Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 227 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by perryd
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2424.JPG
    Dancing_Monsters_Mummy_Dracula_Franken.gif
    35893117[1].jpg
    IJ.jpg
    jack.jpg
    There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Frankly, I think it's hard to justify 300$ glass period. If it wasn't, there would be enough demand to get the price on this stuff to a semi-reasonable level, and they wouldn't need to do these sales occasionally when they get overstocked.

Its not $300 glass...its $200....if you buy 3

#52 10 years ago

Dredd's going to look real nice with Invisaglass. Now, what to do with the other two.

#53 10 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dredd's going to look real nice with Invisaglass. Now, what to do with the other two.

My birthday's the end of July....

#54 10 years ago

Anyone in Orange County want to split an order?

#55 10 years ago

Anyone in Las Vegas need a sheet.I only need 2.With shipping its $232.00 a sheet.Standard or Widebody?.

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Is Verona North Jersey?

There's always a debate on where Central Jersey ends. It takes about an hour to get to the top of the state, and three to get to the bottom. So by my math, Northern Jersey.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

But invisiglass is not used to prevent DMD glare, its used to make your pf and lighting to POP!

I have glare guards on all my pinball. Does invisiglass help stop the glare coming from the light reflecting down from the Back-Box enough to justify spending the money on Invisiglass ? I play in the dark. If it helps a minimal amount I will pass. But if it helps a maximal amount I would upgrade. Any insight ? Thanks

#58 10 years ago

Total waste of money IMO, unless you have some HEP restored 10k machine.

I use a DMD glare guard and have new glass from our local shop, 30-40 bucks each and it looks great...

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from rrosenhouse:

So by my math, Northern Jersey.

I now agree!

#60 10 years ago

I probably know the answer to this question already, and before I ask Jen....do you think you can save on shipping by combining with WOZLE shipment later this month? I would think the answer is no since you can't really add it to the WOZ box.

#61 10 years ago

Anyone in Dallad want to go in? I want a widebody sheet.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Eskaybee said:

But invisiglass is not used to prevent DMD glare, its used to make your pf and lighting to POP!

I have glare guards on all my pinball. Does invisiglass help stop the glare coming from the light reflecting down from the Back-Box enough to justify spending the money on Invisiglass ? I play in the dark. If it helps a minimal amount I will pass. But if it helps a maximal amount I would upgrade. Any insight ? Thanks

#63 10 years ago

Need one standard sheet for my SM,but I'm in Asheville , so guessing there's no one close enough that needs the other 2? Just throwing it out there....

#64 10 years ago

I only have PDI glass at this point, but have been told it behaves the same as invisiglass..my game room extremely dark, doesn't really do anything for back box light, but still is major improvement over standard glass, even in dark room....

#65 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Quoted from MK6PIN:

I only have PDI glass at this point, but have been told it behaves the same as invisiglass..my game room extremely dark, doesn't really do anything for back box light, but still is major improvement over standard glass, even in dark room....

Thank for feedback. I just can't decide.

#66 10 years ago

Rob....I get it....think with the criteria you're looking at, would be a toss up....can't really say w confidence that you'll see enough reduction in back box glare to justify it....I think PDI also sells translite glare reduction kits too, can't remember...might be worth a look.....

#67 10 years ago

What kind of logo is on these sheets now?

I was under the impression that they now just had the small Invisiglass logotype that ended up hidden under the lockdown bar, but the sheets that PinballSTAR had at Allentown last month had the NJ state outline logo on them, so I passed. Maybe it was just old stock?

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thank for feedback. I just can't decide.

I'll decide for you. No. Because you have 12 machines; if you get 1 sheet to try your gonna be flipping it in and out of machines every time you want to play a different game lol. You'll pretend that the glass is just for one machine, but the truth is the stuff is so good you'll face an inevitable end and have to buy 11 more sheets. That's serious coin. But I'd rather have 12 machines with invisiglass than 13 machines without.

#69 10 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'll decide for you. No. Because you have 12 machines; if you get 1 sheet to try your gonna be flipping it in and out of machines

O.C.D. is a bitch.

#70 10 years ago

Yes I agree. I have 9 pins in my gameroom and when I went to Allentown and saw invisiglass in person I was blown away. It truly looked like the glass was out of the machine. Its amazing !

