Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ATLpb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

85756676-31A0-41DB-A9AF-2A1B1AD076D9.gif
    E58EFEDF-D2B1-41AB-9C4D-8560B31DE3F4.gif
    Screenshot_20230203-132354.png
    laugh.gif
    huh.gif
    PXL_20230202_010457414.jpg
    Cayyypture (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

Pinball machines aren’t investments. They are money making devises for the public that have become collectible.
    Stocks, bonds, and real estate are investments.
    A game at home is a toy. You may or may not make your purchase cost back, the real enjoyment is getting to play your toy. I have no regrets, I love it.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/investment

Webster's describes investment as: the outlay of money usually for income or profit

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

This plus the pros are made out of superior materials since they're professional grade and designed to stand up to the abuse on route. LEs are more prone to breakage since they're home owner grade.

huh.gifhuh.gif
    #78 1 year ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Truth...super stupid. Pins aren't investments, pins aren't investments, pin aren't investments, blah/blah/blah, YET, we all know that if pins depreciated like pool tables, our hobby wouldn't be thriving. Sure, people would still own some games, but the people with over 10 games (like me) wouldn't be collecting so many if their games didn't hold their value fairly well. If people think otherwise, they are fooling themselves. Demand is sky high, but when that subsides we will likely go back to the good ole days where the license and game actually dictate a games value. Bond is a top shelf license and currently an unfinished work under development.

Wow, even more stupid...

Agree 100%!!!!!

No way in hell I would own 18 (19th on order) if I took a bath on every game. It would be no more than 3, at the old prices, not today’s prices.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Trekkie1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/investment-advice-sought-james-bond-007-pro?tu=Trekkie1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.