(Topic ID: 63296)

Invisiglass

By lrosent345

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CV_Green_DMD_8.24.2013.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lrosent345.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I didn't want to hijack the scratch post so I'm starting a new one. I have been thinking alot about how to resolve the problem with the price of Invisiglass. I think it's time to ask for input from everyone.

My opinion of Invisiglass is that it is really clear and makes the whole playfield pop but it's ability to block the DMD reflection is horrible. So here's my solution.

You can pick up a sheet of clear glass (Starfire is one brand name), locally for probably 50 or 60 bucks. Combine that with a louvered filter on the DMD and I think you will have a solution that is even better for under $100. I'm not a glass expert so I am interested in other peoples opinion of my idea.

#6 10 years ago

Starfire glass is not anti-reflective. That's why you need the louvered filter on the DMD.

#13 10 years ago

MR68: Have you tried Starfire glass in combo with glare guard or a louvered filter?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lrosent345.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass-4?tu=lrosent345 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.