Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ATLpb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85756676-31A0-41DB-A9AF-2A1B1AD076D9.gif
    E58EFEDF-D2B1-41AB-9C4D-8560B31DE3F4.gif
    Screenshot_20230203-132354.png
    laugh.gif
    huh.gif
    PXL_20230202_010457414.jpg
    Cayyypture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Yeah - good luck getting 5k for a zeppelin. Turd sandwich.

For the less popular games like Zeppelin Pro there are less examples out there to buy which keeps the prices up. Are there any LCD era Sterns that can be regularly found for $5k or less? I'm not a huge fan of Zeppelin but if the Pros hit $5k or less I'd be really tempted to pick one up.

#40 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

I’m not saying we’re there yet. It’s just my conservative guess. In 2019/2020 a bunch of stern LCDs could be had for under $5k. Yeah the NIB prices have gone up since then, so presumably used’s would too…but I wouldn’t tell a potential buyer that he can count on his pin always being worth more than $5k in today’s $ value. No I’m not predicting a bubble burst.
    Not too long after their releases you could find HUO SW’s, Munsters, BKSOR’s, SThings, Aerosmith (probably a few others) all for around $4500.

I remember those times well. I bought a NIB Iron Maiden "show" game when it first came out for $5K (and later sold for $4700) and the typical selling price for NIB Pros was around $5600. Since then the hobby has gotten way more popular (due to Covid mostly) and the price has shot up about $1400 on Pros which also brought all the used prices up. I don't really see it going back down unless NIB prices start coming down which doesn't seem likely or if a lot of people start exiting the hobby which doesn't seem that likely either. I think we may see price soften on some less desirable titles like BKSOR or Zeppelin but as long as NIB prices keep going up I don't see them going down too far especially since there were less of these less desirable games made.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

Hold on there Bucko…BKSOR is now a desirable game!

I'm sure you're probably right.. It's crazy how some of these games change in popularity. A while back Munsters was considered "too easy" and a dud of a game and now they are a hot game. Only a matter of time before Zeppelin and Turtles get hot too I suppose.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/investment-advice-sought-james-bond-007-pro?tu=mikes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.