I don't care about the rest. Patience is not a virtue of mine so I was happy to learn that Terry laid out a pile of cash to ultimately make the glass deal easier for me.

Well done Terry.

#15 12 years ago

I will be picking up 5 sheets from terry this week. I have 2 sheets of PDI so I can compare .

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

tracelifter said:At 3 bills a sheet ...

Sorry about my non-constructive post.

#17 12 years ago

It's an expensive piece of glass....either one is gonna be great and the regular glass is fine too....I think that is all that needs to be said, who cares about lab results.....

One bennie, three bennies..it is what it is.....

#18 12 years ago

It was looking at Tatmans PDI glass in his medieval madness that made it a must have item. The glass is truly amazing. It's gonna cost a fortune to switch over. Worth it for sure to me based on what I saw.

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from V8chopper:

Actually I posted this because I am sure there are other people local to Terry that might appreciate knowing that the glass is on the shelf where you can simply go get it as I will do.

He mentions that himself in the other threads.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

He mentions that himself in the other threads.

One of the negatives with there being so much activity on Pinside these days is that it can be tough to keep up with all the threads. I feel like I'm on the site constantly, and yet there are still some that slip through the cracks.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

One of the negatives with there being so much activity on Pinside these days is that it can be tough to keep up with all the threads. I feel like I'm on the site constantly, and yet there are still some that slip through the cracks.

I was thinking the same thing. Two months ago I could keep up checking in one a day. Now it is near impossible.

#22 12 years ago

I picked up 5 sheets today from Terry looks great with no purple tint. Will post pics tonight. I have PDI glass so can get a good idea on this glass. Terry had a sheet in a sopranos and it looked as good as PDI. Will do some side by side tonight.

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Will do some side by side tonight.

Nice! Finally get to hear side by side from consumers.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from tatman9999:

Will do some side by side tonight

Thank You!

#25 12 years ago

Thanks tatman...we are all anxiously awaiting your impressions/pics...!

#26 12 years ago

have 5 sheets has logo in corner

P1010283.jpgP1010283.jpg P1010284.jpgP1010284.jpg

#27 12 years ago

pics

P1010285.jpgP1010285.jpg

#28 12 years ago

how big is that logo???

#29 12 years ago

Holy crap. Logo in the glass would be a deal breaker. Wish I didn't order two sheets now

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Holy crap. Logo in the glass would be a deal breaker. Wish I didn't order two sheets now

Indeed. PDI looks like the way to go!

#31 12 years ago

I think two panes on top of each other plus shadows are creating a bit of an optical illusion, can you take a pic with a quarter or something for scale next to the logo?

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I think two panes on top of each other is creating a bit of an optical illusion, can you take a pic with a quarter or something for scale next to the logo?

Better yet... Take a picture of it installed on a machine.

#33 12 years ago

Yea if you can see logo with it installed that is not cool at all. Isn't the purpose to look like its not there???

#34 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Yea if you can see logo with it installed that is not cool at all. Isn't the purpose to look like its not there???

I agree, if I can see the logo AT ALL when installed it is a deal breaker and I will stick with PDI even if Invisiglass has better performance (I am guessing any difference will not be readily perceptible).

#35 12 years ago

$300 for a sheet. That's nuts. C'mon.

So the tempered glass comes in at $30-45 each and the invisa technology labor/material is $250-270. Something wrong with this. There must be a huge profit margin on this one.

So my question is, is the stuff inside the glass material or sprayed on the glass and easily scratched ?

I'll stick with what I have or a glare guard.

#36 12 years ago

At least make the logo small and place it so the lock down bar covers it. Wow... that sux!! So how many new WOZ owners are going to put PDI on their pins instead??

#37 12 years ago

Isn't that the case?

#38 12 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Isn't that the case?

We don't know yet. Tat hasn't put up pics of it installed.

#39 12 years ago

tat! Stop screwin' around!

#40 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Agreed. Whenever I order glass I ask for it to be made with no watermark or "bug" as some of them call it.

The PDI glass is good in certain rooms with poor lighting positions or brighly lit ceilings. For the most part well positioned spotlights (over the shoulder of the players) and a Pinzero glare guard eliminates the need for it. I have people tell me all the time that my games look like the glass is off. Installing two layers of warming filter on Stern translite tubes helps prevent glare too along with NEVER installing LEDs in a backbox.

John

#41 12 years ago

Wait, you're telling me that huge logo is etched into the glass? That's insane!

#42 12 years ago

I think It looks the same if not a hair better then pdi. I installed JJP in MY TAF. there is PDI in TZ,MM, regular glass in IJ. hard to tell in the pics.

P1010287.JPGP1010287.JPG P1010288.jpgP1010288.jpg

#43 12 years ago

more pics

P1010289.JPGP1010289.JPG

#44 12 years ago

pic

P1010290.JPGP1010290.JPG

#45 12 years ago

pic

P1010291.JPGP1010291.JPG

#46 12 years ago

I have nothing but the utmost respect for Jack, but he is on smack if he thinks collectors are going to be cool with that logo. It's nice to hear that the product at least delivers on the promise of being an alternative to PDI. Thanks for the pics, tatman!

#47 12 years ago

Yeah for $300 a sheet I better not be seeing a giant logo.. is it a decal maybe?

#48 12 years ago

pic

P1010292.JPGP1010292.JPG

#49 12 years ago

pic

P1010293.jpgP1010293.jpg

#50 12 years ago

Wow... That logo is very prominent. Have to say that's very disappointing. Thanks for posting Tat.

There are 309 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-in-stock-at-pinball-life and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.