Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ATLpb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85756676-31A0-41DB-A9AF-2A1B1AD076D9.gif
    E58EFEDF-D2B1-41AB-9C4D-8560B31DE3F4.gif
    Screenshot_20230203-132354.png
    laugh.gif
    huh.gif
    PXL_20230202_010457414.jpg
    Cayyypture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

It’s a better investment than a boat or a wife. Worst case, you’re out $500-1000. More likely it will hold its value over time.

#33 1 year ago

I wish Stern would release a game called “Stock” so I could tell my wife I’m buying Stocks and Bonds with our money.

#35 1 year ago

@Tango, don’t take the downvotes personally; there have been a lot of threads like this. You have great collection of older games. If you can swing it and you have the space, treat yourself to one new game to go with them. Here’s a place near you that has Bond, so you can play it before you buy it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/15889-revenge-of-los-angeles-ca

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

Example - People still await a node board replacement for Game of thrones 2015 release Date and can not play without that part (not in stock)and have a 5k or more dead paperweight to look at.

Did this really happen? How long has the owner waited for availability of a replacement board?

Spike games have been reliable for me and my friends who operate pins. I'm not sure what you're suggesting as an alternative.

#52 1 year ago

I’m starting to think that the best new pin to buy is one that Stern is on the last run of, or has stopped making. There’s no advantage to getting the first run of a pin, other than being the only kid on the block that has it (for a while).

Stern is apparently done with Rush. Mark my words, once the hyperventilating over the Node10 boards is over, Rush Pre/LE will be a sought-after pin.

#65 1 year ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

I'm starting to think that the best new pin to buy is the one that you want to own and will enjoy playing.

Yeah, that’s why I broke my rule (“no more first runs”) with Rush. It was a dream theme, so I couldn’t wait.

#68 1 year ago
    Quoted from adol75:

A mass produced Stern pinball in it's entry level version, I wouldn't bet much on recouping what you paid for it. An LE eventually, although people betting on JJP Toy Story CE thinking it would follow the same path as every other CE took a hit.

LE’s are mass-produced the exact same way, on the exact same work stations. If any segment of pinball is a bad investment, it’s a new LE in the current market.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/investment-advice-sought-james-bond-007-pro?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.