(Topic ID: 12425)

Invisiglass

By rommy

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

From another forum:
    Hi everybody. we are taking preorders for Jersey Jack invisiglass. You
    can order standard or widebody sheets for $295.00 plus tax. Also we
    will be taking preorders for WoZ playfields that should be available
    at the MI pinball expo. Should have pricing on playfields shortly.
    Also you will be able to get them signed at the MI pinball expo by
    Jersey Jack and part of the design team. If you have any questions
    feel free to emaill me. Thanks Gary.

Well...looks like $295 a sheet if this is real. ouch.

#2 12 years ago

ooooo...not much savings there...unless you pick it up...

#3 12 years ago

This is a HUGE disappointment!

All I can say is that this confirms what Joey has been saying all along: this glass costs a lot to make, and he doesn't make much profit on it.

Glad that I have 2 sheets already on order from Joey which should be here in a couple weeks.

Jack was obviously wrong when he said he could substantially lower the cost on this stuff.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

All I can say is that this confirms what Joey has been saying all along: this glass costs a lot to make, and he doesn't make much profit on it.
    Glad that I have 2 sheets already on order from Joey which should be here in a couple weeks.
    Jack was obviously wrong when he said he could substantially lower the cost on this stuff.

Can you imagine the shipping overseas on that glass, and getting it here in one piece by the pallet loads ?

#5 12 years ago

Another reason to keep my collection in the lower numbers!

And, since upgrades apparently mean nothing when you're selling, mine will be staying with me...

#6 12 years ago

Well....glad I got a WOZ!

#7 12 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Well....glad I got a WOZ!

Though the wait is making me lose sleep, me too.

I mean, glad I did, too. I am not THAT glad that YOU got one. Well, that is selfish, I guess I am for you, too.

Sorry, I have had a crazy weekend.

I think?

Good bye

#8 12 years ago

At $295 they are going to have to convince me. PDI is proven.

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

At $295 they are going to have to convince me. PDI is proven.

Is PDI 300 a sheet for standard and widebody? I know I've heard that number thrown around but wasn't sure if it referred to standard size or both?

#10 12 years ago

From jack himself :
    We tried - the glass companies laughed at us so the best we could do
    is lower cost of shipping and have it in stock at this point and
    that's with 1500 sheets ordered of WB and 250 of Standard to start
    with.....

this is a major ouch.

#11 12 years ago

I have to admit, I was very shocked to see Jack's product coming in at such a high price point.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

RobT said:This is a HUGE disappointment!
    Can you imagine the shipping overseas on that glass, and getting it here in one piece by the pallet loads ?

Exactly.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

You
    can order standard or widebody sheets for $295.00 plus tax

This is quite disappointing! I was hoping to pick up a couple of sheets. Oh well not gonna happen now.

#14 12 years ago

The guys who make this glass have the market cornered.. they can charge whatever they like -- kinda reminds me of when speaker kits, LED displays and LED bulbs first arrived.

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_customs:

The guys who make this glass have the market cornered.. they can charge whatever they like

True, but it's still shocking that it's so expensive. PDI glass only costs so much because it goes through two middlemen and has to be imported. I assume JJP's product is manufactured domestically.

#16 12 years ago

Roman made the mistake of helping JJP and JJP took the product and sourced it. Pinball is DIRTY!! Remember the game was to have PDI?? PDI is the glass from your LCD TV. Nothing meets the standard of PDI. PDI can't even be made here in the states!! The Iron is removed from the glass during the process. I'd bet It's a glass treatment and not a process like PDI. Their is a treatment for Museum glass and that's not PDI. Is a film, spray or a real product that will last like PDI. The only down side of PDI is you don't want to scratch it!! No matter what it's not cheap! Or is it?

#17 12 years ago

I'm not sure I follow your point, Exejet, but Roman is a forum member here (MagicJumpi) and he posted about the PDI glass in Phoog's thread. He's stated that the PDI glass is coated and that's how it gets its anti-reflective properties. Is what you were saying?

#18 12 years ago
    Quoted from Exejet:

Roman made the mistake of helping JJP and JJP took the product and sourced it.

Better be ready to back yourself up when you start throwing around allegations like that.

#19 12 years ago

To some degree yes, it's more than that. PDI isn't glass with a spray coating from what I understand. Really what is the product JJP has? Is it the film Terry sells? I guess we'll see.

#20 12 years ago

Ho hum... I shall live with the glare.

The dream of affordable premium glass is failboated.

#21 12 years ago

Sharing information is not a mistake.

#22 12 years ago

The price is fine.

The benefit of the jjp glass night be that it doesn't take 6 months to ship. I am still waiting on 14 sheets of Pdi glass from may

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I have to admit, I was very shocked to see Jack's product coming in at such a high price point.

Yep me too,I had high hopes of getting a sheet for my White Water.At this point I was prepared to pay $150.00 or less,oh well it's something to put on "The List",it's pretty high up on the list but it will be dropping a few notches now.

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from MagicJumpi:

Sharing information is not a mistake.

+1

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from v8torino:

gweempose said:I have to admit, I was very shocked to see Jack's product coming in at such a high price point.
    Yep me too,I had high hopes of getting a sheet for my White Water.At this point I was prepared to pay $150.00 or less,oh well it's something to put on "The List",it's pretty high up on the list but it will be dropping a few notches now.

Things cost what they cost. I cannot understand why non reflective glass is so difficult to source. I have asked lots of local glass suppliers and its like I am asking for the moon! And of all the pins I have, WH20 needs it the most for some reason, due to the lighting.

#26 12 years ago

Jack cannot get it with his purchasing power, I doubt we will ever see it any cheaper.

Quoted from Exejet:

Roman made the mistake of helping JJP and JJP took the product and sourced it.

Exejet, are you saying there is no way for Jack to get this product sourced on his own? What makes you throw around that info?

It is not hard to find non-glare glass, it is just expensive. I was checking with my local and he said it is available from him in a larger sheet he would just have to cut it. If I can find it, I am sure JJP could find it as well. Even if they are getting it direct and eliminating a guy, how is that bad? I always go direct if I can.

#27 12 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Even if they are getting it direct and eliminating a guy, how is that bad?

Mathematically spoken I have to disagree.
    The question is not how many guys are involved in a deal or how many should be eliminated.
    The question is how much each of the guys want's to earn ?

#28 12 years ago

As a business I would expect each person wanting to max their profits. Many questions and no answers. Why does everybody speak in riddles? Maybe I am just not smart enough to follow.

#29 12 years ago

When I'm in Germany I pick up PDI for $125 EU! You do the math!!

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from rommy:

Well...looks like $295 a sheet if this is real. ouch.

Quoted from RobT:

Quoted from RobT:

Yea that is just too much for me to bite on this one. A huge disappointment indeed! If this info is correct Jack was wrong. Well I hope those that get the mod love it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisiglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.