Yet with 9 pins at $300 a sheet the cost was just too much. I knew like potato chips, you cant have just one so it had to be an all or nothing experience. I have been holding off in envy.

This sale knocks it down to $200 a sheet so at that price point its still expensive but I just went in and pulled the trigger on 9 sheets (3 sets of 3). Now my gameroom is really gonna shine (or not that is! LOL) Woo-Hoo

#71 10 years ago

Dangit....nobody in D/FW interested? I ain't gonna pay 300 for glass and I'm not going to keep an extra sheet on a whim..

#72 10 years ago

So I see the sale on the 3 pack, has anyone called to see if it is a buy one get one half off if you only want 2? I called Jenn and left a message.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

JRK - lemme know when you find a 300$ Future Spa that doesn't look like crap. I'll buy it for parts and double my money after taking anything I need.

I sold my Future Spa a few months back for $300. It was truly decent and working.

#74 10 years ago

Are cats walking in my machines going to mess up this glass?

#75 10 years ago

Well, I'm sad I missed out and that you weren't closer then. I could've used a parts game. Whoever got it made off like a bandit IMO, since a working MPU is 100$, the backglass if it's mint I know at least one other person that would've paid probably 300$ just for it. PF another 100-400 depending on the condition, etc etc etc.

Repsect for not parting it out, it was certainly worth more than that.

#76 10 years ago

How much is shipping on 3 sheets? located in NC

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

How much is shipping on 3 sheets? located in NC

You can quite easily add them to your cart and initiate a checkout and find out for yourself. However, it'll probably be around $20-$25 a sheet.

#78 10 years ago

yep, $71.27 darn it.

#79 10 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great product........but....

$25-$30 for regular safety glass.

$300 (or $200 if you buy 3 before July 5th) for invisaglass.........really?

IMHO - let me know when it hits $40-$50 because that's what "I" think it's worth vs. regular glass.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

let me know when it hits $40-$50 because that's what "I" think it's worth vs. regular glass.

Don't hold your breath...

#81 10 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are cats walking in my machines going to mess up this glass?

Doubtful (unless their fur is super-scratchy) but I'd be more concerned with how cats are getting into your machines.

#82 10 years ago

Sounds like they are back ordered now =( 6 weeks

#83 10 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Doubtful (unless their fur is super-scratchy) but I'd be more concerned with how cats are getting into your machines.

Ha, meant "on"...as in, would their claws or any dirt scratch it up?

#84 10 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

yep, $71.27 darn it.

My shipping said that too for 3 sheets but ended up being $56.02 Got mine in yesterday

#85 10 years ago

Yup, per Jen they are backordered 6 weeks, but they will honor the pricing if you place the order.

#86 10 years ago

The Joisey Boyz are IN!

#87 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

The Joisey Boyz are IN!

Yep...we did a three-way...!

#88 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Yep...we did a three-way...!

..and got glass too!

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Bought my three

Are they shipping direct to you or are you picking them up across border?

#90 10 years ago

Direct through UPS,to me.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

..and got glass too!

Suppose it's good we didn't do some buy on cabinets and then let you say we got wood....

#93 10 years ago

I just don't understand why they are taking two and half weeks to ship my order when they said it was in stock?

#94 10 years ago

In for 6. Shipping was $51 to south NJ.

#95 10 years ago

I am going to email to cancel my order. I really don't like when this stuff happens.

#96 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I just don't understand why they are taking two and half weeks to ship my order when they said it was in stock?

Probably a ton of orders to pack.

#97 10 years ago

Looking to get an order in today (last day of sale) for the 3 for 2 deal....
    Anyone in CT want a sheet?
    Pricing should be about $220
    Pm me please

#98 10 years ago

I ended up buying all 3. It's a lot of cash for glass, but hopefully I'll have my 2nd NIB soon and a worthwhile restore.

#99 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Probably a ton of orders to pack.

I bet it isn't as many as when they were blowing them out at buy 1 get 1 free when they had the "big" JJP emblem on them. I bought from Pinball Life and they sold out in about an hour. Got mine shipped within 2 days.

#100 10 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I ended up buying all 3. It's a lot of cash for glass, but hopefully I'll have my 2nd NIB soon and a worthwhile restore.

NICE move Shreds ~ money well spent.

There are 227 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/invisaglass-on-sale-at-jjp-till-july-5th/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.